• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Election Day '08: Obama Wins, Old guy doesn't

Who are you voting for in the US Presidential Election?

• Obama Biden

Votes: 204 72.1%
  • McCain Palin

Votes: 55 19.4%
  • Other

Votes: 24 8.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cman

Smash Ace
That's completely rediculous. If he wasn't born here, then he can't run for president. Don't you think someone would have made a bigger deal about it if it were true????

Tip for life: Use your own brain, and don't listen to other people because most people are dumb.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
I don't see why anyone (except the anti-Obama) would care about the birth certificate thing. The whole rule about how you can't run for president if you weren't born here is stupid and archaic anyway; it is absolutely mind boggling how such a moronic rule is still around.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Obama just won over Pennslyvania.

But yes, it's absurd that a person who doesn't have a U.S birth ceritficate isn't eligible to become a candidate to run for presidency, regardless if thet are knowlegable or wealthy.

cman

Smash Ace
I meant don't listen to word of mouth. Go research it on (as much as is possible) un-biased and reputable sites, then form your own opinion.

Goldshadow: I completely agree, but it is still a rule currently, and it is not a rule that would be changed if Obama didn't meet the criteria.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
That's what he's getting at. You heard there was a problem, and didn't bother to check if it was real or not.

Does it really matter? If he got an D in english one year are you going to change your vote? Reminds me of that simpson episode where Lisa's getting sworn in and a reporter busts in, announces she got an F in 2nd grade gym, and she's instead arrested and sent to Monster Island.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Obama won Ohio!!! Obama Won Ohio!!! Obama just got the state the last election was hinging on! Obama for President!

laki

Smash Apprentice
Obama all the way.

Earlier today I looked around for some data and it's projected that 65 to 70 percent of eligible black voters will be voting and 95 percent of them will likely vote Obama.

I LOVE N1GGAS. And if anyone cares, yes I am black and voted Obama today.

My biggest thing was that there would be no tax increase for people making under 200k a year and that the rich folk would see a tax increase. Which makes sense.

I will admit that part of the reason that I wanted to vote for him was race and if you be black you would know that race is a BIG issue.

But I did also do some research into the issues whatnot and I just really don't want McCain either being a Bush repeat and then dying leaving us with Palin as Prez though to be honest I don't know much about the vice presidents.

From what I've heard it appears that Bidden is a much better politician than Palin but hopefully if Obama does win, he won't get shot (which is what half my family is afraid of).

Can anyone give me some slight info on Palin, cause as I said I know very little about here.

Remember everyone, "No Johns".

Edit: Is it really possible to find out the winner tonight.

And seriously 2 FOR 3 DOLLARS DOUBLE CHEESBURGERS!!? THEY USED TO BE 99 CENTS EACH LIKE 2 AND A HALF YEARS AGO!!! But still 2 for 3 is better than 1 for 2.

M.K

Level 55
Obama!

We need more than 4 more years of bush or...god forbid...any amount of time with Sarah Palin as president.

Simply put, McCain will die and Palin will destroy the world. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

For more information, view sig.
And Obama won't get assassinated? Please.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Voting for someone just because they are the same color as you is a very poor reason to vote. I'm glad that you have other reasons, but honestly...

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Hey Sugar, are you voting for 8? which I noticed from you avi.

but into the election, Ohio definetly was a republican key state for john McCain, though there's still hope as Florida still hasn't been announced.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey Sugar, are you voting for 8? which I noticed from you avi.

but into the election, Ohio definetly was a republican key state for john McCain, though there's still hope as Florida still hasn't been announced.
No, Obama won Florida unfortunately...

And if i lived in California I would have voted. I just support it. But, there is a good chance it will pass, because last polls showed 61% were for prop 8.

laki

Smash Apprentice
Voting for someone just because they are the same color as you is a very poor reason to vote. I'm glad that you have other reasons, but honestly...
NOTE: I said WANTED to vote for him because he's black. And trust me, most blacks feel hated by the white man.
We as a race feel like we would get a fair shot in society with one of our own as the leader.

You may think this is silly but this country is much more segregated than you realize.

Most Americans really don't buy into the melting pot. Look at how culturaly divided the big cities are. I moved to LA 4 months ago and I find it amazing that while the cultures are so diverse, they are also all seperated into there own groups based on race.

Edit: Though I voted yes on 8 how could you honestly think it would pass LOL

Feinstein got her job as Senator for supporting gays. No offense to gays.

Though I voted yes, I do have gay friends.

N1ggas really want there black president cause it would me that we finally have equal opportunity to succeed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzQgAdhWT1E&feature=related

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't see color, I see an individual. Color should NOT matter, regardless of YOUR current situation. Having a black president isn't going to help our country, having a GOOD president is going to help our country. Voting to have someone "represent" YOU is a very selfish idea. You want someone who will represent the entire country.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
And Prop. 8 is stupid. Another reason I'm glad McCain is losing.
Well, regardless, Obama and Biden believe in traditional marriage.

But, 61% (last polled) are for Prop 8 so I'm sure it will pass. Plus, No to Prop 8 people have been real jerks all over the media. They are liars and hypocrites if they are for "tolerance".

M.K

Level 55
America fails. Horribly.
By the way, Obama supporters want him to give his acceptance speech behind a ****ing wall of glass because they think someone will assassinate him.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
The results for my school's mock election last Friday came back in.

Below are the results from Friday’s Mock Presidential Election. Apparently 100 people or so did not vote, or their homeroom teachers did not turn in their ballots. Nothing all that surprising.

Nader
Freshman: 19
Sophmore: 17
Junior: 13
Senior: 26
STUDENT TOTAL: 75
Faculty: 1

McCain
Freshman: 96
Sophmore: 84
Junior: 73
Senior: 48
STUDENT TOTAL: 301
Faculty: 16

Keyes
Freshman: 11
Sophmore: 10
Junior: 7
Senior: 6
STUDENT TOTAL: 34
Faculty: 0

Obama
Freshman: 236
Sophmore: 207
Junior: 161
Senior: 159
STUDENT TOTAL: 763
Faculty: 65

Barr
Freshman: 16
Sophmore: 49
Junior: 106
Senior: 78
STUDENT TOTAL: 249
Faculty: 0

Mckinney
Freshman: 16
Sophmore: 9
Junior: 15
Senior: 12
STUDENT TOTAL: 52
Faculty: 2

Total
Freshman: 394
Sophmore: 376
Junior: 375
Senior: 329
STUDENT TOTAL: 1474
Faculty: 84
I'm surprised Nader did that well :/

BlackFoxPariah

Smash Apprentice
Black people that vote for obama anger me when they're only reason is because he is of the same skin color. I mean come on, be more shallow.

If one more person says that McCain will die in office obviously has lived under a rock for some time. People live long these days. Medicine has come a long way. It's not like he's 90 or something. It's better than having some man that is barely of legal age to run.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Sugar, I don't see sexual preferences, I see an individual. Sexual preferences should NOT matter, regardless of YOUR current situation. Voting to have someone "represent" YOU is a very selfish idea. You want someone who will represent the entire country.

It's not okay to segregate based on race, but it's A-okay to do it based on sexual preference?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Great grandma is 100 and still kicking. McCain just LOOKS that old, he still has life in him.

Sugar, I don't see sexual preferences, I see an individual. Sexual preferences should NOT matter, regardless of YOUR current situation. Voting to have someone "represent" YOU is a very selfish idea. You want someone who will represent the entire country.

It's not okay to segregate based on race, but it's A-okay to do it based on sexual preference?
But they are OBVIOUSLY two very different things and cannot be compared, despite the huge similarities, race and sex are not the same and therefore cannot be handled the same.

Why can't marriage EVER be between two consenting PEOPLE?

Engel

Smash Journeyman
What's funny is that McCain's mother is still alive, yet McCain's apparently about to die >_>

Anyways looks like Obama's won..... The west coast is all going to him so even if McCain wins everything else it's still game over. Now it's time to just hope all the little lemmings don't get lead towards a cliff....

Anyways.... um.... the electoral college system is completely ********....

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
But they are OBVIOUSLY two very different things and cannot be compared, despite the huge similarities, race and sex are not the same and therefore cannot be handled the same.
Despite the treatment of them being the same? Blacks and white were segregated for ages after being freed, and now they're doing the same thing to them.

Race can't be changed (not counting Michael Jackson) and neither can sexual preference.

Being black doesn't harm anyone, neither does being gay.

Both are things that people discriminate against, even now.

Why can't marriage EVER be between two consenting PEOPLE?
Because all the people who have been married before would be all "oh noes now we don't love each other as much anymore, our love doesn't mean the same because two guys/girls can and their love is less than ours and they suck and they're mocking us with their mararages.

Black people that vote for obama anger me when they're only reason is because he is of the same skin color. I mean come on, be more shallow.
It counters out all the people who aren't voting for him because he's black.

laki

Smash Apprentice
I don't see color, I see an individual. Color should NOT matter, regardless of YOUR current situation. Having a black president isn't going to help our country, having a GOOD president is going to help our country. Voting to have someone "represent" YOU is a very selfish idea. You want someone who will represent the entire country.
If find this funny because we all vote for someone to represent interests which is an extension of our selves.

**** straight I want someone to represent me. After having bush in office for 8 years >_>
His brother said in 96 when he was runnig for governer of Florida that he wouldn't do a thing to help the black community which may not be a bad thing but to say it like he did showed contempt. Sometimes it's better to lie but I digress.

Also I said I wanted to vote for Obama cause he was black but that doesn't mean I'm gonna vote for any n1ggar that runs for prez. Really if McCain or Bush where black, I wouldn't vote for either one of them.

And It doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things that I voted yes on 8 because if EVERY eligible voter in Cali voted, 8 still would not pass. I voted yes because of religous reasons not
because I'm necessarily ant-gay. I do have gay friends.

Though you may bring up seperation of church and state, America was founded as a Christian country with Christian ideals and marriage is sacred and holy matrimony though you can fairly easily argue that.

No disrespect intended to anyone just saying how I feel about these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom