• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Election Day '08: Obama Wins, Old guy doesn't

Who are you voting for in the US Presidential Election?

• Obama Biden

Votes: 204 72.1%
  • McCain Palin

Votes: 55 19.4%
  • Other

Votes: 24 8.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Overload

Smash Lord
I'm able to vote, but I'm not going to. Meh, I guess I'm just one of those apathetic people you know?

I don't feel like my individual vote matters that much in the long run. Unless I lived in the state that basically decided the election, and the votes in that state were determined by only a small handful of votes, then I just don't feel the need to vote.

But that's just me. Luckily not everyone thinks like me =)
That's pretty much how I feel. I'm not old enough to vote yet anyways.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Definetly, Barack Obama, why? becuase Senator McCain will basically follow the same guidelines as Bush did, and I'm sure people don't wan't to see another 4 years of the last 8 years.

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
I'm pretty offended that you put "other" instead of typing out the other three candidates.

*Votes for Bob Barr*

OmegaXXII

I'm pretty offended that you put "other" instead of typing out the other three candidates.

*Votes for Bob Barr*

The real question should be, why include "other" as a chioce if itwon't a possible choice on the polls?

unless people are undecided and dislike McCain and Obama's policies.

RaphaelTMNT

Smash Apprentice
Both Obama and Mccaine are pretty intelligent, and have likeable personallities. But Barack would definately make a better president, he can better handle the economy with his plan. And he will also end the war responcibly, that is also why I voted for him. I turned 18 on the 29th of july, which makes this my first election!:) Biden would be a better back up than Palin as well.

Skler

Smash Master
I voted for Mccain, if only to spite the people in college who put an obama pic complete with a fake ballot filled out to vote straight democratic on my door and the words "Take this to the polls" on it. At least the election is almost over.

I feel like at college everyone is fiercely democratic and yet very few of them actually know what the positions are. They just chant slogans and have hope signs everywhere. At least one of their votes doesn't count.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
I voted for Mccain, if only to spite the people in college who put an obama pic complete with a fake ballot filled out to vote straight democratic on my door and the words "Take this to the polls" on it. At least the election is almost over.

I feel like at college everyone is fiercely democratic and yet very few of them actually know what the positions are. They just chant slogans and have hope signs everywhere. At least one of their votes doesn't count.
Yeah it seems like everyone at my college is a total democrat. To be honest though, I'm really apathetic about politics, which may be even worse than someone who has a stance, regardless of whether they know what they're doing or not.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Why is the red bar on the poll for the Dems (and vice versa)?
Until 2000 Red did generally mean Democrat, Reagan's win was called "a sea of blue".

But the colors can't be picked.

OmegaXXII

Darn, I honestly dislike red, as it means rejection(bad), blue on the other hand is of a "calm sea".

regardless, I can't wait for tonight's end result.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
I'm looking at the results so far.

<1% of Popularity vote is in and McCain is winning.

I think Obama is winning in the electoral votes though.

But still, less than 1 percent.. >.>
Can't wait to see results.

edit: I need facts here. Does Obama disrespect the American flag?
Is he Muslim?
Was he born in this country?

Everyone in my family keeps telling me this calling them facts when their only source is the bias media. Anyone who keeps up with live debates can answer this for me.. ?

I don't care either way, I'm neutral with the election because it just doesn't concern me since he's only the nations speaker, and because I'm 16 >.>

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace

The real question should be, why include "other" as a chioce if itwon't a possible choice on the polls?

unless people are undecided and dislike McCain and Obama's policies.
Wait...WHAT!?

Won't be a possible choice on the polls? You DO realize there are more than two presidential candidates, right? And that they're ACTUALLY FOR REAL on the ballot?

>_< I can't believe this. This **** two-party dictatorship is getting out of hand.

And I'm not UNDECIDED, I'm DECIDEDLY a Libertarian, a THIRD PARTY.

MojoMan

Smash Ace
If I could vote, I would vote CHUCK NORRIS!. Naw JK i would vote Obama. I hate how McCain just blows off every single thing Obama says and just pulls out every single little thing Obama has ever done. I mean if Obama frickin' sneezes McCain will say he just bombed Sweden and America's next. Curse my being 13. But I live in New York, so we don't even have to try to vote Obama. It'll happen.

Amide

Smash Lord
@urdailywater

No he's not Muslim.

If he wasn't born in the US he couldn't run for president >__>

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Young people and kids voting for democrat especially someone such as Obama is no suprise. Not at college, not in Smash boards.

The only thing I know about Obama's birth is that he won't release the birth certificate so who knows, usually people do not hide something when it is a good thing so something must be wrong with it. If things have changed in this matter, my bad and please inform me.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Young people and kids voting for democrat especially someone such as Obama is no suprise. Not at college, not in Smash boards.

The only thing I know about Obama's birth is that he won't release the birth certificate so who knows, usually people do not hide something when it is a good thing so something must be wrong with it. If things have changed in this matter, my bad and please inform me.
Oh, please.

The Executive - The poll colors can't be chosen for each option, they're predetermined colors. If I would've known it did red for the first option and blue for the second, I would've ordered them differently. =\

MojoMan

Smash Ace

Age doesn't have much to do with it. If I wanted McCain, I would say I wanted McCain, not Obama. It's because I believe Obama is politcally sound.

OmegaXXII

Wait...WHAT!?

Won't be a possible choice on the polls? You DO realize there are more than two presidential candidates, right? And that they're ACTUALLY FOR REAL on the ballot?

>_< I can't believe this. This **** two-party dictatorship is getting out of hand.

And I'm not UNDECIDED, I'm DECIDEDLY a Libertarian, a THIRD PARTY.
My, bad, my bad, I didn't realize Libertarians had such contributions to this election.

No he's not Muslim.

If he wasn't born in the US he couldn't run for president >__>
lol.. at first, after hearing Obama's name I thought he was some king of Arabian due to it sounding like it, but this could just be me.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
People still believe Obama is a Muslim?

Despite the fact that he received flack for a CHURCH he went to?

And what if he was Muslim? How does that affect him as a leader? >_>

Anyway, I don't know if this was already said, but McCain is the leading the electoral vote 8-3 so far. McCain won Kentucky and Obama won Vermont

Mith_

Smash Champion
I voted for Obama today.
I compared the two and I just see Obama being a better leader. I think he makes smarter decisions.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Well I voted at like 5 today. I was kinda surprised there was NO line at all. Just as I was leaving people were starting to line up.

Warner (democrat) won the senate seat here in VA but the presidential votes in so far have McCain up by a large margin. Virginians are weird lol.

About the Obama birth certificate thing, he should just release it so people would stfu about it. If he wasn't born here then he shouldn't be president, even if he is elected.

Oh yea some clever stuff I've heard in the last couple of months.

Obama = Obamination
Biden = Bidet
McCain = McSame
Palin = Pain

I voted all Republican. I really don't like Warner or Obama (not that I like McCain that much either). I really wish Gilmore won T_T

D

Deleted member

MOD EDIT: Removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom