• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

D

Deleted member

okay, so I'm gonna do a Let's Play of Skyrim, but with a twist. basically people can put the in the comments of the video what I will do in the next part, but since there is no video #0 I'll just ask here what I should do for the first bit. what race? which of the 2 guys in helgen should I follow etc. ( I have no clue how far I'll get in one part).
silly ideas are especially welcome:bee:

Veetaak

Smash Lord
I've gotten 2 random crashes (on PC) during my gameplay. Annoying as hell, don't know why it happens but I do quicksave alot

Also, 97 conjuration, only 3 more to go :D

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I was gonna say Argonian.

I love the "choose your own adventure" via comments twist.

True Story: I had no idea there was a dual "follow this or that guy" at the start of the game. I just ran away from the big ****ing dragon, and I think I ended up following the Imperial out.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
yeah i ended up following the imperial without realizing too.

i don't like either side though. one side has a torture room there (imperials) and the others... started a war, i s'pose.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
In response to whoever was asking if the Thieves Guild/Dark Brotherhood was better/worse than Oblivion, Dark Brotherhoold was cool but definitely not nearly as good as Oblivion's. Thieve's Guild was different but was still as good as Oblivion's.

The one thing I don't like about the four factions compared to Oblivion's versions is that it doesn't feel like you're working your way up them, like you were back then. You just start with a couple low level quest and then BAM they treat you like you've been in the guild all your life and wanna make you the leader. Haven't done the mages college though, so I don't know.

But they have a bunch of side stuff you can do, which is super cool. Unlike in Oblivion where after you completed the guild quest line you were done with it.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
level 40! Trying to get Enchanting to 100, then Alchemy. Anyone know where to get mats to spam stuff for alchemy?

Veetaak

Smash Lord
100 conjuration is amazing :p

2 permanent (till they die) Storm Atronatches ftw

Now I'm going to get my destruction skill up to 100 aswell

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I keep thinking how amazing skyrim would be with mutliplayer similiar to dark souls

:phone:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Picture dump I guess!

dead chicken that was bobbing through the ground, it was pro

invisible torch

dog chilling with dead guy

pickpocketing clothes off of (almost) everyone

M@v

Subarashii!
I was thinking about getting this game, then I took an arrow to the knee.

forgive me

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
In response to whoever was asking if the Thieves Guild/Dark Brotherhood was better/worse than Oblivion, Dark Brotherhoold was cool but definitely not nearly as good as Oblivion's. Thieve's Guild was different but was still as good as Oblivion's.
I finished the DB, and I would have to agree. Spoilers:
When I went to kill the final guy, you know who he is, I was surprised at how ready for death he was. The other guy made it sound like the current emperor was a total douche or something, but he seemed pretty good to me. So instead of killing him, I just pickpocketed his clothes off of him. And you know how he says "I won't fight you?" I got caught pickpocketing him on purpose, so he got pissed and ran off and got a dwarven weapon to attack me with. So then I killed him in "self defense"
Except all I did was do the "marked for death" shout at him and he died instantly. :\

The one thing I don't like about the four factions compared to Oblivion's versions is that it doesn't feel like you're working your way up them, like you were back then. You just start with a couple low level quest and then BAM they treat you like you've been in the guild all your life and wanna make you the leader. Haven't done the mages college though, so I don't know.
I actually heard the mage's college a long time ago, and how they pretty much
make you archmage right away, lol.

I was thinking about getting this game, then I took an arrow to the knee.

forgive me
Poor guy.

My steam says "42 hours played" for skyrim, but there was a time before the patch that I was playing without steam, so it's probably like 10 hours more than that or so.

Also Steam just said "finished downloading skyrim" so I'm wondering if there's a new patch again but I don't see anything.

Kraivenous

Smash Apprentice
Steam just said "finished downloading skyrim" so I'm wondering if there's a new patch again but I don't see anything.
For some reason you have to go to the "View all news" for Skyrim but it's as follows:
Patch 1.3 Notes:

General stability improvements
Optimize performance for Core 2 Duo CPUs
Fixed Radiant Story incorrectly filling certain roles
Fixed magic resistances not calculating properly
Fixed issue with placing books on bookshelves inside player purchased homes
Fixed dragon animation issues with saving and loading
Fixed Y-look input to scale correctly with framerate

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I'm currently playing the PS3 version, and yep, there are major hard freeze issues and all that jazz. That aside, I've already completed all the quests, so now I'm just going through and doing some of the many side things there is to do, like collecting all the shouts (I need two more), and collecting the Stones of Barenziah, and so on. So far, I love the game, but decided to give it an indefinite break until they iron out the problems, namely the freezing issue; my PS3 went through enough hard freezes with DCUO, and I don't want to risk killing my system with more hard freezes from Skyrim, so meh.

Of all the factions, I gotta say my favorite so far is the Dark Brotherhood, only because it so rewarding to fire an arrow from 30 meters away at your target, kill them, and completely get away with it. I have yet to be caught assassinating someone. :awesome:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
For some reason you have to go to the "View all news" for Skyrim but it's as follows:
Patch 1.3 Notes:

General stability improvements
Optimize performance for Core 2 Duo CPUs
Fixed Radiant Story incorrectly filling certain roles
Fixed magic resistances not calculating properly
Fixed issue with placing books on bookshelves inside player purchased homes
Fixed dragon animation issues with saving and loading
Fixed Y-look input to scale correctly with framerate
OH THANK GOD MAYBE I'LL BE ABLE TO ENJOY THE GAME NOW

I probably complained in here already but when i first started, looking up/down was way too slow, and now looking left/right is way too slow. maybe it will finally be playable ;_;

Also core 2 duo CPU? AMD Athlon X2 Dual-core QL-65 (2 CPUs) ~2.1 GHz is what I have, does that mean my performance will be better??? Why don't I try playing and find out?!

Also general stability improvements, my favorite.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
at least they kept the giant glitch and the frozen enemy on a mountain glitch

they make me smile :)

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
It'll be a sad day when they fix the "Dragon skeleton doin the jiggy" physics.

Speaking of which, had this glitch happen to me awhile ago, except it wasn't invincible afterwards.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
See, if there's some sort of DLC later where there's Necromancers mucking around with dragon bones and stuff, and I have dead dragons bones flying around like that... I'd be super crazy happy. Cause that's awesome.

If this actually happens in game, no one say anything.

Veetaak

Smash Lord
I never use shouts, haha. It feels weird when I see other ppl using it. I just don't find them necessary as I only have a conjuration/destruction char and a archery/sneak/thief char

If I were to make a melee character then I would probably use it alot

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
Uhm, have you played fallout? it's the same experience, but a different time frame. it's basically an open-world rpg where you level what you wanna level, which is a wide variety of things. you accept quests and go to the areas to either kill monsters, talk to an npc, or whatever. it's insanely open on what you want to do in the game, no one will go through the game the same way.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I was just exploring this mountain, trying to get another shout when I'm confronted by a dragon and something called Krosis. It was a pretty tough fight and I got the Krosis mask which is even better than my Dragon Light Helmet, with 20% better archery, alchemy, and pickpocketing! Score!

"Hey, Skeever-butt!"

Also, I had the best glitch ever happen to me while doing a post-save rampage. I blasted someone with the Wabbajack and they turned into a Dremora and then my punches (with the other hand, obv.) had absolutely NO COOLDOWN. My Khajit claws destroyed the whole town so fast.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
So I have dozens of hours of playtime on my two characters. I pretty much finished the DB questline on my assassin character and got kinda bored. Now I'm playing my main one again... I intended to continue that main storyline, but I keep getting sidetracked by whatever I find lol.

I suppose it's time I continue the main story...

Man, before November I barely had anything to play. I had been waiting for Skyrim and Skyward Sword soooo anxiously.
Now, I finally finished Donkey Kong Country Returns (coop with my 12 year old brother.) I also bought Metroid: Other M for $5 from Best Buy, which was awesome, makes me glad I didn't buy it when it came out. That reminded me that I had never finished Metroid Prime 3 because I got bored of it and disliked the Wii controls, so after like a year of not playing that I recently started it again and got farther than I had yet. Sooo I'm gonna beat that before I start Other M.
So yeah, lots of games to play ._.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
some screenshots I guess!

levelin' smithin'

ANTS

I would think this is a graphics error, which reminds me to ask: do you guys ever have problems with lighting in this game? I'm not sure how to explain it... it's like, you're looking down or something, and then you quickly look up and all of a sudden everything goes dark and it's really hard to see, then it fades back in and is bright again. It happens depending on how dark it is and what kind of lighting, and it seems to happen when dragons breathe fire on me or whatever. it goes SUPER dark for a second and it's really annoying...

also, since i'm tired of my screenshots being tiny and terrible, i decided to boot up skyrim in ULTRA with MAXIMUM RESOLUTION. It took literally 5 minutes to load from the title screen to ingame. Once I was ingame, it ran about less than 1 frame per second, so I just took a screenshot of where I happened to be.

edit: next time, i'll find a cooler-looking area to save in, and THEN i'll load in and take a screenshot that takes 6+ minutes to take.

Veetaak

Smash Lord
I just fixed an almost perfect armor set for my Archer.

Forged Dragonscale set. Leveled up enchanting to make it better, enchanted ring, necklace and gloves with better Weapon and Armor improvement. Used potion for 40% better Weapon and Armor improvement and went to the workbench. I then went to enchant it, I drank a potion for 25% better enchanting then I enchanted my ring, necklace, helmet and gloves with extra bow damage. Chest got 25 extra light armor (Probably not the best, but it was the best of what I could choose at the time) and Boots got extra stamina. I know have 375 armor, 120% extra bow damage and I'm basically ****** stuff. (I'm lvl 49)

Skyrim is so awesome :D

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
So I just bought this game today for PC and WOW do I regret it... I've had multiple lag issues all over the place: audio lag, mouse lag, visual lag, etc.

My computer is more than capable of running games like this and I've tried many, many methods to decrease the lag such as playing on the lowest res settings possible. I even went as far as downloading a decreased texture pack mod to help the game run smoother. The texture pack did help a lot for a bit, but about half an hour later during a fighting sequence the same issues as before came up.

I'm done with the PC version. I'm heading back to Gamestop and returning the game for the 360 version instead.

/rant

Top Bottom