• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Kraivenous

Smash Apprentice
So I just bought this game today for PC and WOW do I regret it... I've had multiple lag issues all over the place: audio lag, mouse lag, visual lag, etc.

My computer is more than capable of running games like this and I've tried many, many methods to decrease the lag such as playing on the lowest res settings possible. I even went as far as downloading a decreased texture pack mod to help the game run smoother. The texture pack did help a lot for a bit, but about half an hour later during a fighting sequence the same issues as before came up.

I'm done with the PC version. I'm heading back to Gamestop and returning the game for the 360 version instead.

/rant
http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/intro.aspx

will tell you if it's your comp.
It prolly is, I had the same problems with my old laptop (Skyrim came out too early XD)

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Welp, turns out my computer can't handle the game after all. Thanks for the link!

Hopefully I can get my money back tomorrow because I really want to play this game...

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Asdioh, I don't think you're talking about a lighting glitch. When you look at something dark/bright and then look at something bright/dark, your eyes have to adjust. I'm sure that was intentionally put in the game.

Why can't I marry Lydia or Saadia? :(

Kraivenous

Smash Apprentice
Asdioh, I don't think you're talking about a lighting glitch. When you look at something dark/bright and then look at something bright/dark, your eyes have to adjust. I'm sure that was intentionally put in the game.

Why can't I marry Lydia or Saadia? :(
If you're playing MY game, it's because you did the right thing with Saadia, and you killed Lydia because the dumb ***** wouldn't get out the doorway of her room in Breezehome and you were stuck. And she couldn't make a decent sammich.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
...that's what I thought it might be, but some of the instances where it happens are just ridiculous and exaggerated to incredibly annoying extremes.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I love Skyrim, man... I found the easter egg Minecraft Pickaxe. But then lightning struck, and power died. I almost punched the TV. Too bad my controller wasn't that lucky Lol

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
There are pretty much no rules to this game. You can play almost however you want!

I'm only level 21 and have about 25 hours logged in but my biggest piece of advice would be to simply explore, explore, and explore! You'd be extremely surprised at what you can find/learn as a result.

Also make sure you dedicate a good amount of "level up points" to at least one specific combat oriented skill such as One Handed, Destruction, or Ranged to make combat much easier.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Once I get lockpicking to 100 all non combat skills are 100 except light/heavy armor, and alchemy ~.~

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Well.. 90. But I've let it on asleep way too much. My 100s are:

Sneak, Pickpocket, Enchant, Smithing, and Speech. Lv50 atm... Kinda using glitchy methods to level the boring skills. I'm probably going to use them to get Heavy Armor/2hand/block up. I've already got Onehand/light armor like 80ish, and leveling Archery will be cake.

Then theres the magics...dunno how I'm going about that.

Funny part? I'm still on Arc II of the story and i'm lv51

Kraivenous

Smash Apprentice
Well.. 90. But I've let it on asleep way too much. My 100s are:

Sneak, Pickpocket, Enchant, Smithing, and Speech. Lv50 atm... Kinda using glitchy methods to level the boring skills. I'm probably going to use them to get Heavy Armor/2hand/block up. I've already got Onehand/light armor like 80ish, and leveling Archery will be cake.

Then theres the magics...dunno how I'm going about that.

Funny part? I'm still on Arc II of the story and i'm lv51
yeah dude the only glitch lvlers for those are before you leave the Helgan (the beginning of the game)

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
LOL Shadowmere.

Always there when you need to level up something.

This game is amazing BTW, only started playing it properly on Christmas day.

High Elf with craploads of magicka FTW.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Where would I find a good feather spell?
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

If you're looking for extra carry weight, there are enchantments that buff that. Just gotta find one and disenchant. Luck of the draw there.

For potions, here's a list of ingredients you can use to make them:

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Fortify_Carry_Weight

or below if you just wanna read (tagged for those who don't wanna know).
Creep Cluster (3)
Giant's Toe (3)
Hawk Beak (3)
River Betty (4)
Scaly Pholiota (4)
Wisp Wrappings (3)

If you're looking for 'float', the closest you'll get is http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Become_Ethereal

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Almost done with Thieve's Guild, god it got so much better at the end. Then I can finally get my horse.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
If you guys didn't know, there's a Pickpocket perk that adds 100 to your carry weight. It's ridiculously useful.
Pickpocket was the first skill I maxed o_O just quicksave a lot and it's too easy to level :3

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
If you guys didn't know, there's a Pickpocket perk that adds 100 to your carry weight. It's ridiculously useful.
Pickpocket was the first skill I maxed o_O just quicksave a lot and it's too easy to level :3
One of the most useful perks in the game for sure. Everyone should work to get it.

Unrelated note playing as a purely offensive mage without any defenses at all is pretty rough in this game. I'm a hybrid Mage (weapon in one hand, restoration/destruction spell in the other) that specializes in one handed combat, destruction, and restoration. Since I rely on magic so heavily, all of my armor consists of magic robes for magicka restoration. I always get torn up whenever I fight melee-oriented enemies. :(

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Everything? I only got out of the dungeon at the beginning of the game and never touched it again. :X

Kraivenous

Smash Apprentice
Everything? I only got out of the dungeon at the beginning of the game and never touched it again. :X
I did the same thing with Morrowind, I got of the ship ran around for three hours trying to find the first quest, got lost, gave up, uninstalled.
Then, got Skyrim. I've got 60 hours on it and will have more from a 2nd playthough

If you have a friend that has it, you should see if they'll let you play it. It's definitely worth a try!

Side note: Just finished the main story (I think lol) it was SOO good, gonna do a bit more later and start a new char with assassin build!

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I did the same thing with Morrowind, I got of the ship ran around for three hours trying to find the first quest, got lost, gave up, uninstalled.
Then, got Skyrim. I've got 60 hours on it and will have more from a 2nd playthough

If you have a friend that has it, you should see if they'll let you play it. It's definitely worth a try!

Side note: Just finished the main story (I think lol) it was SOO good, gonna do a bit more later and start a new char with assassin build!
Nice, I'm about to start working on that XD. I finished the main part of the Thieve's Guild, man that took a weird turn!

I still have to do the side quests/controlling the city for Thieves guild, but i'll worry about that later.

I'm thinking I'll work on Dark Brotherhood/Main Story, and come back to it.

By the way, once your 50 it takes FOREVER to level. :[

Pi

Smash Hero
play masters
play sneak
save yourself time and effort lol

no but seriously if you get bored when games become easy, don't go sneak
i went sneak on my first srs characters, it just becomes silly, rolling around undetected and doing 30x damage
then when you hit 100 sneak shadow warrior allows you to, even after you get detected, to pull of 30x sneak attacks during combat cause it stops combat :|

i couldn't kill dragons for **** though, i was pretty much pure sneak, no enchantments, just dark brotherhood and theifs guild gear

that caused the game to become boring rather quickly, only level 23 or so in

but i ended up making a destro mage now, still playing on masters (play on masters btw, more bang for your buck), but got to a point in the mage guild questline where i get 1hko by this guy i'm spose to kill (i'm pretty sure i'm spose to kill), even with my companion i can't even dent him either...and not exactly a great place to kite/hide around

also his attack is something that realistically i don't feel you can dodge...

i refuse to lower the setting, i'd love to go out of the dungeon and go train some more and come back, but it's like a 5min+ walk to and from :| with no quick exit i've found yet

if there is some trick to kill this guy, assuming you know who i'm talking about, please lmk, pm me or something put in spoilers tags, idk about spoilers right now i just want to kill this guy then go train my destro some more lol, or work on enchanting some OP gear or SOMETHING man this is ridiculous, would take me at least 15 mins to kill this guy

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
What's crazy is getting really good gems, double enchanting legendary armor. Man you wanna talk about powerful.

Top Bottom