• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Yeah, the cap is definitely 81, which is when all skills are at 100. And you can't abuse the prison to go over the cap like you could in Oblivion. Doing jail time doesn't decrease your levels in Skyrim, it decreases the progress towards your next level in X skill(s).

My second file was an alchemist/smith/enchanter, and used a loop of potions of fortify enchant/smithing, and armor with fortify alchemy/smithing, just to see how strong of armor/potions I could make through the ladder. Good times.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I ment that I had them unlocked but I couldnt use them I just realized I had to hit RB lol. I thought it equipped to my hand like a spell. Im using magic now!
Oh. Derp. My bad.

I used to play Melee--ah **** it. Everyone and their dog has made the joke before me.
I used to like that joke...

Then it needed to die in a fire.

I can see everything being 100 by the time I hit 81.

Does anyone know if you unlock more master spell quests other than Illusion in the College of Winterhold?
I honestly don't know. :confused: I'll look into that for you.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I haven't done much with magic, went the stealth route honestly. It's a bit too late XD. 180mp/600hp/300stamina

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
You have to unlock the shouts with Dragon Souls.

It took me a while too.
Figuring stuff out in this game is annoying because the menu is the most unintuitive piece of ****. They should have taken lessons from Morrowind's user interface for gosh' sake, and that game's nearly a decade old.

Seriously, I could go on for days complaining about how little sense the UI makes.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I wish they had kept the Oblivion wheel hotkey thing.

You always end up with a billion favorites and taking ages to scroll through them all to get the one you want.

I think I have 720 magicka, 170 health and 200 stamina.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I'm sure you know by now that you can hotkey favorites from 1-8 by pressing a number while in the favorites menu (Q) right?

-press Q
-hover over desired item/spell
-press a number 1-8

now you can take it out by pressing that number anytime :D

Very useful, but the fact that you can't see what armor you have equipped and you have to scroll down a bajillion things in your regular inventory is still crap

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Nice. I did a lot of stamina till I started running faster then a horse, so I out the rest in hp XD. Does magic even keep up with weapon damage? My swords have 200 atk, Andy my dagger is 93.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Nice. I did a lot of stamina till I started running faster then a horse, so I out the rest in hp XD. Does magic even keep up with weapon damage? My swords have 200 atk, Andy my dagger is 93.
Good jorb! :D

(My name is Andy)

And the level cap is 81. ;)

I agree about Skyrim being VERY unintuitive. I think I'm spoiled by other games holding my hand nowadays in that it tells you how to do things in regards to playing the game, yet Skyrim didn't really do a good job of that. I completely forgot about the instruction booklet until a few days ago. @__@

I sorta wish I was playing on PC.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
haha. Skyrim certainly doesn't hold your hand when it comes to learning how to use their crappy menu, but it holds your hands (if you want) by telling you exactly where to go for every quest.

That's one of the cool (and sometimes frustrating) things about Morrowind, no quest markers. You have to actually read the quests to figure out where you're going and what you're doing.

D

Deleted member

I agree about Skyrim being VERY unintuitive. I think I'm spoiled by other games holding my hand nowadays in that it tells you how to do things in regards to playing the game, yet Skyrim didn't really do a good job of that. I completely forgot about the instruction booklet until a few days ago. @__@
Holding hands my ***. games from the nineties have more intuitive menus, hell, dwarf fortress has more inutitive menus once you learn some buttons.

there is a big difference between holding hands and well designed menus. The fact that the skyrim menus are slow (delays everywhere), the "misc" category is used far way too much things, and the double equipping of spells is a mess doesn't help either. (that's not even about the actual interface)

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Holding hands my ***. games from the nineties have more intuitive menus, hell, dwarf fortress has more inutitive menus once you learn some buttons.

there is a big difference between holding hands and well designed menus. The fact that the skyrim menus are slow (delays everywhere), the "misc" category is used far way too much things, and the double equipping of spells is a mess doesn't help either. (that's not even about the actual interface)
Yes. Whoever was in charge of the menus should be fired.

Whoever was in charge of _____ should get a raise, what do you guys think?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Almost finally done with Achievements...kinda got sidetracked on other things honestly. @lv62 and I can 1hko everything on master but ancient dragons haha

D

Deleted member

50 hours in. I'm a level 30 Dunmer. I'm the Archmage of the College of Winterhold. I'm the Guild Master of the newly revitalized Thieves Guild. I've slaughtered the Dark Brotherhood. I'm the Thane of Whiterun, Solitude, and Markarth. I'm a Stormcloak. I'm a member of the Companions. I have a lovely wife and a home in Whiterun.

And most importantly, I'm a member of the Bard's College.

I'm loving this game.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I'm almost done with Achievements. I'll keep playing of course, to finish shouts, locations, quests etc, but yeah. What I gotta do:

-Load up an old save to get the hero achievement
-Dedaric stuff
-Read skill books
-Make thieve's guild famous again.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I'm sure you know by now that you can hotkey favorites from 1-8 by pressing a number while in the favorites menu (Q) right?

-press Q
-hover over desired item/spell
-press a number 1-8

now you can take it out by pressing that number anytime :D

Very useful, but the fact that you can't see what armor you have equipped and you have to scroll down a bajillion things in your regular inventory is still crap
That's cool, except I play on 360 :urg:

You can set up 2 hotkeys on the left and right d-pad respectively.

Also a good strat to kill Red Eagle.

Sneak with 2 swords, then hit him in the back with a power attack.

Watch him die.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
That's cool, except I play on 360 :urg:

You can set up 2 hotkeys on the left and right d-pad respectively.

Also a good strat to kill Red Eagle.

Sneak with 2 swords, then hit him in the back with a power attack.

Watch him die.
Haven't done this quest yet.

Should probably do that once I start playing again. On a big Batman kick right now.

Stinkin' Riddler and his stinkin' trophies.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Finished getting Steam Achivements, so probably taking a monthish off from this game.

Ended being lv61, Wayyyyy overforged armor, master version was easy to me, and 75% of the walls read. :D

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
51 hours played (except it's longer because I played roughly 10 hours without loading steam, before they patched that)
Last Played: 12/22/2011

:O

I'm definitely going to get back into it, but lately I'm satisfied playing other games and reading books and... stuff.
Have there been any patches lately? Bug fixes or anything like that?

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
So, I just realized that one of the Daedric quests requires me to not have started the civil war story on the side of the Stormcloaks and now I can't even start it. That's completely lame. I guess I'll have to start another story. Oh well. I was planning on doing that anyways. This game is just so vast. I love it. I really can't complain. Played 100 hours already and I still want to do so much more.

Kraivenous

Smash Apprentice
So, I just realized that one of the Daedric quests requires me to not have started the civil war story on the side of the Stormcloaks and now I can't even start it. That's completely lame. I guess I'll have to start another story. Oh well. I was planning on doing that anyways. This game is just so vast. I love it. I really can't complain. Played 100 hours already and I still want to do so much more.
Which one is that?

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Which one is that?
That would be the one for the Ebony Blade. It requires you to do the quest "The Whispering Door" which only starts if you go to the Bannered Mare in Whiterun and talk about gossip and whatever at which point you have to get the quest from the Jarl. Didn't realize that until I'm about halfway through the Stormcloaks civil war line. I think if you side with the Imperials it fixes itself, you just have to wait until after the thing centered around Whiterun.

Kraivenous

Smash Apprentice
That would be the one for the Ebony Blade. It requires you to do the quest "The Whispering Door" which only starts if you go to the Bannered Mare in Whiterun and talk about gossip and whatever at which point you have to get the quest from the Jarl. Didn't realize that until I'm about halfway through the Stormcloaks civil war line. I think if you side with the Imperials it fixes itself, you just have to wait until after the thing centered around Whiterun.
ooooh, yeah I did that one, I didn't even start the civil war questline until I was supposed to be setting up the peace treaty XD
negated that part of the main questline lol

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
ooooh, yeah I did that one, I didn't even start the civil war questline until I was supposed to be setting up the peace treaty XD
negated that part of the main questline lol
Yeah, I just recently beat the main questline (at level, like, 40) and I decided to do some random quests. It took me 100 hours to take a side. I regret nothing.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
No, you can still start it once you finish the Civil War quest for the Stormcloaks, that's what I did.

After the Stormcloaks win all of the Jarls are just chilling in the bottom of the Blue Palace and you can talk to Balgruuf and he tells you about his kid and then the quest starts.

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
I think you can only miss 1 Daedric artifact in the game, or else you won't be able to get that one trophy , because there is supposedly only 16 artifacts in game or something to that extent.

I haven't played the game in nearly two months, but I haven't even started the main quest and I have a few maxed stats and am almost level 50.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
No, you can still start it once you finish the Civil War quest for the Stormcloaks, that's what I did.

After the Stormcloaks win all of the Jarls are just chilling in the bottom of the Blue Palace and you can talk to Balgruuf and he tells you about his kid and then the quest starts.
Really? Because I heard that that didn't work. I hadn't been able to test it out for myself but I'll go try that. Thanks.

And, the reason there are 16 artifacts and you only need 1 for the achievement is because the skeleton key (for the thieves guild) doesn't count. There are at least 6, according to the wiki, that can accidentally passed. The Masque of Clavicus Vile, Mehrunes' Razor, Skull of Corruption, Ring of Namira, Volendrung, and Mace of Molag Bal. All of those quests give you choices of what to do, I guess.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I had to use console commands for Daedric Trophy because if you read the Daedric book you screw yourself out of the trophy...

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Do you really? I thought you just had to have them at least once.

Edit: Yeah, one of my friends just told me that reading it does not break the achievement. It still counts towards the 15.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Really? Because I heard that that didn't work. I hadn't been able to test it out for myself but I'll go try that. Thanks.

And, the reason there are 16 artifacts and you only need 1 for the achievement is because the skeleton key (for the thieves guild) doesn't count. There are at least 6, according to the wiki, that can accidentally passed. The Masque of Clavicus Vile, Mehrunes' Razor, Skull of Corruption, Ring of Namira, Volendrung, and Mace of Molag Bal. All of those quests give you choices of what to do, I guess.
I'm pretty sure it does, at least it started the quest for me. I haven't finished it so I can't speak to that, but I was definitely able to start it up.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
It messed me up on Steam D: Maybe pc version has a glitch?
Hm... well, it might be. There are so many glitches in this game that it's hard to keep track.

I'm pretty sure it does, at least it started the quest for me. I haven't finished it so I can't speak to that, but I was definitely able to start it up.
Yeah, I actually finished that quest today. It's one of the easier ones. You don't really have to go anywhere outside of Dragonsreach.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Regardless, Azure Star trick got me the trophy. I can explain it if anyone needs, just pm me. You must be on pc, though.

Nice AC quote btw ^

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
Sorry, I meant that there is an achievement called Oblivion Walker, and you must collect 15 Daedric artifacts in ONE playthrough in order to acquire the trophy, and there are only 16 Daedric artifacts in the game- so missing more than one means not being able to get the Oblivion Walker achievement on that playthrough.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, I meant that there is an achievement called Oblivion Walker, and you must collect 15 Daedric artifacts in ONE playthrough in order to acquire the trophy, and there are only 16 Daedric artifacts in the game- so missing more than one means not being able to get the Oblivion Walker achievement on that playthrough.
Missing any causes you to miss the achievement. One daedric artifact, the Skeleton Key, doesn't count towards the achievement since you can't necessarily keep it unless you don't finish the Thieves Guild, although it is still considered a daedric artifact.

Top Bottom