• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I killed Aela cause she ignored me.

Come at me bro. I'm only lv63 but I'll mess you up D:

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
DON'T TALK ABOUT MY WIFE LIKE THAT!!!!

:mad: :mad:

Pistols. At dawn.
Challenge accepted, vile knave!

All right, great, sounds good! Cool story schmuck. :glare:

:awesome: I love this forum.

I know everyone has their favorites and not favorites. Outside of Lydia (and Aela) who does everyone like to have as a companion?
I don't use companions. I have my left hand and my right hand, and that's all I need!

Lol @ Jim Carrey.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Lol @ Jim Carrey.
:awesome:

I've been using companions more now that I'm getting close to level 50, and that I haven't put a lot of effort into my damage dealing skills. I've made the mistake of leveling Smithing first, Speech, and I'm close to 100 enchanting.

Heavy Armor and 1H Sword (weapon) are in their upper 70s, but the grind after 50 is gonna kill me. Granted, I can summon two Dremora, but I like having back up. Lydia is locked at the level I met her. :urg: No fix just yet for that. Destruction is also around 70 I think.

My next character, I won't make this mistake.

D

Deleted member

So I just got back from performing the Oghma Infinitium exploit.

Yeesh, I leveled up way too much. I'm never doing that again.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Any type of exploit int his game ruins the experience for me; whether its finding out how to level up skills extremely fast, make easy money, or how to quickly get the best armor.

So far I've had a lot more fun finding MOST things out on my own (need to look up some stuff every now and then). My character is extremely flawed as a result but the experience has been incredible and much more organic.

D

Deleted member

Preach it, buddy. I just lost the thrill of leveling up seven times.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I had quite possibly the most epic fight with a dragon last night.

I'm up at Skyborn(?) Altar. Pretty sure it's Skyborn. It's near Labyrinthian or something.

Anyway, there sat my first Elder Dragon. Lydia, being some weird glitchy coward, is nowhere to be found.

Myself, being the great King of Evil looked upon this dragon and simply said:

"LET'S GO."

The dragon's breath of choice was frost. Even with my resistance (I went Nord), this fearsome beast was still able to hurt me quite a bit. I started my attacks with Fireballs, but they did little damage. I downed some Majicka potions, and thought out the next phase of my attack. As the dragon circled back for another strafing run, I hit him with a blast of chain lightning. That seemed to do the trick. A few more strikes, and the beast made one more sad circle in the sky, only to come crashing down on the cliff face in front of me. There was still some fight left in him though...

Now was the perfect time to try out my newest shout, "Storm Call". I bellowed to the skies. They darkened quickly, and more lightning struck the mountainside. I drew my twin scimitars, I cut into the scaled monstrosity with flurry of cuts. The thunder roared as I made my final strike, both of us at our wits end. But I, The Great King of Evil Ganondorf, prevailed, and took that wretched beast's very soul.

Also, I finished Frost Breath.

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
Yeah, Ancient Dragons' breath can do some damage.

And Storm Call is one of the most badass shouts in the game.

Got 100 Alteration today! I have not and will not do the Oghma Infinium glitch (I haven't even gotten the book), it would definitely ruin the game for me.

Seeing as how I mainly play on weekends, my character should be maxed out in about a month :awesome:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Thinking of picking this game up for my old PC or PS3 once the glitches get taken care of. I was able to run FO: New Vegas on medium settings perfectly fine. So assuming I can run this on my PC with minimum settings, is that equivalent to PS3's graphics?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
if you think your computer can barely handle it, i wouldn't recommend it. i'm forced to run on lowest resolution, with mostly low settings, in order to run at an acceptable framerate. it's part of the reason i haven't touched the game in a month, it's too frustrating running slow speeds with slow load times.

Kraivenous

Smash Apprentice
Thinking of picking this game up for my old PC or PS3 once the glitches get taken care of. I was able to run FO: New Vegas on medium settings perfectly fine. So assuming I can run this on my PC with minimum settings, is that equivalent to PS3's graphics?
Look up system requirements lab and search Skyrim. It'll tell you of you can run low settings.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Have you guys been using console commands in your gameplay? Unfortunately, I've done a few. I gave Lydia immortality (she only gets knocked down for a few moments before starting to regen health) because I couldn't bare to lose her, I'd tcl (turn on/off collision) to get over some mountains when I couldn't be bothered to walk all the way around, and I teleported once when I realized that I had no chance to beat the dragon priest and get to Sovngarde wearing Thieve's Guild armor and using Flames.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I just played the game for the first time in a month :O
Checked my quests, I was gonna do the next part of the main quest, but instead I noticed my misc quest "get the word of power from Shearpoint"
So I did that, fought a Blood Dragon and finally that Krosis guy I've heard so much about. He was annoying.

Still wish I had a better computer to run this though, fighting is so hard on mine >_<

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Got my enchanting to 100 finally.

Working on getting my last perk for 100% increase or what not to buffs (that first perk). But I currently have 22% Destruction/Conjuration reduction on a a few rings/necklaces and my helmet/armor. Making even Expert/Master level stuff cost nearly NOTHING. <3

Destruction more so (since Conjuration, I only need to equip the rings shortly to summon my thralls (PERMA summons, yo)), but it's AWESOME using Thunderbolt for only 9 mana a pop, and still able to dual cast for next to nothing.

Also, this is my party so far...

So The Great King of Evil, a sarcastic Housecarl, a Zombie Necromancer, and a stray dog walk into a dungeon...

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
Got my enchanting to 100 finally.

Working on getting my last perk for 100% increase or what not to buffs (that first perk). But I currently have 22% Destruction/Conjuration reduction on a a few rings/necklaces and my helmet/armor. Making even Expert/Master level stuff cost nearly NOTHING. <3

Destruction more so (since Conjuration, I only need to equip the rings shortly to summon my thralls (PERMA summons, yo)), but it's AWESOME using Thunderbolt for only 9 mana a pop, and still able to dual cast for next to nothing.

Also, this is my party so far...

So The Great King of Evil, a sarcastic Housecarl, a Zombie Necromancer, and a stray dog walk into a dungeon...
Nice lmao! Nice party brah. Gotta love casting spells for next to nothing, so helpful!

Right now I have 100 Destruction, Restoration, Enchanting, Illusion, Alteration, Smithing, and One-Handed. I'm nearing 100 Heavy Armor, but I'm not quite there. I'm going to work on 100 Alchemy- which combined with 100 Smithing and Enchanting can make the best armour possible. This is after I finish all the Daedric quests for the Oblivion Walker achievement of course.

Blah blah blah more Skyrim posts coming, don't feel like typing a book at the moment haha.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I'm doing an unarmed only class right now.

Khajit

Training:
Heavy Armor
Enchanment
Restoration

Khajits get a bonus for their claws, I can use a perk in Heavy armor to add the defense of my gauntlets to my power, i can add "increase unarmed damage" to my armor via enchanment, restoration is a must for obvious reasons, etc...

It's gonna be a pain scratching Alduin to death though. I'm taking down normal dragons so far and I don't even have any Heavy Armor perks sans Juggernaut and I don't have any enchanted armor either.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629

Khajit

Training:
Heavy Armor
Enchanment
Restoration

Khajits get a bonus for their claws, I can use a perk in Heavy armor to add the defense of my gauntlets to my power, i can add "increase unarmed damage" to my armor via enchanment, restoration is a must for obvious reasons, etc...

It's gonna be a pain scratching Alduin to death though. I'm taking down normal dragons so far and I don't even have any Heavy Armor perks sans Juggernaut and I don't have any enchanted armor either.
I loved punching things to death with Ganondorf for a while.

But you will quickly learn that as you level up, you will get quickly outleveled/outclassed/outdamaged by a lot.

Early on, unarmed is great. But once you start getting to the 30/40 range, you're in for a world of hurt.

I STRONGLY recommend smithing too, obviously. You'll need it for better Heavy Armor, and to get your armor bonuses up. Fortify Unarmed (the enchantment) can also only go on your gloves and rings. My recommendation would be to dual enchant those with Fortify Unarmed and Fortify Heavy Armor. That way, your gloves will get a BUNCH of armor, and you can translate that into damage. You can also put Fortify Heavy Armor on Amulets and Armor (chest).

Happy Punching!

DSTP

Smash Journeyman
I loved punching things to death with Ganondorf for a while.

But you will quickly learn that as you level up, you will get quickly outleveled/outclassed/outdamaged by a lot.

Early on, unarmed is great. But once you start getting to the 30/40 range, you're in for a world of hurt.

I STRONGLY recommend smithing too, obviously. You'll need it for better Heavy Armor, and to get your armor bonuses up. Fortify Unarmed (the enchantment) can also only go on your gloves and rings. My recommendation would be to dual enchant those with Fortify Unarmed and Fortify Heavy Armor. That way, your gloves will get a BUNCH of armor, and you can translate that into damage. You can also put Fortify Heavy Armor on Amulets and Armor (chest).

Happy Punching!
I'm not at all surprised to see you here. I finally caved and popped in.

Khajit

Training:
Heavy Armor
Enchanment
Restoration

Since punching does minimum damage, get an ally and punch him from time to time. He won't mind, and it'll be a bit of an exp boost.

Complete topic shift: I searched the thread and came up with nothing on the Headless Horseman. Any of you encountered him yet?

D

Deleted member

Apparently he's only an Easter Egg. He has no role in any side quests, he can't be killed, etc.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Not long after I got the game on Nov. 11th, I encountered a ghostly horse running on it's own. Shortly after, I saw a ghostly man chasing him. I was like "what the hell?" and thought it would be some cool quest or something, and ended up following them across half the map. I couldn't talk to the man when I got near him, but he said some stuff, seemingly to my character. Then they went to some graveyard and disappeared. I was confused, then looked it up and realized they don't do anything, and was pissed.

I think the fact that he wasn't ON his horse was a glitch ._.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
By the way, unarmed hitting doesn't net you any exp. I only get exp from getting hit.

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
I'm not at all surprised to see you here. I finally caved and popped in.

Since punching does minimum damage, get an ally and punch him from time to time. He won't mind, and it'll be a bit of an exp boost.

Complete topic shift: I searched the thread and came up with nothing on the Headless Horseman. Any of you encountered him yet?
Nooooooo, and I'm level 67. Where'd you encounter him?

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Creation Kit is supposed to be on Steam? Maybe the Bethesda site. :c I dunno. I'm a console peasant...

Anyway, in the ever ongoing adventures of the Great King of Evil, Ganondorf has maxed out his Enchanting (100 skill, 100% bonus perk, didn't bother with 'flame/ice/shock tree'), and I can now cast Destruction spells for 0 Magicka.

Feels good man. Currently working on getting Destruction to 100, along with Heavy Armor and One Handed (Dual Swords).

DSTP

Smash Journeyman
Creation Kit is supposed to be on Steam? Maybe the Bethesda site. :c I dunno. I'm a console peasant...
I didn't see any form of SDK on the Steam store, but they do have the high res texture pack.

EDIT: There is one. Just kidding.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I just started Skyrim about a week ago, and I'm almost done with the main quest on my mage. He's mostly destro, with some conjuring and resto mixed in. I'm also extremely high in speech, smithing, and enchanting. I think I'm at like 96 enchanting and I'm making a metric ****-ton of money by making iron daggers, enchanting them with banish, and selling them back for 1k+ gold every time. I think I have like 85k gold right now, and I'm sitting on at least 25 more 1k gold daggers, not to mention enough gems/ore to make another 100k worth EASY.

When I finish this character, I want to make an assassin/thief. Any tips?

Also, are there good builds for dual-wielding 1handers with light armor? My first character I started out that way but after I made my mage I never went back to him. Trying to decide if he's worth keeping or if I should just ignore that character when I restart.

Rad

Smash Ace
I'm playing an Orc Warrior with Dual Wield / Heavy Armour / Enchanting / Smithing. I'm level 27 now I think? One-Handed and Heavy Armour are like 70, Smithing is 100, Enchanting 55. I have two Daedric Swords and an enchanted set of Dragon Armour and I'm virtually invincible (weapons still not enchanted). Does the difficulty ramp up, or have I planned ahead too carefully and gamed myself out of any challenge? What other skills could I be levelling, and how should I enchant my Swords when I hit 100 Enchanting?

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I just started Skyrim about a week ago, and I'm almost done with the main quest on my mage. He's mostly destro, with some conjuring and resto mixed in. I'm also extremely high in speech, smithing, and enchanting. I think I'm at like 96 enchanting and I'm making a metric ****-ton of money by making iron daggers, enchanting them with banish, and selling them back for 1k+ gold every time. I think I have like 85k gold right now, and I'm sitting on at least 25 more 1k gold daggers, not to mention enough gems/ore to make another 100k worth EASY.

When I finish this character, I want to make an assassin/thief. Any tips?

Also, are there good builds for dual-wielding 1handers with light armor? My first character I started out that way but after I made my mage I never went back to him. Trying to decide if he's worth keeping or if I should just ignore that character when I restart.
You wanna go Light Armor for your assassin/thief. Much easier to sneak. I've tried sneaking with Ganondorf in his clunky *** Daedric armor, even with a muffle enchant, and it STILL isn't very effective. Granted, I didn't have any points in the sneak perk, but something to consider; Heavy Armor is louder than Light Armor.

My first character I went 1h and Shield. It worked well; Shield Bashing is fun. but if you're looking for dual-wielding, go swords or daggers. Daggers are arguably faster, but the perks in 1 hand can make dual wield fast with swords. Fun times. Archery is a great skill to have. Don't knock it. You'll love it. Get the "zoom" ASAP.

I'm playing an Orc Warrior with Dual Wield / Heavy Armour / Enchanting / Smithing. I'm level 27 now I think? One-Handed and Heavy Armour are like 70, Smithing is 100, Enchanting 55. I have two Daedric Swords and an enchanted set of Dragon Armour and I'm virtually invincible (weapons still not enchanted). Does the difficulty ramp up, or have I planned ahead too carefully and gamed myself out of any challenge? What other skills could I be levelling, and how should I enchant my Swords when I hit 100 Enchanting?

I recently bumped my difficulty up to Expert, and may even go up to Master. But I'm level 53. I have 100 Smithing and Enchanting, and Heavy armor is around 80 ish.

I'll post my enchanted swords later, but I think one sword is Absorb Health+Shock, and the other is Absorb Health+Paralyze.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I finished the main quest on my mage, and set him aside to play a thief. I'm mostly playing 1h dagger with nothing in the offhand, and switching to Bow at times.
Should I go ahead and carry a shield if I'm doing it this way? Blocking with a dagger isn't all that effective anyways. My sneak levels aren't high enough yet that I can just one-shot everything. And in boss-type fights, I'm taking maybe 10 attempts to come up with a LoS trick to be able to arrow them down super low, and I don't want to have to rely on that style of combat. I almost feel like I'm just hoping to glitch the boss out so I can kill it every time.

Top Bottom