• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I wanted to try an assassin/thief type character, and considered my main Argonian warrior/mage dude too honorable for that sort of thing.

So now I have a female Nord that's going to be doing the stealth/bow/dagger thing. You can't sneak up on stuff at first though, and daggers are super weak to fight with, so I'm thinking I should level 1-handed up with swords and stuff for now, and go back to sneaky daggers once my Sneak's a little higher?
Gonna use pickpocket too, maybe I guess.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
So I've played this game for a couple hours now.

So how long until I figure out what the actual story is? Sure Dragons etc etc but I still don't understand this game.

Maybe I should've played the other Elder Scrolls games.

:phone:

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
28 Hours in. Lv22, Blacksmithing is 82. I'm a Khajit(sp) Assassin. Finishing Lycan crap so i can go Vamp again.

This game>Breathing.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
So I've played this game for a couple hours now.

So how long until I figure out what the actual story is? Sure Dragons etc etc but I still don't understand this game.

Maybe I should've played the other Elder Scrolls games.

:phone:
teehee, playing an ES game for the story.

you're Dragonborn, you get to take down the dragons and the big boss dragon, blah blah

meanwhile there's a ton of other crap to do

28 Hours in. Lv22, Blacksmithing is 82. I'm a Khajit(sp) Assassin. Finishing Lycan crap so i can go Vamp again.

This game>Breathing.
so on my second character, i got most of my levelups from blacksmithing. buy iron ingots and leather strips, make infinite iron daggers woo

Spire

III
BRoomer
Disenchanting ****ty magic items is a great way to boost your enchanting skill and level up. Mine is 46 I think, and I've only enchanted one item.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Disenchanting ****ty magic items is a great way to boost your enchanting skill and level up. Mine is 46 I think, and I've only enchanted one item.
I may have to try this. My main skills are destruction, archery, lockpicking, and enchanting. I have one-handed and light armor.

D

Deleted member

so yeah, started over since my main character became way too OP. so now I'm playing a sneaky archer/illusionist.

on another note, I wish there was a mod where you could select X perks and buy Y gold worth of gear and then proceed to fight increasingly harder waves of enemies/dragons/etc.
If anyone knows something like that (or a good site for mods in general) I would be very pleased.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
"sweet, thx" with that derpy *** face and that helmet sold me. lmao.

in other news, i successfully became a werewolf! no more bs vampire. and werewolf is actually satisfying. it says your only a werewolf for 120 seconds [per day], but as long as you feed on dead people it increases the timer, so you slaughter people for awhiiile :D if you hold swing, their bodies get launched by your attack it's pretty ****.

http://i.imgur.com/D4Vie.jpg

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
What a buggy ****ing game.

Excluding getting stuck in random mountains and the AI being dumber than level 9 CPU's and stuff.

So yeah, I'm in the final area for the Forbidden Legend quest where you have to fight all 3 of the previous bosses in one room. The battle itself is hardly challenging seeing as you only have to fight them one on one, and you can jump over the gap between the platforms to avoid everything. After killing all 3, Michkael Dryden (spelling?) respawns on the pedestal and doesn't move and cannot be attacked. This has happened to me a total of 3 times. The 4th time I tried the 2nd enemy that has a shout that knocks you down shouted me and I glitched through the wall and fell to the beginning of the dungeon, and could not get back to the fight because the bars close behind you during the fight.

**** this game.

Oh yeah, I'm totally the Archmage.

Vampires suck.

Pi

Smash Hero
i broke down and bought it
been playing exclusively on expert
****'s hard bro...

i went pure destro mage (pretty much)
and am wearing magicka gear, which is all cloth

so i get 1 shot by some things, unless i have a ward up, overall expert = really ****in hard
but adept is hella easy

i guess i have been able to do everything, except for like...kill dragons
i killed one w/ the help of some giants
but on my own, dragons pretty much 1hko me too, without a ward

still insanely fun, probably not going to sleep tonight
though i may make a non-mage class & try master
idk

i wish melee had more depth to them, but alas, magic is magic

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
thats crazy....DLC incoming.

i personally haven't found the game to be buggy really at all. why are you getting stuck in mountains..?

Pi you should definitely invest in conjuration, that way you can have either a dps summon (fire) or a tank summon (ice), so that your not taking all the beating in the robes, they help tons. that's how i've been doing it. the summons look sick as hell anyway.

how do i get a lighthouse game night icon? i wanna be cool too

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I love this game, and from my friends and I, it seems it runs best on PC, then 360, then ps3.

Lv27 Assassin build, just got my Dragon Armor :) I want a mod that makes it look like Deidaric though ><

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
PC by far. especially when you can graphically mod it, my skyrim looks so sexy compared to original install.

i sware i wouldve finished the main storyline ages ago, but everytime i'm walking towards my next destination, i see a cave/door entry and can't help but think maybe it's something crazy in there that i wouldn't expect (like a ritual of people trying to summon a massive evil leader)(sometimes its just a little ****ty cave), which i love.

has anyone done the mad hatter quest line?
just a parody of alice in wonderland, it's actually pretty cool. he ends up giving you a staff that does random things to people like turning them into a crab/rabbit, do fat damage, or even turn them into a daedra, which is nuts. it has no side so it just started killing my opponents.

also whats the most damaging one hander you've found? mine's a 27 dmg mace a daedra gave me. its pretty ****.

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
i broke down and bought it
been playing exclusively on expert
****'s hard bro...

i went pure destro mage (pretty much)
and am wearing magicka gear, which is all cloth

so i get 1 shot by some things, unless i have a ward up, overall expert = really ****in hard
but adept is hella easy

i guess i have been able to do everything, except for like...kill dragons
i killed one w/ the help of some giants
but on my own, dragons pretty much 1hko me too, without a ward

still insanely fun, probably not going to sleep tonight
though i may make a non-mage class & try master
idk

i wish melee had more depth to them, but alas, magic is magic

Yeah, I basically use destruction in my left hand and restoration in my right. I use conjuration when **** pisses me off. This is actually the first Edler Scrolls game I've ever played, and it i the greatest game I've ever played (next to Tales of Symphonia).

I'm wearing the Arch-mage's robes and the hood you get from the same quest...I have no problems killing dragons (I fought two Blood Dragons at the same time)., but a lot of enemies do one hit me, and a lot of enemies are harder than dragons.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
So yeah, I'm in the final area for the Forbidden Legend quest where you have to fight all 3 of the previous bosses in one room. The battle itself is hardly challenging seeing as you only have to fight them one on one, and you can jump over the gap between the platforms to avoid everything. After killing all 3, Michkael Dryden (spelling?) respawns on the pedestal and doesn't move and cannot be attacked. This has happened to me a total of 3 times. The 4th time I tried the 2nd enemy that has a shout that knocks you down shouted me and I glitched through the wall and fell to the beginning of the dungeon, and could not get back to the fight because the bars close behind you during the fight.
I did this quest and didn't have a problem. Spoilers for it in here.
After you beat the third guy, don't they all go back to their places, and then the main guy, Gauldur appears? You're not supposed to fight him, you're just supposed to take the amulet, as it's reforged once you win the third fight.

I'm... not sure what to think of this! It's really cool though. Do you think Bethesda's doing anything with it, or is it there for modders?

Is it sad that this might be the first TES game I actually finish? Yet I own Morrowind and Oblivion?
Idk. It depends on your definition of "finish."

Oblivion's main quest really isn't hard to finish.
Morrowind's main quest can be speedran in like, 5 minutes or something ridiculous if you abuse the right stuff :p
However, doing Morrowind's main quest normally takes a decent amount of time...

I finished both those main quests, but I still have so much more... in fact, I've always been wanting to have a dicussion on factions in TES games. For example, I barely remember if the fighter's guild/mage's guilds in Morrowind did anything significant? What about the Morag Tong?

I did the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood in Oblivion, and they both had awesome storylines. What about the Fighter's/Mage's guilds in those games? Did they have interesting stories? I got bored of them very quickly.

As for Skyrim... I have so much playtime, yet I haven't finished any questlines yet lol.

This is actually the first Edler Scrolls game I've ever played, and it i the greatest game I've ever played (next to Tales of Symphonia).
:bee:

And now I'll post more hilarious Skyrim videos I've found! I might have posted the first one before, but they're all worth watching lol.

http://youtu.be/0OmN2CNISAM
http://youtu.be/yBqKG8HF3zQ
http://youtu.be/93W6mB0ZqCM

You know those wagon/cart things that are notorious for being glitchy and damaging you if you run over them a certain way? I found one in the middle of a path while I was riding my stolen horse, and decided to sprint over it to see if anything happened. It ended up sending me flying straight into the air, like 100 feet or so. Then my horse landed and died. It was hilarious.

Then I reloaded because I wanted to keep my horse, but it was not meant to be. Because I had to fight a dragon again, but this time it sent my horse flying. Dragon is offscreen to the distant right.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
The Thieves' Guild questline is actually pretty awesome. I'm at the start of the last quest in the series. I'm taking a break from it now though. The second to last quest gives you the
Skeleton Key
, but you lose it somewhere in the last quest and never get it back. Sooo I think I'm going to wait until I get a better
lockpicking
level and then finish up the line. Might as well abuse it while I've got it. >:D

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
I did this quest and didn't have a problem. Spoilers for it in here.
After you beat the third guy, don't they all go back to their places, and then the main guy, Gauldur appears? You're not supposed to fight him, you're just supposed to take the amulet, as it's reforged once you win the third fight.
No, the first guy you battle (mikchael or whatever) just appears on the ascended area where they are originally waiting to fight you. You can't harm him as nothing reaches him, and he doesn't move...

I use spells so I'm going to grab a melee weapon from my house and try getting the final blow on each with that, maybe it'll help?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I'm... not sure what to think of this! It's really cool though. Do you think Bethesda's doing anything with it, or is it there for modders?
Either way, we are set. Bethseda DLC would be really nice, but modders will also jump on this the second the tools are available.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Nope. That's the reason why I never got around to making an unarmed fighter, actually. There are equipment items which increase your unarmed damage though. I know there's a guy in The Ratway in Riften who drops gloves which do so.

I'm kind of surprised there's no mod for an unarmed combat skill yet.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Lydia's caption is perfect... That dragon will rue the day it ****ed with your horse. :mad:

I don't think I even bothered with the story in Morrowind.

Oblivion is dead to me thanks to a roommate who, ironically, was a scumbag named Steve. More or less was forced to watch him do nearly everything. <_> Desire to play: GONE.

Luckily, Skyrim is new, and no one can play it or ruin it for me.

NO ONE.:mad:

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
This game's great, I'm glad I'm in town for Thanksgiving so I can play way too much. I'm only level 17, Redguard; light armor, one-handed, smithing, and archery are my main skills. Currently trying to power-level my Smithing, I think I'm at like 49 now.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
This game's great, I'm glad I'm in town for Thanksgiving so I can play way too much. I'm only level 17, Redguard; light armor, one-handed, smithing, and archery are my main skills. Currently trying to power-level my Smithing, I think I'm at like 49 now.
Help in spoiler. But if you wanna do it on your own, don't look. :)

I'll probably play a dashing, rogue, Redguard at some point. Lando/Billy D. Awwwwwwwwwww yeaaaaaaaaaah, baby. Smoooooooooth.

Iron Daggers, baby. Iron daggers.

Just finished the Brotherhood and Stormcloak quest lines. Such a damn good game.
I just started the Thieves guild. Dark Brotherhood is my next stop. I hope to get the house in Riften. I'm tired of lugging around all this... STUFF.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I still don't know how to join the DB after getting that sweet note with the picture of the hand. Do I visit the museum that I got a pamphlet for afterward? Or is that completely unrelated?

Why is it ironic someone's name was Steve?

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I really liked the Stormcloak questline, the missions were really really fun and I like Ulfric.

Haha ODIN I do that and make lots of leather bracers and I've been going up a lot, I just want to get up to like 60 so that's what I'm going to work on today I think.

Asdioh, once you get the note you have to
go to sleep in an inn and then you get kidnapped by a DB person and you have to pass a test and then you're in

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I still don't know how to join the DB after getting that sweet note with the picture of the hand. Do I visit the museum that I got a pamphlet for afterward? Or is that completely unrelated?

Why is it ironic someone's name was Steve?
The internet Meme is known as Scumbag Steve.

@ Solid: I just hit 70 in my smithing last night. Working on my enchanting and alchemy too. That's more painful than smithing. @__@

And Sneak for some reason.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
The internet Meme is known as Scumbag Steve.

@ Solid: I just hit 70 in my smithing last night. Working on my enchanting and alchemy too. That's more painful than smithing. @__@

And Sneak for some reason.
Alchemy takes so much to level up >_<. I made 15-20 potions today and went up barely a level. Smithing is up to like 61, going for 70 soon which shouldn't be too bad. Got my Malachite ready for some glass armor. And some ebony too, found an ebony sword on a dead guy and I want to improve it.

oh ok solid.

who
sleeps in inns
these days anyway?
iunno man i just did it on a whim i was feelin it then BAM

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I saw a tweet on GameInformer and I had to share these with you:

GameInformer said:
How To Get A Pet Dog In Skyrim

A wife or husband is all well and good, but sometimes you just want the unwavering affection of a canine companion. Skyrim includes a number of wild wolves and foxes, but you have to know just where to look if you want to find one of the hardy and loyal domesticated dogs of the region. We’ll show you the different places you can find a dog, and how to make him into a permanent pet in whatever place you call home.

Apologies in advance for the camera-captured screenshots.

If you plan to keep your dog for the rest of the game, start out by purchasing a house. The easiest and earliest option for most players will be Breezehome in Whiterun. You’ll need to have completed the early part of the main story quest that occurs in Whiterun before the house becomes available, after which you can purchase the abode from Proventus Avenicci, the Jarl’s steward. The house costs 5,000 gold, and you’ll be looking at several hundred more gold to decorate the interior.

Alternately, acquire any other home in the game.

Next, it’s time to pick out your dog. There are three options, but only two of them are regularly available.

The first (and our favorite) option is Meeko. Meeko the dog lives at a place called Meeko’s Shack. You can find the little cabin west of Morthall and south of Solitude, as marked on the map above. Inside the cabin you’ll find a dead Nord, who looks to have died peacefully in his sleep. Unfortunately, he’s left behind a loyal dog named Meeko who now has no master. Meeko will regularly sit and wait by his former master’s bedside, but occasionally will run around in the nearby forest. If he isn’t present when you arrive, just use the wait system for an hour or two, and he should show back up. Talk to Meeko, and he’ll happily accept you as his new human friend.

If the story of Meeko is just too heartrending for you to handle, you should head over to Markarth Stables, marked on the map below. There you’ll find a man named Banning willing to sell you a war dog named Vigilance for 500 gold.

Your third option is less of a sure thing, and you’ll just have to wait for it to happen. Various events in the world will include a character named Stray Dog. In one instance, we ran across a Stray Dog fighting a pair of wolves. If you help out and the dog survives, you can talk to the dog to make him a follower. In another instance, a Stray Dog joined in to help with a dragon attack, and we had him join us after the dragon was dead.

No matter how you get your dog, you now have a choice. You can keep your dog like any other follower in the game, and he will fight at your side until he either dies or you tell him to leave.

Instead, if you’d like to keep your dog as a permanent pet, travel (or fast travel) with your new canine back to your owned house. Enter the house, pick a comfortable spot for your dog to hang out, and ask him to wait there.

Your dog will stay in your house and wait for you for a time, but you’ll eventually get a message that your dog has gone home. However, because you’ve given him a nice warm place to stay (and because we don’t think he can open doors) he’ll consider your house his new home. From then on, when you return to the house, your dog will be waiting for you when you arrive. We tested this option of acquiring your dog as a permanent pet multiple times, and in every instance, the dog would remain in the house no matter how long you were away from home.

Don’t worry. We’re confident that your housecarl feeds him on a regular basis.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Having your dog wait for you at home can regularly result in a bug where you can’t interact with the dog anymore. He’ll remain in the same area of your house where you last told him to wait. This shouldn’t be a problem, but you should make sure and have him wait in a place where he won’t be in your way when you’re passing through.
There's also a way to get married in skyrim:
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2011/11/11/how-to-get-married-in-skyrim.aspx

Top Bottom