• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edge hitting moves?

Tidal

Smash Apprentice
I've been testing out a few characters to see which I like best. Sometimes the CPU ends up hanging on the edge. I always try to do something, but usually they simply crawl back on and I can't stop them. Are there any attacks that can hit the guy hanging on the edge without you having to get off the stage yourself? I know about Pikachu's B and Olimar's yellow Fsmash but I was wondering if there were melee abilities as well, maybe some kind of downward kick?

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
There are quite a few. I know that Peach's DSmash does, and Bowser and Charizards's Flame Breath, and probably some other DTilts and DSmashes. There are probably more, but those are the ones I can think of right now.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
DK Fmash is good at this, because if they roll, stand, or attack from the ledge, you can hit them. If they ledgehop, they can shield it, but not much else

Patches

Smash Master
Being a GaW main I know for a fact that his dtilt hits them, his dash attack ( given it hits at the right moment ) spikes them if they're on the edge, and if you're close enough, his dsmash sometimes hits too.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
A really wierd one is if Toon Link is close to the edge, facing away from the edge and uses his grounded Up-B. I figured that out a while ago. The first hit of the Up-B at the back of him will hit the opponent down. It's not very powerful, just wierd.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Ike's Dtilt, Fsmash, Ftilt angled downwards, Eruption, last hit in the AAA combo, possibly the back of Usmash, Dsmash....

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Peach's d-smash makes you feel like a fool when it spikes you on the stage. However you can tech the wall and live with good timing.

sasook

Smash Champion
Link's dtilt, dsmash, ftilt, arrows, and his bombs.

ZSS's dsmash, dtilt.

Falco's downward ftilt.

Marth's dtilt.

Samus's downward fsmash I think, and her dtilt.

There are definitely way more.

HizoSturm

Smash Apprentice
most down tilts work but one i know is very effective is marth's single foot off the ledge up smash. you roll to the edge of the stage so that his foot is off the stage. if someone is on the ledge, they will get hit by the frame of marth's up smash resulting a stage spike

Overclassed

Smash Journeyman
If you search, I beleive there is actually a thread involving all the moves that hit on the edge as well as who is hit by what...

If I can find it, I'll link back up.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
DK's down smash is probably the most entertaining way to hit someone on the ledge.

Matezoide

Smash Rookie
depending on how close you are from the edge,Olimar's down smash works
also there is Ike's B move

AddictedGamer

Smash Cadet
I notice your character icon shows that you play King Dedede, as a DDD main myself, I can tell you that your down-tilt is very awesome. It comes out quick and it has great range. You can throw waddle doos at your opponent. I usually short hop to down-air, a great way to get a cheap KO is to run off the edge and back-air your opponent into the stage. Stage spike is for the win.

Many characters can grab opponents directly off the ledge (usually hard to do since opponents do not tent to let you do that after their invincibility wears off), but I do not think DDD is capable of doing so.

You should consider staying a DDD main, he has chain grab on most of the cast, so he will always be high tier. DDD is quick for his size if used right and he can avoid being camped by many characters via waddle doo.

Lol, tier placement doesn't make a character good. What makes them good is who's using them. Of course, none of that applies to MK.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
Marth: F-smash, D-tilt, DB-down4?
Ike: What doesn't?
Snake: U-tilt, D-tilt, Grenades, C4, Mortar, F-tilt last hit?
Link: Bombs, Arrows, Boomerang, D-tilt.
Falcon: U-tilt, D-tilt, Raptor Boost, Angled F-tilt?

I think all of the casts' D-tilt works on people hanging from the ledge, and many attacks/smashes that can be angled will also hit them.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Hmmm, I recall there being a video or thread or something on how Samus's Charged Shot when fully charged can hit them on the edge.

Top Bottom