• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ECRC#2= VGBootCamp-"BTYF" - Laurel, MD 3/28 + 29, Pre-reg is Over, Sign your Waivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Lets do it EE we will all be IC's all tourney

GIMR its a joke do not not take serious and flip out on me

YOSHI's standing infinite is NOT banned do to:

1. its sooo hard lol ...... SENSE??????:? MAYBEE???

2. his grab is hard to land and slow and slowwww aand slowwwww

3. only way to get a grab is to pivot grab which is really hard too do and has lag

4. No one uses yoshi

5. It only works on wario so why ban it????? right?????? make sense?????

6. And I use the IC's Yoshi so I would never ban it <_<

ATTENTION MD/VA: pick up the climbers so we can **** with infinite the whole tourney

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
And i'll be there and like CK I will also be a jerk about people not playing matches etc.

I say if pre reg goes over 200 do pools

otherwise MASSIVE DOUBLE BRACKET IS TOO GOODZ

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
Lets do it EE we will all be IC's all tourney

GIMR its a joke do not not take serious and flip out on me

YOSHI's standing infinite is NOT banned do to:

1. its sooo hard lol ...... SENSE??????:? MAYBEE???

2. his grab is hard to land and slow and slowwww aand slowwwww

3. only way to get a grab is to pivot grab which is really hard too do and has lag

4. No one uses yoshi

5. It only works on wario so why ban it????? right?????? make sense?????

6. And I use the IC's Yoshi so I would never ban it <_<

ATTENTION MD/VA: pick up the climbers so we can **** with infinite the whole tourney
you guys complaining about the IC infinite really are dumb you have to be very good at it too even compete only one ive seen that is scary to get grabbed is LAIN hes the only ICs that you should be scared to get grabbed so stop ****ing *****ing just cause you dont know how to tape your buttonss really fast to get out of a grab

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I'd be glad to help turn off TVs in the middle of friendly matches if need be.

Also I really think the 5th neutral should be Pokemon Stadium 1. It was neutral in Melee and is basically unchanged except for the windmill and the occasionally dumb ledges (which are not nearly as dumb as Lylat's ledges btw). I guess it encourages camping somewhat, but it always goes back to a neutral layout, and besides, Lylat encourages SDs.

About IC's infinites, I dunno, I just feel that it's inherently anti-competitive when only 1 player has control of the match for long periods of time determined by that player, and the other player may as well just put his controller down and watch. But whatever, I'm not gonna raise a stink about it. Don't get grabbed, amirite?

And I don't think there's anything wrong with a 2-day tournament as long as you actually prepare for a large turnout and end at a reasonable time on Sunday, knowing everyone has to go to work/school the next day.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
it's just that it's hard enough for people to travel OOS for tourneys...extending it an extra day makes it that much more difficult for MOST people. Especially when people who wanna travel bank on that Sunday after the tourney is over to rest and then drive home safely instead of 10 hours in the middle of the night when you're already exhausted from the TWO DAY tournament and you could very well risk your life [says the guy who has fallen asleep at the wheel...not good.]

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
it's just that it's hard enough for people to travel OOS for tourneys...extending it an extra day makes it that much more difficult for MOST people. Especially when people who wanna travel bank on that Sunday after the tourney is over to rest and then drive home safely instead of 10 hours in the middle of the night when you're already exhausted from the TWO DAY tournament and you could very well risk your life [says the guy who has fallen asleep at the wheel...not good.]
if nothing else 2 day tournies ENCOURAGE OOS to come so they feel like they are getting more out of what they are traveling for. melee huge tournies were ALWAYS two days and it was never an issue, just have to plan ahead >_<

it draws more people than it pushes away, thats for sure. also, if it forces overswarm away that is awesome too, since he is a ******.

Just make sure the tournament ends by sunday night... the main issue is ensuring you have enough setups for the amount of people. ridiculous # of setups=secks. pound 2 had 60+ setups for 210 people or so and ran like a charm

SOVAman

Smash Hero
i agree with PS1 being neutral

edt: if it is two days can doubles be on the first day and singles on the next?

SOVAman

Smash Hero
you guys complaining about the IC infinite really are dumb you have to be very good at it too even compete only one ive seen that is scary to get grabbed is LAIN hes the only ICs that you should be scared to get grabbed so stop ****ing *****ing just cause you dont know how to tape your buttonss really fast to get out of a grab
You either ban them all or ban NONE so ban none

it is unfair to D3's

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
i agree with PS1 being neutral

edt: if it is two days can doubles be on the first day and singles on the next?
Wow, PS1 (and 2) in Brawl are so gay. It was a great neutral in Melee, but along with the gay windmill and the gimping edge, its tarded. I can stand ONLY the grass form, honestly all the other forms have walls and its not smart to approach so I just have to camp til it changes back. I have nothing against it being a CP, but NEVER a neutral...only in Melee.

Also, Halberd imo is a better neutral than Yoshi's...no I'm not saying this just cause I main Kirby.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
You either ban them all or ban NONE so ban none

it is unfair to D3's
Lolz you are so funny, D3 can only infinite 5 low/ mid tier and himself. and walking chain grab a couple other low to mid tier(To my knowledge)

The reason I'm not banning Icies infinites is because I know how to chain grab with them(Yet I don't ever play them in tourney for the most part) and I know how hard it is to pull a grab off on someone who's avoiding it so hard. I also know how hard it is to chain grab without someone breaking out of it.

NO OTHER MD/VA tournies ever ban Icie's infinites. Do you see Meep winnning those tournies? One of the best and arguably THE best Iceclimbers player in the USA. Common man. Please stop arguing about this. IT's so pointless

To OverSwarm:

I'm still not sure if this is going to be a twoday event so just wait and see. :)

Oh yeah, Online pre-REG is a must. I haven't set it up yet, but when I do you guys better register or you aren't playing. I'm gonna make the pools before the tourney to avoid the trouble COT4 had, cause I don't have any security guards to call, lol

AND GUYS, to ensure smooth running of this tourney my brother and I will not be entering singles OR doubles to make sure everything runs smoothly.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Meep only pretty recently started playing IC's, I'd say he's far from the best IC.

As a TO I personally feel like the infinite SHOULD be banned, or that none of the infinites should be banned. I think difficulty to do is completely irrelevant to whether or not something should be banned. Just because something is harder to do doesn't make it any more fair than the same tactic done by a different character, broken is broken.

Either way it's not a huge deal, but that's my two cents. I'll just use zelda and fsmash them. Fuggit.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Meep only pretty recently started playing IC's, I'd say he's far from the best IC.

As a TO I personally feel like the infinite SHOULD be banned, or that none of the infinites should be banned. I think difficulty to do is completely irrelevant to whether or not something should be banned. Just because something is harder to do doesn't make it any more fair than the same tactic done by a different character, broken is broken.

Either way it's not a huge deal, but that's my two cents. I'll just use zelda and fsmash them. Fuggit.
I dunno man, that was like 3 to 4 months ago and he's really good.

Also, I'm just saying that I really don't consider Ice climbers chain grabs real infinites because they can be broken out of if not done like a robot.(I don't know anyone who can do them like a robot)

I hate to argue but without there cgs what are ics ? seriously ....
lols, Icies are quite good without chain grabs. they have good priority and Decent/good range. their up-airs combo at low percent and combined take about 20% in one hit.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I dunno man, that was like 3 to 4 months ago and he's really good.

Also, I'm just saying that I really don't consider Ice climbers chain grabs real infinites because they can be broken out of if not done like a robot.(I don't know anyone who can do them like a robot)
Lain

Also, I disagree, IC's without grab combos are like Diddy without bananas

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
Lain i consider the best and if not top 3 in US just because his Ic Chain grab is near flawless and so fast :I so yea

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I just think the # of throws should be limited to 5 or so. I see no difference between this and wobbling in melee, which tended to always be banned

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I sorta agree with plank, that was my thinking you can do a limited number of throws and past that is a DQ

like moving combos are ok, but ones that robotic ice climbers can do like Lain shouldn't be allowed since there is no way to break out.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I just think the # of throws should be limited to 5 or so. I see no difference between this and wobbling in melee, which tended to always be banned
It was generally unbanned. There were a few bad TOs that had kneejerk reactions to something that "changed their game", and in an attempt to stagnate the competitive scene and protect themselves they banned it... but it was just a few.

Lobos

Smash Master
I like this idea.

BRING SET UPS!!!

Edit: GIMR check the spelling for the location......on goggle maps its spelled "Ritchie"

Jesusdragon737

Smash Cadet

Just because a combo is unbreakable doesn't mean it should be banned. I mean look at SSB64. The only way to win is to use unbreakable combos, and the game is full of them. If you can do them, more power to you. Sure it's annoying on the receiving end, but they shouldn't have gotten into that situation in the first place.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
I like when Plank says it GIMR acknowledges it but lil b says the same thing just simpler he ignores it, Chibo jr right here.
Lol EE, your lying and you know it too. You're so funny. :)

Oh yeah, and please no more talk about the Icie's chain grab, I'll consider making some rules on how gay you can be with it.

Bouse

Smash Ace
@Bouse: You have live streaming equipment? If so, it would be sweet if you could bring it. :)
Yeah I'm buying a pinnacle capture device on like... friday when I work next (loljobatBestBuy), so yeah. I'll get that stuff setup for that day.

Also Silven should be going to this so he and I can make sure the stream doesn't suck nuts. Since I know he can get one at ~30 fps.

If I do bring it down I'd appreciate a hardline, instead of trying to broadcast over wireless. Which for some reason seemed to be what CoT4 was doing, and made sense for their 5 fps.

Edit: Me and Silven are talking about options for recording matches while doing the stream. That way we have high-quality matches able to be posted on YouTube, while also broadcasting them live. Might even involve two setups one for each. I'll figure out logistics by then... promise.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
I just noticed that my name/account couldnt be found. godIMR, this is Kai lol. You should put me on the list of people who will be going :)

lain

Smash Master
Lain i consider the best and if not top 3 in US just because his Ic Chain grab is near flawless and so fast :I so yea
Lol thanks ChaosKnight :]

I heard you were at COT4?! I wanted to play you ;_;

But yeah man, I cg like a beast. But it doesn't mean I don't **** it up. Against teh_spammerer, I must've messed it up like 3 or 4 times. It was ridiculous.

I get that **** done like 95% of the time, but yeah it just happens. It's hard to do and set up IN AN ACTUAL MATCH.

I've proved myself the best IC and best (or at least top 3 or something) DDD at COT4.

And srsly plank, without IC cg, they aren't ****.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Yeah, IC's chaingrab shouldn't be banned. Just pick MK or someone fast, hit them a few times, and camp.

When you think about all the ridiculous things this game permits, it's funny.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
If I can get housing for a night or so then I'll come to this if not then well...

When I get the time later on today I'll pm the 3 people listed as giving housing above in hopes I can figure out something with them and hopefully quickly. >_>' Bus and train tickets become outrageously more expensive if you buy them the day you take them....Like 30$ to 56$ in only a 3 day span....

If anyone is reading this and is interested in giving housing to one of the better sheik users on the east coast then please pm me. ^-^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom