• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EC Regional Event #1: XI.E.S.T.I.C.L.E. - Wallingford, CT - Jun 7, 08

HOHO420

Smash Apprentice
Hey, if your not gonna pick darc up from Maine, can you give my friend a ride too? Hes gonna be at the train station as well. If thats ok with you of course

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok, just so everyone knows thisd has just been announced as the first East Coast Regional Circuit event. Basically that means that points will be issued to the top placers and at the finals (Cataclysm 4...coming soon to MA) the points winner in singles and teams gets PAID. So that should be extra incentive for everyone coming. Point scales and such can be found here: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=3145683&postcount=1

Not all info there is accurate though. I'm going to be making a new thread soon I think and maybe revising the point scale. That's just a guide for now. Also, this should also be used to help issue the first Brawl power rankings, which will be based on tournament results solely rather than opinion. So there you go, everyone should be excited for the chance at a HUUGE bonus for the points winner! See you all this weekend!!

doommachine15

Smash Ace
hey

Anyone in the suffolk county or nassau area, my buddy and I are looking for a ride to this and are willing to make it worth your while to give us a ride. Message me(prefer) or reply.
thx
-chris

KirbySan

Smash Cadet
Are you all ready to get smoked?! :) I'm just that fack'N GOOOOOT! Money matches lets go Kirby/ZSS/Marf/Shrek vs your any character. Noo i wont do dittos I'll pick one of my other 4s..

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Counterpicks available:
Delphino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 2
Distant Planet

Pictochat
Hanenbow
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
If I came, you'd learn to ban those stages. You need more ledgecamping, campy campy motherf*ckers in CT, obviously.

Se><bot

Smash Apprentice
ill be here for this see everyone there
awesome
If I came, you'd learn to ban those stages. You need more ledgecamping, campy campy motherf*ckers in CT, obviously.
Go ahead and ledge camp, there's nothing particularly wrong with those stages.

I NEED PEOPLE TO BRING THEIR WIIS AND COPIES OF THE GAME WITH EVERYTHING UNLOCKED

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Go ahead and ledge camp, there's nothing particularly wrong with those stages.
Infinite invincibility frames on Norfair isn't a problem? Running away and being uncatchable for 7 minutes on Hannenbow is cool? Okay then. :)

doommachine15

Smash Ace
If anyone is in suffolk county or taking the port jeff ferry, or if anyone lives around bridgeport let me know my buddy and I are willing to pay gas +some to get picked up

Se><bot

Smash Apprentice
Infinite invincibility frames on Norfair isn't a problem? Running away and being uncatchable for 7 minutes on Hannenbow is cool? Okay then. :)
I hate people that think they can simplify any game down to a retardedly stupid tactic and think they can win tournaments with it

When's the last time you won a tournament with good competition in it?

Oh right, never.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Or you could just ban them as yr counterpicks and it won't be a problem.

That, and isn't stalling banned?

Se><bot

Smash Apprentice
Stalling is banned to the extent that the other player can't do ANYTHING about it. Ledge stalling is fine, running around is fine as long as you're not stalling with stupid recoveries off the screen (or on) repeatedly, etc.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Stalling is banned to the extent that the other player can't do ANYTHING about it. Ledge stalling is fine, running around is fine as long as you're not stalling with stupid recoveries off the screen (or on) repeatedly, etc.
Gotcha.
10char

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I hate people that think they can simplify any game down to a retardedly stupid tactic and think they can win tournaments with it

When's the last time you won a tournament with good competition in it?

Oh right, never.
It's not stupif if it works. You can't hit me on Norfair.

Um... You're an idiot. I won a tournament with dmbrandon, Atomsk, and Yehs at it, they're all top players in NJ and dmbrandon is probably a top player nationally. I also got 2nd place recently only to M2K at a huge tournament in NJ that had top NY people at it too. Good stuff not knowing what you're talking about. :)

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer

Um... You're an idiot. I won a tournament with dmbrandon, Atomsk, and Yehs at it, they're all top players in NJ and dmbrandon is probably a top player nationally. I also got 2nd place recently only to M2K at a huge tournament in NJ that had top NY people at it too. Good stuff not knowing what you're talking about. :)
:sigh: more drama....

Anyway, those stages really aren't a big deal and i'll be happy to MM you on them whenever we meet next to prove it so.

Cort

Apple Head

stop ****ing posting

Inui

Banned via Warnings
stop ****ing posting
Find a way to make me, because saying "stop posting" to me has never worked and isn't exactly effective. In fact, you tend to get the opposite of what you want.

Anyway, those stages really aren't a big deal and i'll be happy to MM you on them whenever we meet next to prove it so.
Sounds fine. Your region needs more teh_spamerer level turtling to realize how insane Norfair and Hanenbow are, I guess.

Anyways, it was pretty homo to make this a circuit event so last minute. My crew and I won't be able to come on such short notice.

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
Uhh, this is BS guys. WHY DIDN'T YOU ALL COME TO THE LAST ONE WHEN I WAS THERE?

/cries

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
Yay, Cort's back.

CAT FIGHT, GRAZE ACTION?! WE SHOULD TEAM

and Inui, your an idiot. You have zero clue of what your talking about. Go play Green Greens or something with your ignorant NJ smasher friends and stop ****ing posting in something your not attending.

Top Bottom