• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EC Regional Event #1: XI.E.S.T.I.C.L.E. - Wallingford, CT - Jun 7, 08

Cort

Apple Head
-XI.E.S.T.I.C.L.E.-
Name idea courtesy of Brookman
Saturday, June 7th, 2008
Second Ever Brawl ESTICLE! (BREASTICLE!?!)​

Hooray! The eleventh ever installment of the ESTICLE series is finally announced.

All is Brawl -> http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=910

Information

Will be held at Digital Mayhem, a LAN center:

892 North Colony Rd.
Wallingford, CT

It's in a plaza right next to a Burger King for reference.

Venue Fee (mandatory): $10
1v1: $10
2v2: $10/person 20/team

Prizes:
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

Registration 11 am - ?. DOORS OPEN AT 11, so please don't bother coming earlier. Registration will end at a reasonable time after most people in the building have registered around 12-12:30, as always. Please make sure to come at a reasonable time if you want to register for doubles. Doubles will be first followed by a food break followed by singles.

Rules

-> General

Double Elimination
All matches are best of 3, winners'/losers' finals best of 5, finals best out of 7
3 stock, 7 minute limit
Ties broken by lives/percentage
Items OFF Smash Balls OFF
Team Attack ON
Life stealing is allowed in doubles

-> Stages

Neutral Stages: These will be on random.
Battlefield
Final Destination
Pokemon Stadium
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Brawl Yoshi's Island

Counterpicks available:

Delphino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 2
Distant Planet
Pictochat
Hanenbow
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar

All other stages are BANNED. Click here to see a full list.

-> Other

Dave's Modified Stupid Rule: No stage may be used twice in a single set
if the player choosing already won on that stage.

Random Knock-Out: Each player may choose to eliminate 1 of the random
stages to be chosen at the beginning of the set.

Stage Banning: Each player may choose to eliminate 1 of the stages available for counterpicking.

Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go
random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may
change characters.

Double blind for character selection may be used if a player wants to.

-> Other Rules & Special Issues

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc),
except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are
banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be
disqualified from the tournament.

Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use
third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you
are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to
use that controller any longer.

Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character
or indefinitely freezing them, or any glitch or trick that freezes the match
or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the
immediate forfeit of the match.

Tactics such as Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or
to manuever around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively
stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath,
is banned. Judges will be on the tournament floor can be called in at any time to
enforce this rule during a match.

You are responsible to bring your own controller. Any controller is suitable
for this tournament (wii mote/nun chuck/classic), just make sure people around
you are not also syncing at the same time as you.

=================================================

So, post if you or your crew mates can make it! We'll be needing setups (just wii/game) with all characters/stages/random stage select unlocked. Please also mark your Wii to distinguish it from everyone else's.

Please take note of the rules, this time only 1 counterpick stage is allowed to be banned. I figured there aren't that many counterpick stages for the 2 rules to work well, and banning 2 from my list is a bit too much? Discussion is open though.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
O hai I'm coming obv.

This time I'm not dropping in on Falco to get CG'd across Smashville, seriously. :|

Banks

Smash Hero
have fun guys. brawl sucks =/

oh and i predict cort and pc wins teams, and cort wins singles. you heard it here first.

Cort

Apple Head
So leaving 8 is too much?

Why is 7 better than 8?

I just feel being allowed to ban 2 stages on top of already striking a random is too much.

And apparently you didn't understand the reason I changed your quote >_<

noodles

Smash Champion
dam cant come to this. why so soon tryin to get everyones money? lol

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
I don't see a reason why this is the same date of what looks like a big tourney that you even expressed interest in earlier. There is no reason from what I can see why this date is chosen so you are just making people choose. Don't make a ***** move please. Just change the date so everyone can be happy (except maybe you and a few others).

Cort

Apple Head
and I'd rather not get depressed by Melee, if people wanna go to GA then fine, we'd only be missing 2 of Maine + milktea since she's on Maine's nuts at this event.

It wouldn't matter either way.

Cort

Apple Head
because the previous 2 weeks are busy (2 CT tournies held by runic and catfight) and the next 2 weeks are busy for DM

just come to the next one if you're going to GA? what's the big deal?

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
and I'd rather not get depressed by Melee, if people wanna go to GA then fine, we'd only be missing 2 of Maine + milktea since she's on Maine's nuts at this event.

It wouldn't matter either way.
alright...

Banks

Smash Hero
maybe solar will take my nuts

edit - to this. not take them just for the sake of taking them.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
When're we doing a melee one? I might go. GA sounds promising... if I didn't have school.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Im definitly going...again...and i WILL get better then 25th this time ;)
Why do you talk soooo much trash? Even when I played you in person...you still talked trash. You have probably one of the best Olimars i've seen...but seriously, stop.

And yes Cort, I got it. You were pointing out that I should not talk because Meta Knight is at the same level or better than Snake? I beg to differ. At least meta knight is weak, small amount of KO moves, gets knocked easily, does not dash cancel u smash, semi infinite recovery with the C4, and you can break through his tilts.

Snake is easily the most broken character in Brawl...without a doubt. At least when you use Meta Knight there is actual good strategy as opposed to Snake...you MOVE AROUND and ATTACK with Meta Knight.

Breakdown of Snakes offense (I mean, defense.)

Walk around.....shield......f tilt, u tilt or d tilt

when opponent goes off the stage dash cancel...hold it....release....wait for reaction....and either b air or wait for another tilt....f smash if your feeling daring.

caught in a jab such as falco, shiek, kirby, or meta knight? backoff and make sure you tilt.

Jab comboing in place of a f tilt also works because its faster with about the same priority.

Cort

Apple Head
Why do you talk soooo much trash? Even when I played you in person...you still talked trash. You have probably one of the best Olimars i've seen...but seriously, stop.

And yes Cort, I got it. You were pointing out that I should not talk because Meta Knight is at the same level or better than Snake? I beg to differ. At least meta knight is weak, small amount of KO moves, gets knocked easily, does not dash cancel u smash, semi infinite recovery with the C4, and you can break through his tilts.

Snake is easily the most broken character in Brawl...without a doubt. At least when you use Meta Knight there is actual good strategy as opposed to Snake...you MOVE AROUND and ATTACK with Meta Knight.

Breakdown of Snakes offense (I mean, defense.)

Walk around.....shield......f tilt, u tilt or d tilt

when opponent goes off the stage dash cancel...hold it....release....wait for reaction....and either b air or wait for another tilt....f smash if your feeling daring.

caught in a jab such as falco, shiek, kirby, or meta knight? backoff and make sure you tilt.

Jab comboing in place of a f tilt also works because its faster with about the same priority.
just stop.

Top Bottom