• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EC Regional Event #1: XI.E.S.T.I.C.L.E. - Wallingford, CT - Jun 7, 08

Skler

Smash Master
I could really care less considering you have one of the most insulting opinions of Brawl I've ever read
What is so insulting about my opinion of Brawl? I don't like it and think it's metagame revolves around spamming a few moves over and over again out of the shield (except in the case of metaknight and Marth, who spam the same moves over and over again - the shield). Did I hurt Brawl's feelings by saying what I think?

The majority of New England smashers (at least the ones that go on smashboards, the ones you ****ing know) seem to like Melee more, so why hold a Brawl tournament?

I like playing Brawl with items on, I think it's fun. I don't like playing Brawl competitively, I think it's boring as ****. I wouldn't even mind Brawl as a side event, I just wouldn't play it (unless it had items or something to make it interesting).

Either way it's a **** move to hold a tournament on the same date as another one if it will cause players to have to choose between one or the other.

No matter what game wins smash loses. If Brawl wins there will be tons of noobs for a few months, maybe even years, but smash will die once the noobs get owned and good players get bored. If Melee wins there will be all the old players but very few new ones, unless Brawl is used to attract new players (which is why Brawl side tournaments could be awesome). Brawl could suddenly become good and everything would be great, but that probably won't happen.

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
The majority of New England smashers (at least the ones that go on smashboards, the ones you ****ing know) seem to like Melee more, so why hold a Brawl tournament?
Im pretty sure the majority would prefer brawl tournaments. There's about 15 people who are pro melee it just seems like more since they're usually making a fuss LOL. GOSH HAVEN'T U SEEN THE MASS MADNESS POLL!? LOL jk

Banks

Smash Hero
we'll probly all end up just not going to stuff and not posting at all =(( tis the way of the world

farewell my melee veterans, the time has come to hang our hats

Cort

Apple Head
Skler if you can summarize Brawl's "metagame" in just a few words why aren't you winning tournaments?

Skler

Smash Master
Skler if you can summarize Brawl's "metagame" in just a few words why aren't you winning tournaments?
Because I don't practice or care?

Edit: PC I'm saying the ones who post. Brawl attracts more randoms since it's shiny/new, but almost all the posters say Melee is better. Brawl is more popular in general, Melee is more popular among competitive players.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
=/ I'd love to go get owned in a melee tournament, but I don't want to go to Georgia to do it :3.
^_^ I'll be here.
=( I'll miss Aesier though<3
-DD

Roman.

Smash Champion
I'd go to this but last time there was an hour between my first and second match and then i had like 4 matches one after another within 30 minutes.

Edit: Plus way too **** expensive. T.T

unknownforce

Smash Lord
I still can't figure out if all this brawl vs melee is to be taken seriously or not.

Come on guys, the Northeast is clearly one of the coolest regions! I'd like to think that players here got along well enough that they wouldn't be divided. A brawl vs melee fight is about as fruitless as watching two guys with no thumbs attempt to have a thumb war (don't ask me where I came up with that one, I'll john it on exhaustion). It has the potential to never end (or even truly begin!)

Regardless of playing melee or brawl, the community should still continue to get along with one another. It would be a loss for both sides if the community became divided...

This event sounds like fun to me in any case, and I can't possibly travel to the alternative.

phish-it

Smash Champion
Meh, Melee was the better game, but I guess you have to keep up with the times.

Maybe I should actually try to get good at this game.......

nah, **** it.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I agree with Aesir in saying this makes no sense whatsoever. Understanding how to play well and understanding all the tech skills required =/= placing well (as evidenced by...ME LOL)

Also I don't think people would be upset if #1Cort and #2 some of NE's mainstays, hadn't said they were thinking about going to GA.

Banks/Skler may be right, though... I mean this community has to die at some point, and this is adding up to a perfect storm.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
I wish everyone would just shutup and go to the one they want to go to. Who cares if it's on the same day? It happens. They're 900 miles apart.

Cort

Apple Head
Being able to summerize a metagame =/= winning tournaments.

Bad logic is bad.

edit: Sorry but that was just bothering me.
No, it's really not that far off. To be honest, Brawl WILL NOT be removed from the new mainstream smash community, and Melee IS DEAD.

I am really just tired of people that think they understand every little nuance that comes with playing/comprehending something as advanced as a "metagame" in ANY fighting or any game, for that matter. No one really gives a **** if you hate Brawl and love Melee, I enjoy playing Brawl for what it is and I have fun playing it against other intelligent players.

The players bashing Brawl are the extreme minority.

And on top of it, I don't camp my ass off with projectiles like Skler summarizes. I walk around, space myself accordingly, shield, ftilt, and mortarslide. That's like 6 new dimensions to Brawl's metagame >_>;;.. point is I do it with something called 'skill'.

Here let me summarize Skler's Link game in Melee. Throw shit, jump around and neutral air a lot cause it's a stupidly good move. Land inside people and buffer spot dodges. Punish accordingly or get punished because you're predictable as shit and you play Link.

Get it? :rolleyes:

Top Bottom