• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EC Presents: Crank That Kosha Boy! Featuring DugFinn and Xyro! November 14th, NJ.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
10 dollahs? wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all my chances of going are over :(
It's 5 more dollars.

Why are people flipping out over that?

Why are people flipping out over me having to switch to a standard venue fee? At least free parking exists at my venue. Lots of it. It's also next to lots of food places.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
$10 venue fee is standard for NYC tournaments, not NJ or PA, but it's your tournament, so whatever.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
If this was in the Windsor room then I'd be more inclined to agree, though I don't mind paying anyway, 10 isn't a lot.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Sadly, Inui's venue is the only one in NY/PA/NJ thats actually worth paying $10 to go to 99% of the time.
Indeed.

If this was in the Windsor room then I'd be more inclined to agree, though I don't mind paying anyway, 10 isn't a lot.
Magus has gdlk talents and claims he can make the Garden Room work for 100 players.

The Garden Room also has an outside area we can chill in and there's also the hotel lobby. If you feel cramped, there's lots of places you can go.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
its just not fun to pay 20$ just to play 2-3 people.
Standard venue fee.

Standard.

For a very, very good venue.

You're not going to play 2-3 people for $20. I have way more events than just singles. I have four events. You can also reduce your venue to $0 by showing up earlyish with a full set-up. Just a Wii or just a TV will take of $5.

If you don't want to pay the venue fee, BRING SET-UPS AND SHOW UP EARLY!

ChuDat

Smash Master
Standard venue fee.

Standard.

For a very, very good venue.

You're not going to play 2-3 people for $20. I have way more events than just singles. I have four events. You can also reduce your venue to $0 by showing up earlyish with a full set-up. Just a Wii or just a TV will take of $5.

If you don't want to pay the venue fee, BRING SET-UPS AND SHOW UP EARLY!
Inui, when I first went to one of your tournaments, the venue was 2$ and it was 5$ for doubles and 10$ for singles.

I asked you to raise the price of doubles to 10$ and you said,

"I am holding these tournaments for the poor college students who aren't able to afford tournaments. That's why my prices are so low".

In my opinion, there really is no reason to charge an extra 5$ just so Magus can get an extra 100$ in his pocket. 5$ is a meal, and a lot of people are already spending more than 50$ just to make it to this and play in this tournament.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
I wrote on the Internet like a child back then.

Last edited:

PRiDE

Smash Lord

Last edited:

PRiDE

Smash Lord
I don't really get what u mean by this lolz, though my housing fee is to discourage people from sleeping at my house.
lmao ...... If you need 5 dollars to come to inui's I'd give it to you is all I meant.

Pretty people make tourneys more fun.

ChuDat

Smash Master
lmao .. If you need 5 dollars to come to inui's I'd give it to you is all I meant.

Pretty people makes tourneys more fun.
It's not even that, it's just the reasoning behind it. I could start charging 5$ for venue fee and 10$ for doubles and singles at my events too just because it is a "standard", but I choose not to. It affects everyone, not only me. If you have no problem giving away money, then that's you. To each his own lolz.

PRiDE

Smash Lord

Last edited:

PRiDE

Smash Lord

Last edited:

PRiDE

Smash Lord

Last edited:

Palpi

Smash Hero
Why does everyone want to take my money.

I don't have that much money to give away.

**** you guys. :chuckle:

JG will go samus against me. Guarenteed...if we do play. WHICH WE WONT.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Why does everyone want to take my money.

I don't have that much money to give away.

**** you guys. :chuckle:

JG will go samus against me. Guarenteed...if we do play. WHICH WE WONT.
Funny thing is, I'm prolly the easiest to beat on that list due to my really random weaknesses.

Top Bottom