• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EC Presents: Crank That Kosha Boy! Featuring DugFinn and Xyro! November 14th, NJ.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
No, im saying his tournaments run EXTREMELY quick, and if he came and helped with this itd run real quick

Wooj and Jg are in the same school?

thanks for the compliment dude but I am sure this will be fine...i hope XD.

JG I really suggest people go to BRII because that tournament is part of the TSC and people should really support that to help create a bigger overall scene. More ppl play brawl and melee the better it is for the community.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
I knew you were on probation, but I didn't know they were homeschooling you. I don't really know much about the law, I thought you regularly attended school and stuff, lol.

Edit: The best Samus in the world just posted.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
how do you as a TO openly say, ok this will probably end at like 3am
wtf

and more money for smaller venue
for shame

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Sorry, I'm not coming because of the changes. I hope you understand.

I will try to make your next event though, these new changes are just a tad bit much for with what I'm allowed/want to do.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Yea he should be honest about it, definitely. That much was good about the post. But if you realistically don't see the event ending until 3am, then you should freicken cancel one of the events.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
OMG with this happening in the smaller room just cancel either low tier doubles or singles, I don't want to drive back at 3am when I have work at 8am, c'mon man, drop 1 :/
I will consider removing low tier singles.

If the venue fee is $10, how much off will I get for bringing a full setup?
I explained this in the OP and in the big post I made. $5 per item.

Just cancell all low tiers...
Hell no.

10 doller fee thats crazy how much off for wii and TV
It's not crazy. It's standard. Go to a GameTable or a Gauntlet. $10 for a venue worse than mine.

how do you as a TO openly say, ok this will probably end at like 3am
wtf

and more money for smaller venue
for shame
I'm honest.

I can't just freely obtain the venue anymore. Did you not read the situation my dad has with them now?

Sorry, I'm not coming because of the changes. I hope you understand.

I will try to make your next event though, these new changes are just a tad bit much for with what I'm allowed/want to do.
I will do what HOBOs do...and run low tiers later. Then can you come?

Would running low tier singles last be better? It would make normal singles finish by midnight.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
This one is still young. Too pure for us Cobras.
(^^Boss Quote, when she speaks to Volgin or The Pain)

It's not that honestly, I mean I'll still get in trouble, but I like coming to these things for it's availability and it's low cost. I'm waaaayyyy to broke right now so I'll just wait for the next big thing.

Edit:

Inui what my brother commented on should be taken as a compliment. He thinks you are the standard at tournament hosting, now say thanks. :)

And I'm not coming so run events in the order you wish. Don't worry cause I'll be at your next event.

Palpi

Smash Hero
If you are dying to enter low-tiers stay past 11-12 if you aren't leave and don't enter low-tiers. (If they are after regular doubles/singles.

Not that big of a deal.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
(^^Boss Quote, when she speaks to Volgin or The Pain)

It's not that honestly, I mean I'll still get in trouble, but I like coming to these things for it's availability and it's low cost. I'm waaaayyyy to broke right now so I'll just wait for the next big thing.
The cost is $5 more than Viridian City if you don't do low tiers.

Zucco

Smash Master
Im not missing this since I couldnt go to Viridian City. 5$ more isnt much anyway when you think about it, even for a broke *** kid like myself.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Darn, uhhhhh give me money I wanna come.

(Palpi $30 MM, Falco dittos? I really want to come)
Come early and bring a full set-up to save yourself $10.

@Everyone: "Low tier doubles will be the first event, then normal doubles, then normal singles, and finally low tier singles. Events will start as soon as they can. As low tier doubles thins out to open more set-ups, normal doubles will start, and so on and so forth."

Does this sound better?

Low tier doubles is definitely going to happen. I find it really fun and it's a quick event to get done. Yeah, I guess I'm biased towards it or something, but you can't deny that it's the quickest event and pretty fun.

I will start normal doubles as soon as set-ups open. Doubles is the second fastest event. By the time normal doubles thins out, low tier doubles will be done.

I'm not worried about people playing in one doubles event needing to play in another and stuff like that. TIO has a station manager and tells us what matches are in progress, so we're going to avoid being dumb and calling someone for two matches at once.

Low tier singles will be last. If people really want to compete in that side event, they can enter it, and I'll hold it. I have no problem having the tournament run until 3am. Magus, myself, and everyone else that stays afterwards are always up until 6am anyways after these things.

I don't have a time limit, so it doesn't matter how late it runs. I'll make sure normal singles, the main event, gets done by midnight or so, which means it won't run too late for those uninterested in low tiers.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I'd suggest do low tiers last to save yourself the trouble. IT would make a lot more sense for you and would weed out all the players that are not gonna enter low tiers anyway.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I'd suggest do low tiers last to save yourself the trouble. IT would make a lot more sense for you and would weed out all the players that are not gonna enter low tiers anyway.
Yup, I already decided to do low tier singles last. Low tier doubles will be the first event, giving late people a chance to show up in time for the main events and early people a quick and easy event to warm up in.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
For me I would rather do the reg events first and low tiers last since people would want that more in your event.

thats just me.

Im still debating whether or not to go.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
@Everyone: "Low tier doubles will be the first event, then normal doubles, then normal singles, and finally low tier singles. Events will start as soon as they can. As low tier doubles thins out to open more set-ups, normal doubles will start, and so on and so forth."

Does this sound better?
^ This sounds fair to me.

Magus420

Smash Master
I would suggest not running the 2 doubles events directly next to each other. You're going to have a lot of very awkward/unusable setups going to waste during that time where you could instead be running singles matches on them. A 1vs1 and a 2vs2 next to each other can work, but you can't fit 8 people on one side of those tables.

Also, I could set the tables on the closet's side of the room up a few feet away from the wall like at Apex to get 4 setups on each table by using both sides to fit 4 additional setups.

Top Bottom