• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EC Presents: Crank That Kosha Boy! Featuring DugFinn and Xyro! November 14th, NJ.

kingz-night-mare

Smash Lord
If atomsk dint HAVE AN AMAZING DI on my shuttle loop we would've won the second match it was sooooooooooooo close but things happen. We still beat meep and takeover, and mr clutch.

Vinnie

Smash Master
If atomsk dint HAVE AN AMAZING DI on my shuttle loop we would've won the second match it was sooooooooooooo close but things happen. We still beat meep and takeover, and mr clutch.
Meep's doubles skill is not even close to his godly singles skill. The other two aren't ranked to my knowledge.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
When will we know if this is going to happen or not....
Soon. Just chill.

Sooo is this still gonna happen? XD
Stop asking. I'll let you know as soon as I know. Nobody is more anxious about it than I am.

o-O kingz / big m almost beat inui / atomsk? wtf lol
Who cares? We still got 3rd. It's like Zucco/Junebug getting their panties wet over beating us, but we ended up winning the entire tournament anyways, lol!

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I only asked once.... >_<
Already too many times.

Don't you think that I'll report to this thread and others right after I find out what's going on? Obviously I will. You will know moments after I do. No need to post stuff like that and make people worry. As of now, consider the event still on until further notice.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Here's the story...

I had the Windsor Room, the larger banquet hall, booked for this event. There is a book where everything for the two banquet halls gets written down. My event was written down in pencil and got erased the other day and something else was booked for the Windsor Room on November 14th. I went to the manager and he doesn't know what happened but he got me the Garden Room for sure and wrote it into the book in pen.

The hotel is going under new ownership...kinda. The same company and same family is still going to own it, but the main owner, Tushar Patel, is washing his hands of the place and letting two other people be in charge and be the main owners of the place. My dad hates those two. A lot of the influence he had by being Tushar's favorite worker is now gone. The new owners aren't giving him the workman's compensation he needs for his injured wrists and nerves, so he'll be suing them after I host my event, meaning I'll have to move and this may be my last event.

This event will be in the smaller room...meaning ~10 set-ups and it'll be cramped. But, don't worry. We can manage. We have an amazing hosting team. We can finish all four events by around 3:00am. We're going to be very strict. Until the hosts specifcally state that you can play friendlies and money matches, do not play any friendlies or money matches. I will DQ you and there will be no refunds. We need every set-up for tournament matches because we have a lot to get done. If you want to play friendlies or money matches, you will need to come by 10:00am and get them in before we start and/or wait until the singles bracket thins out a lot towards the end of the event, otherwise you will not be able to do friendlies or money matches.

I am starting low tier doubles at 11:00am. We all hopefully have some sort of job or school things that make us know how to wake up early and be on time for something, so you can handle it. If you're not entering the low tier events and think it's cool to just show up at 3:00pm or something, you're dumb. I will be starting events as soon as I can and the schedule is subject to change. Don't be an idiot. Show up by 11:00am no matter what events you're doing and enter them so we can make the brackets as soon as we can and get things started.

Inui, DugFinn, and Xyro will be the main hosts for this event. If we say something, listen to it immediately. I don't want to hear any excuses or BS. Don't force us to DQ you or be mean in order to make this event successful. Be part of the solution, not the problem. If you think you can get away with something because my co-hosts are from TX, you're wrong. They will DQ you and they are amazing hosts.

MasterDave/Izumi will be the driver for train station arrivals and departures. He's phone number is 908-907-5409. Please contact him and not me for train station related things. He will drive you to and from the stations for a small fee.

I'm raising the venue fee to $10 because I can't get the venue totally for free anymore. Please tolerate it. The venue is nice and the events are great. Most other venues charge $10, like GameTable, Gauntlets, and most game stores and stuff like that, and people don't usually complain too much. On the plus side, I'll be removing a whole $5 per TV or Wii we use that you bring, so now you get a lot more for bringing set-ups. If you bring a full set-up and we use it, you pay no venue fee at all!

If you have any questions, I'm easy to reach.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Just make sure a bunch of random scrubs don't crowd your laptop like wildfire and make things difficult like last time plz

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Just make sure a bunch of random scrubs don't crowd your laptop and like wildfire and make things difficult like last time plz
I will instantly DQ someone for being at my laptop if they are not specifically told they can be there.

I'm serious. It messes with the event and my laptop is my most important possession.

@Everyone: Don't **** with me at this event.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
OMG with this happening in the smaller room just cancel either low tier doubles or singles, I don't want to drive back at 3am when I have work at 8am, c'mon man, drop 1 :/

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
OMG with this happening in the smaller room just cancel either low tier doubles or singles, I don't want to drive back at 3am when I have work at 8am, c'mon man, drop 1 :/
doubles low tier.

BUt anyhow lol mad gay, I dont know how y ou'll fit 70+ person (if that number shows up) in that room, and those wh ocan't be in the room MIGHT be called and if they're not in the room they'll get DQ or some ****. I will come still I guess (cuz Wendy's is next to it YAY!) but lots of co-operation must happen and I will make sure that I uh lol nvm.

Wooj

Smash Journeyman
10 doller fee thats crazy how much off for wii and TV

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
10 doller fee thats crazy how much off for wii and TV
I think he said $5 for each in his post.

He shouldn't cancel anything. With 10 setups, starting at 11, and people not playing mm's and friendlies it should all be fine. 4 events, not to mention best venue, is why I personally think Inui's events are the best.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I am debating coming. No offense but I wanna pay for gas for a ride to and from my house not a train station. If I do not come I believe everyone should be ok with all the people helping and everyone , that should be, BRINGING SETUPS. There should not be a problem ending late like last time.

this venue is pretty ok though and Xyro, a well than adequate host himself, there I do not think issues will arise. Everyone follow directions and respect everyone. Should def NOT be a problem.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
I am debating coming. No offense but I wanna pay for gas for a ride to and from my house not a train station. If I do not come I believe everyone should be ok with all the people helping and everyone , that should be, BRINGING SETUPS. There should not be a problem ending late like last time.

this venue is pretty ok though and Xyro, a well than adequate host himself, there I do not think issues will arise. Everyone follow directions and respect everyone. Should def NOT be a problem.
Agreed.

10agrees

Wooj

Smash Journeyman
wow im so bringing both then bcuz this venue fee is crazy. pay more for less space.

Also JG u should have a SF on november 5-8 since we wont be having any school those days.

Top Bottom