• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eastern Invasion

Vlade

Social Outcast
In the perth thread we've been discussing about holding a major tournament. We have been speculating as to the numbers that we could get to such an event, and so we were wondering, 'how many easterners would be willing to come to perth for an Eastern Invasion?'

With Rocky (so sad I can't go :() and S.Q.U.A.T. V lined up for this year, hosting a major in perth for 2009 is a no-go. So we were wondering who would be willing to attend a major in perth?

I'm thinking about July next year (will have to check the dates for school holidays and things like that).

Post your interest

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
He wants fame and glory.

Of course I'll go. :)

But preference for mid-late July. I'll be in New York otherwise, possibly with a bunch of other Australian Smashers looking to pilgrimage to the next US Summer Tournament.

Vlade

Social Outcast
We get average numbers for about 30 at our monthly tournaments right now, and we're hoping to expand on this through further advertising.

If we could get even 60, let alone a turnout like Rocky's at a perth tournament that would be awesome.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Sounds cooooooool. Mid next year's a good time too, relative to other Australian majors/nationals.

I'll definitely do my best to come. :)

But preference for mid-late July. I'll be in New York otherwise, possibly with a bunch of other Australian Smashers looking to pilgrimage to the next US Summer Tournament.
This. Hell, preference for not-July. I've been heavily considering going to next year's big American national as well, whatever it is. So something close-to-but-not-quite-July would be better, give people a change to gather monies, we're not all rich like Cao. <3

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Ah I see, most of you Perth guys have been too lazy to come over here, so you have a big tourney and want us to go over there instead. Lazy. =P

But yeah I'll likely come. =)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Mic numbers, maybe you should just move to Melbourne to make the BRoomer Family Tree here rise to 6. <3

I can dream ^^

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Mic numbers, maybe you should just move to Melbourne to make the BRoomer Family Tree here rise to 6. <3

I can dream ^^
When I'm over there one thing I'm planning to do is visit the educaion department and ask a few questions...

EDIT: Incidently, Eastern Invasion #1 was when Shaz, John, Em and Cella came over, what was Eastern Invasion 2? Was that when you came over Cao?

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Yea maybe, as long as there's enough time to save up a lot of moolah, plane tickets to Perth are gonna be expensive @_@

C~Dog

Smash Champion
If i has money i would think about considering the possibility of maybe perhaps attending sometime in the future. =D

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Well we have seen Gametraders hold a general tournament, rounding up a total of 64 people from W.A alone_ With a larger advertising campaign, sponsorship and bigger prize pools we should be able to push out those numbers again easily, if not higher_

Great to see people sparking alot of interest in this_ Looking forward to seeing some of you at SQUAT ;) (Rocky next year)

kupo

Smash Lord
If quez, cubed (maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat) and kenton played again.

Im so there.

EC representin'! Good memories from the first invasion Mic :D. And that awesome Bell Tower tour, the guest book and getting lost in the city.

Good times :D

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Lost? That was just an extended tour. >.>

I've always wanted to go back to the tower and look for that book XD

Pretty sure the guys would turn up, even if it was just to catch up.

Top Bottom