• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 Discussion thread

Alzi

Smash Master
They are so hot the way they play with the DSi.

It's time i gave them somthing much more powerful to play with.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
LOOOOOL vermy so good.

Not owning a DS is still no reason to buy a DSi. pay more money for a camera, wtff. stupid gimmick.

I don't understand how people conclude that DKC returns looks just like the old DKC games. all it has is the regular DK collectables and a minekart, gameplay looks like abes oddysee meets new super mario bros to me.

I have faith in retro and it looks awesome though. just sayin, doesn't look like the old DKC games.

Alzi

Smash Master
No..

My toon link plushie ofcourse. :)

And to the person or people who thought i was wrong and lol'ing at me when i said the 3DS will cost around $350 WHERE YOU AT? WHERE YOU AT?

Ofcourse it won't look like the old DKC games you think that after 10 years or however so a new game of that series would look exactley the same. I am loving the background design though which is what the old series lacked.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Sigh i said gameplay looks different, and it clearly does.

What are you talking about donkey kong country's backgrounds were revolutionary on the SNES, it was one of the first/few games to really apply slow scrolling backgrounds to make you FEEL like you were in a whole unique land.

Vermy

Smash Champion
LOOOOOL vermy so good.

Not owning a DS is still no reason to buy a DSi. pay more money for a camera, wtff. stupid gimmick.
You know it, baby.

I have a DSi, and I'm just gonna wait till the 3DS is out. I was considering getting a DSXL but now I'll just wait it out. Won't be missing out on anything.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
I actually liked the idea of a DSXL, even though its nothing unique or special, just the thought of a 2x bigger screen on the DS is awesome.

Edit: The gameplay of DKC is so much more than "jumping". The enviornment contributes to gameplay, ESPECIALLY in a DKC game, as does stage layout. So far i've seen like, constant side scrolling stages, and ONE preview he's launching upwards in barrells. DKC stage layouts were so unique and incredible, and DKC3 really pushed that boundary as far as possible.

Alzi

Smash Master
Look at some offline gameplay you will see more.

Also if anyone hasn't been told yet with the 3DS both of your eyes must be present on the screen for the 3D to work. This is the only way it will trick your mind. Looking at the 3DS from an angle won't work either.

Heres some gameplay of DKCR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc-B7ubLe68

tibs7

Smash Champion
I won my DSi, I would never buy it though, since I have another ds already.

Hopefully we don't get the 3ds like a year after the Japanese

unreon

Smash Ace
Speaking as former Optom here.

Alzi is perfectly right. Producing 3D is a very precise alignment of optics going from the screen to your eye, and subsequently your brain piecing it back together. You need to be viewing the 3DS directly for it to work. I believe the screen will separates the two images apart by a set distance, which is adjustable by a sliding meter. The distance required will be dependent on many factors, such as the distance between your eyes, if you have an transient eye turn (aka. phoria; most people do), how good your eyesight is, etc. For these two reasons, this means people sharing a 3DS (e.g. playing Pokemans with your girl in bed) might be a tad difficult, if not impossible.

I hope there is an option to turn off the 3D (perhaps on the zero end of the sliding thingie) because some people (like me) have a high degree of exophoria and might not fit on the scale. Other than that, if you have one eye which sees significantly blurrier than the other, 3D won't work at all. This is especially worrisome in the older population who are into DS, and probably have cataracts or anything else.

Other than that.

CHILDREN OF EDEN IS STILL HOT.
Donkey Kong looks fantastic. Retro are amazing.
Where is Pikmin 3?
Where is F-Zero?
Where is The Last Guardian?

lol I'm so spoilt I just want more from Nintendo. I WANT FZEROOOooooo

Pete278

Smash Lord
We all want F-Zero. :( Nintendo's just prepping everyone first, though. Everyone's still used to Casualtendo, so they're releasing some transition-to-hardcore games first, before F-Zero and Pikmin.

Alzi

Smash Master
You can turn the 3D off and just have it view as normal if you would like btw unreon.

F-zero might be announced once they show stuff of pikmin 3 hopefully.

Sieg

Smash Champion
E3 is over kids.

Pikmin is in the making, they said they didn't want to show it at E3 because of other ****. You'll see it later in the year. Idk. TGS maybe?

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
ionno 3ds to me the 3d doesn't seem to work like that...
its more graphical illusion.. :S looks flat but when it moves u can see depth???.. ionno looked easyish to create imo... but then again i dont know anything XD
ive only seen a video tho os some number finding game :S

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
mic, people will buy nintendo's **** whatever it costs
besides dsi onwards wasn't cheap, and wii wasn't cheap, 360s have been cheaper for years
Anything in the multiple of hundreds isn't cheap, but I meant in terms of how much the parts cost to make. The PSP used top of the line stuff and cost about $430 bucks. There was not a big rush to buy it as there was for the much cheaper DS, because while they could have released the DS a year or so earlier, it would have cost a lot more due to part costs.

I can't hack the fact that they went from an isolated, ghostly, and war-torn Samus.
To the blond barbie bombshell in a skimpy blue outfit.

Wtf.
While I have to say, it's not like Nintendo's never done that themselves (Justin Bailey, All the 100% clear endings) it'd be nice if that stuff stayed as end of game rewards, not major game elements :c (I miss Prime's Ending)

EDIT: Arrow it's just like the 3D movie "reach out and touch" 3d.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
They'll probably bring up the vitality sensor there too.

tibs7

Smash Champion
As in you can't download some of the ware that is released in japan because it's region locked.

And yes ofcourse the 3ds will be.

@td: come to robocop, I'll show you who has brains ;) ehehe

tibs7

Smash Champion
Broooo, you Perth boys really need more support, you should reconsider.

And ei3 depends on how many others are going.......

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Lol, my first thought was someone photoshopped the 360 to look like someone kicked it in the stomach.

Top Bottom