• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 Discussion thread

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Other M (omg it's actually Mother) is looking pretty terrrible though. Blame it on Team Ninja's ****ty artwork. Samus just looks...oddly out of place.
I know. It really doesn't help that everything is pretty detailed and Samus is very...plain. Plus the greenish-yellow colour doesn't seem right. Throw in the fact that the last 3 games have all been more 'realistic' just makes the current design seem even worse.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Is Metroid's gun attached to his suit or to his body?
Wait what_?! You have played a Metroid game right_? I smell troll_

I loathe the fact that Samus talks in Other M_ I enjoyed the fact you didn't see who she was, didn't know too much about her and she didn't talk_ I fear playing it if it destroys my fanboy illusions_

Prime trilogy was refreshing_ I think they captured the essence of Metroid pretty well in those games not to mention how well natural the transition from 2d platformer to FPS actually felt_ Retro are a good developer who have made some quality stuff lately in regards to rebooting Nintendo classics_ DKCR shouldn't be any different_

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Metroid prime 2 and 3, metroid fusion and metroid zero mission. You can't do any free exploration in those games. You could do a little in metroid prime 1 though so that one was ok.

In metroid 1 you could go and kill ridley first, and get the screw attack before anything else lol.

Alzi

Smash Master
3DS is currently costing around $350 at EB games.

Lol eb games. Will wait and see what epic deal JB hifi has.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I miss the difficulty of NES Metroid. And the win of Super Metroid. Prime for me was better than 2/Fusion/Zero Mission

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I hear you cao, but I would extend that comment to be that I miss the difficulty of old games in general, games these days are so piss easy for pro's like me, I want more contra difficult games ;)

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
I agree with cao completely. Metroid 1 was awesome and super was even better, mostly cuz of the freedom. 2 fusion and zero were linear and dull, prime was fun but still linear.

Super metroid favorite game ever.

tibs7

Smash Champion
Alan, you should know by now you should never say what your brain is thinking :S

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I wouldn't imagine the 3DS to cost much more than what the DSiXL costs. Nintendo make sure that the tech is cheap enough before they actually start making concrete plans to release (IE DS touch pads had to be cheap enough to mass produce, because they know noone's gonna buy a 500 dollar handheld.)

Dekar289

Smash Hero
marteh, that screenshot is of the e3 demo clearly
notice the controler with the controls liste don the right
don't read too much into it

mic, people will buy nintendo's **** whatever it costs
besides dsi onwards wasn't cheap, and wii wasn't cheap, 360s have been cheaper for years

Alzi

Smash Master
The 3DS will cost $350 so far. We will see it drop to about $300 or $280 hopefully somtime in the future.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Needs more Battletoads difficulty huh Luke_? I mean honestly, how many people didn't get past the third stage_ Megaman was great, happy they have released 9 and 10 though I'm yet to get hold of them_

tibs7

Smash Champion
I think I'd buy mine from eb just coz they will probs have a midnight launch and I'll be the first one in line and shiz

Alzi

Smash Master
I can see these getting hacked pretty quickly. :p.

I'm going to buy the games when i see them cheap then wait for a limited edition 3DS. I was hoping for a spirit tracks DSi limited edition but it never happened. Since the 3DS is a completly new handheld it is bound to happen so i might as well wait around then but will buy the games as i said since Nintendo Australia will be bad and discontinue some games or not stock enough.

unreon

Smash Ace
I loathe the fact that Samus talks in Other M_ I enjoyed the fact you didn't see who she was, didn't know too much about her and she didn't talk_
I can't hack the fact that they went from an isolated, ghostly, and war-torn Samus.
To the blond barbie bombshell in a skimpy blue outfit.

Wtf.

Alzi

Smash Master
People who maybe never owned a DS in the first place then all of a sudden a DSi came out and they decided to buy it maybe?

Top Bottom