• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 Discussion thread

Sieg

Smash Champion
Don't act like we love them no matter what. Their last two years were terrible. This year they're back on track, showed a bunch of good games, some AMAZING (and original) tech.

*Poke* I think this bombshell's a dud.

Not having a 360 yet I'm actually tempted to get one of these. The inbuilt Wifi is good, as I wasn't going to spend 150 bucks for it.

How can you like something neutrally?
***** stop hating on my obvious Sony Fanboy heart.

***** PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Yeah, they did win. Even though I hate Nintendo for some reason because of it. IT'S MY SONY BLOOD I SWEAR.

***** STEALING OUR METAL GEAR.

**** I HATE YOU ALLLLL. Lol.

Atleast Sony has Kevin Butler. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCJwQQj9Eao&feature=player_embedded#! YEAH KEVIN BUTLER.

Alzi needs to calm down. He sounds like a 12 year ol.....Oh wait.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Squeeeee Raiden looks no joke <3
Also MGS on 3DS... i dont know about that, its a little worrying.
Need MG remakes and make them proper canon!

Aaaanyway back to Peace Walker ^_^

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I just love how the biggest motion cockup (not counting the bow and arrow) occurred right as the speaker said ''you can really see the true 1:1 motion"

Alzi: Did you really say that about the Kirby game? Wow. Just...wow.

Alzi

Smash Master
The way it's been made is yes a very good idea. It will mainly target a younger Audience.

Older people will play it but they won't be like wow this is amazing. They will just be like it's a decent good game.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Your horsemen are going to kill themselves via infighting before they kill anyone else.
lololol so true, nice one conner, too bad that sieg and tak are both **** and would get pwned.

if you want sucess vermy you need me, ted, silfa and ea (mad hater lololol)

Every company had new things to show. It was/is pretty interesting what I've seen so far.
like sony's NEW MOTION CONTROL WII REMOTE WITH NUNCHUKU, yeah thats new and revolutionary.

if you want to go all fanboy hows this, nintendo created/invented/pioneered just about everything that some other company has since copy'd...

shoulder buttons, rumble feature, analog sticks, wii remote hog****, 3d platforming, memory cards, wifi (I think), ****tly little avatar things that 360 stole, etc etc

nintendo have been there since the beginning, they've won just about every console war, reignited and saved the video game economy, not only create consoles but awesome games, try new things that start off getting dissed and end up being win and getting copy'd...
blah blah blah you get the idea.

Metal Gear on Nes wants to talk to you about that btw ;)

finally something not ********, good work mic, while we're at it, also the orginal final fantasys k thnx

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Epic yarn? More like ****ING AMAZING YARN!!!!
Ugghhh it sounds so much worse the second time. >.<

TBH Zelda disappointed me a bit in the way that other than the motionplus mechanics theres nothing new and exciting. Although I'm kinda happy thety brought back the ability to shoot stuff from your sword.

undead_moose

Smash Lord
Metal gear was pretty bad.

So where the original fantasies. Not the snes ones.

I want a ledgend of Zelda where you play as Zelda preferbly tetra as a pirate being all yargh and aaargh.

Other M looks pretty bad and this is comming from a long time metroid fan. 2d sprite game kthnx.

I want a fire emblem chess board. I don't play chess but it would be neat. Also a Roy plushie. And Garrus plushie.

Everyone is Gar for Garrus

Alzi

Smash Master
Nintendo is what started it all.

The rest are just try hards trying to copy it. The only reason they succeed in such games is because they can produce better graphics and online. But Nintendo is slowly getting there with improving it's graphics and online system and once they do xbox and sony are ****ed over.

Even the motion controls. It's obvious nintendo do have somthing there that is already better then the ps3 motion and the xbox kinetic ****. They will just reveal it on the new console. So copy all you want sony and microsoft your only getting what the wii has already done and slightly trying to make it better but once they reveal new console you will get back in your graves and never get dug up again.

Sieg

Smash Champion
l

nintendo have been there since the beginning, they've won just about every console war, reignited and saved the video game economy, not only create consoles but awesome games, try new things that start off getting dissed and end up being win and getting copy'd...
blah blah blah you get the idea.
Someone doesn't remember the N64, or the Gamecube. Memory Cards? Rumble? Haha.

They've won most console wars because they had SEGA as a rival. What happened when Sony came in with a little thing called PS1? Beat the **** out of it. Same with the PS2.

God, not the console **** is gonna start up.

Alzi shut up seriously. You are a disgrace.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol I knew you'd come in with you own fanboyish, shame sieg, shame

regardless nintendo has always been a smart company and even if they get off to a bad start they always pull through in the end.

Alzi

Smash Master
I respect the ps3 and 360 but i am just a nintendo fan boy and just stick with nintendo.

Nintendo has one everyones hearts as well. <3

Edit: luke the bad start is them sand bagging.

See what Hobobloke said?

microsoft and sony come out with their motion while nintendo deliever us hardcore stuff.

It was all true. GG microsoft and sony.

Miyamoto was even sand bagging in the zelda game.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Alzi.

You don't know anything about what happened at E3. Nor have you watched anything but Nintendo's pitch.

Please. Just stop talking.

I'm telling you man, it's my Sony blood. It makes me talk fanboyishly lol.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
so hobo-bloke was right, the whole feint with montion sensing **** to get microsoft and sony doing it and then lead with the real hardcore ****, was an elaborate trolling plan designed by none other then sakurai himself, the worlds greatest troll.

wait till you see what sakurai puts into the next smash game (there will be one, you'll see) EVERYONE HAS FRAME PERFECT 0 TO DEATH COMBOS LOLOLOLOLOL

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
I want a ledgend of Zelda where you play as Zelda preferbly tetra as a pirate being all yargh and aaargh.
Talk to Phillips

Nintendo is what started it all.
Uhh Alzi, Magnavox Oddysey was the first home console....
Plus what about Atrai, Colecovision...Oh I'm sorry doesn't seem they exist

The rest are just try hards trying to copy it.
Isn't everything ripping everything off, you love your Zelda games, go check out Swordquest for the Atari. Nothing in this world is original, didn't Nintendo copy Atari and co with making a console?

But Nintendo is slowly getting there with improving it's graphics and online system and once they do xbox and sony are ****ed over.
Umm Nintendo stated their reason for not having good graphics, research plox?
As for online, don't make me laugh, their online service now is pretty much equal to their sattelivsion they had on the SNES, thay had downloadable games and barely manageable online play.

Plus Microsoft and Sony have a large fanbase they'd have to make a rather large mistake (*cough Saturnday cough*) to lose that share of the market.

Even the motion controls. It's obvious nintendo do have somthing there that is already better then the ps3 motion and the xbox kinetic ****.
Sure Kinect and Move are blatantly trying to jump on the casual market, to me the Move is exactly like a remake to the point of a replica nunchuck, however it has a camera which allows for more precision to be read without constantly pointing the tip at a sensorbar. The move reads the large ball on the controller and has facial recognition, doesn't need their remote to read 6 LED's which can be obstructed via other sources. The Kinect is also more technologically advanced then Wii as well, although I feel it's doomed to be nothing more then a gimmick due to I say gaming will always need a controller.

They will just reveal it on the new console. So copy all you want sony and microsoft your only getting what the wii has already done and slightly trying to make it better but once they reveal new console you will get back in your graves and never get dug up again.
Ummm....Right, okay so the Wii won this war due to casual market leaving everyone who wants something more behind, now Sony and Microsoft see the power of this market they won't let such a trick happen again, so their new console needs to win via old tricks, better games.
As for getting back in their graves, Nintendo aren't winning most sold by much..Yes they dominate the handheld market but their grip on console won't last long. Plus they'll never be in their grave since they have other products to fall back on in case of a failure.

Zelda skyward sword is ****ing amazing because it uses improved graphics the same style as Wind waker and it's actually a wii game not a port of a gamecube game like what happened with twilight princess.
Yet their tech demo stuffed up, you can't blame wifi interference since the Wiimote runs on blutooth, nice try Ninty.
As for the graphics it's actually more watercolour'd imo..Meh..
I love how the way you mention it's amazing has nothing to do with gameplay at all....GG Alzi

Metroid over m loooks good and i love the type of style they've gone with it.
If you mean gameplay style, I'm very intrigued as well..Graphical style is pretty meh, seems like a GC release really.

[size=1
Now for Kirby epic yarn. Yes i did a massive epic ya[COLOR="Red"]w[/COLOR]n because i didn't find it intresting. They should of made it into normal graphics not some thread but this will sell well with the younger crowd.[/size]
The graphics serve a purpose, the entire game sems based around the fact that Kirby is yarn and can use these abilities for gameplay, hence the artstyle is perfect...Plus too many cartoony games will ruin it.

DONKEY KONG COUNTRY RETURNS ****ING THIS GAME WILL BE THE BEST. Good choice of name aswell better then DKC4 i really like the word RETURNS in there since it just makes it more ****. The 3D environment is also amazing.
Tbh I'd be more happy with 4, returns seems like a slogan for it, nice way to kill numerical value Nintendo. I am hyped for the game as well tbh but I won't say it will be the best, the Wiimote will probably stuff up gameplay for it and prob have annoying gimmicks. Glad to see multiplayer co-op in there though (from what I assume since there was 2 diff life icons)

Mario sports mix looks fun.
Fun party game probably, I worry with so many sports they'll all be lacking

Disney Epic mickey doesn't look too bad actually i might give it a try.
If the presentator could play would be nice. Also the whole erase thing I can see being very limited, I even saw in the demo some things cant be erased.

I'll reserve judgement until a later date, i'ts on a maybe pile

Goldeneye just ****ing amazing.
Daniel Craig...Fml
Nuff' said

NBA Jam just ****ing amazing.
They never even showed it :/, plus have you even played the original Jam series (they were pretty bad ***, but don't know how they'll live in this era)

Metal gear on the 3ds looks ****ing amazing aswell as resident evil farout.
Will it work though without being a stylus fest....Fml stylus

LEGEND OF ZELDA OCARINA OF TIME IN 3D OMFG SOMEONE STAB ME PLEASE. AMAZING ****.
The game was always 3d, but I'm glad to see they've revamped it and redoing from scratch instead of a port or emulation *cough SM64DS cough Collectors edition which vlade needs to return to me*

Mario Kart the new 3DS game looks ****ING AMAZING. SO DOES PAPER MARIO! AND PILOT WINGS! AND STAR FOX ****KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK YEAH!
They're screen shots man...They are fecking screenshots :/

PROFESSOR LAYTON ON THE 3DS AND THE NEW ON DS YAY/.
3d puzzles will be interesting.

SUPER STREET FIGHTER OMG WE MIGHT GET MELEE OR BRAWL OR SMASH 64 IN 3D NOW THAT WOULD BE AMAZING.
You know using or so much in a sentance is really bad grammar........
Street fighter 4 could be good due to the analogue pad, I'm worried about stupid touch screen killing minigames being involved such as charging up your ultra by doing circles, it would kill it for me.

As for Smashbros, it could happen, I won't be surprised if it is...But are we really ready for another smash? 3 of them are out and tbh not to much difference in them

WHAT AN AMAZING SHOW NINTENDO I LOVE YOU AND I PLAN TO BUY MOST THE GAMES YOU ANNOUNCED SOON.
I agree it was a good show, but announce your love of them here, try talking to them about the fetish, or go see a doctor.

I have to much time on my hands..

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
if you want to go all fanboy hows this, nintendo created/invented/pioneered just about everything that some other company has since copy'd...

shoulder buttons, rumble feature, analog sticks, wii remote hog****, 3d platforming, memory cards, wifi (I think), ****tly little avatar things that 360 stole, etc etc
Don't forget the D-Pad. Everything else had been using joysticks or dials until then.

Yet their tech demo stuffed up, you can't blame wifi interference since the Wiimote runs on blutooth, nice try Ninty.
But teh Jay Bee guy says it uses teh why fhy!

Will it work though without being a stylus fest....Fml stylus
Hopefully the analog pad will fix most of those and keep touch to the games that have a practical use for it (IE Maps, menus, Phoenix Wright)

Pete278

Smash Lord
I too dislike it when people get excited and be fanboys about things I don't like. Even if MvC3 looked like it had a playstyle roughly equivalent to Brawl, I'd still love the **** out of it because of all the personality Deadpool has. Sure, some of the things Alzi said were just out and out wrong, and its fine to correct him on that, but I doubt anybody in this thread can say they would objectively look at every game before they come up with an opinion. He's allowed to be excited over screenshots of a game he's excited for, even if they are just screenshots.

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
As for the graphics it's actually more watercolour'd imo..Meh..
Um its IR interference with the recalibration of motion plus which caused it. Also multiple journalist played the game after and said it worked fine when there was massive IR overload.

...Ellipsis...

Smash Lord
TBH Zelda disappointed me a bit in the way that other than the motionplus mechanics theres nothing new and exciting. Although I'm kinda happy thety brought back the ability to shoot stuff from your sword.
Lol wut they didn't announce you could turn into a wolf in twilight princess until a few years after the game was first revealed. There is probably still plenty of stuff that they have yet to show.

Alzi

Smash Master
Marteh i didn't read all that. I am just going to assume what ever you said is wrong lol.

Nintendo ***** E3 this year.

3DS is amazing.

3DS games are amazing

The wii games announced are amazing

The DS games announced are amazing

Nintendo is amazing.

Technodeath you are a ****ing noob for getting a xbox k thx bye.

Yeah All we saw in Zelda was just a taste of a really delicious dish. We have yet to EAT THE WHOLE THING.

Alzi

Smash Master
Oh you saw?

So you didn't feel or try it out? Shame because when you do you will be feeling some 6:9 motion of how sexy it gets.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
yeah, but if you transformed into a wolf, you could transform into LINK! HOLY ****!

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
Kinect and Move are specifically for a subsection of players that cover the market (aka casual players). Nintendo are solely focused on the casual market as they will buy anything unique for the experience. Alzi is making it sound like beating other consoles in the casual market is a great success, while Sony and Microsoft go and make new, unique and most of all actually good games.The Nintendo Wii's announcements were just for the sake of beating a dead horse over and over by remaking a game (not for the graphics considering they really aren't much better to the gamecube >_>) but by adding an alternate way of experiencing it.

Yes I agree that Nintendo did do well at E3 but defiantly not for the Wii, compare other games that are announced for the 360 and PS3 (Portal 2 or MGS Rising anyone ?). The 3DS looks extremely promising only with one exception, once again being the controls possibly harming the experience of these upcoming games.

Alzi you're just a really terrible fanboy that can't actually give any valid points, shut up

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
nah I like alzi's points tak, what you said is kinda wrong imo

oh snap double post, my bad

Zero

Smash Hero
Goddess of Light is a babe.

Link's bowling bombs!

Super Metroid music brings tears to my eyes :'(

New Kirby is so cuuuuuuuuute!

did I miss anything?\

swordsaint

Smash Master
everything nintendo did was pretty good

the only thing im not too sure about is epic mickey. the games in itself actually looks good, but I'm not a fan of multiple endings

suffice to say though, everything else nintendo did made me ****

Alzi

Smash Master
Epic mickey is just an alright game. You would play it till the end complete it then never play it again. It's one of those types of games.

Zero

Smash Hero
Have you played it?

It seems to me that Kid Icarus Wii is going to rival Lylat Wars in terms of terrible soundbites.

Bark like a dog!

Top Bottom