• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 Discussion thread

Technodeath

Smash Champion
Broooo, you Perth boys really need more support, you should reconsider.

And ei3 depends on how many others are going.......
TD, I will pay 30% of your flight costs if you come.
Hmm. Vermy's offer is extremely tempting. I'm just curious though, are you serious when you say that?

Fair enough Tibs. It all depends on what's happening.

Vermy

Smash Champion
I'm dead serious, TD. Perth needs more rep, and there's no other player I'd rather support. Alzi can fornicate himself with a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire, and I'm sure Corpse, Mic and Vlade are spoken for. You may not be of PR status, but you're an active member of the community and as your Sith Lord I wouldn't want my apprentice missing out on any of the action. Looking at current flight costs, if your ticket was $400 I'd pay $120 dollars of that, leaving you with $280 to pay for your flight, as well as my offer for you to stay at my house over the course of RC. Now that I think about it, I could probably push that up to $150. My current financial situation is improving quite well, I just received news that my pay rate goes up to $21.64 an hour, and at 37+ hours a week that leaves, well you do the math. If it sweetens the deal, I'll let you smoke some of my green too. =D

I do understand the level of wubs I am projecting right now, and I want you to know I have never offered this to anyone else. I would however like to take this opportunity to encourage other players to let their generous streak out and try to sponsor low income players from other states. Aussie pride guys, M2K is coming, fantastic. But let's get our boys down here. I will repost this in the Robocop thread when I get home.

Technodeath

Smash Champion
I'm dead serious, TD. Perth needs more rep, and there's no other player I'd rather support. Alzi can fornicate himself with a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire, and I'm sure Corpse, Mic and Vlade are spoken for. You may not be of PR status, but you're an active member of the community and as your Sith Lord I wouldn't want my apprentice missing out on any of the action. Looking at current flight costs, if your ticket was $400 I'd pay $120 dollars of that, leaving you with $280 to pay for your flight, as well as my offer for you to stay at my house over the course of RC. Now that I think about it, I could probably push that up to $150. My current financial situation is improving quite well, I just received news that my pay rate goes up to $21.64 an hour, and at 37+ hours a week that leaves, well you do the math. If it sweetens the deal, I'll let you smoke some of my green too. =D

I do understand the level of wubs I am projecting right now, and I want you to know I have never offered this to anyone else. I would however like to take this opportunity to encourage other players to let their generous streak out and try to sponsor low income players from other states. Aussie pride guys, M2K is coming, fantastic. But let's get our boys down here. I will repost this in the Robocop thread when I get home.
Much love man. I'll do my best to save up for it.

I dont currently have a job, but i get pay through centrelink for being black.
I get roughly 245 per fortnight, but a lot of that goes towards fuel for the car.
food at tafe and things
seeing my girlfriend.
So as i said, I'll do my best to budget it and save so I can rep WA.

I'd also be PR'd if i went to more tournaments imo. :p

C~Dog

Smash Champion
From Halolz

Gamers Mistake Riot for Zombie Apocalypse

Many gamers, upon leaving some E3 after parties Thursday night, were confused to find a large police presence out on the streets of LA. The swathes of police in riot gear, and the prevalence of police helicopters, led many of these gamers to conclude that a zombie outbreak had occurred. It is reported that some offered their services to the police, boasting their Left 4 Dead stats and skills.

“We weren’t really sure what they were talking about,” said one unnamed police officer about his experience with one group, “They seemed pretty drunk, and seemed harmless so we left them alone. Eventually they went away yelling about umbrella and looking for pills or something.”

Reports seem to indicate that most of these after parties had open bars, which possible led to the gamers’ mistake in understanding the situation.

Additionally from what we have been about to piece together the police presence was due to the winning of some sort of non-video game event which occurred at the Staples Center arena. This was the same location Activision used for their press conference a few days earlier. We have contacted Activision, and are waiting to receive word if the two events were in any way connected.

Top Bottom