• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 2011

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
I'm wondering if SSB4 will be like Brawl or back like Melee. Regardless I think it is nice they'll put it on a portable console. Looking at the new console, it isn't bad looking at all.

UberMario

Smash Master
I believe that Nintendo delivered everything that we wanted. Hardcore games, at least PS3-caliber graphics minimum, a new and innovative controller/tablet, significant 3rd party support, and awesome 1st/2nd titles.

The only downside is the system name . . . . . . .

finalark

SNORLAX
Wii-u is as much a console as the Sega 32X and Sega CD was people.
I have to agree with this. I'm not buying into it. They did nothing but showed it being used alongside Wii controllers and accessories. The focus was entirely on the controller, without a single idea of what the console will look like or its specs in sight.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Don't tell me that I missed this?

**** man, why the hell did outsiders invade my bus today? I would've gotten home earlier to see this. **** man, this was the only thing I wanted to see all year and I missed it because other people invaded my bus

And then I find a stream on my phone which stops working right when Reggie announced the new Mario Kart

Can someone tell me what happened this conference after that?
Honestly, just wait til you get home and look it up on youtube.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I honestly want Smash 4 to hark back to Smash 64's physics but w/e.

It has an SD card slot?

*FF2 Emperor laughter*

That controller is a prototype BTW, like the Boomerang PS3 controller of 2006.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Way to go Nintendo, you gave us an iPad with buttons.

D

Deleted member

Will buy the console just for the new Smash, but the question is if it will be worth it overall for other games. I want a mix of hardcore and (good) casual games, not just one or the other.

@UberMario: You pretty much have my positive. That said, I'll need to review all three conferences again. And yes, the name does kind of suck, but then again, people may have said the same thing about the SNES if it was revealed today.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Was I the only one who thought that the graphics don't look as good as PS3 and 360?

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
I really don't think that Nintendo was ready to reveal this, if it wasn't for the leaks I think the WiiU would've had maybe 10 minutes of face time at most in the presentation. Otherwise, the conference could've been worse (Microsoft last year). Everything announced will make next year's presentation sick!

Also, the new Mario Kart looked legit. :D

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Will buy the console just for the new Smash, but the question is if it will be worth it overall for other games. I want a mix of hardcore and (good) casual games, not just one or the other.
Batman Arcame City and Assassins Creed for a start shows it's gettin some real hardcore love for a change.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I believe that Nintendo delivered everything that we wanted. Hardcore games, at least PS3-caliber graphics minimum, a new and innovative controller/tablet, significant 3rd party support, and awesome 1st/2nd titles.

The only downside is the system name . . . . . . .
Agreed.

I can't be the only one who was impressed with the controller...

finalark

SNORLAX
Its sad that I had to go to IGN just to find a picture of what the ****ing console looks like for me to believe it's not a Wii attachment.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Let's just hope the next installment gets a bit of it's hardcore roots, casual gaming is fine, but competative is what's gonna reay take the series even further.

Lol at the guy rushing home

:phone:

D

Deleted member

Batman Arcame City and Assassins Creed for a start shows it's gettin some real hardcore love for a change.
I see that, but I think people's main problem with the Wii-U aside from the name is that the hardware was not revealed and that there weren't really many confirmed Nintendo games (Only Smash 4 IIRC).

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
It seems that Nintendo set up for a good E3 this year [Catching up], So that's 3 year streak of decency for them. :p Well, except 1 and 3 of the streak are/will be epic wins.

Sony won thier year, though.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
It's just too early to tell what this new console can do. Plus with all the time they can work on it they can add new features and software to it.

And prays it won't like as laggy. Brawl is bad with lag.......

Top Bottom