• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 2011

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
i have no idea. sd cards or external hard drives maybe?

so far i am not sold on wii u. unless dreamcast & saturn emulation is possible i'll pass on wii u.
You know the SD slot means that the modders will be all over it, especially if it supports SDHC cards like the Wii after 2009.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I want to see if Assassins creed and Batman look and play as good as the PS360 version.

I'm literally not buying it lol

D

Deleted member

I don't think we'll see GC being backward compatible and instead have it made available on the Virtual Console.

Already the Wii-U is looking better to me.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
LOOOOOOL

So what Zelda game did they show in the Wii U previews?

TP? O_o

Help me, Spire lol

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Holy crap I hope some FF:Chrystal Chronicle copies spring up utilizing it. And I can't wait to see what else they do with it. Inventory management on controller display? Yessssss.
Haha, same here. FF:CC was a blast on the GC with GBA controllers. I also always wanted to play that pacman game that would have one person using the GBA to controll pacman with the whole maze while the 3 ghosts use GC controllers with a small prt of the screen showing what's around their ghost.

They said that DLC will be possible. How can there be that with no internal hard drive?
The Wii has DLc without an internal harddrive.

We saw more of the Vita than the Wii-u.
The Vita's due out this year isn't it? The Wii U's not til late next year.

D

Deleted member

The Wii has DLc without an internal harddrive.
Yes, but only limited DLC. If Wii-U has a hard drive, which is looks by the games announced, it means better DLC.

It's not that Wii doesn't have DLC, just that it can't store the larger DLC's.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
And did you take a look at that Wii support from nitnendo?

They're really pulling out some punches with that console before it goes out

:awesome:

finalark

SNORLAX
Haha, same here. FF:CC was a blast on the GC with GBA controllers.
I third the CC statement.

I think a real squeal with game play like the GC original would be really fun on the Wii U. Especially with some online play in addition to local.

Speaking of online, I hope to hear more about Nintendo's new online program soon.

Spire

III
BRoomer
LOOOOOOL

So what Zelda game did they show in the Wii U previews?

TP? O_o

Help me, Spire lol
LOOOOOOL

Player-4 is over right now and we've been talking about it nonstop. It's either a new game (looks like it) or just a demo created to demonstrate the graphical capabilities. Then again, OoT3D was just a "demo" at last year's E3 but now it's coming out in full form this month.

I was a bit disappointed with Ninty only because everything felt like a giant tease. We saw a lot of footage of a lot of things, but not much of what I wanted. No F-Zero, brief Skyward Sword info, and well, aside from that Zelda Wii U tease and "New Super Mario Bros. Mii", nothing Nintendo-related for the new console. Though that's what rumors were saying before E3.

D

Deleted member

Why? We've got 16 gig SD cards now.
Hard drives are cheaper and people are more willing to use that then SD cards. Just look at the Wii's hard drive, it's horrible and Nintendo must fix that.

finalark

SNORLAX
Like I said, no Game Cube controller. I know how much everyone hates change, but I want to get Smash 4 a chance with the Wii U controller before I write it out for good.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ Can't wait to see some gameplay for Kirby Wii and Kirby's Mass Attack. =D

☯ Now that the Wii-U is HD, finally some 3rd Party games I like will be on Wii as well. I think now is a good time to get a 3DS after knowing when the games I'm looking forward to finally has a release date. Oh and SSB4. =D

BSP

Smash Legend
I think it's time to start learning classic controller. We knew GC wouldn't last forever.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Hold it guys. After looking at the Wii again, the Disc slot to console dimension ratio isn't that different from the Wii-u subtracting that stand..

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I think it's time to start learning classic controller. We knew GC wouldn't last forever.
☯ It's different, and takes time to get use to, (mostly if you use Pro), but you find it better to play with than GC. =3

☯ Let's just hope the new Smash Bros supports Classic controller.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
"I'm not getting SBB4 anymore just because I know I won't be able to use a GC controller despite the fact that we know absolutely NOTHING about how good this game could be."

Not sure if serious.
lol oh, he is and they are many like him.

I don't feel sorry for any of them lol

S

smash brawl player 99021

Good to see Animal Crossing on that list, bad there's no Pikmin. :mad:

finalark

SNORLAX
We'll see how the scale is on the Wii U when it comes out or when we got more details about the console.

Regardless, it looks like this rather stagnate FPS-filled gen is finally coming to a close. I wonder how things will go next gen.

Top Bottom