• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Duke Biweeklies has a new thread. It should be above this one in the tournament list

stingers

Smash Obsessed
why cuz of chris' tournament?
alcohol is present at every nc tourney
if this is the first time you noticed,
then they're already hiding it pretty well

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
I mean I don't have a problem with alcohol at a tourney. Just please don't do it out in the open. Like seriously, considering the doors are wide open and people walk in and out and can see/smell everything, I don't want an issue is all. Its just we apparently have some really inconsiderate/dumb people in NC smash who apparently do dumb **** and piss RAs off.

Foxy

Smash Master
yes things happen at most tournaments that aren't quite proper or legal but

not every tournament has drinking, and NONE of the 14 tournaments i've hosted have had any alcohol in the venue ever (unless people had some for brief periods concealed or something). i honestly don't mind it much, and i've never made a big point of rules about it or told people specifically not to, but it seems that everyone so far has had the common sense that at all of these public venues they shouldn't be doing anything illegal (i'm sure things were done off-site which is completely fine)

so i'm actually pretty happy with NC in that regard, i've never ever had an incident.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
I am glad things have gone well so far for you...but after reading that GITG crisis thread and the trouble that Black Chris might be facing, I want to go ahead and take measures to prevent **** like that. It seems to me to be obvious to not drink openly in a public venue. But apparently, that's not so obvious otherwise Black Chris wouldn't be facing the trouble he is right now. So I want to go ahead and make clear that drinking on the premises will not be tolerated. Go outside, go to your car, go to the main quad, go behind a building, go to a bathrooom. But DO NOT do it in the common room. Sounds like common sense but apparently common sense was not granted to all NC smashers.

edit: I just want to make sure that people know this is being directed only at a few members. I know most of NC knows better. And I am thankful to them. And this is in no way meant to be an assault on them. But I want to continue hosting these tourneys here and I don't want 3 or 4 people to jeopardize them. So thankyou to most of NC. To those few who need to get their act together: get your act together.

Foxy

Smash Master
i guess there might have been a feel at the venue that it was more of a common room where nobody cares, more like melee dukes, but apart from just that, all the other public venue tournaments have seen good behavior because a lot of us have at least some common sense.

although i wish people would remember to pick up after themselves more. i know everyone intends to pick up their trash but almost everyone gets distracted and it gets left there all day. it's not a big deal, and just takes 10 mins of cleaning at the end of the event for me, gives me something productive to do, but it anyone wants to make progress in terms of venue behavior in nc, i think just remembering your trash would bring more change than focusing on drinking/smoking

hrehre

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
edit: I just want to make sure that people know this is being directed only at a few members. I know most of NC knows better. And I am thankful to them. And this is in no way meant to be an assault on them. But I want to continue hosting these tourneys here and I don't want 3 or 4 people to jeopardize them. So thankyou to most of NC. To those few who need to get their act together: get your act together.

Is this going to be ANOTHER thread where everyone points fingers at me?

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
snap I deliberately left names out. There were 4 people's names that came up and I could have posted them had I wanted to. But I chose not to. I want to go ahead and confront people without outright embarrassing them or openly showing my dissatisfaction of them individually in public.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Freaking Snap, he did everything wrong. >:U

:awesome:

IDK If I would be allowed to go to another one for a while. =/

stingers

Smash Obsessed
so yeah...i might not be able to make this one again lol. mom's birthday is the 6 and she has plans for the weekend and wants me to stay home. we'll see...

Top Bottom