• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Duke Biweeklies has a new thread. It should be above this one in the tournament list

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
Another thing holding us back was the Football game.

@Anthony/LDPK - Sorry I was salty after out low tiers match. I was butthurt about getting CG'd and SDing. :c
Oh yeah, forgot about the parking problems. I think next time I'm going to actually take everyone to central campus that way they know where they can park next time. It's just a bus ride/ 10 minute walk away.

Time for Shoutouts:

Kadaj: You're ****....**** you ;)

Sushi-Man: well you just ****....and Zelda's forward smash isn't overpowered

Mekos: good **** in the tourney. Glad you decided to come

Shady Penguin: yeah, I do hate penguins. Get over it. You keep on proving me more and more right. Penguins (especially the shady ones) suck at brawl.

Rocketpsience: great job in tourney. Had lots of fun playing friendlies with you and talking. Send me a link to the recorded matches. I would eventually like to upload them to the Duke Biweeklies channel too so as to have all of them in the same place.

LDPK: God, playing you is so different now. I was ***** by you every time we last played. Now I can actually go toe to toe with you in tourney and friendlies. Can wait until we meet next time. BTW, you're really fun. Hope you can make more of these. And that pika hat. BTW2, what's up with the pika hat? BTW3, I don't think that the pika MU is that bad for falco actually. It just seems to revolve around mind games and good spacing. So, don't be surprised when I actually use him against your pika in tourney ;)

Stock: you talk a lot of ****. Lucky you're good otherwise I you'd just sound stupid. And that's really sweet of you to teach your brother this game and bring him along ;) Really glad you came. Hope to see more of you. And we need to have more friendlies with your best characters!!!!

Fyre: OMG this was the first tourney we've ever talked. I always thought you were just the quiet girl who sat in the corner and then came and ***** and left without saying a word. I was so wrong. You're really good at this game and a good person to talk to ;) Was surprised how quickly you picked up the Zelda MU and how good you were at getting to read my Falco even with all the mind games I was using. Good ****!

Pi: you're really cool. I thought you were a scrub. I was wrong. Glad that I was wrong. Since we live so close by each other, we should do some brawl on the weekends (like this weekend ;))

313: you seem to be getting good at reading my MK. But don't think you can apply that to other MKs (except for spacing, cancels, etc.) cause my MK is so scrub. But what you really are starting to shine at is noticing patterns in play and reading what I'm about to do. That's why you beat me this time -- good job. But don't worry, I'm actually working on my MK. And my Zelda is actually improving. You really gonna have to work hard to get that MU. But my falco is almost ready to break out in tourney. Be prepared.

Arc: samus....that's all I really need to say. ugh! lol j/k. Great job in tourney and friendlies. Hope I get to see you some more.

DJRome: Your falco is getting pretty good. Glad to see that. I've already offered you a wii+brawl like 3 times. If you actually want to do brawl tourney's, falco is a character you need to practice that tech skill with. You should take me up on the offer. Almost everything I've learned about falco was by training mode.

The GODehT: wow, you are the biggest surprise this state has ever and probably will ever see. You've been to what, like 2 tourneys? And you're already placing so well. Good ****! And our team was actually pretty good. I was very surprised to see how far we got. We should do that more often ;)

Mizu: what can I say to you that I've not already said. You suck and you're just a common scrub. Sorry :( LOL j/k. I think you're the funnest guy who shows up to these tourneys. I love playing with you. I hope you show to all of them!!!!

Werk: wow. You play samus. And you're good. But playing you has been one of my biggest obstacles. We've gone about even in friendlies ever since we met (if you ignore the Ike's, you probably beat me 60:40). But you've sent me to loser's/eliminated me from every tourney. And I finally beat you in tourney. That was my biggest accomplishment. Thanks for playing your best against me in tourney and friendlies. If not, I would probably never learned this MU. Good ****. Hope to see you more at tourney's (and in them haha).

Purple Boots: Glad to see you. I've only seen you at like 2 or 3 tourneys. I wish you came more. I <3 fox players.

Cake: good stuff. Lot better than I expected. Lucky you have a good brother to teach you this game.

Dr. Yogi: You play Mario. that makes you cool from the start. we'll have to play more. You're really cool to play with/talk to. Hope to see you more of these and all of 313's tourneys!!!

KillerSOS: you got bracket****ed. I'm really sorry about that. It was all my fault for not entering you in at the right time. Please forgive me :(. Hope to see you at more of these. That bracket stuff will never happen again. You're so good at this game and you play a ****-*** Olimar. Good ****.

I love NC Smash. Thankyou all for coming and thanks to all who helped me clean-up/carry televisions. Hope to see you all more often!

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
did he go jiggs in low tiers?

he played jiggs in melee. used to hate it haha. he told me he still played it sometimes, but i was wondering if that was his LT main that beat sushi, or if it was something else.

Marly

Smash Journeyman
**** it, Jerred.

I'm getting Sushi-man to take me with him the next biweekly.

Foxy

Smash Master
i will come to this next one whenever it is

and i will do what i was planning to do at the last one before i had narrowly CRISIS AVERTED friday night

which is

do my best to win
for once

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
i will come to this next one whenever it is

and i will do what i was planning to do at the last one before i had narrowly CRISIS AVERTED friday night

which is

do my best to win
for once
no sandbagging? :surprised::surprised::surprised: :surprised::surprised::surprised:

Foxy

Smash Master
i have some major new tools in my life since about a month ago, been assisting hugely in school and i can manage to ignore the urge to sandbag much better if it ever came up (never have sandbagged before but i have a feeling i might)

lots of reasons

i was planning on putting on a real show at my last tourney (not in my usual way but by actually winning)

but i didn't have the freedom to practice leading up to the tournament like i wanted

and i still thought i could do it, but i was non-stop TO'ing as usual and im always in denial about entering my own events

from now on, hosting is going to be hosting, i won't enter my own events unless they can somehow not count for pr's, because it's still fun to play tourney sets during the day while i host (makes up for never being able to wait for friendlies), but they will wreck my record

i hadn't played brawl since mlg, and was still confident i could take the event, but realized how out of reach that was when the first time i touched a controller that day was in my first round tournament set. i felt like i picked it up quickly, but it's just not comparable to already knowing how to play, and practicing competitively.

i still had fun, but realized that even if i have a newfound confidence/capability with smash, i shouldn't hold myself to expectations of winning a difficult event, or doing well at it, when touching a game for the first time in months in tournament, and often times dealing with TO duties DURING every set (not that i mind, i like to run things well), when most of the other players have been able to warm up at the event, or the night before, or whatever they managed.

/emo rant filled with johns (i think?)

Foxy

Smash Master
cant even count how many times people have said that to me

always fail fail fail

actually, ironically, i have had better luck/consistency with placings in both games than almost anyone in NC prior to 6-12 months ago, i think i placed a lot higher when i was still seen as a scrub than i do now.

funny how i always just prove wrong whatever expectations there are

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
foxy, i completely understand.

trying to run a tourney well and play is a challenge. luckily, once my tourney got started, things kind of ran themselves. I also have faith in you foxy, and believe that with practice and effort, you have great potential.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
Well, I've decided on the 4th for a date.

And the last 2 tournaments have been really clean but I want to take all efforts to avoid a situation like that of greensboro. With that being said, please don't consume alcohol or drugs on the premises. You can go away from the actual venue and do whatever you want and put yourself at risk, but please don't do it right there. It's no secret that Duke is lenient with alcohol......drugs....not so much. So you can be drunk at the venue so long as you are not causing serious problems. The RAs are really cool and aren't going to hassle me. However, drinking alcohol in a public place or enjoying "green greens" is not going to fly with them. Do it somewhere else and then come back to the venue. Thankyou.

Stockfield

Smash Champion
Yeah I really want to, but I work from 9-6 Monday to Friday so the weekend and Friday are pretty much the only days I can do anything.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
The reason i made the comment about the last tournament being clean was because literally every other duke event has had some kind of substance use rofl.

there have been +10 duke tournaments, pretty sure if we were going to get in trouble it would have happened by now.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
The reason i made the comment about the last tournament being clean was because literally every other duke event has had some kind of substance use rofl.

there have been +10 duke tournaments, pretty sure if we were going to get in trouble it would have happened by now.
still I would feel much better if people would please leave the actual venue and do what they need to do elsewhere. there are plenty of other locations on campus that they can do such things. Just don't do it right there where RAs come and watch.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
my concern was more with alcohol....

considering that the RAs came into the venue like 3 or 4 times and were really cool I realize that the RAs will probably come in every time and I don't want an issue like that at Greensboro from 1 or 2 people walking around with a bottle of 4 lokos in their hand

I thought it would be obvious that you shouldn't do that....but apparently it isn't

Top Bottom