• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Duke Biweeklies has a new thread. It should be above this one in the tournament list

*CT*

Smash Lord
I didn't read the first post, but maybe you should try to host these the same weekends as Melee, just not the same place, but on campus. So that melee and brawl people can hang out ;)

I mean, it would benefit me more to play Melee people and try to get better at that game too xP and then I could still play brawl after getting lost on campus.

Just throwing it up in the air.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
I didn't read the first post, but maybe you should try to host these the same weekends as Melee, just not the same place, but on campus. So that melee and brawl people can hang out ;)
I actually thought about that but I think Stingers and Snap are part of both communities and I would hate to make them pick. But sure if enough people want them to happen the same weekends, I'd be up for that. I just didn't want to 'split' the communities by forcing people to choose between the two. But yeah, it would be good if people wanted to hang out.

*CT*

Smash Lord
I also play both of the games (also Foxy) , hence why I'd want to go when its two events on both days. I'm sure it'd make rides better for some people as well and they'd get more out of it, no clue though. It was just a sporadic idea, without all too much thought.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
Well, I guess it would make sense to hold them on the same weeks then, so long as people it want it that way.

-mugen-

Smash Journeyman
@seth: guess what's goin on =OOOOO

@ZR: can u at least put that i'm banned in the title?

also, plz dont host these on the same weekends as melee....

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
cam is a ***.

ban his ***.

i like the idea of same weekend, different place. i think i like having the brawlers nearby to eat with and stuff (even though i've yet to do that...) but having their side of the tourney start at 9 and go till 2 am just doesn't seem fair for them in a competitive stance at all. plus, it means that whatever setups they bring are theirs, and whatever setups melee brings, are melee's. and i know i'm personally tired of random wii's being strapped to my tv every tourney cause none of the brawlers thought enough to actually bring tv's...

yay for more brawl tourneys!

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
cam is a ***.

ban his ***.

i like the idea of same weekend, different place. i think i like having the brawlers nearby to eat with and stuff (even though i've yet to do that...) but having their side of the tourney start at 9 and go till 2 am just doesn't seem fair for them in a competitive stance at all. plus, it means that whatever setups they bring are theirs, and whatever setups melee brings, are melee's. and i know i'm personally tired of random wii's being strapped to my tv every tourney cause none of the brawlers thought enough to actually bring tv's...

yay for more brawl tourneys!
lmao get ***** by some bad brawl ganon main nc brawl. BlackTrueChrisDarkness
you guys are really **** at this game.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
this is not a troll:

why aren't final smashes allowed? Wasn't it a way for sakurait to rebalance some characters? Ganons a horrible char, but with the FS he has a way to clear the screen. Mk is amazing, but he has a readily avoidable final smash if you see it. And marth is good, but if you miss his fs, it's often a self destruct. The game seems a little more balanced with this destruction, and I think they should be brought back in these tourneys.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
It is an illegitimately taken stock due to chance positioning. Would you be okay with suddenly losing your stock at 30%?

I would be fine with them during Doubles because there is a risk and low tiers+items because they aren't particularly broken among the lower echilon, but not actual singles.

Lol at implying Sakurai trying to balance Brawl.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
this is not a troll:

why aren't final smashes allowed? Wasn't it a way for sakurait to rebalance some characters? Ganons a horrible char, but with the FS he has a way to clear the screen. Mk is amazing, but he has a readily avoidable final smash if you see it. And marth is good, but if you miss his fs, it's often a self destruct. The game seems a little more balanced with this destruction, and I think they should be brought back in these tourneys.
i actually said the same thing lolololol

they are basically like supers or ultras. All of them are easy to over come.
YES EVEN FALCOS!!

and ****, i'd come to this.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
this is not a troll:

I used to say this when I mained Zelda. Cause with it, Zelda is broken. She gets it in 2 din's; or if your opponent is dumb enough to hit it first, she gets it in one dins. And then your opponent is too scared to approach cause it's autodeath. It gives her unlimited stage control. They can just spend the next few minutes trying to bait it so they can dodge it.

But yeah, a tourney with smashballs on sounds fun......but I don't think it would fly.

So right now we have what 4 people interested? I was hoping more of NC was itching for more tourneys. Like I see this thread has over 100 views. I just wish that the people who view this would say they were interested or not.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
ZR whenever duke is mentioned we automatically assume it's melee. And some people are blind. Post this in the brawl pr thread and im sure more people will want this.

*CT*

Smash Lord
Whatever, I'm not even gonna try to argue, all I see is someone who is trying to host more brawl tournaments in NC, which I approve.

DJRome

Smash Hero
the reason for each reputation as a locus for their respective games is because of the relative distribution of players

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
the reason for each reputation as a locus for their respective games is because of the relative distribution of players
like are you actually going to be upset if I host brawl tourneys? Like I hope you are just trolling. I don't think it really matters where the tourneys are held so long as they are held.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
If ZR wants to host at duke on days that wouldnt interfere with duke melee i dont see why not.

Also maybe you guys could quit being *****es and host a tournament together

Didnt you say you dont do brawl because you dont have anyone to host DJ?

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
If ZR wants to host at duke on days that wouldnt interfere with duke melee i dont see why not.

Also maybe you guys could quit being *****es and host a tournament together

Didnt you say you dont do brawl because you dont have anyone to host DJ?
I like the idea of hosting a tourney together........but just a few things. We would need to find a much bigger venue than a common room (we'd have to borrow a classroom or something). I want to run low tiers also so we would always be pressed for time. And then we would have to decide if we were to run melee in the morning and brawl in the evening.....which I'm sure would pizz the melee community which is used to playing friendlies when the tourney ends. But if both communities want it, I wouldn't have a problem with it. Honestly, I am just trying to make sure there are more brawl tourneys in NC......its hard to get better when only a few tourneys are being held lol.

DJRome

Smash Hero
i mean u guys can do what you want; i have no preference. my opinion is based on their perceived success

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
why did you guys jump down dj's throat? Duke is known for melee cuz duke/chapel hill is where all the melee players generally are. NCSU has a lot of brawl players. He didn't say anything about not hosting together. Do you guys even read his posts?

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
^ well that's only cuz it's been like peripheral to the melee tournaments.

if there's actually a brawl player running a biweekly, with it's own actual thread, at a distinct location on duke campus, i don't see why more brawl players wouldn't come. before it was just too subordinate for anyone to even take note of... u have to make this **** official, and this is the right step to do that.

attendance i think would only suffer if u ran both melee and brawl on the same day.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
I didn't jump down DJ's throat; got too much respect for him to do that; I was just confused as to whether he was trolling me or being serious and saying tthat I should not hold tourneys

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
duke=melee, state=brawl, idk mang
this is basically saying keep to the status quo.......i.e. no brawl or at least it seems that way

but I in no way jumped down his throat; all I did was ask if he was being serious or just trolling

edit: DJ I am sorry if you felt attacked by anyone in the brawl community. No post was (probably) meant to directly attack you. It was just unclear what you meant. I have a lot of respect for the melee community and I don't want to interfere with your tournaments. That's why I am doing them in a different location and probably on different dates (unless the communities want them on the same dates).

btw, TrueDarkness, I'm an English minor ;)

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
like are you actually going to be upset if I host brawl tourneys? Like I hope you are just trolling. I don't think it really matters where the tourneys are held so long as they are held.
he explained himself pretty well with his post. It seems apparent that he doesn't care where things are held, but he just notes that many brawl players live in raleigh, and many melee players live or have easy access to dukes campus. He didn't really state anything more than that.

just seemed odd for people to misinterpret his post. But it seems that you respect the melee community. I guess that's enoug for me *shrug*

:ganondorf:

Top Bottom