• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DSO Biweekly 9 ~Philly, PA~ 10/18/09 Results! MK Banned

judge!

Smash Ace
the whole snake **** IC isnt very true anymore. esp if the snake doesnt know the match u can get killed fast. they have a solo popo CG that does like 90% or some crap. its probebly 45-55 in the future swordguard has the matchup on lockdown

Inui

Banned via Warnings
i wasnt posting the characters for ankokous list or w.e, i honestly didnt kno if that was still being made. i just put em so ppl kno who played who
It's still being made and the standard he set where only characters that actually win count should be adhered to.

IC's broken as F***!
qft

Ban ICs if MK is banned.

**** ICs are hot. Go Max. Were any vids of this guy recorded?
It's just ICs grabbing people and killing them with MK banned. What is exciting or skillful or impressive about that?

the whole snake **** IC isnt very true anymore. esp if the snake doesnt know the match u can get killed fast. they have a solo popo CG that does like 90% or some crap. its probebly 45-55 in the future swordguard has the matchup on lockdown
qft

OverLade

Smash Hero
It's just ICs grabbing people and killing them with MK banned. What is exciting or skillful or impressive about that?
Without MK ICs would be very difficult to fight, no doubt. But it's fun watching good players outspace them, seperate, and gimp them. Sure it's gay, but I think it's far hype to watch, and it's definetly not impossible. Plus CP stages can even up the playing field.

I dont think MK is that bannable, I think people should just man up and use the top 7 characters. MK mediates ICs well, I'll agree with that though.

judge!

Smash Ace
lol even with mk IC r hard =P. and rob doesnt counter ic so noone say it!

Inui

Banned via Warnings
lol wow everyone lost to inescapable nearly unavoidable CGing. Who is max, and why did he also get last in teams. Is he good, or did he win from infinites? Update me people cuz I was not here.
He understands his character and does infinites. That's about it.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
5: Vex Kasrani - My partner doesn't know hwo to adjust :(
7: Eazy - Nice sets in singles, Im gonna learn the marth matchup. I missed a few ko's because i glidetossed my bananas up instead of forward because of my controller.
7: AndyG Really nice guy, nice sets.
9: Ebo Hopefully I dont get in trouble :)
9: Squall Shouldve beat max in winners and losers
9: Nasty How did you know I was yoshididdy?:!
9: chimpakt Almost got last place?
13: KingToon Scrub
13: TUSM Team with me
13: ChiboSempai nice tourney
13: Xzax GO MK
17: Aztec Avenger I saw you:p
17: Phillyrider Dont get mad
25: MIB Your ness on brinstar is legit

STEPH ADJUSTTTTTTTTTTTTTt
you cant just rely on kirby ciding. It's dumb.

Oh I 6 stocked max and his partner twice in teams :O

Aztec Avenger

Smash Journeyman
1: Max: No wonder I kept losing to your ICs during friendlies, but I beat all your other characters. :D
2: Atomsk: Nice seeing the WeeGee dance LIVE.
3: Rookie: That fox is made of ****.
4: Inui: .....Uh....Good Grand Finals.
5: Vex Kasrani: 5th is Enough Bowser.
7: AndyG: Nice seeing you again, I like that Olimar. :D
9: Nasty: HADUKEN HADUKEN HADUKEN HADUKEN HADUKEN HADUKEN
9: chimpakt: YoshiDiddy, I saw you too, nice job in singles.
13: KingToon:I only faced you in doubles, but I already know that TL is good.
13: TUSM: Sorry if I did bad in Doubles, but good stuff on that Piano.
13: ChiboSempai: Be any later?:chuckle:
17: Fury HADUKEN HADUKEN HADUKEN HADUKEN HADUKEN HADUKEN HADUKEN
17: Aztec Avenger: Pick it up!!!!!
17: Phillyrider: Awesome friendlies, spammiest Peach I've ever faced.
25: .com: Funniest dude there.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I hate how everyone is so pissed at ICs from a single event with a single ICs placing well. He barely even abused the CG, no where near the extent of other ICs like lain and meep. give the kid some cred wtf.

Palpi

Smash Hero
I think that banning MK and nothing else (CG infinite) is the root of the conflict, not the actual chain grabs. Though I don't really care...also I wasn't even there :)

Just Max

Smash Rookie
um

i wasn't the only ice climber there

3-1 isn't destroyed or ***** by my standards at least >.>

Inui- hadn't played meta all day and didn't want to do the MM in the first place but you were quite insistent on it....... regardless it's not like i'm denying your a better player then me just getting some of my own johns in

i'm from PA and I'm not really in the scene often

i had lot's of fun and didn't expect to win at all

I got last in doubles because I partnered with my friend whose, not so hot at smash, and i don't play doubles often

I also loled at the 6 stock, kirby on the ledge is lmao unexpected X 10

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
um

i wasn't the only ice climber there

3-1 isn't destroyed or ***** by my standards at least >.>

Inui- hadn't played meta all day and didn't want to do the MM in the first place but you were quite insistent on it....... regardless it's not like i'm denying your a better player then me just getting some of my own johns in

i'm from PA and I'm not really in the scene often

i had lot's of fun and didn't expect to win at all

I got last in doubles because I partnered with my friend whose, not so hot at smash, and i don't play doubles often

I also loled at the 6 stock, kirby on the ledge is lmao unexpected X 10
Regardless great job in singles.

"This guy don't even play on allisbrawl or even got a smashboards account. He only played one other tournament. His join date on smashboards gonna be tomorrow!" -Philly rider

LMAO

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
no hbox you miss the point he wants to ban MK when MK is an EXTREMELY overrated character while things such as ICs broken **** is allowed which is much worse by comparison. If Max, who I hear is his 2nd tourney ever, won with ICs without even abusing infinites, then imagine how broken the character is with infinites. I don't think Lain or Meep nearly use the character to their full potential, cuz they fall for the same **** I do over and over and over again when they have other moves they don't even bother to try to use. The character as a whole is top tier, then with infinites they can be god tier.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
no hbox you miss the point he wants to ban MK when MK is an EXTREMELY overrated character while things such as ICs broken **** is allowed which is much worse by comparison. If Max, who I hear is his 2nd tourney ever, won with ICs without even abusing infinites, then imagine how broken the character is with infinites. I don't think Lain or Meep nearly use the character to their full potential, cuz they fall for the same **** I do over and over and over again when they have other moves they don't even bother to try to use. The character as a whole is top tier, then with infinites they can be god tier.
I'll cosign on this.

LoL is there ever a brawl tourney with out drama LMAO.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Chibo just wanted to try it out...Not the end of the world...People need to chillax, especially if they weren't even at the event.

Gratz to Atomsk/Max/Rookie/Inui

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
No. It is obviously the end of the world.

People will rage a sea of rage and an IC ban debate shall arise, spawning not 3, but FOUR WHOLE POLLS. In which everyone will start *****ing at each other and SBR.

There will be rage. There will be trolls. There will be tears, and IC mains will feel the pain MK mains feel.

IC's will become the 2010 scrub character and the other half of TX will ban ICs.

It will become a travesty that will **** the world of Smash as we know it.

2012. The end of competitive Smash.

Max has cameth. Max has rapeth. He shall leave, but the day he comes, shall spell apocalypse to all.

2012/10/18.

The prophet has spoken.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
No. It is obviously the end of the world.

People will rage a sea of rage and an IC ban debate shall arise, spawning not 3, but FOUR WHOLE POLLS. In which everyone will start *****ing at each other and SBR.

There will be rage. There will be trolls. There will be tears, and IC mains will feel the pain MK mains feel.

IC's will become the 2010 scrub character and the other half of TX will ban ICs.

It will become a travesty that will **** the world of Smash as we know it.

2012. The end of competitive Smash.

Max has cameth. Max has rapeth. He shall leave, but the day he comes, shall spell apocalypse to all.

2012/10/18.

The prophet has spoken.
So he has spoke so shall it be

T3h Albino

Smash Master
**** get ****ed up PA.
Congratulations on your success Max. I hope to hear more of your success the more tournaments you enter.

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
Nana locking Snake's all over New York City
1: Max - I got you next time don't worry
2: Atomsk - Ima just camp next time XD
3: Rookie - You should've taken 1st
4: Inui - Teams was so amazing
5: Vex Kasrani - Fox vs BowWow AGAIN!!! XD
5: Keitaro - Falco is the most stupidest piece of sh...
7: Eazy - My last girl was my height XD
9: Squall - 8 walls 6 Walk-Offs, D3 ***** Delfino.
13: ChiboSempai - Good set. R.O.B. doesnt beat Fox is any way shape or form.
17: Aztec Avenger - Oli gets on my nerves sometimes XD
17: Yes - PAWNCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
25: Bnzaaa - Hit Pierce up for practice.
25: .com - Ay Ay Watch where you walkin' ***** LOL
25: Allied (Forfeit) - Great see'in you

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
Why is that every time I try a high-tier character out, I get ***-***** by some guy and then almost win when I use Ganon on him? I thought Ganon was supposed to be terrible. What's happening here?

Lack of Ganon challenges made me sad. Shoutouts at a later date.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
13: ChiboSempai - Good set. R.O.B. doesnt beat Fox is any way shape or form.
he so does! lol

though I certainly didn't know about that about his dair, interesting bit of info you told me which I've already decided will change up my style a bit now in the matchup, but I still just can't see fox winning the matchup.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Why is that every time I try a high-tier character out, I get ***-***** by some guy and then almost win when I use Ganon on him? I thought Ganon was supposed to be terrible. What's happening here?

It's because I wasn't there.
I'm sorry. :(

Aztec Avenger

Smash Journeyman

Were you that guy with the Ganon Picture of your chest? I didn't get your name that the tourney.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
Were you that guy with the Ganon Picture of your chest? I didn't get your name that the tourney.
I was the guy with the Ganon picture, and my Smashboards name is the one I go with at tournaments, so yeah, it's Clai.

Thanks for the Olimar practice. I have to use Marth on that one since there's no chance that my main can beat an Olimar player if he/she has any brains.

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
9: Nasty How did you know I was yoshididdy?:!
I watched your match with xzax, that's how >.>

9: Nasty: HADUKEN HADUKEN HADUKEN HADUKEN HADUKEN HADUKEN
17: Fury HADUKEN HADUKEN HADUKEN HADUKEN HADUKEN HADUKEN HADUKEN
you mad? just bc i healed 300+% in our doubles match and JV 4stocked you guys doesn't mean i'm good. lol, nah, that was a fun match.

SHOUTOUTS:
1: Max ~ good sh*t dude. i just wish i knew that you had MU experience against a good lucas XD... congrats!

2: Atomsk ~ fun doubles matches... we almost had you guys game 1... soooo close

4: Inui ~ did not play, but good to see u.

5: Vex Kasrani ~ ugh, Vex's Bowser > Nasty's Lucas

5: Keitaro ~ nice placement. Our dubz matches were fun. smart call by going diddy on us, you almost had us there.

7: Eazy ~ thanks for the compliments on my lucas. that marth is looking good. we have to play lucas vs marth sometime bc that MU is hella hard for the little boy.

7: AndyG ~ comes back from a 5 month hiatus and takes 7th! what?! good sh*t my dude. fun friendlies and fun Dubz matches... Me and Fury should've won that set though :ohwell:

9: Ebo ~ nice seeing you

9: Squall ~ i honestly thought CPing Brinstar would've been in our advantage but apparently not, lol. gg's.

9: Nasty ~ lucas in top 10?!?!

9: chimpakt ~ nice to meet you man

13: KingToon ~ i sit down to play this guy in friendlies, i go lucas, he goes mario... i beat him.. then he goes "your lucas is worthy of playing my TL." LOLOL. Thanks buddy. it was nice seeing you again.

13: TUSM ~ 300+% :laugh: At least you took a game off us on Delfino, don't beat yourself up on the loss of the set though :ohwell:

13: ChiboSempai ~ grrrr, Fury and I WILL beat you in doubles sooner rather than later.

13: Xzax ~ you beat me in a friendly, i was sandbagging. gg. I still haven't lost to you in tourney :laugh:

17: Fury ~ that's my partner!! way to step it up when you needed to

17: Smurf ~ not too bad man... but STEP IT UP!

17: Aztec Avenger ~ Chibo to TUSM: "what's your team name?" TUSM: "I don't know, Yo Aztec, what's our team name?" Aztec: "I don't know." Chibo: "Ok" lol too funny. but gg's in doubles man. that olimar was lookin nice

17: Wedge ~ gg's. keep practicing that sonic.

17: Yes ~ dubz was mad fun. especially that first match on PS1 XD

17: Phillyrider ~ fun friendlies... we will have to MM at Battle Royale II

17: Hime ~ not too bad, but step it up son.

25: MIB ~ same as squall.. oh and Lucas > Ness

25: Bnzaaa ~ nice meeting you

25: Ether (Forfeit) ~ mad fun friendlies, real chill dude.

25: Clai ~ aw we didn't get to play each other this time.. maybe next time.

25: .com ~ always a pleasure to see you

25: Allied (Forfeit) ^^^ now get yo *** to Battle Royale II

Fun tourney, can't wait to see everyone again.

Top Bottom