• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DSO Biweekly 9 ~Philly, PA~ 10/18/09 Results! MK Banned

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Buy a car with your dirty, dirty Brawl money.

At any rate, definitely plenty of tourneys in tristate and we can always use more bros for the Smash Bros.
I don't even have a license, lol!

Brawl events happen so frequently that I often have to choose between winning cash or playing the better game, and money speaks loudly. Also there are Melee players that outright hate me that I just plain want to avoid, like Scar and JFox, while nothing like that exists for me in the Brawl scene. >_>;

I like events with both games the most. I can have my Brawl while still enjoying some Melee, like at Genesis and SNES.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I was trying to find the .gif where M2K makes it rain. Oh well.

I think you realize that your persona on the boards tends to alienate people. I at least acknowledge that you're a good player so I don't really let it bother me except where it concerns friends of mine. I couldn't say for sure how genuine it is because I don't know you, but have you ever considered toning it down a little? Most Smashers don't hold onto grudges for very long in my experience (with a few obvious exceptions).

The whole Smash community is just ridiculously nice in general. Big part of the reason why I still play.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Wait. You dont have people in the Brawl scene that just outright hate you that you just plain want to avoid?

I find that odd.
Not around here, tbqh. Most people actually know me beyond the boards and know for a fact that I'm actually really good and stuff.

I was trying to find the .gif where M2K makes it rain. Oh well.

I think you realize that your persona on the boards tends to alienate people. I at least acknowledge that you're a good player so I don't really let it bother me except where it concerns friends of mine. I don't really know how genuine it is because I don't know you, but have you ever considered toning it down a little? Most Smashers don't hold onto grudges for very long in my experience (with a few obvious exceptions).
Eh...maybe. I don't like holding back at all and I'd rather just be blunt and honest, but I could just tone it down I suppose...

Btw, I think I got a character in mind for the next time I have to face Max in an MK banned event... WATCH OUT, SUCKA!

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Honesty is great and all, but it seems like you say a lot of the things you say more for the sake of belittling people. I'm very honest and I definitely won't hold back constructive criticism, but I generally don't go out of my way to insult people unless they're blatantly asking for it. Of course, I'm sure we vary in our definitions of "asking for it."

Again, I don't really know you. Just a thought.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Wow...people get so butthurt over simple smack talk nowadays. What happened to talkin' some trash and having fun with it? You guys make it about money, rep, and srs business a little too much. Loosen up and joke around a little like what I see in Melee crew battles. Sheesh.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Smash is serious business.

I mean hell. the game is a competitive POS but it's wracking up players like no bodies' buisness.

oh well. at least the community is legit. at least sorta.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Yeah it's strange how things work out sometimes. And yeah the community in general is legit for sure, but I certainly know a handful of players that are just impossible to associate myself with; one could say they're even borderline socially ******** because they're so head-first into this game. That's what I've picked up on things so far.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Mainstream does things to communities man.

Does some really strange things. Good and bad.

I admit, I love to see the Smash community progress in gaming like we've been since Brawl, but I also miss the tight-knit feeling the community had during Melee, pre-brawl, as that feeling simply a shadow of itself imo.

If only Brawl was what we wished it'd be. Or least half of it.

The game as it is now is dumb. And with dumb **** like "randoms" (No offense to Max. What he earned is legit. Not gonna take that away from him.) coming out of no where to sweep tourneys because of exploitable bull**** just reminds me why I play B+.

I can understand if the kid is naturally good at Smash, but even still. There should of been other aspects into play like player experience for one. And how the game shouldn try to close the gap of skill between players.

Meh. Idk. This tourney is just a reminder of a bunch of dumb things associated with Brawl.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I'm with you on the nostalgia, ten fold. I suppose I just stick with the community because I still find any form of competition fun. You're right about the "random" issue as well; having natural talent and doing extremely well in a tournament unexpectedly is not an impossible feat, but other factors would still certainly have to apply for it not to be a fishy and/or janky case. A good example is Armada at Genesis: he was TOTALLY underestimated by the majority of players over here (myself included), then out of nowhere he beat Shiz, M2K, etc. and stunned many players...with Peach no less. But what there is to consider in Armada's case is that he is basically the M2K/Mango of where he comes from, so he at least has a solid background of experience for someone to look at and say "oh, well now I understand why this was totally possible". So yeah...well said on that. :3

On topic: good **** nonetheless Max...again. lol

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
lol

Good **** Max!

:093:

Scar

#HarveyDent
lol i don't hate you inui i just think you're full of ****

"i post in threads so other people will get angry at me, fool. i think it is special that i wield such incredible power over others and can make them change their topic of conversation to MEEE mwahahaha"

no dude you just say things that don't make any sense sometimes and instead of going "lol oh true that was stupid what i meant was...", you take like 20 minutes to come up with some reason for why what you said was true and then expect someone like me to not call you on it

but i don't hate you, i'd never say that, i think the melee boards are way better without you though just b/c you make everyone argue with you over something ******** (you and spam both)

Player 7

Smash Cadet
Inui.
You are a dumb. You lost to Max, final point.
You sad that your MK ***** everyone. You've been 3 stocked by a kirby and lost to a pokemon trainer.
I am not from your continent, but everyone here know your MK is a shame, and you're to. So shut up.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Inui.
You are a dumb. You lost to Max, final point.
You sad that your MK ***** everyone. You've been 3 stocked by a kirby and lost to a pokemon trainer.
I am not from your continent, but everyone here know your MK is a shame, and you're to. So shut up.
...MK was banned at this tournament, and what are you talking about?

Top Bottom