• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DSO Biweekly 9 ~Philly, PA~ 10/18/09 Results! MK Banned

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Titans of Torment is like #1 on my teams to watch out for list lol

Your team synergy is so good and freicken Nasty knows every single thing there is to know about Lucas. In match 2 of our doubles when it came down to me v u and immediately with no hesitation u get a perfect meteor jab lock to usmash was shocking and down right amazing

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
i'm from PA and I'm not really in the scene often

i had lot's of fun and didn't expect to win at all
All... HAIL MAX!
Max, this should be your sig. LOL

Titans of Torment is like #1 on my teams to watch out for list lol

Your team synergy is so good and freicken Nasty knows every single thing there is to know about Lucas. In match 2 of our doubles when it came down to me v u and immediately with no hesitation u get a perfect meteor jab lock to usmash was shocking and down right amazing
LMAO, thanks man. It was so crucial that i got that Dair > Dtilt lock > Usmash right then and there or you would've been on that ledge until you beat me. You made the mistake by coming on the stage. Can you upload that set to YouTube please?? It was a good set for both teams.

Nikwadtkhil

Smash Cadet
so soulmate found

same tag: check
same area: check
same main: check

identity theft of just,max:check

thanks for all the quotes :chuckle:

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
I hate how everyone is so pissed at ICs from a single event with a single ICs placing well. He barely even abused the CG, no where near the extent of other ICs like lain and meep. give the kid some cred wtf.
Gonna... have to agree with Chibo.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
3-1 isn't destroyed or ***** by my standards at least >.>
You were twostocked in two of the games I won and you barely won a game and in game four I saved you from an SD on purpose. >_>;

Inui- hadn't played meta all day and didn't want to do the MM in the first place but you were quite insistent on it....... regardless it's not like i'm denying your a better player then me just getting some of my own johns in
You fought dmbrandon, Eazy, and Atomsk's MKs several times each before playing me in our MM.

The first time I used MK the entire day, literally, was the first game of our MM set.

Hmm.

You know your character. You know the infinites and other gay stuff. You know what you're doing with the ICs. I don't think you'll get very far facing people that know what they're doing against the character in a tournament where MK is legal.

no hbox you miss the point he wants to ban MK when MK is an EXTREMELY overrated character while things such as ICs broken **** is allowed which is much worse by comparison. If Max, who I hear is his 2nd tourney ever, won with ICs without even abusing infinites, then imagine how broken the character is with infinites. I don't think Lain or Meep nearly use the character to their full potential, cuz they fall for the same **** I do over and over and over again when they have other moves they don't even bother to try to use. The character as a whole is top tier, then with infinites they can be god tier.
qft

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
immediately with no hesitation u get a perfect meteor jab lock to usmash was shocking and down right amazing
I hate when he does that =P
At the same time, it makes me love him more. Yay PA and its low tier characters!

Good **** Max, even if I don't know who you are lol. I can almost imagine some of the people there going from not considering you a threat to "wow, he just got an upset over _____" to "whoa, he's legit!"

Hope to see you guys at Battle Royale II

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
im not gonna lie, max was seeded low going into singles considering it was his first tourney in over a year (at the time no one even realized it was the same max tho), no one knew him, and he got last in doubles lolol

Inui

Banned via Warnings
im not gonna lie, max was seeded low going into singles considering it was his first tourney in over a year (at the time no one even realized it was the same max tho), no one knew him, and he got last in doubles lolol
He fought seed two immediately lol that's like second to last seed... I wish he was away from me though. ~_~ God dang ICs in an MK banned tournament effing broken. I barely beat BNZAA LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Yeah, Benzaa got that Pierce training.

Anyway, I'm just pissed I didn't go, because you all lost to some random IC. Not saying Max isn't legit, but apparently, you all needed me to save you from some grabs.

Also, I'm sad because I really wanted Atmosk to win :(

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Ugh so many johns. Inui, you KNEW beforehand the tourney banned mk, and what risks you were taking by entering without one of your characters allowed, so if anything you have no right to be mad about losing. Max is a good player. Even if you lost because of the rules, don't belittle Max's win; there's such things as tact, etiquette, and good sportmanship that you're seriously lacking it, and won't get far in the real world without. Take it up with Chibo for the next tourney if anything.

On that note...Chibo will brawl+ be around for the next one as well?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Ugh so many johns. Inui, you KNEW beforehand the tourney banned mk, and what risks you were taking by entering without one of your characters allowed, so if anything you have no right to be mad about losing. Max is a good player. Even if you lost because of the rules, don't belittle Max's win; there's such things as tact, etiquette, and good sportmanship that you're seriously lacking it, and won't get far in the real world without. Take it up with Chibo for the next tourney if anything.

On that note...Chibo will brawl+ be around for the next one as well?
I knew MK was banned, but I'm awesome enough with other characters to win anyways, so whatever. I didn't know a good IC player was waiting for me round two in the bracket, though.

I will belittle a win when it's actually little. I don't sugarcoat things. The fact that I ***** him with MK (and so did Atomsk) shows what would happened if this tournament wasn't ran by a ROB main that thinks a character incapable of taking 1st in our region should be banned.

If someone beats me legit, I say it, and give them props. NinjaLink and Hat beat me straight up last weekend. Max won because I played like poopoo and MK was banned. Reality, broski.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
You still have yet to acknowledge that I 3-0'd you in winners finals, 2 stocking you three times in a row from almost a year ago. This leads me to highly doubt that you give anyone props. Just don't expect anyone to respect you when you can't do the same.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
You still have yet to acknowledge that I 3-0'd you in winners finals, 2 stocking you three times in a row from almost a year ago. This leads me to highly doubt that you give anyone props. Just don't expect anyone to respect you when you can't do the same.
I didn't get twostocked in game three on Lylat Cruise, but who cares about a set from ages ago? Me acknowledging my massive fail against Snake and you being on fire one day when it was a year ago doesn't mean much right now.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
It's the principle of the matter, Lucas...

D@mn right I was on fire that day :laugh:...That felt great...I kinda miss it but w/e I suck now lol.

FYI game 2 was lylat, and game 3 was brinstar :3

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Inui, you are smart enough to understand what people like Chris are trying to say to you.

A. You are posting in a public forum, so you are obviously adressing people other than yourself. You are trying to convince people of something.

B. It is PROVEN that your method of persuasion is FAIL. What you say may be valid, but it doesn't aid in improving people's perception of how you are as a player, or how your opponent is as a player.

C. The combination of A and B simply make you look like a johning @sshole which I'm sure is not your intention. So what is the point? People know what happened at the tournament, they are going to take away from it what they choose to. Don't care so much about what the community is thinking that you go out of your way to prove something to the point where you literally belittle someone elses accomplishment, or what they percieve to be an accomplishment, when no one is realistically taking what you say that seriously anyway.

Because you honestly wouldn't appreciate all of your wins having some type of reasoning that concludes with them meaning nothing. Just let it go scrap.

Zucco

Smash Master
If I was there none of this would have happened! Zucchini to the rescue~

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Or just **** them with MK.

Which I do.

lol
MK was banned there.

You knew that.

You should have improvised.

You didn't.

You lost.

No johns.

I knew MK was banned, but I'm awesome enough with other characters to win anyways, so whatever. I didn't know a good IC player was waiting for me round two in the bracket, though.
Need I say more?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
MK was banned there.

You knew that.

You should have improvised.

You didn't.

You lost.

No johns.
I woulda won anyways if I wasn't suiciding like crazy. You don't know what actually happened.

Get the hell outta here btw, d00d. Like...mad randoms are always like "no johns inui lololololol you suck" when they wouldn't even beat me on my worst day ever because I'm a million times better than them.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Inui imma let you finish, but your mountain john was your best john of ALL TIME.

Now on to srs buzzz. Inui, your my crewmate and my friend, but really. Please just stop with the MK BS. I main MK. Hell I used ONLY MK until August of 09. I picked up Wolf and played in the tournament. I barely lost my one set and came close to getting Andy to 3rd game. But I am not *****ing. Do I think if I had MK I could of done MUCH better? Yes. But this tournament was a METAKNIGHT BANNED TOURNAMENT. Its on the thread, its been discussed, and Chibo announced it before the Singles Bracket started. So you knew it was coming, but just because you could of won with MK doesn't mean you ***** if you planned on going without MK.

Zucco

Smash Master
You hype yourself up too much Inui. Anytime you do bad even I know you are going to be attacked alot. I agree with you though that you would beat most of these no names though.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I woulda won anyways if I wasn't suiciding like crazy. You don't know what actually happened.
More johns. Take the loss with grace and **** him next time if it's really as simple as you claim. No need to make a soap opera out of it, which I've noticed is a common occurrence in the result threads that I see you in.

Get the hell outta here btw, d00d. Like...mad randoms are always like "no johns inui lololololol you suck" when they wouldn't even beat me on my worst day ever because I'm a million times better than them.
So I have to be known in order to have a voice (or an e-voice in this case)? That's a rather elitist way to go about it. Dan knows me; I may be a random player by your standards, but I'm still someone worth talking to. And you're really not all that great broski, you're good...but I'd only rate it at an OS level of good, which really isn't out of my league whatsoever. ;)

You want to hype yourself up so much? Then produce results that reflect that hype. M2K and the MI guys put up with OS' wacky stage list and still produced normal results. Even if MK was banned, you could have still improvised in order to deal with the ICs player effectively (like Peach or something). If you decided to underestimate the player and pick a character that is more susceptible to getting grabbed, that's your own fault.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
You hype yourself up too much Inui. Anytime you do bad even I know you are going to be attacked alot. I agree with you though that you would beat most of these no names though.
Lol I don't even hype myself that much anymore outside of doubles. I just get attacked anyways after doing poorly.

Oh, wait, I got 4th beating good players without my actual main and didn't really try all day except against two people? Dang, that's considered "bad"? That means people have really high standards for me. Aww, how cute.

I'd beat all of them. Badly. Not just "most" of them.

So I have to be known in order to have a voice (or an e-voice in this case)? That's a rather elitist way to go about it. Dan knows me; I may be a random player by your standards, but I'm still someone worth talking to. And you're really not all that great broski, you're good...but I'd only rate it at an OS level of good, which really isn't out of my league whatsoever. ;)
I'm elitist.

Yeah I'm totally just as good as someone that wins less money than me in a weaker region. Yup, totally.

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
Hmm, as i recall ADHD once saying "It's a good thing the smash community is so welcoming to new people and encourages new people to come out to tourney."

I respect Inui as a player, he's got some skill.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I just didnt want to sound rude!:laugh:
Honesty > courtesy.

Hmm, as i recall ADHD once saying "It's a good thing the smash community is so welcoming to new people and encourages new people to come out to tourney."
I have no personal beef with the guy, but it's going to anger me when I lose to someone I would have owned if my character was legal and he won by abusing something extremely gay about his character that is somewhat bannable (moreso than MK is), and then I watched him take two sets from the guy I regard as my little brother for the same reasons...

Yeah, that pisses me off a bit.

Is the guy legit with his character? Yeah, he knows the infinites and gay stuff and knows his character. Is he overall good at Brawl? Definitely not. Yet. He could get better if he came to stuff.

I respect Inui as a player, he's got some skill.
Thanks.

Well...dunno what to tell ya. The results don't lie. :laugh:
You're right, they don't.

http://allisbrawl.com/medals.aspx?id=4424

Overswarm does not compare. At all. Nobody in Ohio/KY/anywhere but MI in the Midwest does.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Ok, touche, congrats, woo hoo.

The point is...you still whine in nearly every result thread for whatever reason. I realize humility is not a trait that all of society possesses; but for ****s sake man.

A. If you knew MK was banned and came across an ICs player: Improvise by switching to another character and/or by using a counterpick stage that would negate some otherwise easy grab opportunities for the ICs player.

B. If you decided "meh...just another randomplayer123, I'll end this quickly": That's your own fault, and may be a hint to look into that lack of humility I just pointed out.

You claim in a previous post that you are good enough with other characters to win anyway: So...why didn't you win? Was it A, B, or a combination of both? Either way, you failed to produce results that match up to the way you hype yourself, even if MK was banned or you played badly or you SDed or john john john. Get the message? Or will you just resort to insulting my popularity as a player again like an insecure child?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Ok, touche, congrats, woo hoo.

The point is...you still whine in nearly every result thread for whatever reason. I realize humility is not a trait that all of society possesses; but for ****s sake man.
I don't whine if a loss is legit, like NinjaLink and Hat beating me on Saturday and Zucco and Junebug putting Atomsk and I in losers in teams. Legit stuff is cool to me. I just happen to lose to bull**** or me playing like *** a lot.

A. If you knew MK was banned and came across an ICs player: Improvise by switching to another character and/or by using a counterpick stage that would negate some otherwise easy grab opportunities for the ICs player.
I'm only experienced with MK against ICs. I tried Snake and Ike and lost because of that. I didn't know how to play the "never get grabbed" game without MK.

Round one is on a neutral. I obviously won my counterpick. Then round three goes to another neutral. Stages are not that reliable.

B. If you decided "meh...just another randomplayer123, I'll end this quickly": That's your own fault, and may be a hint to look into that lack of humility I just pointed out.
I usually don't sandbag people in tournament sets regardless.

You claim in a previous post that you are good enough with other characters to win anyway: So...why didn't you win? Was it A, B, or a combination of both?
Explained above.

Either way, you failed to produce results that match up to the way you hype yourself, even if MK was banned or you played badly or you SDed or john john john.

Completely wrong, but I'm not surprised. Me getting 4th and being outplaced by Atomsk when my main is banned isn't me failing to produce results equal to how I "hype" myself up. It's actually quite accurate. I expected 2nd or 3rd and got 4th...which isn't far enough.

Get the message? Or will you just resort to insulting my popularity as a player again like an insecure child?

I get the message...that you're wrong based on not knowing what you're talking about and being biased.

Sky`

Smash Lord
This is just really weird to me.

But Inui does have a slight point, I mean without MK in America, IC's can be considered Unstopable for those who just relied on MK in the first place.

Why didn't any of you guys play peach? Peach > IC's. Hehe.

But yeah, I'ma meat ride Japan.

They know how to Struggle.
And they know the IC matchup.

American's just aren't there yet. =]

Top Bottom