• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DSO Biweeklies @ Drexel (Philadelphia, PA) Back in Business

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Because I'm a firm believer that a single grab should continue to guaranteed death if done correctly (doesn't require too much practice), which is completely defendant on the ICs control, and negates all control of the opponent for things such as DI. They can drop their controller and it's no different.

So the only banned things are the infinite ones, catching out of a bthrow, and footstool to ice block to grab.

It's ok for ICs to:
-catch out of fthrow, for if they keep doing this they will eventually reach the end of the stage. this is still a great option for it as they can have nana fair em out of it at the end which screws over most characters. however, this still gives the opponent a chance to survive, based on their ability to meteor cancel, DI/smashDI, tech, recover intelligently, etc.
-dair to ice block to regard - vex told me that this can be smash DI'd and/or tech'd (i forget which), making it not an infinite, and is dependant on the opponents skill to be able to escape it.
-dthrow chain grab with a single climber - it eventually reaches the end of the stage.

just the two things that are guaranteed death out of it are gone. if your fighting an IC that does one of the infinite chains once, pause the game, call over a judge

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
You're definitely clueless of falcon's capabilities :)

10doubleposts
Everyone knows that Falcon is trash. Don't delude yourself.

Because I'm a firm believer that a single grab should continue to guaranteed death if done correctly (doesn't require too much practice), which is completely defendant on the ICs control, and negates all control of the opponent for things such as DI. They can drop their controller and it's no different.

So the only banned things are the infinite ones, catching out of a bthrow, and footstool to ice block to grab.

It's ok for ICs to:
-catch out of fthrow, for if they keep doing this they will eventually reach the end of the stage. this is still a great option for it as they can have nana fair em out of it at the end which screws over most characters. however, this still gives the opponent a chance to survive, based on their ability to meteor cancel, DI/smashDI, tech, recover intelligently, etc.
-dair to ice block to regard - vex told me that this can be smash DI'd and/or tech'd (i forget which), making it not an infinite, and is dependant on the opponents skill to be able to escape it.
-dthrow chain grab with a single climber - it eventually reaches the end of the stage.

just the two things that are guaranteed death out of it are gone. if your fighting an IC that does one of the infinite chains once, pause the game, call over a judge
Your wording here is way too confusing. You should believe that a single grab should lead to death, but you don't want it to 100% guarantee death? I'm sorry, but what? All you're doing is affecting where the IC's start their grab chain, seeing as a couple of F-throws/d-throws to Nana spike at the ledge is going to kill no matter what the opponent does once the opponent reaches a certain percentage. Just getting a grab in the first place is hard enough to do- that's why you don't see thousands of IC's insta-winning matches, but now you're establishing where they have to throw as well? The Ice Climbers are balanced as they are, all this does is impose arbitrary conditions that ultimately harms their metagame. Seriously, if you get grabbed by the IC's, you should die because you're doing something wrong.

Seriously, Chibo, what's with these arbitrary rules? They do nothing to benefit us and it's only going to weaken us overall.

Clai

Smash Lord
Simple version:
Don't CG with Bthrow
Don't CG with footstool to ice block
Simple rebuttal:
Ice Climbers aren't broken even with Bthrow and footstool to ice block chaingrabs, they have not affected the community negatively in any way what-so-ever (which is why I'm complaining about this and not about the MK ban, seeing as MK was having a negative effect over the community, or something like that)
Any smart player is going to kill off one grab with the opponent having no control over it whatsoever no matter what type of chaingrab it is outside of just banning chaingrabs all-together (and essentially banning the IC's as well, since without their grab game, IC's don't have much for them)
You are only placing arbitrary restrictions on what the IC players can do, it's hard enough as it is to get a grab in the first place, and now you can't even let them have a kill from the grab if they grabbed on an unfavorable part of the stage.
Arbitrary rules are for scrubs.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Chibo, your rules are horrible. Your leadership is crumbling. Things aren't going too well.

You need to stop forcing your ideals on everyone just because you're the host.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Do not complain about the rules in this thread. If you want to talk to Chibo about it, send him a PM and do it respectfully. Any more "your rules suck" comments will be infracted.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Do not complain about the rules in this thread. If you want to talk to Chibo about it, send him a PM and do it respectfully. Any more "your rules suck" comments will be infracted.
You know what...

I'm tired of you targetting me and harassing me with your garbage infractions. You have no idea what you're doing. You are infracting me over nothing.

This is the thread for the tournament. Discussing the rules is completely on-topic. I didn't flame him at all. I said his rules are bad, which they are, as you can plainly see by plenty of others objecting and his rules not being backed by the SBR.

Learn how to do your job. Stop targeting me. I didn't even know players existed in TN, lol... It figured the first one I encounter would be someone I'd come to dislike.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
I said as soon as this thread was bumped I posted that NO ONE was allowed to discuss the MK banning. Everyone ended up talking about it. That pretty much served as a warning for everyone as it was inevitable it would happen, the infractions are justified as far as i can tell.

I don't think any mods mind if you discuss the rules respectfully, but just saying "your rules are horrible" isn't helping anyone and can be interpreted as flaming.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
An attack on his rules is not an attack on the man directly.

Where did I mention the MK-ban? Sure, that's part of the rules, but if you looked above you'd see the ICs CG infinite is currently being discussed.

Everyone ie getting way too soft these days. This type of nonsense would NEVER happen in the FE communities I've been staff at for many years. To get a warning, you actually earn it. You don't ge infracted for saying "you're rules are bad" like it's kindergarden or something.

That Virgilijus guy is practically hunting after me with all of the infractions he keeps giving me over nothing. I even just noticed a PERMANENT one for a "profile infraction" and I have literally no idea what it's for and don't recall getting a message about it.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I even just noticed a PERMANENT one for a "profile infraction" and I have literally no idea what it's for and don't recall getting a message about it.
A profile infraction just means that it was given through your profile, not for a particular post. It's basically a way to add points without needing a post to do it, for example (not necessarily referring to your case): if someone breaks multiple rules at once.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
A profile infraction just means that it was given through your profile, not for a particular post. It's basically a way to add points without needing a post to do it, such as if someone breaks multiple rules at once.
Ok, so... I have no idea what it was for and why it's permanent. What did I do that got me a permanent infraction?

Virgilijus makes no sense to me. Seems to just be targeting me. That's how I see it.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I am not targeting you.

Also, there is no reason for insults.
Prove that I was discussing the MK-ban. As far as we know, I was probably addressing the last post Chibo made and the latest rule discussion:

It's ok for ICs to:

Clearly NOT the MK-ban.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Regardless of anything, Inui, you were still flaming/trolling Chibo. If you try to say otherwise, you're just lying to yourself, lol.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Regardless of anything, Inui, you were still flaming/trolling Chibo. If you try to say otherwise, you're just lying to yourself, lol.

I will say otherwise. I said his rules are terrible. That is not an attack on the man. That is me harshly disagreeing with his decisions. Furthermore, it's apparent from this topic and others that his leadership of Philly/PA is weakening. Stating reality is not a crime.

Grown men need to stop crying to mommy about someone calling them fat or something. That's how silly my infractions (and this discussion) are. Smashboards is super soft now and apparently designed for 5 year olds.

The evidence presented in this courtroom so far...has been quite weak. I have shown that it can't be proven I was talking about the MK-ban and was referencing something else.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Oh, god, here come the gifs..... @.@ Like I said, you're lying to yourself. Your post wasn't productive in any way but to come at Chibo when there was absolutely no reason to. Find something better to do with your time, pleaaaaase~

Anyway, Chibo, when are biweeklies starting? I wanna make sure I'm free for the first one. =3

_umbra_

Smash Champion
They're right inui, stfu.

We clearly shouldn't be arguing about the rules in the tournament thread. Chibo shouldn't have to argue with anyone when he holds a tournament with rules that differ from the norm, and seem to be disliked by most decent members of the community. Take it to pms, so no one can see the debate about the rules or the reasoning behind them, and everyone, especially chibo, can be happy ^_^

Quit being so insensitive!

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
GOTM, sorry to be like this but no one values what you say so stop, your a melee player, get out of brawl business. On another note, Chibo just shouldn't make these absurd rules. MK banned, IC's infinites, whats next, Luigi's Up b? He bans MK, and IC's infinites, but he doesn't ban planking. Thats really dumb.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
PA: More drama than you can shake your d*ck at.

4 Months ago sooooo many people had this HUGE! PA thing about themselves, no one really argued, all we wanted to do was prove to people that PA is an awesome state and smash scene, that should be looked at as a threat.
What happened to the good ol' days?
*sigh* they're never coming back, and everyone will hate each other forever.
I wish I lived in the MW.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
They're right inui, stfu.

We clearly shouldn't be arguing about the rules in the tournament thread. Chibo shouldn't have to argue with anyone when he holds a tournament with rules that differ from the norm, and seem to be disliked by most decent members of the community. Take it to pms, so no one can see the debate about the rules or the reasoning behind them, and everyone, especially chibo, can be happy ^_^

Quit being so insensitive!

Ha...!

And I say quit being so overly sensitive! You children aren't ready for life, which is far more dark and bitter than the coffee in my mug. Do you all need some milk and sugar to sweeten the bitter truths of reality!?

the evidence in this courtroom shows that ..........

SHUT THE **** UP YOU ******

Inui

Banned via Warnings

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Stop trying to be like NJ you fools. I'm going to your tournies so I don't have to deal with that kinda crap.

Icy's negating any form of movement/DI should be banned. Planking should be limited to 60 grabs per match.

Clai

Smash Lord
We're money matching :)
What's that going to prove? I'm a trash player that mains Ganondorf. Even if you win, it's not going to make Falcon a legit character or anything. Besides, Falcon is way too fun to bet money over, since MM's are all serious business and Falcon has no place being serious business.

Falcon dittos, they will happen.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
lol ask anyone about my falcon. it takes ALOT for me to not sandbag. I'd rather not get into a long argument proving I'm right so I'll just say..nothing :D

Clai

Smash Lord
Arguing? Who says we were arguing? Throw out all the nuances, minutae and red tape, I say! Let's just go out and have a ball, like the good times we used to have. Falcon's way too much fun to be serious business.

100,000FalconPunches

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
I believe MK should be legal in doubles, hes not the best doubles character, both snake and GnW are better characters, but since Chibo is extremely biased towards MK it doesn't matter.

:083:

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Snake is as good as his teammate. Snake can only be good if his teammate can cover him while he's camping or being aggressive. Snake gets punished for doing either of these things so he needs someone to cover him: ie Metaknight, Wario, Game and Watch, to name a few.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Yeah that seems about right. I'd say GAW is better than Wario simply for the range and killing power he offers, but that's soley my conjecture.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Everyone shutup -_-

This is not a place to debate rules. This is not a place to be a killjoy and a train wreck of emotion and beliefs. If that is what you all wish to do, then I believe this is the thread you're looking for.

Since everyone loves rules, I'm adding more.

Ledge Grab Limit: If a player wins by time-out, the opponent is allowed to call for a check on their ledge grabs (stat shown in the results screen). If they have sixty (60) or more ledge grabs, then that player loses the match. Refusal to show your opponent your ledge grabs results in a loss of the match. The opponent should call for the stat to be displayed the moment the match is over to prevent any players from quickly unplugging their controller.

Chibo's Everyone STFU Rule: Everyone have fun. No *****ing. No arguing. If you contribute to a negative atmosphere at the tournament, I'ma kick you out.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
And I say quit being so overly sensitive! You children aren't ready for life, which is far more dark and bitter than the coffee in my mug. Do you all need some milk and sugar to sweeten the bitter truths of reality!?
Not gonna lie.....that's a helluva line.

If you were a better person, I'd sig it.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Chibo, you never answered my question. When're these ****ing tournaments starting?! :mad:

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
lol @ .com. Too true. At least LoCal is still pure at heart =P.

But really Vex and Xzax, posts like that are what start flame wars. You both literally just said "Here's my opinion, and oh, just so everybody knows, I hate Chibo JUST SAYING...huh? what?" Just take a look at some of the past discussions you've had, even the ones a few pages ago in this thread. Both sides have problems with each other. We get it. No, really, we actually get it: You don't like each other, and you don't agree with their opinions. Take it to pms, and stop repeating yourselves in these threads, both of you. If I were to take all the flaming/trolling posts between the three of you in the last month and put them in my inbox, I would need like nine premium memberships.

Top Bottom