• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DSO Biweeklies @ Drexel (Philadelphia, PA) Back in Business

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Chibo, you never answered my question. When're these ****ing tournaments starting?! :mad:
Drexel opens up event scheduling for the fall term in approx 3 weeks iirc, so that's when I can announce it. Except it a couple weeks after that. So a lil over a month, unless I strike a deal with Cactuar, which would make it sooner.

Please don't take this to AIM or PM either -_- . I've been debating these things for months and months now, it's quite tiresome.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
Everyone shutup -_-

This is not a place to debate rules. This is not a place to be a killjoy and a train wreck of emotion and beliefs. If that is what you all wish to do, then I believe this is the thread you're looking for.

Since everyone loves rules, I'm adding more.

Ledge Grab Limit: If a player wins by time-out, the opponent is allowed to call for a check on their ledge grabs (stat shown in the results screen). If they have sixty (60) or more ledge grabs, then that player loses the match. Refusal to show your opponent your ledge grabs results in a loss of the match. The opponent should call for the stat to be displayed the moment the match is over to prevent any players from quickly unplugging their controller.

Chibo's Everyone STFU Rule: Everyone have fun. No *****ing. No arguing. If you contribute to a negative atmosphere at the tournament, I'ma kick you out.
Your link leads us to the New Jersey players finder. Last time I checked, this tournament isn't in New Jersey. Nor does that thread have the rules of your tournament on it. This thread has the rules of your tournament in it, rules which are not duplicated by any legitimate TO without overwhelming support from the community first. Anyone who is running a tournament and constructing a ruleset different from the standard set is going to have to run into questions eventually, as the TO, it is your duty to confront these questions and do what it takes to satisfy the tourney-going community (I don't even have to be a TO to say this, any legitimate leader is going to have to answer to objections to what the leader does. This is true in...everything).

You do hold the power to set the rules for your tournament, but try to remember that this city is going to reflect on the smash community as a whole. Running MK-banned tournaments with these crazy rules is fine if the community surrounding the area supports it, but from the looks of this thread, all of your rules have been seriously doubted by many people and often your response is "I don't want to talk about it in this thread." Really, do you really think that's a mature way of dealing with these problems, by using your authority to dodge questions so you can just happily tune out the people that don't agree with you? If you want to be taken seriously as a Tournament Organizer, you need to face your nay-sayers head-on, and stop avoiding what is often the truth.

Blahblah Inui'sright blahblah leadershipcrumbling blah

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
:laugh:

Sorry, I just prefer to not talk to someone on AIM who asks me a question, then when disagrees with me interrupts my reasoning by flaming the crap out of me then blocking me.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
:laugh:

Sorry, I just prefer to not talk to someone on AIM who asks me a question, then when disagrees with me interrupts my reasoning by flaming the crap out of me then blocking me.

You have no good reasoning, I read what you wrote to xzax, you contradict yourself constantly, but I'll leave it at that, besides the fact you kept saying singles and doubles is comparable.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Not gonna lie.....that's a helluva line.

If you were a better person, I'd sig it.

Please don't take this to AIM or PM either -_- . I've been debating these things for months and months now, it's quite tiresome.

And losing. Terribly.

Running MK-banned tournaments with these crazy rules is fine if the community surrounding the area supports it, but from the looks of this thread, all of your rules have been seriously doubted by many people and often your response is "I don't want to talk about it in this thread." Really, do you really think that's a mature way of dealing with these problems, by using your authority to dodge questions so you can just happily tune out the people that don't agree with you? If you want to be taken seriously as a Tournament Organizer, you need to face your nay-sayers head-on, and stop avoiding what is often the truth.

Blahblah Inui'sright blahblah leadershipcrumbling blah

This witness for the prosecution speaks the truth in all areas, Chibo.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
just wondering...

does anyone agree with chibo?

I haven't seen anyone take his side yet, the closest thing being the mods he brought in LOL

seriously though, why so ban-happy with everything?

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
The mods haven't even taken a side on the actual issue, as far as I've seen. x.x

Just enforcing da rulez.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
The icy's rule i agree with, the mk ban i'm indifferent about, the ledge grabbing rule should be in effect for any outcome, not just time out.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
if you dont like the rules, dont come. nobody is forcing anybody to come.

im siding w/ chibo. CGing takes what little fun brawl has and throws it away. your lucky he isnt baning All CGing.

Talwind

Smash Cadet
Chibo, host more Melee instead. I think all this rule debating is probably causing you mass amounts of stress tbqh. Melee doesn't do that to you. Go back to your first love.

Also this thread is terrible. The STUPID PW gifs make it even worse.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Melee is too good.

Also, if Brawl tournaments are going to be hosted at my place, all Brawlers must accept that I will ridicule them the entire time, and if they try to talk back, I will kick them out of my house and keep their venue fee. Because I am Cactuar.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Chibo, host more Melee instead. I think all this rule debating is probably causing you mass amounts of stress tbqh. Melee doesn't do that to you. Go back to your first love.

It's not the game. It's Chibo going against what everyone else wants.

Silly rookie... You can't understand the mind of a true veteran like myself. The gifs make everything better.

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
how about u jus have a reg tourny wit reg rules and every1 would be happy. really wats the point of banning things if no1 is gonna be happy with the outcome. u mines well ban falcos CG because he spikes at the end.>(*joke)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
What's a Cactuar?
People don't DARE ask questions like this, especially in Atlantic North.

Was anything I said in that post related to Brawl at ALL?
No, don't listen to him.

Melee is too good.

Also, if Brawl tournaments are going to be hosted at my place, all Brawlers must accept that I will ridicule them the entire time, and if they try to talk back, I will kick them out of my house and keep their venue fee. Because I am Cactuar.
You just officially saved the biweeklies.

Everything in this post is 105% true. I'm just holding a Brawl one cause I feel like it, and mainly because there hasn't been a Brawl event in Philadelphia for like 3-4 months or so. Melee also has SPOC, when Brawl is 100% reliant on me. But yea, the 10th biweekly (as I think the returning one is the 9th) should be Melee.

if you dont like the rules, dont come. nobody is forcing anybody to come.

im siding w/ chibo. CGing takes what little fun brawl has and throws it away. your lucky he isnt baning All CGing.
I love Melee players :)

---

If people don't like and don't want to play with these rules, then don't come. It's that simple.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
If people don't like and don't want to play with these rules, then don't come. It's that simple.
Because it doesn't affect the melee players genius. If you hosted a biweekly for melee and banned fox there would be problems I'm sure. I'm pretty sure they would complain before either still going or deciding not to go.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Does this rule have a name? :D
I'm pretty sure it'll just be called the "Do what Cactuar says or get kicked out" rule.

All joking aside, I won't really hate on Brawlers or anything, but if I ask you guys to do something within reason like clean up after yourselves or not get too out of hand and you don't do it, I will whoop some ***.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
how about u jus have a reg tourny wit reg rules and every1 would be happy. really wats the point of banning things if no1 is gonna be happy with the outcome. u mines well ban falcos CG because he spikes at the end.>(*joke)
qft

Sounds like a plan!

Because it doesn't affect the melee players genius. If you hosted a biweekly for melee and banned fox there would be problems I'm sure. I'm pretty sure they would complain before either still going or deciding not to go.

qft

Scar

#HarveyDent
ill mm you for $50 3 stocks to 4

ill even give you 2:1 odds you put up $25 i'll put up 50

the avatar says it all

Top Bottom