• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DSO Biweeklies @ Drexel (Philadelphia, PA) Back in Business

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Umm I have one, but I'm not gonna be going. :( So unless someone can pick it up from me (which is not likely at all since I don't live downtown), sowwee.

Hope you guys have fun. No tournies for me this weekend, but I'll, uh, be with you boys in spirit? <3

Shirufu

Smash Apprentice
hey guys, just wondering how the tourney went, btw, where's the close knit melee community that is supposedly thiving? i saw like 6 kids there for melee... XD

lol, had to bust yall's balls, but sorry for leaving, i wasnt feeling the tourney and decided to go out.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
hey guys, just wondering how the tourney went, btw, where's the close knit melee community that is supposedly thiving? i saw like 6 kids there for melee... XD

lol, had to bust yall's balls, but sorry for leaving, i wasnt feeling the tourney and decided to go out.

Well, if anything, the thriving melee community has been more than slighted by the biweeklies. I don't remember the last time it was melee, however, I was there. The community here in Philly should have come out and support better, maybe. Last time, the melee community showed up in full force. The time before that, M2K came to slap people around. But when the event that's melee only ends up in discussions of it being a melee side event with brawl+ taking the main stage...I can understand why support was lacking. Besides, only one lagless setup...kosher.

Get off my lawn.

Shirufu

Smash Apprentice

Well, if anything, the thriving melee community has been more than slighted by the biweeklies. I don't remember the last time it was melee, however, I was there. The community here in Philly should have come out and support better, maybe. Last time, the melee community showed up in full force. The time before that, M2K came to slap people around. But when the event that's melee only ends up in discussions of it being a melee side event with brawl+ taking the main stage...I can understand why support was lacking. Besides, only one lagless setup...kosher.

Get off my lawn.

Lol, so much offense, i completely support melee, i just can't play it at tournament level XD. I'm happy to hear that more people had shown up because i'd be sad if melee had died. I <3 melee but i like brawl better at a competitive view point (cept for not banning infinites) but i had to bust on you guys, when i left there was like 6 melee players there. It's all good fun XD, besides you guys bust on us brawl people all the time XD

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Brawl people bust on us about Melee dying though which makes us Melee players sad and not want to succumb to the truth. We just wanna have lots of fun at tournaments and the good majority can't do that with Brawl. Aside from like Dazwa/Azen/some others. Other Melee veterans(MD/VA) have been doing it for the money since being good at Melee isn't worth much anymore aside from like Genesis/hugeee tournaments.

Shirufu

Smash Apprentice
Brawl people bust on us about Melee dying though which makes us Melee players sad and not want to succumb to the truth. We just wanna have lots of fun at tournaments and the good majority can't do that with Brawl. Aside from like Dazwa/Azen/some others. Other Melee veterans(MD/VA) have been doing it for the money since being good at Melee isn't worth much anymore aside from like Genesis/hugeee tournaments.
Believe me, this makes me sad too. I love watching melee videos, if there's no more tournaments how am i going to see what crazy stuff people are doing , <3 pakman's luigi.I don't think melee is actually going to do, it's going to be more underground things, many brawl tournaments are holding melee as well, (points to apex etc). so hopefully brawl and melee will still be played.

Oh and what i came here for, chibo what/when the next tournaments going to be, i need to get schedules and stuff. also, me and clai want to split a rooms/a ride if anyone we know can spare a ride from philly to apex. We are also happy to take a train but we'd need someone to pick us up from the station in jersey. Just let us know what price/w.e.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
no more biweeklies for quite a while

and by quite a while.... i mean till october lol. were done for the summer

HOWEVER...

look out for beyond the limit on may 16th in the same venue as the biweeklies

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Time to resurrect this thread and wipe off the dust.

These are coming back soon!

I emailed Drexel today to find out when is the earliest I can start reserving events for the fall term, hopefully it's not far away.

There are going to be some changes coming to the biweeklies. I'll be working on the first post soon to reflect these changes.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
for the most part the first post is done. its just lacking a lot of details, but i updated rules for melee and brawl

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
They barely do because of time constraints, unless it's specifically a Brawl+ biweekly. Well, I'll see how things run the first time around, then consider adding + in subsequent events. BtL2 though is also in planning.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
A warning for the future:

No complaining about Meta Knight's banning at these events. If anything like that is brought up infractions will be issued.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
just got an email back from drexel

cant reserve rez halls (the normal venues) for fall term quite yet, though there is a possibility of a new venue we can use as well that would also allow me to start these up earlier than originally planned. im waiting on some more details of the place from my school.

update: cant use that new venue. I can reserve dates for the classic venues in like 2.5 weeks or so

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Yo. For a small fee, GOTM and I will allow you to use our basement.

Also, if you make a mess, I will kick your *** as compensation. I realize this might entice some of you to make a mess, but seriously, don't do it.

jbandrew

Smash Lord
We need more PA tournies like... now. Do eet Chibo, just don't make a mess in Cactuars and GOTM's basement xP

Top Bottom