• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DSO Biweeklies @ Drexel (Philadelphia, PA) Back in Business

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
I have five words for this biweekly.

'Have you seen my Link?'
It was decapitated by my Ganon. FATALITY!

Shoutouts are in results thread. Even though I didn't win a single tournament game, again, I was happy with the high level of competition I was up against. I need to leap that hurdle if my Ganon's going anywhere. Looks like APEX may be my next test.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Ok everyone, biweekly this Friday!

MELEEEEEE!!!!

prep up for spoc7 which is the day after it. this biweekly is back to friday, but starts a lil earlier than they used to, now opening at 4 instead of 5 (since im in classes now and out early compared to work b4).

if theres time at the end we will do either draft crews or brawl+ (it would be awesome to see all the melee ppl plus it up)

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
If I'm able to make this, I can bring a Brawl+/melee setup. I don't know what time my ride is leaving though and I might end up hanging out with a friend that goes to Drexel. We'll see.

I also don't have the latest version of Brawl+ I think I have 4.0 and there's a 4.1 out or something. I have the one after 3.4 I'm pretty sure.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
if anyone has a brawl+ enabled wii but not the latest codeset, i can just pop it on there at the tourney with my sd card, no probs

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Man, Brawl+ tournament sounds so fun, haha. If I come I'd really want to go to that. I mean I love Melee and everything, but I just wanna see how I compare to others in Brawl+.

Shirufu

Smash Apprentice
i can bring a wii with brawl+, im debating whether or not to go to spoc and this tourney cause, i suck at melee but i kind of want to try to get better, but paying for melee twice would be just stupid for me>.> either way, i can bring my wii have self hack it quick, get the codes from someone else's sd card and load it up. (i lack a gamecube for melee) so even if only friendlies im game for bringing brawl+.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
as long as melee ends quickly we can do brawl+. melee always runs fast though.

Considering doubles starts at approx 5pm, and we have the place till a max of like 11pm or so (supposed to be a tad earlier but we can stretch it lol) we can do brawl+ if we go mad fast. iv done melee doubles + singles + brawl+ before in a 5 hour span.

and if ur looking for awesome brawl+ practice and competition - philly is where its at! youve come to the right place lol

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Sounds pretty promising. I guess I'll just call you (as to what time CT gets to the venue/just me) since you put your number up there.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Eww Melee, lol jk but not really jk.

If I'm really bored you'll see me in Philly Friday but don't count on it.

I just don't play Melee @ all anymore and I hate going to tournies when I don't practice the game itself.

Melee is fun though.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Ooo, I forgot about that. Some of the Melee setups dedicated to Brawl+ would be amazing. People that wanna play Brawl+ should go anyways so you all can **** me lol.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
anyone who brings a TV gets their venue fee waived

additionally, if there is time for brawl+ singles, it will be free entry so we can get as many ppl as possible to enter to experience the game
the winner will get $20

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Brawl+ singles def should take priority over crews/anything else lol. I guess Melee makes sense to be held since you get all the Melee people anyways though lol.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea we wont be doing crews so we can do b+ instead

im holding a brawl+ only tourney in may, the threads in tourney listings, its called beyond the limit

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
ok question:

how many actual ppl are thinking about coming to this for melee?

if not one wants to come (cause of that stupid poker thing or somethin)
im just gonna say **** it and make it brawl+ only

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Make it Brawl+ as main event and I'll go most likely lol.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
hmm.... new idea!

Melee singles
Brawl+ Doubles and Singles

hmmm.... im liking this idea!

start it off with brawl+ and offer doubles and single which is awesome and fun

end it with melee singles free entrance ($20 prize for winner) so people can get practice for spoc, and its later in the night which might get more ppl to come if either
-they get into philly late friday night for spoc or
-they go to the poker thing and realizes it blows and comes to this instead lol

skyheart

Smash Lord
a lot of people are actually coming to this, wife, prog, some more md people, me most likely if it's melee, and some new jersey people, plus scar im sure, and windowl? i don't know, but i've heard a lot of people are actually coming to this, if you are going to change it to brawl anything, do so now so that me and the others won't go and waste our trip

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
prog said he couldnt come. the reason i was thinkn of the switch was cause no one was rly showing interest, but if there is interest then il keep it mainly melee. have ppl post in here lol, hype it up

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
prog said he couldnt come. the reason i was thinkn of the switch was cause no one was rly showing interest, but if there is interest then il keep it mainly melee. have ppl post in here lol, hype it up
You are a liar and a fiend. I said it was doubtful. What time does it start?

prog

a lot of people are actually coming to this, wife, prog, some more md people, me most likely if it's melee, and some new jersey people, plus scar im sure, and windowl? i don't know, but i've heard a lot of people are actually coming to this, if you are going to change it to brawl anything, do so now so that me and the others won't go and waste our trip

See, people don't even want to play me, they just want to meet me. Get like me.

skyheart

Smash Lord
wow chibo, not only are you a terrible host (from cot4), you like to lie and play it off as if your assumptions are correct, im sorry but i've only seen negative things about you

prog

wow chibo, not only are you a terrible host (from cot4), you like to lie and play it off as if your assumptions are correct, im sorry but i've only seen negative things about you
Eh, I screw with Chibo's head a lot. Ask him about when we play cards and I throw a chair at him. I haven't done that yet. Yet.

skyheart

Smash Lord
haha nice gif, but i didn't mean to sound extremely serious or anything, so chibo, if you're reading it it's not that i hate you or anything, just thinking back to cot4, it was such a disaster, and i know it's old news, so im gonna drop it before it gets out of hand

so let's hype this tourney up!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Won't be attending. I'll be...superfly.

sry i just though this meant he wasnt comin :laugh:

i wanna do melee tho lol

plz dont base me being a TO on cot4, its behind us as u said

either way, this will be awesome. how about
brawl+ singles
then melee doubles
then melee singles

i just heard earlier another car of 3 ppl were coming but might not be there in time for the first event, so an extra 3 ppl helps. im sure we'l be fine

Top Bottom