• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Draw With Your Power - ROUND 16: SNAKE

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I'll be sure to keep that in Honorable Mention Super Sonic.

Hm, Honorary Cookie Award... I like it. I'll throw it in there soonish.

Anyway, this week: MARIO! Gogogogogogogo.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'll be sure to keep that in Honorable Mention Super Sonic.

Hm, Honorary Cookie Award... I like it. I'll throw it in there soonish.

Anyway, this week: MARIO! Gogogogogogogo.
make sure we show a really yummy looking cookie. I think it will make people think harder.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer

This is fairly old (my first flash creation!), but I'm entering it anyway. It wasn't too bad for a first attempt at sprite animation, actually.

Mit

Smash Ace
Still no more entries? :O

I'm gonna whip mine up today.

After I sleep...

EDIT: Turns out I didn't have the time as I was busy with a project that's tying me up for the next couple days. And no one else submitted anything ;_; Did we actually have zero entries?

Are most of you in high school and have finals or something? -.-

And I can't even bump the thread because of the strict double posting rules.

Dragonoise

Smash Apprentice
Well, that's seems to be my case. Busy with school and whatnot. I wanted to make something cool for Mario--something in the Other category, but meh. I just didn't have the time. I'll probably make it anyway for the fun of it.

Hopefully, this starts picking up again, 'cause I feel like participating now that I have more free time.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Congratulations to Skyler!

:/

Uhm. Yea. Our next character will be...!

(Awaits Zook)

MASTERLINKX

enjoy my good friend shulk! :)
NNID
MASTERLINKX
Late or not, I had some spare time today, so for fun, I ended up drawing this on some random site.

I'm adding it here because I just saw the category was Mario.

I wish this place would be more active.

Ange

Smash Lord
You guys finished this round with only 2 entries? Honestly, I think this week should have been running longer if there wasnt enough entries, maybe for another week.

I do believe alot of us are busy with final tests and such things, and this is also the case for me. I dont have the time to put effort into drawing something for this contest. I dont want to send in just a spam picture made in MSpaint in 5 minutes, I want to actually put effort into it, which I dont have time with right now. :/

I currently have a few things left for school that needs to be done, so I just hope this thread wont die down completely.

Maybe you guys can close DWYP for awhile if the entries are running low (which they currently do)? I mean, we cant have a contest with only 2 entries.

Ange

Smash Lord
I think we should continue the Mario week until we have a viable number of entries.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I think I'll agree with Ange on this - we'll just slug along these last few days/weeks until people are open to participate again.

So, I'll just accumulate the entries for now - nothing late. :D

Just a question though, if you're thinking of participating - when would you start having free time?

Ange

Smash Lord
I end school on 5th June.

However, 27th May is the last day we get to hand in our schoolworks, so it would be after that. We're doing a few stuff after that too, but thats just particular activities during the days, nothing schoolwork-related.

So, Im highly sure I can start being active again after 27th May.

Moozle

Smash Champion
I think once summer starts people will definitely start to add in their pieces again. For me this is the busiest time of year, and I'm only in high school! Either way, I have free time tomorrow night to draw so I'll put in my squirtle drawing once the squirtle week really starts (if the Mario week is continued).

Hyrus

Smash Journeyman
I figured people were going to throw down some amazing Marios and I wouldn't bother, since I couldn't think of anything creative that hasn't been done before. But considering the lack of participation:

I took a look at the old art I used for a game I made a while back and (like any art I draw) wasn't happy with it, so I tried to doodle Mario into a stockier figure with more traditional proportions.

Drawn in Flash.

matt4300

Smash Ace
SWEET... i thought i would miss mario week. (god **** i wish i was in roy week...) I will more than likely make some mario stuff. So look forward to some more entries. i might do more than one

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
Good thing this was extended I just got this done today. It could use some more touching up but I'm late as it is xD

Hand drawn in pencil. It's THE GODFATHER....Mario.

The letters aren't clear enough I don't think. You guys can see them, right? x.x;

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
If I tilt my monitor to see more contrast. xD

Nice work.

Mit

Smash Ace
Horray for this thread reviving out of nowhere. I'm all finished being busy so I should have an entry in by the end of this week. Had my concept sketched out already but lacked the time last week to finish it.

Splice

Smash Hero
I have another one.
It may not be allowed in, because, technically speaking, it isn't a drawing.
And the two Mario ones posted before this are awesome.
Anyway here is my CLAY MARIO THING.

Ange

Smash Lord
I have another one.
It may not be allowed in, because, technically speaking, it isn't a drawing.
And the two Mario ones posted before this are awesome.
Anyway here is my CLAY MARIO THING.
It doesnt need to be a drawing to be allowed in, it can be anything, just as long it was made by you. That is why there is an "Other" category. :)

Good to see this thread being alive.

matt4300

Smash Ace
heres my mario... and I know its got problems... but I dont want to work on it longer.. im tired ~_~
OH and **** frown that is awsome.. im voting for you XD. (you would have to have been there when i opened it)
and check out my new avatar XD im proud of it for once.(mostly because I was trying to not make ishida pretty like he is in bleach)
http://i42.tinypic.com/ifpzde.jpg
man the site i used for the uploades of both pics really degrades the quality >_>
digital

Mit

Smash Ace
Very nice. Out of curiosity, what program do you use for painting? Could just be regular old Photoshop, but I've been looking around for a painting program I'm comfortable with. Painting and Photoshop don't seem to go well together with my tablet for whatever reason (or I just suck at configuring brushes).

matt4300

Smash Ace
Even though you have asked me this before... The Captain^^^ comands me to answer as many times as he sees fit.

Ok so for my yoshi I used PS, for bower I used corel painter, and for Uryu and that mario I used OC.... and yeh I also have no idea how to make brushes and such ... any affect you see on my pics was done by me going over the same lines multiple times until it looked cool to me... I almost never stray from the first defalt brushes on PS and ... well there arent any broshes on OC... So mario and uryu we pretty tedious... also i couldnt use layers.

Moozle

Smash Champion
Haha Frown, too good! Great job as usual Matt, you're an incredible artist!
I want that clay Mario thing as a christmas ornament lol:laugh:

Mit

Smash Ace
Even though you have asked me this before... The Captain^^^ comands me to answer as many times as he sees fit.

Ok so for my yoshi I used PS, for bower I used corel painter, and for Uryu and that mario I used OC.... and yeh I also have no idea how to make brushes and such ... any affect you see on my pics was done by me going over the same lines multiple times until it looked cool to me... I almost never stray from the first defalt brushes on PS and ... well there arent any broshes on OC... So mario and uryu we pretty tedious... also i couldnt use layers.
I thought I only asked you for how you did lineart :p

And interesting. My problem is I can just never get that painted look with default stuff in Photoshop. I can do airbrushes, but those are way less interesting and blurry. Other brushes for me tend to be SOLID COLOR SWIPE, with no nice blending or painty effect. Again I think it might just be my tablet and Photoshop not getting along (it isn't the greatest quality tablet.)

I do want to try painting in OC, but man, I would've never had the patience. Working with layers in that is much more tedious, as is just about everything, but it can produce nice results. (although you said you didn't use layers at all :O )

Mit

Smash Ace
Erm, a tad late, although I seem to recall our new rules are a tad less strict now? ^_^;;

In any case, here's mine, 'The Gift & the Curse'

Great taunt, but has dangerous repurcussions if used at the wrong time >:]

Tried my hand at painting in OpenCanvas for this one, and was frustrated until I realized I probably shouldn't use the watercolors and just use the pen to paint... Then it became a bit better. I think I'm gonna learn to paint better in Photoshop in the future or something though. Old OpenCanvas' shortcomings are too much for me for anything outside of lineart.

Background/flames were done in Photoshop.

Top Bottom