• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Draw With Your Power - ROUND 16: SNAKE

Mit

Smash Ace
Well technically, Squirtle was rocking those shades long before Gurren Lagann.

Also, I didn't get a chance to do my piece, and apparently most other people didn't either D:

EDIT: Someone bump this D: I would if they weren't so strict about double posts around here. I might throw up something for Squirtle if we decide to keep him on for a bit.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Keep up the nice work Recoil. I'm going to draw mine and hopefully post it today.

Also, mmmmmm Domino's. I should get some.

Mit

Smash Ace
I've got a sketch completed for my piece, and yes, it's Squirtle Squad related :p Although I'm trying to keep the Gurren Lagann references to a minimum >_<

Gonna try and finish the whole thing Saturday.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Take the time. Looks like we're in for another repeat Mario week...

Mit

Smash Ace
It seems I've gotten myself into a larger project than I expected, mine could take a while to finish @_@

Are we rolling with Squirtle for another week? ^_^;;

Mit

Smash Ace
I think mine is going to take me much longer than I anticipated @_@ Putting a lot of effort into this and trying out a slightly different painting style, and there's more than one character in this picture, and I'm about, halfway done with the first one... I'm gonna try to pick up the pace and finish it by the end of Sunday, but it certainly isn't going to be easy.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Well, while we're all still waiting, I thought I'd pop in here to inform you guys of Art With Your Power. It's another art competition, except not limited to Brawl characters.

Go take a look.

Rakuko

Smash Cadet
ummm....if DWYP's deadline isn't over for Squirtle yet, i'd like to enter with this drawing:

^^; i know the Squirtle Squad is played out, but i enjoyed drawing the Blastoise. X3

edit: just in case, i forgot to say that this is hand-drawn. >w<

Mit

Smash Ace
So, I never got around to finishing mine. I still plan on it, as it should look nice and make for a good wallpaper, but I haven't had much desire to draw as of late (I've been putting this together: http://www.backloggery.com/mit )

Whenever I finally finish it I'll post it here. As for now, it seems like participation's come to a halt :\

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
As for now, it seems like participation's come to a halt :\
HO HO HO my good sir! I beg to differ!

I randomly found this thread and it told me to draw a Squirtle. So I made a crappy doodle of a Squirtle even though all the previous posts were from like 3 weeks ago.

It eats Pikachus for breakfast and shoots Charizards for teh lulz.

This thread should stop being dead nao. :<

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
HO HO HO my good sir! I beg to differ!

I randomly found this thread and it told me to draw a Squirtle. So I made a crappy doodle of a Squirtle even though all the previous posts were from like 3 weeks ago.

It eats Pikachus for breakfast and shoots Charizards for teh lulz.

This thread should stop being dead nao. :<
WTF I've seen you draw doodles but I had no idea you were that ****ing good

Mit

Smash Ace
So, I said I would finish it, and after months of working on this thing on and off I've finished it. I can't believe I ever expected to do this in a week, lol (I think I finished the top Squirtle's head in a week, let alone the rest of the entire picture). Anyways, here we go:

deviantArt

EDIT: orite, how I made it. 100% Photoshop 7. So it would be a digital entry, should this contest get up off the ground again :p

Click for HUEG size. Should be friendly for widescreen or fullscreen wallpapers (with a little cropping) should you feel so inclined :)

Sorry for the necro as well, but this is where I was supposed to post this thing :p I kind of wish this thread didn't die out as well. I had a Ganondorf concept ready for whenever he got picked. I'm probably going to end up still drawing that one eventually.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Holy crap, I forgot I drew that Squirtle up there. :p

Week 15 started months ago... what's up Meno? Update this thing.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Oh wow, I remember this. I loved this competition. :p

Alright, I'll update tomorrow after classes - along with some very much needed rule updating.

Mit

Smash Ace
:O Really?

I somehow don't think it'll do too well though... As in, me and Zajice submitting and that's it... Need to get the word out again. I think there's an active art tournament in the Art forum, perhaps let them know about it.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Lols, it never did very well.

Well... at least not after Zook left. But as I said, I'll be changing the rules. :D

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
I just discovered this thread. Too bad it's a zombie.
But, if you'd be so kind as to go ahead and post who the next character to draw is, I'd like to get started.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622

Alright, so let's kick this off once again. I'll leave submission open for one more day if anyone wants to jump in real quick (speak up!), otherwise I'll start the voting process tomorrow if not.

Reign of Panic

Smash Rookie
Hooray I loved this thread =D

Not that anybody here would know me, I just watched from afar since it started. Plus I have no artistic ability either.

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
I have some proposals that I think would make this thread cleaner and easier... they require a bit of work from the moderator though.

1) on the first page, post every current contender's picture that is to be voted upon that week.
2) Create one post that includes every picture that won throughout the history of this contest. The prize then becomes getting your picture on the wall. (Currently you have names posted, with very few actually harboring a link to the picture they won for. The bigger this thread gets, and the more popular it becomes and the more people vote, the more absurd it is to expect people to sift through the pages to look at the art.) Either post this on the first page or, if you're concerned that having the current contesters' pictures AND this on the same page will be too much stuff to load, link to this post from the first page.

I would like to see this idea succeed. Without accessibility however, it won't be getting as popular as it should be.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I have some proposals that I think would make this thread cleaner and easier... they require a bit of work from the moderator though.
>_>;

Both of those ideas are being implemented already in the OP and the second post. Some of the older contests are being worked on still, but the recent ones are being archived.

Anyway, my votes!

Hand-Drawn: Rakuko
Digital: Mit
Creative: Zajice
Other: Recoil
Overall: Mit

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
Sorry I didn't realize that you had the idea down already. I could've really shortened my suggestion if I had.
My suggestion was to post the pictures themselves, not the links.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Vote tiem.

Hand-Drawn: Rakuko
Digital: Mit
Creative: Mit
Other: Recoil
Overall: Mit

Mit wins.

Top Bottom