• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dragonball Z

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
what??????????????
do you mean Dragon ball Kai?
as for that airing i don't keep up cause the voice acting is garbz imo
and popo is blue!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
what??????????????
do you mean Dragon ball Kai?
as for that airing i don't keep up cause the voice acting is garbz imo
and popo is blue!
Then don't watch the edited version on TV. lol

And I think NickNyte's just joking because whenever you tune to DBZ, they seem to always be on Namek. XD

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I remember one bit where they took like 20 episodes for Goku to get healed up in what was supposed to be a one hour time frame. I'm not kidding.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
gokus charging dat spirit bomb and we all know thats a season in itself

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Episode 1: "Goku begins charging strength for the Spirit Bomb!"

Goku: Give me STRENGTH!!!

Episode 2: "Can Goku get the energy he needs for the Spirit Bomb?"

Goku: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!

*end episode*

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
DBZ: Kai

funniest thing I've seen in a while were these two quotes.

Guy who calls him Kakorat: How did you find me?

Goku: That's none of your business!

Guy again: Fair Enough.

*Plot hole avoided very smoothly*

Piccolo loses his arm:

Goku: .....

Piccolo: At least I have another to fight with.

I mean like O_o

Piccolo <3

Red(SP)

Smash Journeyman

And I think NickNyte's just joking because whenever you tune to DBZ, they seem to always be on Namek. XD
Nicktoons?

Trunks showed up and killed
Frieza
and
King Cold

He told Goku why he showed up, did what he needed to do, and then left. I need to watch the eps. I recorded to catch up.

WaffleBlaster

Smash Journeyman
[COLOR="Plum"Guy who calls him Kakorat
3[/COLOR]
Uhm, SERIOUSLY.........REALLY??? COME ON! "You know, that guy that is one of the main characters and Goku's rival, oh, what is his name? OH YEAH! GUY WHO CALLS GOKU KAKOROT!!!!!!!"just no.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
That guy meant to say Raditz not Vegeta

And man, I LOVE this show no lie. Especially teh Spanish dubs and I don't mind the slow pace of the show. I wish Akira would make more chapters though >_>

And everytime I turn on to see DBZ, they're always in teh Cell Saga not the Namek Saga

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
It's nothing like it was back in the day (in the US, probably the late 90s or early 2000s) before the Cell Saga had even premiered. Namek re-runs out the ***. I hate Namek saga so much. I've seen every episode in Namek saga twice as much as any other episode.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
DBZKai made me hate the Namek saga so much. Do you know how many times I've seen the episode where Krillin and Gohan rescue Dende already thanks to Nick?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Frieza arc is the best arc in Z, IMO. Cell and Buu were cool for the power ups and new characters though.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I liked the Frieza arc the best as well. Cell was okay, and I didn't like Buu's arc until the very end when Kid Buu appeared.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
im an ocean dub fan its basically all not that good. :)
but i admit Bruce Faulconer is amazing
i decided to just skip kai cause the filler in original z isn't that bad and i have all these

i know its all Funi but im saving up for the whole saiyan arc box set by pioneer with ocean dub
Frieza arc is the best arc in Z, IMO. Cell and Buu were cool for the power ups and new characters though.
saiyan arc for sure

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I never liked the Buu Saga. The only part I really liked is when Goku and Vegeta finally got that rematch they were waiting for.

Frieza and Saiyan sagas were way good, but what got me into the series was the Cell saga.

Jonas

Smash Champion
When Goku was about to land on Namek, the speaker in his capsule said "landing in 5 minutes" or something.
He didn't land till the end of the next episode D:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
i decided to just skip kai cause the filler in original z isn't that bad and i have all these
I prefer the original soundtrack since it feels more like how Dragon Ball really is. Although Bruce Faulconer's songs is pretty good. The filler arcs in Z weren't terrible, but the filler they used to stall in actual arcs ruined the pacing so much for me. I really liked Kai since it feels a lot more like the manga. The music's awesome too, imo.
I never liked the Buu Saga. The only part I really liked is when Goku and Vegeta finally got that rematch they were waiting for.
I used to hate the Buu saga when I first watched it. The manga version for it is so much better that I like it a lot in that. It's so much shorter since the anime stalled so much. Plus I love how the Buu saga is a lot more comedic like early Dragon Ball.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings

i know its all Funi but im saving up for the whole saiyan arc box set by pioneer with ocean dub

saiyan arc for sure
Holy **** please give them all to me please because watching those would be heaven for me.

And imo, my favorite saga was teh Buu Saga. At least Satan stopped being as annoying as he was in the Cell Saga, Majin Vegeta was a bad ***, Kid Buu was a sadist, Fat Buu was a pink fat blob, and Super Buu killing everybody on earth with his Genocide Attack was cool as well. The only thing I hate them for is the fact that they introduced Goten and Trunks (in his kid form) to the series which was a pain in the *** because they're super annoying

The Cell Saga was also ok, but it really started getting me hooked at around the time the actual Cell Games started. Before that, everything was boring

The Frieza Saga sucked imo. The fight against Goku and Frieza dragged on for so many episodes, everything before that was boring, and the Ginyu Force... well I don't know what to say about them frankly. The only good part that I liked was when Goku became SSJ, but that's it

The Saiyan Saga... well imo that's not even worth watching because the fight with Raditz was boring as hell and the fight against Vegeta was also long as **** and Vegeta was basically trashing everybody around for the entire fight. If it wasn't that they got lucky with Gohan, they woulda all died already.

And since the topic of Raditz pops up, I wonder what would've happened if Raditz had really kept his word and became one of the good guys when Goku spared his life the first time.

Peeze

Smash Master
Buu saga was great cause it had 8700 incarnations of the same bad guy, we got to see vegeta and goku fuse and buu didnt even die just became uub.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
The Namek Saga was my favorite. Collecting the Dragon Balls actually meant life or death. It was cool that at one time Frieza had 5, Vegeta 1 and then the Eldest Namek 1. The numbers would flop around and I wondered how it would all end up. It might not be as interesting now because I know what happens, but when I first saw it was entertaining.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
The Namek Saga was my favorite. Collecting the Dragon Balls actually meant life or death. It was cool that at one time Frieza had 5, Vegeta 1 and then the Eldest Namek 1. The numbers would flop around and I wondered how it would all end up. It might not be as interesting now because I know what happens, but when I first saw it was entertaining.
I still think it's awesome. Them hurrying to summon the dragon on Namek, Namek being close to exploding, and the scene in the Saiyan arc where Vegeta transformed into an ape were probably some of my favorite moments in the series. It just seemed like really clutch moments where I wondered how they were going to pull through. Cell's and Buu's arc never gave me that same feeling.

finalark

SNORLAX
I still think it's awesome. Them hurrying to summon the dragon on Namek, Namek being close to exploding, and the scene in the Saiyan arc where Vegeta transformed into an ape were probably some of my favorite moments in the series. It just seemed like really clutch moments where I wondered how they were going to pull through. Cell's and Buu's arc never gave me that same feeling.
I second this. For me, the series started stagnating around the Cell arc anyway.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Namek saga was great, but I just can't get past the damn "5 minutes until planet explodes" lasting an eternity. Saiyan Saga was definitely cool. Started off a bit slow, but having Piccolo and Goku, who were enemies at the time teaming up was fun to watch. Fast forward to the struggles against Nappa, how Piccolo sacrificed himself, how Goku barely made it on time...good stuff.

Also, does anyone ever wonder why King Kai never thought Kaio-Ken to Tien, Chaotzu, and Yamcha? Sure could have come in handy later down the line (Yamcha getting owned by Android 19 and 20).

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Given the fact they lasted a bit against the Cell Jrs, I'm sure it would have at least prevented Yamcha from getting grabbed and hand stabbed.

Now if Piccolo had cooperated with King Kai and learned Kaio-Ken...

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Given the fact they lasted a bit against the Cell Jrs, I'm sure it would have at least prevented Yamcha from getting grabbed and hand stabbed.

Now if Piccolo had cooperated with King Kai and learned Kaio-Ken...
Wasn't Yamcha taken by surprised and had his ki drained so he couldn't fight back?
Not that he would've done better if it wasn't for that...

And I always figured that Tien, Yamcha, and Chaotzu just didn't have the ability to learn the Spirit Bomb or Kaio-Ken technique.

Top Bottom