• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doubles Zelda >>> Singles Zelda.

MrEh

Smash Hero
QFT

Hey when is Kawaii-Con, Eh?
http://www.kawaii-kon.org/

April 16-18.

Housing might be possible if you let us know in advance. If you do come down, it'll be lots of fun. Since a decent chunk of our group will be running the game room, there will certainly be Smash. (Street Fighter 4 and other fighters are a given as well.)

And of course, you can enjoy the general nerdiness that is an anime convention.

JuJux

Smash Apprentice
Omg I didn't see this thread yet !
I <3 doubles so much !!!
Zelda is a really good character in it, imo. Smash, Din and LK are easier too use in doubles than in singles.
The major problem here is to find a partner who doesn't mind about occasional Smash, dins and LK which touch him :x ! You need a permanent teammate !
Imo, In doubles, Zelda should be the "camper" (Major time at middle/long distance from the fight), and his teammate the "tanker" (I <3 this word. Major time at middle/short distance from the fight), and he has to know how cancel the dins with his moves. If he cancels a dins, your dins and his move touch the oppenents (just great :3).

My personnal list about the best teammate in doubles is :

1) MK :
Lol. MK himself is a ****ing beast in doubles anyways. His tornado cancels the Dins, the dins protect him after his tornado, Infinite Dtilt lock with MK's jab is just too cheap~, ect ect .
The major problem with him is his bad horizontal air speed imo.

2) Snake :
ahah. Grenado + Dins = epic win. His Ftilt is safe if you space your dins behind oppenents' shield. You can help him during his recovery, ect ~
The problem here is that Snake must know how to play with Zelda and don't try 2 x 1v1 :/ ..

3) DK :
My permanent teammate is a DK.
Some of DK's move cancel the dins (especially the Bup which is canceled itself by the dins), Headbutt in the dtilt lock is too cheap, he can combo easily after (or during, with his Dsmash without touching you) your Usmash with Bair, Uair, Punch, Dair, you can do some tricks with his cargo release, ect ect ~
problem : DK is TOO big :x !

noradseven

Smash Lord
http://www.kawaii-kon.org/

April 16-18.

Housing might be possible if you let us know in advance. If you do come down, it'll be lots of fun. Since a decent chunk of our group will be running the game room, there will certainly be Smash. (Street Fighter 4 and other fighters are a given as well.)

And of course, you can enjoy the general nerdiness that is an anime convention.
Or they could go to FINAL ROUND XIII, hell yeah.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Omg I didn't see this thread yet !
I <3 doubles so much !!!
Zelda is a really good character in it, imo. Smash, Din and LK are easier too use in doubles than in singles.
The major problem here is to find a partner who doesn't mind about occasional Smash, dins and LK which touch him :x ! You need a permanent teammate !
Imo, In doubles, Zelda should be the "camper" (Major time at middle/long distance from the fight), and his teammate the "tanker" (I <3 this word. Major time at middle/short distance from the fight), and he has to know how cancel the dins with his moves. If he cancels a dins, your dins and his move touch the oppenents (just great :3).

My personnal list about the best teammate in doubles is :

1) MK :
Lol. MK himself is a ****ing beast in doubles anyways. His tornado cancels the Dins, the dins protect him after his tornado, Infinite Dtilt lock with MK's jab is just too cheap~, ect ect .
The major problem with him is his bad horizontal air speed imo.

2) Snake :
ahah. Grenado + Dins = epic win. His Ftilt is safe if you space your dins behind oppenents' shield. You can help him during his recovery, ect ~
The problem here is that Snake must know how to play with Zelda and don't try 2 x 1v1 :/ ..

3) DK :
My permanent teammate is a DK.
Some of DK's move cancel the dins (especially the Bup which is canceled itself by the dins), Headbutt in the dtilt lock is too cheap, he can combo easily after (or during, with his Dsmash without touching you) your Usmash with Bair, Uair, Punch, Dair, you can do some tricks with his cargo release, ect ect ~
problem : DK is TOO big :x !
Hey man where is your avatar from the girl on the left looks like the girl from to aru no rail gun but I don't recogonize the other two girls.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Hey man where is your avatar from the girl on the left looks like the girl from to aru no rail gun but I don't recogonize the other two girls.
That's cause it is from To Aru Kagaku no RailGun. The one on the left is the level 1 in Judgement, center is level 5 in Judgement, right is the level 4 in Judgement.

I've gotten into that series and I must say that its really good to watch. :D

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
That's cause it is from To Aru Kagaku no RailGun. The one on the left is the level 1 in Judgement, center is level 5 in Judgement, right is the level 4 in Judgement.

I've gotten into that series and I must say that its really good to watch. :D
Im pretty sure we're talking about the same series. By the way there isn't a level five in judgement she just helps them out from time to time technically she isn't a part of judgement. Still they don't look like the girls from the show but I guess a little they do aside form the one one the left.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Im pretty sure we're talking about the same series. By the way there isn't a level five in judgement she just helps them out from time to time technically she isn't a part of judgement. Still they don't look like the girls from the show but I guess a little they do aside form the one one the left.
To Aru Kagaku no RailGun

That's the series I'm talking about. I'm sure we are talking about the same series though.

Just watch it and you'll find your flower headband girl.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
So back to doubles......................

Teaming with a Peach at KTAR2. Gimme ideas, go go go go!

I know I'm gonna have to be the main killer, and I'm assuming the heavy camp strategy won't work as well.... tell me what I should be doing. =X

I've played this team a lot before, but we haven't come up with a solid gameplan. Din's > Toad is too fun, though.

Bandit

Smash Lord
Peach is ROB-lite. She is hard to kill, she is defensive, and she sets you up for awesome team names. Riot has the experience with this one while I am more theoretical. I only recently got the chance to team with a peach. If peach sets up the Toad counter, it works beautifully. You will need to be able to save her though.

I'll have more later when the discussion heats up.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Basic Peach Zelda Team Experience:

Basic strategy: Peach goes in and does what she does best... being annoying. Peach goes into the fray and uses her superior mobility and fast comboable air moves to keep the other two characters distracted. Zelda uses Din's from afar. Your goal with Din's is to either end Peach's combos with them, or find openings in the two opponents defenses which the Peach can then use to combo off of.

- Peach's nair completely cancels out Din's for her. So make sure the peach knows that when in the air that is what she should be doing to avoid damage. She can also time it so that the first part stops damage and she can drop on top of the opponents for the rest of the move to add more shield pressure or hit them once they think they have blocked the Din's.

- The same setup applies to this team as most other Zelda teams. Zelda wants to be isolated so she can camp. Turnips can actually work really well, just make sure that you aren't destroying them with Din's. You might want to aim for the back half of the opponents. This should apply enough pressure for them to frantically approach which the Peach can use to her advantage to knock them away again. If anyone trys to approach and trys to dodge past the peach to get to you, you either knock them away or Dtilt lock them. If you get the lock tell the peach and then go for the grab on the next trip, this way the Peach can upsmash or fair them.

- When it comes time to kill is it mostly up to you. You should probably find you own way to do this, I don't really think there are any tricks... If the Peach grabs someone you can lightning kick them or uptilt them which will usually kill. The Peach is not completely useless when it comes to killing... Upsmash can be good you just have to bait the airdodge which should not be too hard as Zelda... who wants to get hit by an upair anyways? If you plan on ledgewarping for a surprise kill tell the Peach either up or down. The peach can float in said position and you can ledgewarp and throw a move out the other way creating a wall of death.

- If the Peach gets gimped just throw out a Din's. If you are both at high percentages think about who you want to keep that stock... because one of you is going to die once the other team figures out what you are doing.

- As the stock tank in the group you should learn how to momentum cancel. Honestly that is allowing me to live at least 15% more per stock. Of course good DI is more important... try to always know what you are going to be hit with.

- Two on one. If you and Peach are alive camp the **** out of that jerk. Turnips and Din's. If someon has to go in, it should be the Peach. She can deal with the one on one more efficiently and hopefully knock the opponent to you or create an opening for you. If you are the only one left, you should probably have a stock for your partner to steal. If you don't be creative. Zelda is not completely helpless in 2v1 you just cannot be predictable.

Basic Strategy section over!!!!

Riot's notes!:

-Have fun. Zelda Peach is too fun. Kicking *** as two characters NO ONE wants to lose to is awesome.

- Try to learn the trajectory of Peach's moves, if you know where the opponent is going to be you know where to lightning kick.

Come up with some plans before going to the tournament. Like if certain character show up make sure the Peach knows which ones you cannot be left alone with.

Don't be afraid to steal stocks, I hate to say this but the Peach needs you more than you need her. Peach can't kill for crap... If there is a Snake around Peach is only feared around 180% so take that stock if you need it.

Be crazy. It's teams.. you can afford to be more daring. Lightning kick out of shield. Jump to nothing then lightning kick. Stuff that would not usually work can work for you now!

Speaking of daring... if Peach grabs someone over the edge you can dair them and they will usually die.

If you get sent flying with an enemy on accident GO FOR THE KICK!!!! They hate it when they die at 60% because their teammate accidently hits both of you. This also destroys morale and can make them fear Zelda in the air, which is great for baiting air dodges.

Have fun! Tell me how you do and if you find anything new/useful.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
So I'm now back from a tourney.

I took a dump on singles but did good in teams

I have vids of them, I think, so they should be up sometime soon.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
if the zeldas want, i can throw in a bit of peach facts in doubles that could be useful

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I'm sorry, we don't need your opinion. :urg:

Jkjk, please contribute. <3 Any advice is appreciated.

Btw, if this means anything, the Peach I'm teaming with is super aggressive. Like.... stupidly aggressive and won't change that. ;; So any tips specific to partnering with that kind of Peach would be great.

Bandit

Smash Lord
First the negative:

You guys really don't do too much as far as team attacks BUT

Now the positive:

It works extremely well!

You guys zone a side of the stage and really stick to your man while keeping a back to back type of team. I think it works well and DK is a great partner (I bet people wouldn't of had that first thought).

And you destroyed that Diddy!!

I think it works well strategy-wise. Good vids.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Eh, I guess. Though the DK kept dying on me, but I didn't mind holding stock.

But I'm just glad that MorningStar was good on spacing. I tried to help him out the best way I could.

The death on Diddy that turned into a death on Kirby wasn't planned at all but we went with it and took the W. :)

Nike.

Smash Hero
I got rapedddddddddddddd that game. Rocket came out of nowhere and I eat a DK uair xD

And I also got sniped by you D:

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k3UaE4a1WI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ny0MDqV_wg

My Doubles match's the day before the tourney.

Criticize about it then get back @ me.
On the first match against Falco... keep in mind that utilt, usmash(not worth it), and dsmash(I somehow can get it to work if the Falco goes right through me) can break his side B recovery. That's my biggest advice I have for you that I noticed as a Zelda player. Otherwise, great teaming! All you have to work on now is capitalizing on openings when opponents are sent your way. ^_^

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
On the first match against Falco... keep in mind that utilt, usmash(not worth it), and dsmash(I somehow can get it to work if the Falco goes right through me) can break his side B recovery. That's my biggest advice I have for you that I noticed as a Zelda player. Otherwise, great teaming! All you have to work on now is capitalizing on openings when opponents are sent your way. ^_^
That was actually one thing that pissed me off.

In Melee, you could Fsmash and Nayru's the Illusion and it would stop. I'll try to use more Utilt against it. :)

Also thanks for the comment.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
And that is the beauty of having an annoying character that EVERYONE wants to die on your team. No one notices me until they kill the Peach lol, its just raining fire for no discernible reason!

Bandit

Smash Lord
And that is the beauty of having an annoying character that EVERYONE wants to die on your team. No one notices me until they kill the Peach lol, its just raining fire for no discernible reason!
Teaming with a Falco in B+, everyone wants him to die so bad. It isn't until they realize that I still have 4 stocks while everyone else has 2 or 3 that they go, waiiiiiiit...

I camp hard in teams :)

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Bandit, who compliments Zelda+ well in doubles?

I can't tell if Jiggs is a good or bad idea... could Din's wake up kill her? I always forget how strong it is.

Bandit

Smash Lord
Dins could kill depending on how long it has to travel but not before 120% I would imagine.

Jiggs seems like an okay partner (I haven't had the opportunity to team with one; I've just played against Jiggs teams). The Zelda has to hold her own because Jiggs is going to do the heavy lifting while Zelda keeps the opposing team's partner occupied. The only negative is any accidental dins damage is pretty bad to jiggs. Good news is that Zelda should tank stock and give Jiggs 5 lives.

G&W works really well (bucket and covers match-ups). Ness and Lucas work well because they can tank incredibly well healing with dins. I'm not sure on the match-ups with them though. DK works well and Bowser (he is a beast in teams). Snake & MK work because, well, they are really good.

Basically, Zelda needs someone to help cover her match-ups (Marth, Ike, MK, Snake, Olimar, G&W).

I team with a Falco (Thunderhorse). I put the idea to him 6 months ago for the team because he was teaming with his friend who was trying Zelda. The team then didn't work because the Zelda was being aggressive. I told him that the team should work well because the lasers in Falco's game + Zelda dins + Zelda Usmash makes for huge defensive wall. Zelda can save Falco when he's about to die (this goes for DK and Bowser too) and Falco covers some match-ups. We did really well and stuck to the plan ever since. We've been called Team Spam because 2v1 is impossible against us.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Okay, I'm teaming with a Snake next! Gogogo!

Does anybody have any vids, by any chance?

I wanna play as lame as possible. Dtilt traps, LK setups, best camp positioning..... I know we kinda went over Snake before, but I forget by now. ;;

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Snake Zelda vids are still there lol.

When you get a dtilt yell "LOCK!" or something, but then go for the grab on the next trip and Snake should have enough time to forward smash them.

Luckily enough 99% of snakes moves will stop him from getting hit by Din's...

SUPER CAMP! etc. etc.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Ty. Wasn't sure if the vids were still there, and I was honestly too lazy to look.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Me and X-factor have been teaming for friendlies at my house. He uses Snake a lot in teams so I will see if I can get some new double vids up on my youtube this weekend. Should be vastly dif from me and Fatal.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Hooray! I'm gonna try to team with one of my two Snake-playing crewmates today during practice, but there's gonna be a lot of people there, so we'll see. ><

At this point, the only things that seem to screw me over in doubles are:

G&W
TL
Nado-spamming MKs
Lucas

MK himself doesn't bother me (I actually prefer him MUCH more than a G&W or TL), but when he spams tornado, it nullifies my camp game. For the life of me, I don't understand why a big *** fireball can't blow him up out of his nado. -_-

I'm thinking I'll just CP Pikachu for these guys unless anybody has any tips.

Bandit

Smash Lord
Dins only breaks them out right when they start nado. Well timed fsmash and ftilt beat nado as well. In both cases, they trade but it knocks him out of nado (IIRC)

Otherwise, I got nothing.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I usually fsmash or shield. I played around with it a bit today in doubles, and yeah: Din's does beat nado sometimes. I dunno if it had to do with slots or what (slot priority is one of those things I never bothered to learn about x.x!).... I couldn't see any obvious pattern to when it stopped nado and when it didn't.

Anyways, all I gotta say is............ Zelda + Snake is too ****ing good. I forgot to get replays like a dumb***, but when it's done right, this team is <333.

Still have to go Pika for G&W and TL. :urg: But I think I'm getting the hang of going against dubs MK.

Top Bottom