• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Drink the Falcon Punch! - TBA

Winnar

Smash Lord
Yay!!! IC training! and yes everyone gets angry when playing against me. They all accuse me of solely using wavedash to Dsmash... :urg:
That's the opposite of what I told you

I told you that you weren't doing that enough

You just stood still and downsmashed or fsmashed and it kind of threw me off for a while

MmmM ITZ TastY

Smash Cadet
@josh yessss Fox is soooo good....im just not good at him yet. I have been only playing falcon and IC's lately for fun. oh and abuse wd to down smash.....abuse it sexually

@vts. I must join in on this IC training! I want mine to be better. I can wobble evertime, but when i want to chain grab I usually just use the down b ice.....Every time I try the short hop down air with nana to chain grab on any person with DI i dont get it. I can do it all day to computers, but people it just doesn't work for me :/

Samba

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of Kirby, I've always wanted to enter teams as Kirby with my ally as Falco. Short-hop double laser, short hop double laser hahah!!
I used to main kirby back in '09, I'd like to play him again...

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Speaking of Kirby, I've always wanted to enter teams as Kirby with my ally as Falco. Short-hop double laser, short hop double laser hahah!!
I used to main kirby back in '09, I'd like to play him again...

Wait.. I thought the SHDL didn't exist in Melee? O.o

Winnar

Smash Lord
In brawl, Kirby can do triple SHL's

It's extremely fun, but not enough to make me ever want to play kirby except in doubles

Samba

Smash Apprentice
Wait.. I thought the SHDL didn't exist in Melee? O.o
That's why I want my ALLY to be Falco, so I can steal his lasers at the beginning of the match and then use Kirby's floaty jump to get off SHDLs . A fantastic thing I discovered was with Kirby's up-throw against fastfallers (other people probably know about it too but anyway).
Up-throw and when you bounce back up after hitting the ground, Laser, re-grab. If they don't DI away at medium-high % it's infinite.
And since everyone plays Fox/Falco it'd be a great combo maneuver in teams especially.
Kirby+Falco=my destiny hahah

Samba

Smash Apprentice
DESTINY ACHIEVED!! Let's buddy up sometime toast, it'll be an unstoppable laserfest!!
(and we have to be blue team so I look like Falco's head hahah)

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
So... We have a room now. I'm about to update the main page. It will be in the UC, which is on the south side of campus. It's the main room. We'll be on the 2nd floor I think. There are elevators so carrying TV's won't be a problem. The only thing is that "technically" we won't be exchanging monies (as far as the university knows), but we will have the room from 9 AM to 9 PM. So as for exchanging monies I'm going to find some shifty, secret way to do that, because it is really happening. But hey, we've got a room! I'm gonna go check it tomorrow to see what kind of power cords I will need. I'm happy again. :bee:

BunBun

Smash Master
Everybody gives $5 for pizza, and the top 3 will be responsible for getting the pizza after it is over.

Whether they actually do or not, IDKlol

_ToAsT_

Smash Apprentice
Toast approves of this location. The UC is the perfect place for a tourney. As far as handling the monies goes, I agree with BunBun. Top 3 is responsible for... Pizza ;3

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
aspiring ICs: your shield isn't as good as you probably think it is. move around or you're gonna get *****.

moonwalk boostgrab is ******** with sheik and fox

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Toast approves of this location. The UC is the perfect place for a tourney. As far as handling the monies goes, I agree with BunBun. Top 3 is responsible for... Pizza ;3

Victory! $5 pizza donations for the winners! I don't think anyone will be watching us, so I think it should be pretty easy. I will end up paying everyone back off site probably. Like outside the UC by Southern Ave. Anyways, we've got a good room. Tomorrow I'll check it for stuffs.

Also about Brawl.... if we get 8 people or more I'm keeping it. If not, MvC3 will rule the day. I figure since we had 2 competitive brawlers show up last time that if I ask for 8, it may or may not happen. I just found out that were doing this the same day as CBU's Brawl tourney so it may flop in the end. I am not gonna push Brawl because I don't want to cause friction between Jester Kirby and myself.

Samba

Smash Apprentice
All of the things said by all people who've spoken in the last 24 hours on this thread have gained my ear's approval, and thus my brain's... Whose name I've decided will be Frederick... That is subject to change though...
Anyway I am totally there. And I can bring an 8-way outlet thing if we're short on plugins

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
*knocks on the melee door*

May I come in? The outside is very cold and Brawl won't stop stalking me.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Talon we've been inviting you in for a while. Join the dark side. You know you want to.

@Samba - yes please bring the outlet. I'm all about bringing more than necessary lol. It makes tournies go smoother.

Samba

Smash Apprentice
yeah, I got the outlet thing, a Gamecube thing or two, and one or two of those TV things.
Let me know if you're short on anything and I'll see if I can bring some of my own. I also have like six extension/splitter cords that are like a couple feet long and have two-three outlets on the ends, so we can use those too.
Will there be recording things at this tournament?

_ToAsT_

Smash Apprentice
Samba: I can't wait to play you. Its like"Yay a new person in Melee"

Talon: Join the Melee side. We have cookies.

LlamaSensei: I like that name better. It matches your avy somehow.

Vts

Smash Champion
aspiring ICs: your shield isn't as good as you probably think it is. move around or you're gonna get *****.

moonwalk boostgrab is ******** with sheik and fox
Sheik's is god like fox is just good

falco's is alright also

can't think of a character that gets as much speed/range as sheik's though

her's is like teleporting :D

MmmM ITZ TastY

Smash Cadet
In the UC?!?!?!??? Eeeeeeekkkk im so excited!!! Should i bring the ps3 for mvc3?? Or did you mean it will replace brawl in the next tourney if no one shows?

_ToAsT_

Smash Apprentice
In the UC?!?!?!??? Eeeeeeekkkk im so excited!!! Should i bring the ps3 for mvc3?? Or did you mean it will replace brawl in the next tourney if no one shows?
I think he meant if Brawl don't get at least 8 people, it will be canceled and replaced with MvC3 next time... With that said, bring a PS3 n.n

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Bring your HDMI cable if you have it. I have a flat screen 22" HD tv with an HDMI input. You could bring that. It's about 3 years old. I assume the HDMI will carry sound.

And toast is correct in saying that we will be attempting Brawl this time.

Question: BunBun and I talked about dropping the entry fee from $10 to $5 for singles. Any input on this? What you guys prefer to pay?

_ToAsT_

Smash Apprentice
Bring your HDMI cable if you have it. I have a flat screen 22" HD tv with an HDMI input. You could bring that. It's about 3 years old. I assume the HDMI will carry sound.

And toast is correct in saying that we will be attempting Brawl this time.

Question: BunBun and I talked about dropping the entry fee from $10 to $5 for singles. Any input on this? What you guys prefer to pay?
I say $10 for doubles (of course) and $5 for singles (Bad news for Iori :p.) I say $5 because I believe more people will attend that way and though more money would probably be made with less people with $10 entry fee than more people with $5, I like the thought of having a lot of people attend. If their isn't a big difference in attendance with the $5 change, I say go back to $10.

Toast over and out.

Vts

Smash Champion
So march 12th is the tournament right cus the 19 th is MO smash fest is going

But this weekend I can come and ur guys r off on the weekends cus they don't match the weeks first posted maybe delay it until the 26th

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Unfortunately, the School is closed on March 12 so I was unable to do it on that day. The only option we were given was to move it back a week. I had no choice, I've actually run into a few conflicts now, but am unable to do anything about it.

Samba

Smash Apprentice
Hey I won't be able to get on Smashboards for a few days, so if anything comes up concerning the tournament, tell Yoshiiscool or KOKingpin, they have my number.

Samba

nZocob

Smash Cadet
Wow im glad to see how many smashers are in my area X)
If you see a 13 year old kid playing as Puff that's me :p
Don't worry, i play melee lol. Brawl is trash XD
And I can actually play, and i can understand terms like DI, wavedash, so i ain't no noob lol.
I'm glad i get to see some IC mains in action finally lol.
I'm kinda scared of fox mains though, cause of watching hours of people like Mango XD
I hope my girlfriend will let me go to this XD

Top Bottom