• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Drink the Falcon Punch! - TBA

Samba

Smash Apprentice
Are you from another country?
I was born here in TN but I just moved BACK here from four years in Southeast Asia and everywhere else you can think of unless you're thinking of Europe. I guess I kinda grew up there , in SE Asia, even though I have spent a large fraction of my life in the states.
I just flew back here a couple months ago and have just finished moving into a new place and getting another job and all this stuff... gotta trot, can't finish what I was gonna say about FINISHING THIS SENTENCE I'M SO BUSY OOOAAAAH!!

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
nice. If I didn't have a date Friday night I would go, but that's a bit more important at the moment. I'm mint jelly though. Kick some butt for me.

Winnar

Smash Lord
nice. If I didn't have a date Friday night I would go, but that's a bit more important at the moment. I'm mint jelly though. Kick some butt for me.
I believe you have a tournament in MS to attend anyway :D

Also Darkrain is a falcon legend

Samba

Smash Apprentice
@VueBrawler, yeah I was 1st mate on a sailboat. left from the east coast of the states when I was 15, went to the Bahamas, Virgin Islands, Panama, through the canal, across the Pacific to French Polynesia, Tahiti, Fiji, New Zealand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore...... off the top of my head. I mean there were tons of places.
But this is supposed to be a thread about bi-weeklies, not life stories. We can save all that for some other more conducive time hahah.
What's the usual turnout at the bi-weeklies? How many people usually show?

BunBun

Smash Master
@VueBrawler, yeah I was 1st mate on a sailboat. left from the east coast of the states when I was 15, went to the Bahamas, Virgin Islands, Panama, through the canal, across the Pacific to French Polynesia, Tahiti, Fiji, New Zealand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore...... off the top of my head. I mean there were tons of places.
But this is supposed to be a thread about bi-weeklies, not life stories. We can save all that for some other more conducive time hahah.
Oh, we're totally having storytime.

Winnar

Smash Lord
wow I agree we definitely need to have storytime lol

Man what kind of sailboat? That's so awesome

Samba

Smash Apprentice
we'll go on Great Bay, cause it's got a beach. We'll make a black hole with some PK Fires, pretend it's a bonfire. And we'll throw some Mr. Saturns in there and pretend they're marshmallows... We will then be ready to swap stories hahah!!

@Winnar, it was C&C Landfall, 48ft (if the model/make means anything). Originally designed as a racing boat in 1987.

Winnar

Smash Lord
we'll go on Great Bay, cause it's got a beach. We'll make a black hole with some PK Fires, pretend it's a bonfire. And we'll throw some Mr. Saturns in there and pretend they're marshmallows... We will then be ready to swap stories hahah!!

@Winnar, it was C&C Landfall, 48ft (if the model/make means anything). Originally designed as a racing boat in 1987.
It was enough to look up some pictures on what the boat is generally like. Looks awesome!

I want to do something like that for sure, but I get seasick kind of easily. Is that something that I would naturally get better about after the first few days? Or should I just give up on that dream? Oooooor should I stock up on a ton of motion sickness medicine and just be heavily medicated the entire time I'm traveling the seas lol

My life sucks :(
Nah

but do tell :O

Samba

Smash Apprentice
It was enough to look up some pictures on what the boat is generally like. Looks awesome!

I want to do something like that for sure, but I get seasick kind of easily. Is that something that I would naturally get better about after the first few days? Or should I just give up on that dream? Oooooor should I stock up on a ton of motion sickness medicine and just be heavily medicated the entire time I'm traveling the seas lol
It depends on a few things. If you're only going to be on the water for a day or two straight, I'd recommend taking the medication. I wouldn't use the patch, use the pill, cause the patch dries out your mouth and leaves a bad taste. And if you wear it longer than you're supposed to and forget about it, like I've done once or twice, you'll hear voices... Which as you can imagine can be quite unsettling when you're alone up on deck at midnight in the middle of the Pacific, wondering who could possibly be talking to you, hahah!!
But if you're going to be rocking and rolling for like, three or more days (the longest I've ever gone without seeing land is 22) then your body will get used to the movement. And IF neither medication works for you, and you feel you need something, ginger. eat dried ginger, or ginger cookies, anything with ginger.

Lol im just playing....but sambas life story should be heard in in full detail at lunch at the uc next tourney
I'd be happy to weave you all the whole tale. although it honestly may take like, three tournament's worth of lunches to recount the WHOLE thing in as much detail as you may fancy hahah

Samba

Smash Apprentice
it does. nothing feels more relieving than having just vomited after being seasick for days hahah!!

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
So I think the next biweekly should include a 30-minute Q&A about Samba's life. The tournament slogan will be, "Come play Smash and learn about Samba's amazing life on a boat."

Samba

Smash Apprentice
Hahahah, making my life the headliner of the tournament is flattering
but I'm still working out rides as we speak. Like I said earlier about things being hectic, I moved in with three other people, two of which have jobs and need rides to work IF they have work that day. Hopefully they don't. And among friends who may come with, one of them's car is broken down, and another... well the point is I'm trying to coordinate something, ANYTHING among this fiasco of potential vehicles. But trying to work around the schedules of like a dozen people is... vexing... Cause I WANT to come SO BAD!!

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
We want you to come too! Obviously if you don't show up then the tournament will be a major letdown and everyone will be sad. :p

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
Hopefully I can actually stay alive and compete.lol.My job has seriously been pushing my limits and I was too tired to compete.Not that it mattered.hardly any brawl players showed.Loved playing MVC3 and melee all day though

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
Never.....I love melee for friendlies but brawl is my competitive spot.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
The irony of what you just said is astounding lol. Brawl has lost its competitive following just look at the numbers at pound V. 243 for melee and about 150 for brawl. Anyways, brawl is fun but I only enjoy it recreationally.

Samba

Smash Apprentice
*performs jig of delight*
I have a car.... and I am SO ready for this you guys!!

Edit: I'll be coming with at least one other human individual, Dinkerbob
who does not have a smashboards account. He's a Falcon player, and I don't know yet but we may enter doubles together as well as singles. Who should I talk to about this?

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Well... we are working on the exact location, and when the times will actually be. So for now the info I have to give you is that it will be on the University of Memphis campus, and you will be paying me.

MmmM ITZ TastY

Smash Cadet
Im switching my main to fox....baki and tron both have reslly good falcons...but jusg about everyone at least plays him...we can easily have some falcon 4's. Those are always fun :p

Vts

Smash Champion
TastY you have decided to main someone? I'm gonna be practicing IC tech skill for the next two weeks! It's ON!
:)

welcome to the wonderful world of being hated at every tournament you go to if you main ICs.

3 years and going on with my ICs (brawl took about 6-8 months away from that though ><)

if you want cool tricks with ICs next weekend i'll show u some most of them are just abusing nana being dumb

really easy character to play if you know what u want to do.

give me like 30m-1h with you and i can give u a huge list of stuff to practice how to do it and other stuff

also don't give up your main if u see someone else near u also playing same character just learn from there mistakes more :D

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
:)

welcome to the wonderful world of being hated at every tournament you go to if you main ICs.

3 years and going on with my ICs (brawl took about 6-8 months away from that though ><)

if you want cool tricks with ICs next weekend i'll show u some most of them are just abusing nana being dumb

really easy character to play if you know what u want to do.

give me like 30m-1h with you and i can give u a huge list of stuff to practice how to do it and other stuff

also don't give up your main if u see someone else near u also playing same character just learn from there mistakes more :D

Yay!!! IC training! and yes everyone gets angry when playing against me. They all accuse me of solely using wavedash to Dsmash... :urg:

Top Bottom