• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Drink the Falcon Punch! - TBA

Winnar

Smash Lord
Oh hush, you

btw guys there's a 20 page lab report that might be keeping me from going to this

BunBun

Smash Master
1. Iori
2. Ihavespaceballs
3. BunBun
4. Tron
5. Cyner
5. Toast
don't remember others.

Teams:
1. Iori + Toast
2. BunBun + Cyner
3. Myztek + Mignon
4. Tasty + ZZZZ

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
I've put a collapsed file of the brackets, pools, and results from the 1st tournament on the second post of this thread.

Anyways, I feel like I achieved a personal best tonight by actually winning a round, and stealing matches from Tron and Baki. I'm definitely going to be training a lot to get better by the next tournament. YAY for motivation! :bee:

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Can't wait to play you guys again :(

Next one for sure :D

BTW Josh, maybe add Marvel 3?
I actually sent Cyner a text 10 minutes ago about that. If Brawl fails at the next Biweekly we will permanently replace it with MvC3. Unless someone has some major objection to this.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
I had already suggest that Winnar... I was gonna hold a separate tournament series just for MvC3(and side stuff like BB:CS and SF4) but me and Josh will be discussing more in the future.

Just finished watching the WinterBrawl stream and the MvC3 fights were absolutely amazing.

MmmM ITZ TastY

Smash Cadet
Jartravious they are biweekly so the next will be march 12th

MvC3 would be amazing! You guys better play on ps3! 360 sucks for fighters

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Fatchu your avatar is the greatest thing I've seen in my lifetime! And of course we'd love to play you too. The next one will be on March 12. It will be on the UofM campus, but in a new room. I should know by the end of this week which room it will be in.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
That's a very interesting flyer. It needs more smash IMO. I might try contacting them just to see what the affiliation is. It could be a game store or a group of guys who play. Either way, they would make a good MvC3 base.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
I've added more links to the videos. (Thanks BunBun for getting vids up!) Anyways, I'm submitting paperwork for a new room, and our next tourney will be even more Awesomererer!!!

Samba

Smash Apprentice
It is entirely possible that I can make it out there on the 12th. If I were to, there would be probably be three other guys in tow, and two-three setups between the four of us. Although since we'd all be taking one car it would be highly unlikely that more than one setup would even fit... If one of the overseers of this event could shed some light on the situation regarding setup necessity, I can palavar with my people.
I just sort of stumbled onto this thread today and haven't talked to any of my smash-chums about whether they/we are free on the 12th... If I'm not free I'll make myself free. So if whoever can give me some details about setups, do so. AND if anyone is driving through Brentwood on their way to and from the tournament gimme a shout, in case I can't get a car. Assuming you have room.

-- Samba

MmmM ITZ TastY

Smash Cadet
We had waaaaay more than enough setups saturday....and i dont see why we would have any less on the 12th
i know ill still have my two coming

Samba

Smash Apprentice
We had waaaaay more than enough setups saturday....and i dont see why we would have any less on the 12th
i know ill still have my two coming
well that definitely leaves more room in my car, should I not be otherwise on the 12th working or dead

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
HALT

We have a minor problem with the 12th. Evidently the University is closed so there's absolutely no access to any buildings. I'm going to have to push it back a week to the 19th. I wish I didn't have to move it, but the school gave me no other options. :urg:

Also I'm fighting with them about rooms right now. It should be figured out before the 19th, but the times of the events may change and the room will change for sure. Also, because were charging money and we're doing this through "official" UofM channels now they might charge us for the room which means I'll probably put a $5 venue fee in the price as well. (P.S. I hate Memphis faculty.)

As for setups and such, we have plenty! lol. We had a ton the other day. I have 3 myself, Bunbun brought 1, Iori brought 1, Cyner brought 1, TastY brought 2, and some other people brought em. For an 11 man tourney we had over 8 setups. Were good on setups lol, but you could bring some copies of melee just in case (since they're not big and easy to carry.

BunBun

Smash Master
It's ****ing simple: Don't charge money, let people donate it. The pot is a 'donation', now, and we do payouts outside the room.

The end.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
It's ****ing simple: Don't charge money, let people donate it. The pot is a 'donation', now, and we do payouts outside the room.

The end.
BunBun where were you today? I could have used such a useful idea earlier. Anyways, I'm meeting with them Monday to get a room number and finalize everything. Would you like to join?

Samba

Smash Apprentice
This is actually good news for me, as I had several prior engagements none of which I cared about yet all of which would have been unavoidable. Do I and my people need to register through smashboards or just pay at the door?

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
'Donations' at the door :D

And BunBun I'll talk to you more about it later. Thanks for the help already.

@Samba- I look forward to getting to play you sometime! Your profile says your a Ganon main so I call a Ganon Dittos match!

Samba

Smash Apprentice
Call it what you will. Currency will migrate from my tenure to that of another sentient unit.

@VueBrawler, you're on. I'm not a brawler, I'll have you know though. exclusively melee. although I've heard a lot about project M, and would really like to play it sometime. I don't own a Wii though, just a cube.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Call it what you will. Currency will migrate from my tenure to that of another sentient unit.

@VueBrawler, you're on. I'm not a brawler, I'll have you know though. exclusively melee. although I've heard a lot about project M, and would really like to play it sometime. I don't own a Wii though, just a cube.
I actually transitioned from Brawl to Melee a few weeks ago. I main Ganon and IC right now. I started off with Ganon, but the IC are so adorable. (Wavedash noise = boingboingboingboing :D). Plus we don't have a good Brawl community here in Memphis. I did try to build one these past 6 months but it turned out to be a horrible failure. Anyways, I think my name is misleading lol. :awesome: When I get a Premium account I am changing it to LlamaSensei.

I haven't been playing long, but I spend at least an hour a day playing/practicing tech skill so I'm getting better fast. At the first biweekly I took some games off people I should never have touched and actually won a set, which was a first for me in Melee. So I suck, but I'm getting better.

Samba

Smash Apprentice
that's awesome. I've been playing melee for ten years (which is literally MORE than half my life oh my god), and I've mained almost everyone for an extended period over the years. I've only really been aware of the "metagame" for the past five so the first half of my smash career I don't really even count hahah.
But apart from a single tournament in 2006 (at which I played against IHaveSpaceballs and Darkrain) I've only really ever played with my brother and a couple friends aformentioned. I've been wanting to... expand my horizons? if there's a better, less gradiose way of putting that that you can think of, pretend I said that instead.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Well we have plenty of good players here in Memphis. I don't know who DarkRain is but maybe you'll get to see/play Iori, IHSB, Nite, BunBun, Tron, and the others. We've got a ton of good Melee players here. It seems like everyone's played Melee for years besides me... =/

Samba

Smash Apprentice
At least you're surrounded by guys whose brains you can pick for advice. Experienced smashers, like I know IHaveSpaceballs is knowledgeable AND just plain great at the game. He killed me all those years ago... dead.
dead forever.
But yeah I'm really looking forward to coming over there and smashing with all of you. I can totally see myself making it out to Memphis every other week, I just need to get settled in here in America and stop being so spastic with... well stuff, everything hahah!!

BunBun

Smash Master
Well we have plenty of good players here in Memphis. I don't know who DarkRain is but maybe you'll get to see/play Iori, IHSB, Nite, BunBun, Tron, and the others. We've got a ton of good Melee players here. It seems like everyone's played Melee for years besides me... =/
What the fscking ****?!

Top Bottom