• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

'Don't Come' to the Interstate Crew Battles! (Sydney)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
It will be a secret until the day of the crews.

Home-state allowances ftw.

Plus a ton of people are secretly training daily and Im waiting to see which ones have improved the most/enough to be worthy

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
Uh, wayne is going by plane now so Dekar, Forte and I have no way to get there as of yet so you should take us off the list for now

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Hmm, something I just noticed about this interstate crew battle is that nothing has been explained about the possible result as a tiebreaker, eg: NSW>QLD, VIC>NSW, QLD>VIC or something like that.

What happens if all 3 crews win one?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Melee players (Melbourne: CAO, Dekar, Emily, etc) won't let it happen.

And it isn't exactly out for whos the best state IIRC. Only a team who wins against both opponents can state such a claim :)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
it was the right thing to do <3 it made kas squeal in the last match XD <3333

Gords

Smash Champion
:mad:SHHHAAAAAAAAYYYAAAAAAA!!!!!!:mad:

I know you still searching for NSW crew member for the Don't Come Brawl Crews and

:mad:I WANT IN:mad:

Dont think I am good enough, then lets prove it.
I CHALLENGE YOU
(rules are below)​

BUT your only one member of the crew, so...
I CHALLENGE EACH MEMBER YOU CHOOSE TO BE IN THE NSW BRAWL CREW AS WELL
(same rules)

Why am I doing this, well like I said "I WANT IN"
SO whats in it for me,
WELL If I beat 3 of your so called epic unbeatable 8 crew members then I get a position in the NSW Brawl Crew, taking that of the person whom I beat by the Largest margin.:chuckle:
AND YES SHAYA THAT INCLUDES YOU:chuckle:

The rules are as such (basically BOOST rules)
  • Best of Three.
  • All matches are to be played with 3 stock, 7 minute time limit and no items.
  • In the case of the time limit occurring person with highest damage loses.
  • First match neutral random.
  • One stage cancel allowed per player during the random stage.
  • The loser of the match picks is entitled to pick a legal stage at will and also is to be the last person to select a character before the next match begins.
  • Each player may ban TWO stage that they do not wish to play on before second match begins. This stage may be from any legal stage.
  • Dedede and metaknight rules apply, chain grabs are legal to 300%, unfair stalling techniques or glitches are not allowed.
Neutrals: Battlefield, Final Destination, Yoshi's Island, Lylat Cruise, Smashville, Pokemon Stadium(melee), Halberd
Counterpicks: Castle Siege, Corneria [D], Bridge of Eldin [D], Delfino Plaza, Luigi's Mansion, Mario's Circuit [D], Great Sea, Norfair, Frigate Orpheon, Pokemon Stadium 2, Distant Planet, Skyworld, Pictochat, Shadow Moses Island [D], Green Hill Zone [D], Yoshi's Island (Melee), Jungle Japes, Rainbow Ride, Onett [D], Brinstar, Green Greens, Big Blue, F-Zero Port Town.
[D] denotes a Dedede banned stage.
All other stages Illegal.
(Stages here match those that are legal for Don't Come crews)

SO SHAYA ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO ACCEPT MY CHALLENGE ON BEHALF OF YOUR CREW
OR
ARE YOU GOING TO WIMPER AWAY AND HIDE BEHIND YOUR METAKNIGHT

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Instead of all those rules you could have just said, use the BOOST ruleset... and sure I wouldn't mind the fight. :D

However I beat you less than a week ago 2-0, so it wouldn't be too different this time around.

S.D

Smash Master
Gords, not the most flattering look man - talk to Shaya about it in private, he's captain the decision rests with him. Throwing out some crazy challenge isn't the way to go imo

Gords

Smash Champion
Instead of all those rules you could have just said, use the BOOST ruleset... and sure I wouldn't mind the fight. :D
Yeah but they are slightly different cause I'm trying to get it to more closely resemble the Don't Come rules.

However I beat you less than a week ago 2-0, so it wouldn't be too different this time around.
yeah but I made some pretty big mistakes (like stage selections) and the matches were still close, even on the neutral stages it came down to the last hit. I have now learnt from these mistakes and believe a repeat of last match is unlikely, or at least less than last weekend.

Gords, not the most flattering look man - talk to Shaya about it in private, he's captain the decision rests with him. Throwing out some crazy challenge isn't the way to go imo
tried that already, what do you think was the main discussion was on the train home. Shaya doesn't even seem to be considering me. He doesn't believe I'm good enough so that's why I want to show him.

I say its a team brawl battle.

Gords and Igif vs me and my man Kulla.
tut tut tut... Shaya I thought you had more faith in yourself than that. I can't believe you think you need the help of Kulla to beat me. So you are running behind metaknights. We all know that team of yours plays metaknight (no offence to kulla, or even you Shaya for that matter either).
Also your little rivalry with Igif has nothing to do with me, so don't get him involved in this. I am aiming for a spot in a crew. Crews are played in a 1v1 style so how would a team battle prove anything. If kulla is part of the NSW Brawl crew then I shall play him too. If I wanted a spot on a doubles team then I would have challenged you to a team brawl.
Singles and as the rules are below. I would of said your crew verse me and play it like a true crew fight with me having 24stock in batches of 3 but that would be a bit difficult to get everyone together or find time on the day to go through it all.

We can do the 8 matches at my STD and on the day between teams, or even during the weeks before don't come if we are able to meet up.

So Shaya are you going to find courage to accept my challenge or is the only courage around here embedded on the back of my left hand?

Atticus

Smash Journeyman
:mad:REEEEDAAAAAACT!!!!!!:mad:

I know you still searching for VIC crew member for the Don't Come Brawl Crews and

I CHALLENGE YOU

actually i don't really care never mind

VIC is going to roll this, Melee and Brawl :)

Get hype!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Gords, kid.

Chill.

You've created a farce over what was going to happen anyway.

There is a large array of smash going on; and I'm putting in the effort to go to each one and observe. No you didnt impress me 'enough' at the huntey valley meet. And as much as you want to get into the crew, for your pride, for your honour, etc etc, if there are better players I will pick them.

I've been getting guilt tripped into bull **** a lot recently by smash players, and I am really over it. Don't give me the crap, cut the bull ****. If you're not that GREAT at this game because of your inability to practice with good players (I heard this at least 8 times on the train ride home) then it is not my issue. The don't come NSW crew battle is a battle of the highest stakes; CAO has seriously threatened my *** with hysterically large amounts of "YOU SUCK" if "I" and by I, I mean the 'I' in team..i not completely dominate QLD and Vic. True story; there's some home turf advantage crap that you get grilled for 'losing'.

There was some disappointment in your part for Queensland. To go further, New South Wales is a proud state with a proud heritage of being better than Queensland, and at the right occasions Victoria. Us losing to QLD was a big shock to my ego; especially the part where I blew up a planet in rage.

Anyway, worst comes to worst, disregard that previous paragraph, I'll play for Queensland coz vyse wants me. BAD. ACTUALLY **** IT. VYSE, ILL PLAY IN BOTH CREWS! ALL IS GOOD!

Also, just so you are aware, I don't know who the crew is going to be.

Here's a fine list, beat all of them consistantly and I'll consider:

Shaya, S.D, Meteor, Turtle, FTS, Kulla, Bjay, Pat, Jaz. Hey minus Kulla thats 8. Sounds good. But I'm sure theres other cool kids like Luke, defiled, The Hornsby crew, roll to down smash, and all that stuff.

I'd say start maining Snake.

Edit:

Go harass Kulla to join the melee crew or something, srsly.

unreon

Smash Ace
tried that already, what do you think was the main discussion was on the train home. Shaya doesn't even seem to be considering me. He doesn't believe I'm good enough so that's why I want to show him.
Gords man, this isn't going to help you suddenly break into the crew teams. If anything this "please look at me!!" attitude just displays how you're not quite there yet to make crews.

The top four of any crews are usually a given; these A rank guys consistently get into semi-finals in every tournament and their place in the crews is already concrete. Then you have a set of A- people all vying for last four. You're going to have to construct a more impressive resume to prove you Shaya that you deserve in. Hell, at the last Brawl tournament I attended I took you 1-1, and I played Brawl literally 10 hours total beforehand, five or six of those hours were unlocking stuff. Shaya knows what he's doing and he knows the abilities of Sydney players better than anyone else.

I understands that it sucks not to be representing, but you have to really be able to honestly say to yourself that "I am better than Player X, and Y, and Z" before Shaya can even consider you as an option. It sucks, but it's the truth, and realising this is only going to help you get better.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
:mad:REEEEDAAAAAACT!!!!!!:mad:

I know you still searching for VIC crew member for the Don't Come Brawl Crews and

I CHALLENGE YOU

actually i don't really care never mind

VIC is going to roll this, Melee and Brawl :)

Get hype!
1. Redact (Captain)
2. CAOTIC
3. Jei
4. available spot (fight to the death between atticus and shaz, not smash, irl fight)
5. Tak
6. Ice K
7. Devil
8. X

atticus man honestly, the decision between you and shaz is something i dont want to make

ps: also gords, if you really wanted your state to win, you might want to think in the fasion "i want the best 8 to be playing for the state" rather than "i want to rep my own state" but then if you think you're in that top 8 you can continue with your little challenge going on

Gords

Smash Champion
OK Shaya

just to get things straight, it is neither pride nor honour that are the reasons why I want to be in the Brawl crew. It is experience.
You obviously misinterpreted what i was saying on the train. I never said I am not that great because of a lack of practice with the good players. I believe I am good already. So I was saying that I dont get many opportunities to play against the others good players to test where I stand, that is all.

In regards to Qld, I agree. Even I am dissapointed in my performance of that crew battle. But that was my first crew battle, didnt have a clue what was going on, you put me up against a metaknight after I was playing melee for the previous 3 hours, hadnt really slept or eaten for over 24hrs, and no one told me he can approach during his invinsiblity time as long as the attack hits afterwards. Now I am prepared for it all. Even with the skill level I had back then I believe I could of taken that one life if all the above didnt come together.
But that was then and this is now, and if you think I havent improved heaps snce then, well then you havnt been observing as you say.
You mention that I didnt impress you enough at the hunter meet, well thats all fine but how many fights did you actually see, I count 2 (me vs you, and me vs MTR in the tourney) although I assume you saw more, so what were they?. Both of the sets I mention, I did better on neutral stages and it was bad counterpicks that cost me, even against you it came down to the final hit. Looking at sat night though says nothing, I was drinking and for that matter so was SD and you beat us consistantly but SD took you out the following day which proves that even 3-4 drinks make a difference.

Look, I comend you on your skill and your involvement in the community, and your line up are no spring chickens. They are all very good players and difficult to defeat. But you also mention luke, defiled, even the hornsby crew. When it comes to brawl I know I can beat defiled, and most of the hornsby crew. (luke I dont know, i dont think I have played him since BOOST 1 or 2). Be reasonable Shaya, even you dont beat the people you mention consistantly.

Hey, if you dont want to challenge thats fine, but just dont let your ego get in the way of your judgement. Hope you make it my STD so we can have a rematch and I will show you what I can do.

And I dont need to pick up another character just to become better, especailly when my TLink will be better than my snake any day.

Also why would I go and harass Kulla to play in the melee crew, I know I am not that great at melee...yet, my ego is not that big.

So are you going to play or do I have to wait for the next big singles tournament to get the opportunity, which should be the gotgames qualifiers isnt it?

unreon

Smash Ace
just to get things straight, it is neither pride nor honour that are the reasons why I want to be in the Brawl crew. It is experience.
So you admit that you're still fairly inexperienced, but you believe you deserve to represent NSW. Please look in a mirror and repeat after me:

"Really? Really?"

In regards to Qld, I agree. Even I am dissapointed in my performance of that crew battle. But that was my first crew battle, didnt have a clue what was going on, you put me up against a metaknight after I was playing melee for the previous 3 hours, hadnt really slept or eaten for over 24hrs, and no one told me he can approach during his invinsiblity time as long as the attack hits afterwards. Now I am prepared for it all. Even with the skill level I had back then I believe I could of taken that one life if all the above didnt come together.

But that was then and this is now, and if you think I havent improved heaps snce then, well then you havnt been observing as you say.

You mention that I didnt impress you enough at the hunter meet, well thats all fine but how many fights did you actually see, I count 2 (me vs you, and me vs MTR in the tourney) although I assume you saw more, so what were they?. Both of the sets I mention, I did better on neutral stages and it was bad counterpicks that cost me, even against you it came down to the final hit. Looking at sat night though says nothing, I was drinking and for that matter so was SD and you beat us consistantly but SD took you out the following day which proves that even 3-4 drinks make a difference.
Mr Cao, if Gords makes crews with this attitude then please rename the tournament to "jOHN 7".

Gords, this whining cry of attention has made many here cast you in a negative light. Pick yourself up dude, this isn't the last Brawl meet and there are many other opportunities to play everyone at big tournaments.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
just my opinion gords, but you know your good if you get picked without even asking to be on the team.
however if you wanna play someone for their spot I suppose that works if they're cool with it, but I really think you need to back down a bit, shaya is a good guy and works hard to organize these things for everyone, and I dont think anyone will disagree with me when I say he knows what he's doing. so cut him some slack.

and we had some friendly's at Queensland, I beat you like 10-0 or something like that, and I'm not even good enough to rep nsw yet.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Like I wasn't drinking at the Hunter Meet.

I also 2 stocked you on the counter pick. Your definition of down to the last hit seems obscene, as the last stock I won with about 50% damage. You had changed your style by then, and I was getting used to it. It's not like Toon Link doesn't have better upwards abilities than Marth, so a stage like Shadow Moses should have been to your advantage.

Ask people about how I 'figure' them out. And there was a bit of sarcasm rife throughout that previous post Gords, I hope you understand. Me not considering you at this time is not because my ego has skewed the situation (it's all fun and games and rubbing it in CAO's face) it's because I do not have faith in your ability. I want smashers who can take out more than 3 stocks of their opponent.

In QLD, Jei took out 4 lives, Chris took out 4 lives, Kulla took out 3, and I took out 3 with a very close 4th. You took out zero. Yes, mighty and big Kulla only took out 3; and I still fight the man from occasion who is leaps and bounds above the average. You've improved a great deal since then? Sure. So has probably everyone else; leaps and bounds I'm looking for. Considering I went from coming 17th in my first, to 13th in my second to top 8 in every tournament I've been in since shows such 'improvement'; I've seen your results at boost go backwards rather than forwards. I've seen a mindset and mentality that has gone from fresh and wanting to improve to desperate and wanting salvation.

Do you want to improve or do you want to feel good about yourself? Do you want to be happy for a team to win, or do you want to let the team down?

I'm not your psychologist, I am not your mother, father or best friend. I am not paid to deal with this outburst of yours, nor should I have to deal with it in the fashion I am doing so.

Gords, you're an OKay player who seems to have the will but no way to go about being otherwise.
Realise the immaturity of doing this, considering I was most likely going to your STD (now with second thoughts, as it now seems to be some charade) to have not just I but others wholistically view whether or not certain people are viable for this crew.

Gords, it is not just I, who feels you're unworthy.

S.D

Smash Master
Sorry Gords, I have to agree with Unreon here. This crusade isn't doing you any favours, there are still question marks over the brawl crew anyway as I understand it, so there may have been a spot open without all this. If not, then take it with good grace and try to improve for next time. Shaya knows what he is talking about, this isn't a personal vendetta he holds against you.

Chillax, I don't think this is helping.

Dedu

Smash Lord
I agree with Sam and Shaya unfortuantely...

Strength lies in accepting defeat and doing something about it, not by whingeing about it or saying you lost because of such and such which avoid why you lost in the first place.

I am not be a good smasher by all standards as shown with the likes of Kulla, Jaz, Sam and Unreon but at least I don't go around bagging people just because they're better than me. If you want to win, then you have to do something about it.

Bjay is on that list for sure. But what happens is if he loses to someone he usually goes sour grapes :p
However he has the will to get back at the other person and often wins by a large margin. I have experienced this personally and I respect his determination to win despite his johns he likes to spout at times...

The same applies to most people I've versed since I joined the Melee competitive scene. Some of em get better while others have stagnated all that time. I remember the last time I vsed Freddo he was surprised at my improvements between our first match and the last one.

Losing to most people often tells you have to get better if you wish to get a better ranking than before. What to do? Get over yourself and get better.

hmmm...

Gords

Smash Champion
Shaya,
You have put me in my place and I thank you.

I know I am not in the top 8 players of NSW, neither do I believe I am ready yet for such an epic crew battle.

I have a lot of respect for you Shaya and I am aware of your skill, the effort you have put into this community and your knowledge of both the SSB series and the people of the Australian Smash Scene. You are a better man than I.

Your right, you did beat me by a fair margin over the weekend and picking wrong counterpicks is no excuse for a loss nor am I using this excuse, I should of known better the pros and cons of the stages, which again shows that you know more than me and deserves the win. Qld was a dissappointment yes, and I feel responsible for the teams loss. the last match of that crew was something that came down to the last hit not our match. If I manged to get at least the one metaknight stock off I believe we would have had it.

Realise the immaturity of doing this, considering I was most likely going to your STD (now with second thoughts, as it now seems to be some charade) to have not just I but others wholistically view whether or not certain people are viable for this crew.
The STD is no charade, I have organised it cause like you i want to contribute to the community. I heard people saying that there hasnt been an STD for ages and that people seemed to want another one, so I decided to organise it.
If anything here is the charade its this challenge. It would be nice to join the NSW crew but it was not my intention, nor do I believe I would of succeeded if you a had agreed. I do not wish to let down the team again. The challenge was more to see how you would handle the situation and to see how the rest of the community would respond. It was not expected that you would agree to the challenge but if you did I would have welcomed the opportunity to play the greats of NSW and see were I measure up to know where and how much I need to improve and grow.
The reaction of the community and of you Shaya has shown me more than enough on how I can improve and grow as a person. Bjay is the kind of person I aspire to be.

You have turned out to be more than I even gave you credit for. You have been true to your word and have been observing and helping the community even before Dont Come was announced. Thinking of NSW and not only yourself.
I've seen your results at boost go backwards rather than forwards. I've seen a mindset and mentality that has gone from fresh and wanting to improve to desperate and wanting salvation.
This shows me that not only have you been watching the players ability to play the game but also the kind of person they are away from the game. You have informed me of something I did not even see in myself and I am very grateful for that, although I think the desperate and wanting salvation has been something that has leaked into my smash life from personal issues rather than being linked to Smash goals.

With all the trolling and what not that happens here on the boards I see how much this community is of one mind. The loyalty, maturity and integrity of the Aussie Smash Scene is more than I ever reliesied it was. I am proud to be a part of this community.

I have seemed to cause a lot of you unneccessary hassels. For this I apologies.
Much Apologies to Shaya, I know your getting a lot of bull**** from others and it was wrong of me to do this now.
I hope and will try my best to re-earn your respect and the respect of the community.
Thank you.

Top Bottom