• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Blink! 3 - Northbrook, IL - 5/15/10 - Brawl, Brawl+, Melee!!

hunger!

Smash Champion
so are we doing 20 a team or 10 a team? A while back a bunch of people were saying they would like 20/team. 7fo/bo/akashi etc.

also. has it been decided if we're using ******** MLG stages yet?

Tink

Smash Hero
whats the time for melee singles starting? wasnt it moved to 6? or is it still 7? and kels is never gonna be able to get to that party if it starts at 7 loll.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Well i wont be making this because my grandma is coming from AZ and i havent seen her in like 3 years. Were doing a big family dinner. I do have a job now and i look forward to making it to this series :)

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Haha well venue set up/arrival is at 6, then signups, so earliest possible start could be 6:30 if you all hustle. 7 is a good target though. 2 hours is all Kels needs to sweep the bracket. The less you sandbag, the faster this **** will get done Kels.

ORLY

Smash Master
95% not gonna come to this now. Not just because of Tink bailing on me!

Good luck, all!

Also: the name of the tournament may be from an episode of Doctor Who from last season. (WHO'S RIGHT KIRK?)

Tink

Smash Hero
lolll....its basically like kels saying...ya, i dont want more matches, i jus want the money to pay for a present lolll.

so like, without pools, does that mean ima be screwed once again to play cosmo for like the 4th straight tournament? or is he finally gonna be on kels side loll?

Oro?!

Smash Hero
You got 3rd once Joe. The one Kels and Tink didn't go to, and Ray Chun got 2nd...
Also, if you want pools, we probs can't do doubles. We have about half of the time to do the same amount of matches as MAS, plus who really wants to stay all the way til 3AM just so we can do pools?

Edit: pools don't really accomplish much anyways because no one would really get eliminated and seeding is pretty much always the same. Imo people like Kels sandbag in pools the same amount as in friendlies so get at him. :p

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Just noting that I was one of the first people to say I'd have a full setup. I just don't want to be turned down for whatever reason.

Also, does the venue open at 5:30 or 6? I know the OP says 5:30, but I heard Kirk and Blind discussing it last weekend, and it sounded like they said 6.

Tink

Smash Hero
rofl....i guess im kinda confused on how long tournies run?

mas gets out hella early(10pm) for starting at 1pm(usually like, 2pm while waiting for ppl), has a 2 HOURRRR break between doubles and singles, and we have more ppl at MAS's -_-.

i mean, im all for getting out earlier, but pools are the only time i get to try and mold my secondaries/below. example being peach, who i act play alot in tournaments now.

whatever really...its your guys tournament. Though, i dont see HOWW a mayyyyybe 8 team doubles bracket for melee will take anymore then an hour-hour 1/2 to run -_-.

edit: i posted way before i was bringing a melee setup before ppl, but i doubt that will count for anything :/....ill try to get there earlier then most i guess -_-, but traffics a *****.

edit 2: didnt the lasttt mas run low tier as well and stillll get out at like, 10pm 0_o? ggs

Oro?!

Smash Hero
If we did pools, they would be that 3-4 person per pools thing. Wouldn't want em to go too long. I really didn't know you liked pools that much though Tink, it usually seems like a chore for you/Kels whenever I play you guys in pools. That's just from my perspective though. I mean I really do like pools, it all just comes down to time. People who enter multiple things slow **** down. It will be better this time around. I love your input Tink. You are really the only one who posts valuable info, so I can never tell what's up. You are like numero uno on setup priority list since you got shafted last time.

General consensus- Pools are fine if we roll through em'. Speed up dem bracket matches by riding people in multiple events. Doubles WILL happen or I'm gonna be pissed that singles take too long.

Tink

Smash Hero
ya i mean, honeslty if theres no reason for them...like, if it would be stupid to do them, like, the last one -_-....then for sure....your def right about lame small pools that dont eliminate......i was just trying to look at it from a less skilled players prospective and not looking at what will get me home faster =).

i dooo like getting home early =).

see everyone there tomomorows!

Oro?!

Smash Hero
unfortunately, I'm the least skilled one that enters.:laugh: and I have **** to do til 3 am. We will see based on entrants. If we can eliminate down to a clean bracket, we just might, especially so you can go crazy with Falcon/Peach/ w/e you feel like.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
what serups look like based off of reqests so far
Melee
1. Tink
2. GawdImFoxy
3. Bzoo

Hacks
1.Kirk
2.Blind
3.Zwarm

Brawl
1.Bo
2.Hunger
3.JJRockets
The empty spots are first come first serve

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I'll be @ the next Don't Blink. Goodluck to everyone going. BO X7 & 7FO are about to wreck all of you today!

Quaz

Smash Master
tink didn't win =\

1st Kels
2nd Tink
3rd Vro
4th Quaz
5th Big D
6th Scythe

only 9 people entered. We did a round robin into a 4 man bracket

good games to everybody.

Top Bottom