• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Blink! 3 - Northbrook, IL - 5/15/10 - Brawl, Brawl+, Melee!!

Wafles

Smash Lord
Brawl+ has always been bad because too many people took it lolseriously
Just my opinion but I never liked the idea behind brawl+

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Lol Wafles, I really don't get how you guys can take vBrawl seriously. I remember when I used to, but back then I didn't know **** about smash. It kind of amazes me how people can learn to smash from Brawl.

Level of seriousness and competition->Melee, 64, -, +, vanilla.

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
Lol Wafles, I really don't get how you guys can take vBrawl seriously. I remember when I used to, but back then I didn't know **** about smash. It kind of amazes me how people can learn to smash from Brawl.

Level of seriousness and competition->Melee, 64, -, +, vanilla.
Just so we're clear, its a video game.

Also, I have no idea whether or not I'm coming to this or if we magically got something together for ACEN. It'll probably be half way through next week when we figure it all out.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
You can take video games seriously. It's the same as taking a sport seriously. The only difference is we don't get paid by anyone, and only play for like 100$. **** we are ballin'.

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
You can take video games seriously. It's the same as taking a sport seriously. The only difference is we don't get paid by anyone, and only play for like 100$. **** we are ballin'.
There's a thin line between taking a video game seriously and taking it too seriously.

Brawl teams > melee singles > B- > Melee teams > B+ > Brawl singles.
If I was anywhere near decent at Melee, this would PROBABLY be my order too. But I'm not, so just take out the Melee parts and that's my order too.

ORLY

Smash Master
For me:

Melee singles > Melee doubles > Brawl- > Brawl+ > Connect 4 > getting mugged > MMing Ray Chun > VBrawl

i still <3 you brawl kids, no homo

hunger!

Smash Champion
lol jake there's no way you take minus, melee teams, and plus more seriously than brawl singles
I dont believe it at least
not what i take more serious list.
just what's BETTER list.

a "what i takeserious list" would be doubles > singles ... don't care.

bolo is better than brawl singles.

edit: sig test.

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
bolo is better than brawl singles.
Oh my god.

OH MY GOD.

OH MY GOD!

Hunger, I'm officially in love with you. I don't even care, I don't even care. I thought today was a ****ty day and was going to retreat to the bottle, but OH. MY. GOD! You don't know how long I've been looking for that game.

You don't understand - my entire family was totally mac for a long time. I never knew it was a mac only thing! Me and my brothers used to LAN it WAYYY back when, and I've pretty much been looking for it for YEARS now. And you just dropped it in my lap.

Seriously, thank you. I was totally bummed today; just wow. You don't even know.

I want to give you money. $5 B- MM, Squirtle vs Lucas? I don't care how much you ***** me at Sago's. Wait, did you even **** me at Sago's? I don't remember. I'm just so pumped that I actually found this game after all this time.

mustard g&w

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4639-9942-4908
I might attend this tournament. Not quite sure yet, I will know for sure a couple days beforehand.

If I do come to this tournament I would want to know if anyone wants to team with me and possibly housing if the tournament ends late, as I am from Indiana and its a 2 hour drive.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
We can try. We are going to start taking signups for Brawl Doubles first again, because that **** takes forever, but I think we can start taking Melee directly after, especially if not as many people from Brawl are playing Melee.

If there is a time constraint, did you want to do doubles or singles first?

The schedule is for Melee to start only an hour after the venue opens, and by start I mean Bracket, not signups.

hunger!

Smash Champion
Any chance we can change the stage list to an MLG list since a lot of us are going?
so who wants to mutally ban like 7 stages when playing me?

But i do support this to an extent. (no green greens plz...)
even though the stage list is EXTREMELY ********, i actually want it at least one tourney.

kirbycpok

Smash Journeyman
so who wants to mutally ban like 7 stages when playing me?

But i do support this to an extent. (no green greens plz...)
even though the stage list is EXTREMELY ********, i actually want it at least one tourney.
well ****, guess im playing FD vs arty

Tetsion

Smash Journeyman
brawl > minus > 64(too good) > melee (because hitstun = true combo? lul) > doubles brawl/minus(i can never find a partner that wont kill themselves..) > plus (because hitstun = stupid combos)

Zwarm

Smash Hero
brawl > minus > 64(too good) > melee (because hitstun = true combo? lul) > doubles brawl/minus(i can never find a partner that wont kill themselves..) > plus (because hitstun = stupid combos)
Your number 2 and 3 have more hitstun than Melee and +, but you hate combos?

Lul.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
If you don't like combos, then you will love Shaq Fu, which is already listed as >Brawl above.:laugh:

kirbycpok

Smash Journeyman
OK so time to make a list

Brawl doubles > - > TF2 > Singles > Melee(god im gunna get hated, but i never played melee well) > Shaq fu

Top Bottom