• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Blink 2012: 99 Problems but a Knee Ain't One

Zwarm

Smash Hero
[2/10/12 11:22:45 PM] Kyle Barnick: next DB

REMEMBER!

NNID
MasterHavik
Wow....I was thinking of dropping the game, but I might not.:D and RC and Brinstar is ban? where the hell am I suppose to go for a CP now? You guys make my characters worst.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
So is anyone ever going to change the date of the OP? Or am I forever going to be in the dark on when the next DB is going down?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
it says it in the thread title
Lol, so it does. I was being all official and looking through the OP like a derp and just kept seeing the old dates.

Bummer it's the 18th though, there's a convention I wanted to go to on that date...

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
UIUC should be bringing at least 2 ppl for melee singles/doubles. Still waiting to hear back from others, so we might bring more.

ORLY

Smash Master
@bert: is 14k one of 'em?

hopefully we get more than 5 entrants into SSF4 this time ;D

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Glad to hear Bert. If Battlecow is one of them, KnitePhox brought a 64 setup last time. Not sure if he is coming this time, but I told KnitePhox he could run a 64 event if there was interest.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I would seriously bring a 64 setup and run the tournament for it, if there's enough interest.

Also SCV tournament > SSF4, imo. I'm not finding SSF4 as fun anymore, 3rd Strike is better anyway.

Non-Smash side events should be:
UMvC3 (so much hype last time)
SCV (new hype game, plus it's amazing)
SF3 (still fun as hell, and iirc, had more entrants than SF4)

imo

hunger!

Smash Champion
fighting games suck

side tourney should be:

get at me.

but for real: side tourney should be minus since we havnt done that in for ever.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
but i don't know how to play those other games

SSF4 or busttt
You should learn how to play them though, they're so much more fun than AE.

I'll play friendlies with you, but I'm not gonna enter the tournament this time if we run it.

fighting games suck

side tourney should be:

get at me.

but for real: side tourney should be minus since we havnt done that in for ever.
Oh man, I haven't played Blitz in years. What a good game.

And I'm okay with Minus, I was just suggesting non-smash side events.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Hunger I wanna team with Hades if you're cool with that, I'm always more successful when I have a static partner.

If you can team with Sago or something better than me in doubles I advise you do it. I dont want to hold you back with my booty wario, and I don't know how to play Pit Wario yet

sanchaz

Smash Lord
fighting games suck

side tourney should be:

get at me.

not gonna lie, but I'm sooooooooo salty. I'll get you next time. grrrrrrrrrrrrr

ORLY

Smash Master
I do have a lot of experience teaming with Ness..

TEAM PSI

(has it ever bothered anyone else that in Earthbound his spells are labeled "PSI Flash" and not "PK Flash"? He also never learns PSI Fire, Thunder, or Magnet..)

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Yeah Ness is the main healer, Lucas is the same way. They just gave the main Earthbound/Mother kids a mix of the rest of the party's moves, since they couldn't really fight using stuff like PSI Love. :p

:phone:

ORLY

Smash Master
when i was a kid, my main spell was called "PSI Games" and my mom always cooked tacos

mmmm, tacos

EDIT: i also named paula "girl" and jeff "nerd". poo had to stay what it was because i was ****ing 9

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
when i was a kid, my main spell was called "PSI Games" and my mom always cooked tacos

mmmm, tacos

EDIT: i also named paula "girl" and jeff "nerd". poo had to stay what it was because i was ****ing 9
Indeed Chris, your mom's tacoes are really good.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
can we plz have a 360 set up for umvc3 this time? I'll bring the set-up, minus the TV

Fine with me, I just don't want to have to bring another system to run one different fighting game. Every other fighting game besides UMvC3, I have for PS3.

Akashi

Smash Lord
Fine with me, I just don't want to have to bring another system to run one different fighting game. Every other fighting game besides UMvC3, I have for PS3.
iirc you had 2 set-ups for fighting games last time, yes? If that's true, I have both 3SO and UMVC3. SF4 can be played on your PS3 =) problem solved ;D

Top Bottom