• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Blink 2012: 99 Problems but a Knee Ain't One

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Im not johning, I shook his hand and was glad he won, along with hunger.

Im just frankly tired of people thinking I deserve something based on the character I use.

As far as CS goes I think it's totally ironic that people think that pit is the one aiming for the timeout the entire time when someone picks a stage like THAT and expects anything less. I COULD have banned it. But I felt Halberd was a little harder to fight ROB on as a character.

Also you guys didn't hear me did you? I said that people were rooting against me as in calling me **** and making fun of how gay pit is INSTEAD of simply rooting on Masho. I LOVE it when people root on the other person. When it's the opposite; rooting AGAINST the other player, it's just really annoying and makes me feel like ****. It has nothing to do with whether I won or lost, I lost because I was outplayed. It has to do with people.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I already know Hunger is jokin around. It's other guys.

Maybe I should just put earbuds on when I use Pit, and then have them off when playing Wario. Because the **** talk only fills me up when I use Wario.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Im not johning, I shook his hand and was glad he won, along with hunger.

Im just frankly tired of people thinking I deserve something based on the character I use.

As far as CS goes I think it's totally ironic that people think that pit is the one aiming for the timeout the entire time when someone picks a stage like THAT and expects anything less. I COULD have banned it. But I felt Halberd was a little harder to fight ROB on as a character.

Also you guys didn't hear me did you? I said that people were rooting against me as in calling me **** and making fun of how gay pit is INSTEAD of simply rooting on Masho. I LOVE it when people root on the other person. When it's the opposite; rooting AGAINST the other player, it's just really annoying and makes me feel like ****. It has nothing to do with whether I won or lost, I lost because I was outplayed. It has to do with people.
So basically you are taking insults against your CHARACTER as insults against YOU.
Also, yes you are johning. If you hate all the talk, wear headphones are even request that people stfu. It's really not that hard, I'm sure Oro would have laid the law down on your behalf.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Honestly it's the general consensus that your Wario is better than your Pit, and all of us think you'd do better if you used Wario against everyone instead of Pit. But I've never heard anyone actually **** talk your Pit, especially during a match.

It's your choice who you use... if you think you're doing it the right way then keep it up. We'll do us and you'll do you

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
So basically you are taking insults against your CHARACTER as insults against YOU.
Also, yes you are johning. If you hate all the talk, wear headphones are even request that people stfu. It's really not that hard, I'm sure Oro would have laid the law down on your behalf.
EDIT:No, I'm not taking insults against my character as insults against me, I'm taking the **** talk and annoying banter saying I should lose because I use Pit as an insult.

Far as johning; I equate johning to "I lost because of".

You're not reading that so let me spell it out for you:

I don't care that I lost, the fact that people cheer against me doesn't make it easier or harder for me to win, it just makes me disgusted and the experience not fun at all.

It's like when my Dad would come to tournaments and people would scream in his ear while we played doubles. He didn't care that he won or lost. He was just tired of the fer right in his left ear screaming "F THEM UP TONY" or some stupid **** like that.

Honestly it's the general consensus that your Wario is better than your Pit, and all of us think you'd do better if you used Wario against everyone instead of Pit. But I've never heard anyone actually **** talk your Pit, especially during a match.

It's your choice who you use... if you think you're doing it the right way then keep it up. We'll do us and you'll do you
No it's not. I've lost matches with Wario that I otherwise would win with Pit (lost to arty's GW, lost to Nicole's Peach on SV, etc) and won matches with Pit that woulda been impossible for my Wario (Dededes, Yoshis, and MJG for ex)... They're about the same level now. People just keep saying because they want to see my Wario for all it's flashy-glory and bike tricks. I'd rather have fun and rain zeus's arrows upon people then use the bike all the time.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
I equate johning to "I lost because of".

You're not reading that so let me spell it out for you:

I don't care that I lost, the fact that people cheer against me doesn't make it easier or harder for me to win, it just makes me disgusted and the experience not fun at all.

It's like when my Dad would come to tournaments and people would scream in his ear while we played doubles. He didn't care that he won or lost. He was just tired of the ****** right in his left ear screaming "F THEM UP TONY" or some stupid **** like that.
Your definition of johning is wrong then. What you just described is a john.
a john is an excuse, or a bad reason for something not to go your way.
also, if you are paying attention to the trash talk, you are paying less attention on the match, but you play Brawl so it's not like you need to be anyway.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Your definition of johning is wrong then. What you just described is a john.
a john is an excuse, or a bad reason for something not to go your way.
also, if you are paying attention to the trash talk, you are paying less attention on the match, but you play Brawl so it's not like you need to be anyway.
where is the definition of johning in the webster's dictionary doc?

John is an excuse. I'm not johning by saying that players screaming obscenities and being generally assholish in a prime way (this isn't just for this tourney).

Apparently the gap between melee and brawl was larger than I thought. We may hold the same tournaments, but players like you still hold this animosity that is JUST as disgusting as the thing I describe now.

GET OUT.

EDIT: I meant to write Arty but I still mix up you two by face in my mind when we're not face to face.

EDIT2: Actually Doc I think I found something you MIGHT be referring to. It's called Salt. I AM salty as **** for people acting that way. Johning? no. I lost fair and square.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion

John is an excuse. I'm not johning by saying that players screaming obscenities and being generally assholish in a prime way (this isn't just for this tourney).

Apparently the gap between melee and brawl was larger than I thought. We may hold the same tournaments, but players like you still hold this animosity that is JUST as disgusting as the thing I describe now.

GET OUT.

EDIT: I meant to write Arty but I still mix up you two by face in my mind when we're not face to face.
I really dont, your game is much slower, takes less reaction time, has way more camping and time outs.

^That^ is not opinion, that is fact.
If you are complaining about something that happens at every event accross the country, you are indeed johning, I have no idea why you can't admit it. Are you ashamed that people being loud, obnoxious, and insulting towards your character upsets you? I play Sheik in Melee, this happens to me EVERY TOURNAMENT.

Get over it, instead of concentrating on it, concentrate on the damn match being played.
And yes, focusing on two things instead of just one will make you play worse, especially if you are getting mad in the process.

This is my last response to you.

Also being salty means you are mad you lost the match
and there is a definition of johning somewhere on this site.

"John's: A john is just an excuse used to make a victory or loss illegitimate because of external or internal factors during a match. Common johns include cell phone distractions, controller “malfunctions”, coughing, talking, itching, and in game suicides. "

That's the actual one I found here on smashboards, but I've noticed people using it in such a way to cover ANY excuse despite if the person johning wins or loses. like "I messed up that l-cancel and died!" "No johns!"

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Johning is defined several areas of the site. Your definition just happens to cover your initial reaction to my complaint with players being buttholes.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=168535&highlight=john

Course, you know, this came from THE BRAWL BOARDS OMG. SO IT MIGHT BE WRONG :awesome:

I dont care if this is your last response, because I will agree that I shouldn't pay attention to stuff. But I'm just saying that it's not the reason I lost, I accepted my loss, hence not johning. I'm just giving my opinion on some people attitude, regardless if it's been around since you did your first l-cancel.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Johning is defined several areas of the site. Your definition just happens to cover your initial reaction to my complaint with players being buttholes.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=168535&highlight=john

Course, you know, this came from THE BRAWL BOARDS OMG. SO IT MIGHT BE WRONG :awesome:

I dont care if this is your last response, because I will agree that I shouldn't pay attention to stuff. But I'm just saying that it's not the reason I lost, I accepted my loss, hence not johning. I'm just giving my opinion on some people attitude, regardless if it's been around since you did your first l-cancel.
Well Kels is the ultimate johner, yet he wins all the melee tournaments....
How can this be?

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
Masho beat me, too! Next time I'm banning Halberd. LOL. I ain't afraid of Castle Siege! :colorful:

Meneks

Smash Lord

Not my fault he went to Castle Siege and made it a campfest. OH wait it is (BANS)...seriously, stupidest counterpick stage in the world, encourages way too much circle camping and I hate it.

Whole crowd on Masho's side too (and I dont mean that as in GO MASHO I mean *** PIT HE GAY RAEP HIM, like srs guys? It's not funny. I dont even play HALF as campy as I COULD.

Those are Johns.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I really dont, your game is much slower, takes less reaction time, has way more camping and time outs.
Brawl is slower, takes less reaction time, and has more camping... therefore... you don't need to pay attention in Brawl?

Come on man it's 2012, I would have figured the brawl hate would have died down by now... FFS we elected a black president!

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Brawl is slower, takes less reaction time, and has more camping... therefore... you don't need to pay attention in Brawl?

Come on man it's 2012, I would have figured the brawl hate would have died down by now... FFS we elected a black president!
You twisted my words, the way I said it was that he could get away with not paying as much attention to the game obv comparing it to Melee.

Nvm, i worded it that way but meant it the way I describe above.

Chris

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Masho me and you are now rivals. I will not let your Rob surpass mine!

But seriously though good shiz repping rob! :D.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Those are Johns.
Not my fault he went to Castle Siege and made it a campfest. OH wait it is (BANS)...seriously, stupidest counterpick stage in the world, encourages way too much circle camping and I hate it.
I love it when people read.

OH WAIT.

btw I don't agree that you can get away with it as much, Doctor, it might seem that way to you based on the fact that you need tech skill to survive in Melee as well as mind games, but really tech skill in Melee can be sufficiently sustained with muscle memory and in fact I've heard many a Melee player saying they could do some of that stuff in their sleep.

Paying attention in both games = hard rewards. Not paying attention in both games is hard punishment for you, with or without the tech skill. The speed has barely anything to do with it. If you don't' pay attention you won't notice that Snake laid a C4 somewhere, you won't know how long Wario's waft charged for, you won't DI the correct way when hit by a move that could lead to your death or a gimp quite easily, the list goes on endlessly. I'd almost shoot and say if you don't pay attention in Melee it isn't that bad because as long as your hands have that muscle memory you're clearly already one step into winning the match. After that comes the obvious reading skills which comes in BOTH games, but Brawl so much more...

All this serves to prove your point that yeah I should probably ignore the banter at best of my ability, but I was just saying it doesn't effect me to the point that I'd say that that's why I lost - - a john.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
I love it when people read.

OH WAIT.

btw I don't agree that you can get away with it as much, Doctor, it might seem that way to you based on the fact that you need tech skill to survive in Melee as well as mind games, but really tech skill in Melee can be sufficiently sustained with muscle memory and in fact I've heard many a Melee player saying they could do some of that stuff in their sleep.

Paying attention in both games = hard rewards. Not paying attention in both games is hard punishment for you, with or without the tech skill. The speed has barely anything to do with it. If you don't' pay attention you won't notice that Snake laid a C4 somewhere, you won't know how long Wario's waft charged for, you won't DI the correct way when hit by a move that could lead to your death or a gimp quite easily, the list goes on endlessly. I'd almost shoot and say if you don't pay attention in Melee it isn't that bad because as long as your hands have that muscle memory you're clearly already one step into winning the match. After that comes the obvious reading skills which comes in BOTH games, but Brawl so much more...

All this serves to prove your point that yeah I should probably ignore the banter at best of my ability, but I was just saying it doesn't effect me to the point that I'd say that that's why I lost - - a john.
In my experience, it's far easier to gimp in Melee than in Brawl. It's also over all easier to kill in Melee. So a loss in concentration in Melee means a stock more often than just damage and stage control. That was my point.

Also muscle memory also applies to Brawl, I have no idea why you even brought it up.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
You guys are ruining what was a fun tournament by arguing on here.

Krys, I'm sorry people were talking **** about Pit behind your back, if I knew it was going on, I would've stopped it, but I was over at the TO station during the match. You also have to realize you were at an IL tournament against an IL player, **** talk is bound to happen, sadly.

Good Doctor... is there even a reason for you to be arguing with him? Leave Brawl kids alone already.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
You guys are ruining what was a fun tournament by arguing on here.

Krys, I'm sorry people were talking **** about Pit behind your back, if I knew it was going on, I would've stopped it, but I was over at the TO station during the match. You also have to realize you were at an IL tournament against an IL player, **** talk is bound to happen, sadly.

Good Doctor... is there even a reason for you to be arguing with him? Leave Brawl kids alone already.
It's more of a debate, but alrighty then.
But **** talk is a part of any game, subtle or not which was my ORIGINAL POINT.

Tink

Smash Hero
lolll....i went to the tournament, and i love reading this argueing heh. its hilarious :p.

also, i personally think neither of you can really discern the differnece of high level play, unless you actually were top level in both games :/...

as a person that was, i agree with everyone :p.
also, side not, johns was the original meaning that good doctor posted, but MW made it our own word, and changed it beyond recognition into what it is today, and thats everything and anything heh.

this tournament was mad fun....everyone will get to see just how lucky kels can be =DD.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Note that my posts become a bit large here, sorry but I am feeling much better about the situation now that I got it off my chest. Sorry to burden everyone in the thread here.

In my experience, it's far easier to gimp in Melee than in Brawl. It's also over all easier to kill in Melee. So a loss in concentration in Melee means a stock more often than just damage and stage control. That was my point.

Also muscle memory also applies to Brawl, I have no idea why you even brought it up.
I get what you mean, I was just saying there any many ways that Brawl has parts that you have to be paying attention to, so it's not far easier or far harder to avoid a loss of a set overall in either game. Stock loss or percentage gain / stage control matter all the same either respects.

And I guess so, but muscle memory was just something I was saying to counter the all-too-used conception that people come under that Melee having tech skill requirements = Brawl is an easy game lol...

But its alright Zwarm I just prefer that people know that it's not something I gather to be respectful or fun (except for them)... I ask them to please stop now, because I wouldn't do that to them in the same situation. If I had stood up from my seat, and asked them to stop, I would have just been made fun of harder. Commentary from the guys next to me was fine. In reality, only Hunger had the foulest of mouths about "Pit" or the way I play him, but it's other players in the background and those following his example.

(and if it continues what can you do? earbuds work, but I like to hear the game lol. i'll just try to get over it.)

hunger!

Smash Champion
if someone would ask me to stop trash talking....i'd prolly just do it more. part of the game. block the crowd out and focus.

This threads stupid now and Tink should shave his beard.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Debate = arguing. I never said you were **** talking him.
Read my post please, I said **** talk is a par of every GAME.
Meaning people **** talk all the time playing GAMES.

Also there is a huge difference in a debate and an argument.

Anyway, where is that results thread?

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Tink's beard scares the cosplayers and D&D kids away from our venue. Keep it growin big man. Your next target is the fat guy who sits in the corner on 2 laptops for 12 hours every day.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Tink's beard scares the cosplayers and D&D kids away from our venue. Keep it growin big man. Your next target is the fat guy who sits in the corner on 2 laptops for 12 hours every day.
Mine is getting there, but I need further advice from Tink.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Yeah I'm drinking at anime milwaukee, reason i didn't go this this btw, but keep it civil here so I don't need to get involved. Not something I don't want to do from my phone.

:phone:

Top Bottom