• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Donkey Kong Matchup thread

ZxChrono

Smash Journeyman
i have played Nezumi before and other pits in tournaments in socal. i came here kinda late and everyones summed up a lot of the situations already >.>

personally i find pit will have a easier time trying to gimp dk with arrows while hes offstage than gimping him with the mirror shield. its not like its marios cape, its a bit different. if the dk isnt careful the arrows will mess his recovery up a lot better than the shield will. all that aside he can rack up the damage on the big lug and has nice little follow ups along with the gimping. 55-45 Pit, i wouldnt say its a big advantage but this match is very annoying.

@Rav

have you played any remotely good DK's as Pit? who doesnt have a free 50% option on DK, we have quiet a few matchups that have that and we do fine on them. if the pit player is being grab happy, baiting a grab with approaching bair to aerial side b works for punishing shieldgrabbing. you seriously think that after the hitstun from shielding downb Pit is going to use upb OoS and SLOWLY fly into the air to nair,bair,dair us in the face. wow.... and you said daisho doesnt know the matchup?

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
I dont think the DK's Understand how Gay A pit player can actually play this game... Saying taking DK to japes is a bad idea as Pit is retarted... We can LITERALLY go to the left and right platforms and shoot arrows., stay above u since the ceiling is high, and just run the clock out... Dk's normally ban RC when i play them so Frigate or lylate is my next options. I play DK as well and i believe that he does space very well but arrows annoy anyone and then fact that Pit can charge them and control there direction makes it worse, DK will try to PS but his shield will deplenish from doing do0oo when the arrow comes after he thinks its coming therefore nair will poke following a UP air...Its as easy as PIE to get out of DK's Fthrow off stage so0o stages like FD dont scare me as much....

GO WATCH MASASHI AND TELL ME IF DK CAN WIN IF A PIT PLAYER PLAYED HIM LIKE THAT...

ZxChrono

Smash Journeyman
I dont think the DK's Understand how Gay A pit player can actually play this game... Saying taking DK to japes is a bad idea as Pit is retarted... We can LITERALLY go to the left and right platforms and shoot arrows., stay above u since the ceiling is high, and just run the clock out... Dk's normally ban RC when i play them so Frigate or lylate is my next options. I play DK as well and i believe that he does space very well but arrows annoy anyone and then fact that Pit can charge them and control there direction makes it worse, DK will try to PS but his shield will deplenish from doing do0oo when the arrow comes after he thinks its coming therefore nair will poke following a UP air...Its as easy as PIE to get out of DK's Fthrow off stage so0o stages like FD dont scare me as much....

GO WATCH MASASHI AND TELL ME IF DK CAN WIN IF A PIT PLAYER PLAYED HIM LIKE THAT...
your basing your arguement off of what? SPAMMING!?! you do realize that the whole art of spamming is based off of how well the mindgames are. that means there is also the case of how well the other player can adjust to this "mindgame", just because it works on one person it wont work on everyone. A spammy Pit can factor in any matchup but that is depending on the person who is playing the character.

Also you bring MASASHI into this? seriously dont bring JAPAN into this. the reason pit is 4th (idk if he still is over there) in the tier list is because they dont know how to deal with spam. MASASHI showed that playstyle and from what i know that is also a factor. the reason pit isnt 4th here is because we know how to deal with spam aka "mindgames" a lot better than they do.

with all that said, im pretty much done. it is your guys board so its up to you what you want to put the matchup as. i already said 55-45 Pit, i think everything is pretty much covered.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
1. if a DK doesn't ban frigate against a pit then you are not playing a DK who knows the match up at all. RC is a decent stage for DK, its not a place we want to CP but its not a place we want to ban

2. Go look at m2k ,does it look like any character can win if a player did that ? - see how stupid it is bringing people into this is

3. arrow spam can be used to an extent but you make it sound like godsend in this match up right after you (the majority of the pit board) thought MS was and me and r@vyn clearly said it wasn't.
arrow spam should never do more than 40% each stock because we'll be up in your face most of the match

edit: lol after looking at your match thread for summary for DK. "watch out for nair"? DK's nair is only good in 1 circumstance and pit will never be in that situation.

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
I don't know this matchup, so I've stayed out of this thread so far...

But I just wanted to say that if a Pit uses WoI to "slowly float over" to DK, they're doing it wrong.

Unless I'm underestimating hand slap's range, we can still get him.

daisho

Smash Lord
I don't know this matchup, so I've stayed out of this thread so far...

But I just wanted to say that if a Pit uses WoI to "slowly float over" to DK, they're doing it wrong.

Unless I'm underestimating hand slap's range, we can still get him.
Okay... if it hits the shield then you will not be able to use up b before we can recover...

Also in knocks you back and its range is longer than olimars pivot grab.

Coffee™

I need it....
All right, im done. Your post doesn't address anything that I said. There is no point in having a debate with you any longer.
I've addressed everything you've said actually but you telling me only information that I can find in your DK guide that isn't going to be matchup specific anyway or that is straight common sense isnt even really good debating to begin with.

I'd rather start the match taking 15-20% from arrows rather than take 40%+ from a chain grab starting at 0.
The CG doesn't have to start from 0. If Pit grabs DK at 20% he can still Fthrow twice to Fsmash. In the end DK basically has to avoid getting grabbed before 40% and with no way to damage himself like Snake, and with having to approach the chances are it's likely that he'll get grabbed. He could just get shot until around 30% though :)

if the pit player is being grab happy, baiting a grab with approaching bair to aerial side b works for punishing shieldgrabbing. you seriously think that after the hitstun from shielding downb Pit is going to use upb OoS and SLOWLY fly into the air to nair,bair,dair us in the face. wow.... and you said daisho doesnt know the matchup?
Why do you make it sound like Pit is blindly running in to grab DK. As I said before Pit can easily condition DK to not expect a grab as and even aside from that Pit has other ways to get grabs. He has FH Dair/Fair -> SHAD-> grab, a pivot grab that has the range of D3's grab, simply Powershielding to a grab, etc. If he's just running at you trying to grab you then he's probably just stupid and should get punished for it but don't make it seem like thats his only option. As for your comment about DK's down B. It's obvious that you don't know how Pit's Up B OoS works and you would really stop talking like you do. How can there be hitstun from a move you shielded :laugh: If you're talking about shield stun then there isn't enough of it for Pit to not Up B OoS and follow up with a fast falled aerial to hit DK unless he is fairly far away from DK when he begins down B and yes I continue to say Daisho doesn't really know the matchup, he even basically said it himself.

3. arrow spam can be used to an extent but you make it sound like godsend in this match up right after you (the majority of the pit board) thought MS was and me and r@vyn clearly said it wasn't.
arrow spam should never do more than 40% each stock because we'll be up in your face most of the match
Agreed. MS is good but good DK's generally know how to avoid it. Also for what it's worth. Pit can CG DK to the edge and force him to air release, which causes problems for DK because he either has to use a jump to get back, which can be shot down with an arrow then Mirror Shielded or he can Up B immediately which can also be MS'd. He also has the option of dropping down under the stage, using his jump and then using his up B to avoid the MS but from there he risks getting Bair stage spiked. Just another bit to add to the matchup

ZxChrono

Smash Journeyman
1. you never did answer my question if you ever fought a moderately good DK as Pit, if you never did then your whole theory based arguement is worth next to nothing.

2. i dont know how upb works OoS? i explained to you already i have played good pits in tournaments and one of them happend to be Nezumi. i am pretty sure i know how pits upb OoS and it is easily seen coming after he is PUSHED back from the down b. when i said you keep saying daisho doesnt know the matchup it was meant as YOU obviously dont know the matchup. you talk about daisho spewing out random DK info, you might want to take your own advice.

3. yes those are good grab options, the bair to side b was just one of the ways we can punish him for grabbing. you make it seem like there isnt a way to punish his setups.

4. you obviously forget that we have 2 SA moves; punch and upb. a good DK is able to keep a punch charged throughout this matchup and is able to abuse the SA on both of these moves. if your going in with any of your moves dont think you can do it safely.

5. the pits that probably have the most experience in this matchup are the west coast and midwest Pits since thats where most of the DK's are. i think its just BUM in NY, ragnarok in NC, and daisho in NJ over in east coast. i dont think theres any known DK's in FL.

honestly, if you dont have this matchup experience and are going off from theory then speak up and say so. for those that have said so good, but dont base this all off theory. just slap a number on it already and move on, its not like it will matter what we say when we have the matchup experience.

Afro Boy2000

Smash Journeyman
Agreed. MS is good but good DK's generally know how to avoid it. Also for what it's worth. Pit can CG DK to the edge and force him to air release, which causes problems for DK because he either has to use a jump to get back, which can be shot down with an arrow then Mirror Shielded or he can Up B immediately which can also be MS'd. He also has the option of dropping down under the stage, using his jump and then using his up B to avoid the MS but from there he risks getting Bair stage spiked. Just another bit to add to the matchup [/QUOTE]

This bit of info alone shows that its Pit's advantage by a decent margain. 60-40 Pit's Favor

Coffee™

I need it....
1. you never did answer my question if you ever fought a moderately good DK as Pit, if you never did then your whole theory based arguement is worth next to nothing.
I've fought good Dks probably not as known as those you've mentioned but ones that know the matchup really well, since they play Pits here often and I also have played the matchup from DK's side as I play DK myself to some extent. I'm not just talking from theory.

2. i dont know how upb works OoS? i explained to you already i have played good pits in tournaments and one of them happend to be Nezumi. i am pretty sure i know how pits upb OoS and it is easily seen coming after he is PUSHED back from the down b.
It depends on where Pit is and what part of DK's Down B it hits his shield. It's not something that will happen consistently but it's still there as an option and yes I'm aware down B pushes you back.

when i said you keep saying daisho doesnt know the matchup it was meant as YOU obviously dont know the matchup. you talk about daisho spewing out random DK info, you might want to take your own advice.
I don't know what I'm talking about because I don't agree sounds more like what you're saying than anything.

3. yes those are good grab options, the bair to side b was just one of the ways we can punish him for grabbing. you make it seem like there isnt a way to punish his setups.
I never said that or implied it. I just listed ways that Pit can attempt to grab DK.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
xD lol theres no beating this guys logic, but so far what he's saying is true. After trying a retreating nair on a dk player it didn't help as much as a retreating fair would. (Still not recommending doing it alot, its a nice way to get tilted/grabbed) .

With the mirror shield debate, ok its not the easiest thing to pull off, but its alot easier to hit dk with it than most characters. unless you're inches from the ledge I'm sure theres a good possibility that a pit will mirror your recovery.

@R@vyn, :/ I'm not sure if japes is a good cp against dk, I think it helps dk.

My opinion on matchup statistics 55:45 :/ spacing and power isnt on our side.

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
I don't think our goal with the matchup threads is to "slap a number on it" so much as it is to actually discuss options and stratagies for the matchup, unless I'm mistaken...?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
strats for pit:

arrow spam
grab a low %
mirror shield if you gimp our second jump
retreating fairs
playing it safe

strats for DK

approach
space f tilt
SA options
punish everything with d-smash OOS
bair

Ax00x0

Smash Apprentice
60:40-65:35 easily.

Pit's just too fast for the big ape, even with his huge range and power. I Love rolling right into a DK, spot-dodge spam, and attack once he throws an U-smash or just attack when I feel like it. It's extremely fun to jab/rapid jab abuse, and if your good at not letting yourself get hit with AR, DK's probably one of the easiest characters to abuse this with, save for DDD and Bowser.

It's just important to not get greedy and be patient. Pit can easily wreck any DK, but if you make too many mistakes, you'll find yourself on the end of some masive damage or spikes. The biggest problem I seem to have is DK's Bair; it's hufe, can kill quickly, and come out fast. And with Pit lacking an aggressive, safeish recovery, this can be problematic. I find that if he knocks me off on FD or the like, to just fall a bit below/by the sate, as a DK know's his recovery won't help him there. Reovering horizontally is usually a no-no.

Just be patient, and victory should be no prboelm. I've had DKs get extremely agnry at me for how slow and annoying I can be to them. :p

@R@vyn, :/ I'm not sure if japes is a good cp against dk, I think it helps dk.
I normally dislike Japes for it's general BS, but this would be fine for a Pit vs DK match-up, for the sole reason of how easy it is to be "gay" on it. I find that camping the right platform with arrows will force them to approach, and from there on, jabbing and rapid jabs will take care of damage racking as well as comboing into some nice set ups. I usually CG on the middle platform, and then camp the right side. Just don't get grabbed, as DK's back throw can kill early there.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
60:40-65:35 easily.

Pit's just too fast for the big ape, even with his huge range and power. I Love rolling right into a DK, spot-dodge spam, and attack once he throws an U-smash or just attack when I feel like it. It's extremely fun to jab/rapid jab abuse, and if your good at not letting yourself get hit with AR, DK's probably one of the easiest characters to abuse this with, save for DDD and Bowser.
This was one of the more biased things I heard. The ratios are biased, for one, and fyi, DK's running Speed is slightly faster than Pit's. DK, being the fastest-running Heavyweight along with some okay overall attack speed as a heavyweight (Being beaten by Wario), he is by all means, not completely slow, like Bowser
Better DKs rarely use U-smash, and their U-tilt is better. And DK's range has it in for Pit's AR, should it be used.

It's just important to not get greedy and be patient. Pit can easily wreck any DK, but if you make too many mistakes, you'll find yourself on the end of some masive damage or spikes. The biggest problem I seem to have is DK's Bair; it's hufe, can kill quickly, and come out fast. And with Pit lacking an aggressive, safeish recovery, this can be problematic. I find that if he knocks me off on FD or the like, to just fall a bit below/by the sate, as a DK know's his recovery won't help him there. Reovering horizontally is usually a no-no.
The range of B-air as well as it being quickly spammable makes it hard for Pit to approach, if he chooses to. The B-air hit-box also cancels out arrows, and outranges just about all of Pit's moves.

Just be patient, and victory should be no prboelm. I've had DKs get extremely agnry at me for how slow and annoying I can be to them. :p
Don't expect every DK to be easy, regardless of DK being one of Pit's easier matchups. Their B-air spacing alone is threatening if one does not know how to deal with it.

I normally dislike Japes for it's general BS, but this would be fine for a Pit vs DK match-up, for the sole reason of how easy it is to be "gay" on it. I find that camping the right platform with arrows will force them to approach, and from there on, jabbing and rapid jabs will take care of damage racking as well as comboing into some nice set ups. I usually CG on the middle platform, and then camp the right side. Just don't get grabbed, as DK's back throw can kill early there.
Keep in mind that Pit can still CG DK off the stage, as long as u get him. Pit can do the camping on DK, though he needs to avoid being spiked into the water, as well as how quickly Pit can be KO'd horizontally. Again, DK's B-air is dangerous, and watch out for the tilts.
Now, if you do get DK in the water, try to keep him in the water by shooting arrows, to the point where he'll eventually get pulled away and get KO'd. This actually goes for all chars.

While some Pits underestimate the DK B-air, and overestimate the Mirror Shield, they should perhaps fight a skilled DK with Pit matchup knowledge. U may reconsider thinking that DK is completely easy, but regardless, the matchup is still in Pit's favor, but is certainly not no 65:35.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
lol..I don't get why Pit mains think he can camp DK. DK is a lot more mobile than Pit. Anyways, Pit is a really easy matchup generally for DK. Maybe 60:40 DK, or 55:45. DK bans frigate if he knows what's good for him, then your best bet for a CP is FD(not rainbow cruise, DK is way better than Pit on that stage, and definitely not Japes).

Basically, from DK's perspective, your air game is garbage compared to DK's bair and he will abuse it any time you want to jump with him. He also beats you on the ground, so despite you having a projectile you should probably be the aggressor if you want to damage DK. If you let him come to you, he actually has the advantage because you are trapping yourself when you run out of retreating room and you want to stay inside as much as you can. I don't know if Pit's is good, but jabgrab is effective against DK due to his lack of fast attacks. Use jabgrabs to get him up so you can juggle him(DK has problems with juggling).

The reason DK wins is that 1. He kills A LOT earlier due to the fact that he is the hardest character to kill overall and he also has the best KO power in high tier(only ganon and ike compete, and they don't have the same efficiency either), 2. He wins on your best CPs and he also has some good CPs against you and 3. His spacing game becomes a serious problem for you when you realize that DK is faster than you in terms of dash speed, aerial speed AND aerial acceleration, meaning his spacing game makes yours look like ****.

Oh, and to the guy that said 65:35 pit advantage, I'd take a money match any time dude.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
lol..I don't get why Pit mains think he can camp DK. DK is a lot more mobile than Pit. Anyways, Pit is a really easy matchup generally for DK. Maybe 60:40 DK, or 55:45. DK bans frigate if he knows what's good for him, then your best bet for a CP is FD(not rainbow cruise, DK is way better than Pit on that stage, and definitely not Japes).
Of all the things I heard, this must be the most biased thing I heard from here. DK for one does NOT have the advantage over Pit!
Pit can camp DK with his projectile, and DK has to approach him anyways since he has no projectile of his own. DK's also a big target for arrows, no matter where DI is.
Even if Frigate is banned (Dont know bout stages), Pit can still camp at FD, shooting from long range til DK approaches. Pit has Frigate, Rainbow Cruise, and Lylat Cruise, according a Pit CP/Ban Stage thread.

Basically, from DK's perspective, your air game is garbage compared to DK's bair and he will abuse it any time you want to jump with him. He also beats you on the ground, so despite you having a projectile you should probably be the aggressor if you want to damage DK. If you let him come to you, he actually has the advantage because you are trapping yourself when you run out of retreating room and you want to stay inside as much as you can. I don't know if Pit's is good, but jabgrab is effective against DK due to his lack of fast attacks. Use jabgrabs to get him up so you can juggle him(DK has problems with juggling).
You think it's all about DK's spammable B-air, which could be shielded easily, and Pit can space as well with F-airs, and switch up with arrows too.
Pit also has that CG on DK (0 to 40%), which he can CG DK off the stage, can try forcing an air release by the edge, and a oissible Mirror Shield gimp from Pit.
When DK doesnt approach Pit, Pit will be arrowing, depending on the Pit. Pit's Jab cancel to Grab is nice against DK....

The reason DK wins is that 1. He kills A LOT earlier due to the fact that he is the hardest character to kill overall and he also has the best KO power in high tier(only ganon and ike compete, and they don't have the same efficiency either), 2. He wins on your best CPs and he also has some good CPs against you and 3. His spacing game becomes a serious problem for you when you realize that DK is faster than you in terms of dash speed, aerial speed AND aerial acceleration, meaning his spacing game makes yours look like ****.
1: So what if DK can KO quickly. Most of the cast can KO better than Pit, like Bowser. Does that mean Bowser has the advantage? NO! Pit isn't even based on power, for he's based on versatility.
And DK isn't the hardest to KO, for characters like Wario, Snake, and D3 have better recoveries. It isn't all about the weight. And what does Best KO power in "Tiers" have to do in this matchup?
2: DK's only good CPs is Brinstar, Corneria, and Japes, (maybe Pirate Ship) and Pit has Lylat, Frigate, and Rainbow. Pit could camp at FD at will, semi-camp at SV, and use the platforms on BF to pressure.
3: DK is only SLIGHTLY faster than Pit in dashing terms, has the spammable B-air which is a threat to Pit, but it isn't godly. If you focus on spacing too much, Pit would wan't to camp you more and get you to approach, again, depending on the Pit's style.
DK may have the better range, power, and weight, Pit's CG, camping ability, pressure, and capability of gimping DK somewhat well (compared to many other characters) via arrow pressure, edgeguarding, and Mirror Shielding gives Pit the edge here, as well as Pit having a great recovery.

This matchup would be 60:40 Pit at the most.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
Of all the things I heard, this must be the most biased thing I heard from here. DK for one does NOT have the advantage over Pit!
Pit can camp DK with his projectile, and DK has to approach him anyways since he has no projectile of his own. DK's also a big target for arrows, no matter where DI is.
Even if Frigate is banned (Dont know bout stages), Pit can still camp at FD, shooting from long range til DK approaches. Pit has Frigate, Rainbow Cruise, and Lylat Cruise, according a Pit CP/Ban Stage thread.
Dude..you're so biased everything you say about any thread involves Pit. When someone asks you "oh what do you look like" you post a gigantic write up about the beauty in pit's eyes or some **** lol dude don't call me biased. You're right, DK does have to approach, but HE WANTS TO APPROACH because when he does, you've run out of retreating room, meaning he will **** you. I didn't say Pit had to approach, I said it's in Pit's best interest to approach. Frigate is a good CP for Pit but it will no doubt be banned by the DK player. Cruise is much better for DK, he has 3 wall infinites and kills at like 30% in a lot of places. Luylat, just no. I'll take jugg spins and platforms over FD any day.

You think it's all about DK's spammable B-air, which could be shielded easily, and Pit can space as well with F-airs, and switch up with arrows too.
Pit also has that CG on DK (0 to 40%), which he can CG DK off the stage, can try forcing an air release by the edge, and a oissible Mirror Shield gimp from Pit.
When DK doesnt approach Pit, Pit will be arrowing, depending on the Pit. Pit's Jab cancel to Grab is nice against DK....
Stop theory crafting, it proves nothing. I'm sorry, did you just say that Pit can space as well with his fair as DK can with his bair? What the hell? Well, you just lost a ton of cred in my book. DK's bair is faster, has less lag and has twice as much range, and also a bigger hitbox. The CG? lol try to grab a DK who knows you want to grab..ask bigfoot, that will get you wrecked. The CG is effective but it does little to help you, oh and if you let DK air release he can just jump over you back to the stage lol. I already said jabgrabbing is nice against DK, I recommended using it.

You didn't get me. I know DK has to approach Pit, but DK wants to approach Pit to keep the pressure on. If Pit approaches DK, there is a lot less pressure on him and more space to retreat.

1: So what if DK can KO quickly. Most of the cast can KO better than Pit, like Bowser. Does that mean Bowser has the advantage? NO! Pit isn't even based on power, for he's based on versatility.
This is completely irrelevant. Not only can DK KO quickly, he's faster and heavier, and has longer range than Pit. This has nothing to do with Bowser. It's like playing 6 stocks to 3, and it is a huge advantage.

And DK isn't the hardest to KO, for characters like Wario, Snake, and D3 have better recoveries. It isn't all about the weight. And what does Best KO power in "Tiers" have to do in this matchup?
DK is the hardest to KO overall. This is common knowledge.

2: DK's only good CPs is Brinstar, Corneria, and Japes, (maybe Pirate Ship) and Pit has Lylat, Frigate, and Rainbow. Pit could camp at FD at will, semi-camp at SV, and use the platforms on BF to pressure.
Yeah, take a DK to BF. Grand idea. LOL

3: DK is only SLIGHTLY faster than Pit in dashing terms, has the spammable B-air which is a threat to Pit, but it isn't godly. If you focus on spacing too much, Pit would wan't to camp you more and get you to approach, again, depending on the Pit's style.
DK may have the better range, power, and weight, Pit's CG, camping ability, pressure, and capability of gimping DK somewhat well (compared to many other characters) via arrow pressure, edgeguarding, and Mirror Shielding gives Pit the edge here, as well as Pit having a great recovery.

This matchup would be 60:40 Pit at the most.
I find that when I face Pit players, I am the one doing most of the gimping. DK's spacing, speed, KO power and weight are all completely out of Pit's league. DK beats Pit pretty easily.

You're also doing nothing but theory crafting and proving that you don't know anything.

EDIT: By the way, if you want to go on thinking Pit beats DK 60:40 or 65:35, go ahead. It'll just be that much better when you get embarrassed by a DK in some tourney.

Metatitan

Smash Master
LOL this stuff is better than television. I don't use pit or DK but I play bigfoot all the time and I know that DK's weight and killing power DOES make a difference and that he can be pretty hard to gimp (although pit may gimp him ez, I'm not sure). I saw something about someone saying his weight and killing power didn't make a difference.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
LOL this stuff is better than television. I don't use pit or DK but I play bigfoot all the time and I know that DK's weight and killing power DOES make a difference and that he can be pretty hard to gimp (although pit may gimp him ez, I'm not sure). I saw something about someone saying his weight and killing power didn't make a difference.
Pit can gimp DK with the mirror shield. It's quite effective, but DK generally doesn't have to deal with it due to the fact that he will never be sent too low or far by Pit anyways.

DK can gimp Pit with bair and spikes just as easily.

Anyways, his weight and killing power are a plus but it's his range and superior mobility that wins for him. He's also EXTREMELY offensively gifted, rendering Pit's defense/oos game nearly useless. I would put DK in a class with MK and Wario in that regard.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
if you somehow wind up way offstage and level with the stage then yeah, you can get gimped

but almost all of his moves hit you up and the rest are easy to DI into the corner, so just float down, what's he going to do? shoot arrows

arrows don't gimp, so you'll make it back after like 5 extra %

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
if you somehow wind up way offstage and level with the stage then yeah, you can get gimped

but almost all of his moves hit you up and the rest are easy to DI into the corner, so just float down, what's he going to do? shoot arrows

arrows don't gimp, so you'll make it back after like 5 extra %
I actually started practicing against arrows offstage and with proper timing/spacing Nair and Uair will clank with arrows. Uair works amazingly well but is very difficult to time while Nair is easy to time but still vulnerable at certain angles due to its silly hitbox issues.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Dude..you're so biased everything you say about any thread involves Pit. When someone asks you "oh what do you look like" you post a gigantic write up about the beauty in pit's eyes or some **** lol dude don't call me biased. You're right, DK does have to approach, but HE WANTS TO APPROACH because when he does, you've run out of retreating room, meaning he will **** you. I didn't say Pit had to approach, I said it's in Pit's best interest to approach. Frigate is a good CP for Pit but it will no doubt be banned by the DK player. Cruise is much better for DK, he has 3 wall infinites and kills at like 30% in a lot of places. Luylat, just no. I'll take jugg spins and platforms over FD any day.
You're the one being biased in the matchup of which is in Pit's favor, or more-so, one of Pit's few advantaged matchups. DK doesn't "Want" to approach. He Has to in order to do damage, and with Pit's arrows coming at him one by one, DK will eventually have damage built up on him if he can't avoid them.
And even if DK bans Frigate, there will always be at least 2 stages for Pit to use against you, once again, using FD as an example, for camping at long range.

Stop theory crafting, it proves nothing. I'm sorry, did you just say that Pit can space as well with his fair as DK can with his bair? What the hell? Well, you just lost a ton of cred in my book. DK's bair is faster, has less lag and has twice as much range, and also a bigger hitbox. The CG? lol try to grab a DK who knows you want to grab..ask bigfoot, that will get you wrecked. The CG is effective but it does little to help you, oh and if you let DK air release he can just jump over you back to the stage lol. I already said jabgrabbing is nice against DK, I recommended using it.
Pit's spacing isn't his biggest asset, his versatility is, more defense than offense move times, but pressures most characters with his decently fast attacks, some of which have multiple hits, like U-air. Pit, however, can be played in many different ways, from offensive to defensive to campy.
And still, Pit can CG DK, and it does NOT have to start at 0%.
In fact, stop mentioning the stupid DK B-air. You act like the move alone will win you the match against a Pit. Pit's just gonna shoot you to turn you back around, and you'll need a bit more time to go back to B-air spam mode, and Pit will still be shooting arrows. At the same time, if a Pit spaces correctly at the right distance against a DK B-air, Pit can F-air the foot and not take damage, or he may take damage, but DK will too.

You didn't get me. I know DK has to approach Pit, but DK wants to approach Pit to keep the pressure on. If Pit approaches DK, there is a lot less pressure on him and more space to retreat.
DK Has to approach regardless to fight, and you're thinking that Pit isn't good at close-combat. Pit does quite well in close-combat (depending on matchup) as he is being on the defensive (again, depends on matchup). DK, being a big target, makes it easy for Pit to hit him. Getting towards DK isnt complete;y hard as long as the Pit knows how to get through a spammy B-air wall and any other thing DK can throw at him. Not easy if the DK is good and is somewhat not completely predictable so that the Pit will know how to counter it.

This is completely irrelevant. Not only can DK KO quickly, he's faster and heavier, and has longer range than Pit. This has nothing to do with Bowser. It's like playing 6 stocks to 3, and it is a huge advantage.
And Pit can gimp DK quickly (compared to most of the cast), which can nullify DK's big weight that lets him live long as long as the Pit knows how to and can gimp DK, which again is easy compared to most characters.

When DK is offstage:
-Arrows from long range while DK is recovering
-Pit's F-air that can beat out your Up-B and rack up damage at the same time. Before you get any ideals about airdodging, DK has a limited recovery, giving him a few options which involve stalling once with Side-B, airdodge, or actually try to land an F-air
-And of course, Mirror Shield (Pit has to time it of course).
Even if Pit can't KO quickly, he can rack up damage fast, and has the potential to do so. Heck, the U-tilt can do a total of 16% damage when all hitboxes hit, and it isn't even a killing move.

Me bringing Bowser to this was simply to show you how wrong your Statement is, which I quote here:

"1. He kills A LOT earlier due to the fact that he is the hardest character to kill overall and he also has the best KO power in high tier(only ganon and ike compete, and they don't have the same efficiency either),"

Not true at all, but sort of close, if you ONLY counted weight.

DK is the hardest to KO overall. This is common knowledge.
Once again, he isn't the hardest to KO.... At least D3 and Snake got better recoveries, and at the same time, D3 is heavier and has a better recovery. At the same time, Wario may weigh less, but just has plenty of recovery options and is harder to gimp. Therefore, pure weight doesn't mean everything.

Yeah, take a DK to BF. Grand idea. LOL

The point of this was to show an example that you can't ban all of Pit's places that he's good at against DK.

I find that when I face Pit players, I am the one doing most of the gimping. DK's spacing, speed, KO power and weight are all completely out of Pit's league. DK beats Pit pretty easily.

You're also doing nothing but theory crafting and proving that you don't know anything.

You may be fighting noobish spammy Pits, but better Pits that know the matchup would be aware of DK's spammable B-airs, the power, and would know how to get him offstage, and gimp him. Never underestimate a Pit with the DK matchup knowledge and experience.

EDIT: By the way, if you want to go on thinking Pit beats DK 60:40 or 65:35, go ahead. It'll just be that much better when you get embarrassed by a DK in some tourney.
For one i dont do no tourney, and don't assume anything. I already have played a few DKs, some may be spammy with Smashes, and then others that know how to space with the B-air and do the Cargo Stage spike KO when granted. I've even played ook before and am aware of what DK can do. I already know about DK's range, power, weight, and good speed for a heavyweight. However, Pit, once again, has the CG, which he can get DK off the ledge, force an air release, and a possibility to gimp him is right there. Then the ability to camp, nothing really special though important to Pit.

Right.... umm anyways, to answer the statement, Pit, overall, is great at edgeguarding, and gimping about half the cast. DK is one of Pit's easier targets, like Ike, Link, and Bowser. This is one of the big things that make Pit good against DK, along with Pit's CG (The F-throw) on him, and DK really doesn't have anything to get him outta it when performed and timed correctly in between throws.
Back to gimping, i would believe characters with the more limited recoveries (Again, DK, Bowser, Link, and Ike) are those Pit can excel against at times, and since DK is one of them, Pit is capable of pressuring DK with his own string of moves and edgeguarding, and even camping.

Once again, I see this matchup as 60:40 or 55:45 Pit, where 65:35 Pit is biased, like saying DK has the advantage over Pit.

And I'll have to edit this later.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
You're the one being biased in the matchup of which is in Pit's favor, or more-so, one of Pit's few advantaged matchups. DK doesn't "Want" to approach. He Has to in order to do damage, and with Pit's arrows coming at him one by one, DK will eventually have damage built up on him if he can't avoid them.
And even if DK bans Frigate, there will always be at least 2 stages for Pit to use against you, once again, using FD as an example, for camping at long range.
Please learn how to read. DK will be approaching immediately, I am not arguing this, but this is how he wants it because it gives him an advantage here. FD just means you have some more space, but it also means DK will live that much longer while he can still kill you under 100%.

Pit's spacing isn't his biggest asset, his versatility is, more defense than offense move times, but pressures most characters with his decently fast attacks, some of which have multiple hits, like U-air. Pit, however, can be played in many different ways, from offensive to defensive to campy.
And still, Pit can CG DK, and it does NOT have to start at 0%.
The CG goes to 30% then DK can up B. Big ****ing deal. DK deals that much damage to you with one grab or up B.

In fact, stop mentioning the stupid DK B-air. You act like the move alone will win you the match against a Pit. Pit's just gonna shoot you to turn you back around, and you'll need a bit more time to go back to B-air spam mode, and Pit will still be shooting arrows. At the same time, if a Pit spaces correctly at the right distance against a DK B-air, Pit can F-air the foot and not take damage, or he may take damage, but DK will too.
DK's bair wins aerial fights. Pit cannot outspace DK though because DK is faster than Pit in every category when it comes to mobility. DK's spacing will beat Pit's, and there's nothing Pit can do about it. There's no "bair spam" among good players. All you're doing is theory crafting here. By the way, DK's bair stops arrows and if he does get hit, he's only turned around if he is DIing forward.

Bottom line, if you're facing a good DK the bair WILL HIT YOU UNLESS YOU DODGE OR EVADE IN SOME WAY which means you WON'T BE ATTACKING.

DK Has to approach regardless to fight, and you're thinking that Pit isn't good at close-combat. Pit does quite well in close-combat (depending on matchup) as he is being on the defensive (again, depends on matchup). DK, being a big target, makes it easy for Pit to hit him. Getting towards DK isnt complete;y hard as long as the Pit knows how to get through a spammy B-air wall and any other thing DK can throw at him. Not easy if the DK is good and is somewhat not completely predictable so that the Pit will know how to counter it.
spammy bair? Can you name me a few good DKs you've faced? Ever?

And Pit can gimp DK quickly (compared to most of the cast), which can nullify DK's big weight that lets him live long as long as the Pit knows how to and can gimp DK, which again is easy compared to most characters.

When DK is offstage:
-Arrows from long range while DK is recovering
-Pit's F-air that can beat out your Up-B and rack up damage at the same time. Before you get any ideals about airdodging, DK has a limited recovery, giving him a few options which involve stalling once with Side-B, airdodge, or actually try to land an F-air
-And of course, Mirror Shield (Pit has to time it of course).
Even if Pit can't KO quickly, he can rack up damage fast, and has the potential to do so. Heck, the U-tilt can do a total of 16% damage when all hitboxes hit, and it isn't even a killing move.
lol dude..DK just B reverses then hits you with bairs if you try to hit him, or hits your arrows with bairs if you try to shoot him. He recoveres over the stage, gimping situation ended. He also doesn't rack up damage that quickly when you're spacing him and he can't hit you.

Me bringing Bowser to this was simply to show you how wrong your Statement is, which I quote here:

"1. He kills A LOT earlier due to the fact that he is the hardest character to kill overall and he also has the best KO power in high tier(only ganon and ike compete, and they don't have the same efficiency either),"

Not true at all, but sort of close, if you ONLY counted weight.

Once again, he isn't the hardest to KO.... At least D3 and Snake got better recoveries, and at the same time, D3 is heavier and has a better recovery. At the same time, Wario may weigh less, but just has plenty of recovery options and is harder to gimp. Therefore, pure weight doesn't mean everything.
uh..no. Only Bowser is heavier than DK, and Bowser has horrible momentum canceling while DK has a brake. DK. IS. THE. HARDEST. CHARACTER. TO. KILL. Stop arguing this, it's a fact.

The point of this was to show an example that you can't ban all of Pit's places that he's good at against DK.
But Pit is only good against DK on frigate and FD, and FD is probably even, not an advantage.

You may be fighting noobish spammy Pits, but better Pits that know the matchup would be aware of DK's spammable B-airs, the power, and would know how to get him offstage, and gimp him. Never underestimate a Pit with the DK matchup knowledge and experience.

For one i dont do no tourney, and don't assume anything. I already have played a few DKs, some may be spammy with Smashes, and then others that know how to space with the B-air and do the Cargo Stage spike KO when granted. I've even played ook before and am aware of what DK can do. I already know about DK's range, power, weight, and good speed for a heavyweight. However, Pit, once again, has the CG, which he can get DK off the ledge, force an air release, and a possibility to gimp him is right there. Then the ability to camp, nothing really special though important to Pit.
Through the thicket of theory crafting I noticed that you said you've faced ook. How'd that go?

Right.... umm anyways, to answer the statement, Pit, overall, is great at edgeguarding, and gimping about half the cast. DK is one of Pit's easier targets, like Ike, Link, and Bowser. This is one of the big things that make Pit good against DK, along with Pit's CG (The F-throw) on him, and DK really doesn't have anything to get him outta it when performed and timed correctly in between throws.
Back to gimping, i would believe characters with the more limited recoveries (Again, DK, Bowser, Link, and Ike) are those Pit can excel against at times, and since DK is one of them, Pit is capable of pressuring DK with his own string of moves and edgeguarding, and even camping.
lol dude..you're playing intermediate level brawl from the looks of it.

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
Chillax, guys.

We should be approaching this from an evaluative standpoint, rather than hatin' on eachother.

Wish I could contribute... I've honestly never played a DK. I mean, never.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Please learn how to read. DK will be approaching immediately, I am not arguing this, but this is how he wants it because it gives him an advantage here. FD just means you have some more space, but it also means DK will live that much longer while he can still kill you under 100%.
Alas, Pit can build up more damage here, and last longer on FD, too, as well as camp well, which he's already good at.

The CG goes to 30% then DK can up B. Big ****ing deal. DK deals that much damage to you with one grab or up B.
It's to about 40%, and DK can't escape unless the Pit moves slow on the CG. Once you're at the edge and forced to air release, you have a chance of being gimped. That's under even 70% when done right.

DK's bair wins aerial fights. Pit cannot outspace DK though because DK is faster than Pit in every category when it comes to mobility. DK's spacing will beat Pit's, and there's nothing Pit can do about it. There's no "bair spam" among good players. All you're doing is theory crafting here. By the way, DK's bair stops arrows and if he does get hit, he's only turned around if he is DIing forward.
Again, B-air isn't everything.... And DK's still big enough to get hit with arrows, over or under the B-air hitbox. A Pit could shield through them and get under DK's skin.
At the same time, if Pit was under DK, U-air would take over if the DK doesn't time D-air or the airdodge correctly. Some Pit players prefer to predict an airdodge, then connect a B-air.

Bottom line, if you're facing a good DK the bair WILL HIT YOU UNLESS YOU DODGE OR EVADE IN SOME WAY which means you WON'T BE ATTACKING.
Again, Arrows over or under the B-air hitbox, you really need to stop mentioning it. And you still doubt the Pit F-air timings. It ain't frequent,

ook and another are only ones i remember, and the real question here is Can you name me a few GOOD Pits that you faced? Ever?

lol dude..DK just B reverses then hits you with bairs if you try to hit him, or hits your arrows with bairs if you try to shoot him. He recoveres over the stage, gimping situation ended. He also doesn't rack up damage that quickly when you're spacing him and he can't hit you.
Again u go with ur stupid B-air overestimation. B-air ISN'T EVERYTHING!

uh..no. Only Bowser is heavier than DK, and Bowser has horrible momentum canceling while DK has a brake. DK. IS. THE. HARDEST. CHARACTER. TO. KILL. Stop arguing this, it's a fact.
You're the one wrong on this. While DK is the 2nd heaviest, he's still at the lower half in terms of recovery. D3, Snake, Wario, for example, have better recoveries, and still are heavyweights, giving them the chance to live longer as well instead of being bait for easy gimps, which actually Pit can do to DK.

But Pit is only good against DK on frigate and FD, and FD is probably even, not an advantage.
Easily wrong.

Through the thicket of theory crafting I noticed that you said you've faced ook. How'd that go?
During the ladder last year, he simply was a great DK, no complaints. Regardless of the B-airs, I made it quite a bit, but challenging. And your stupid insults about my "Theories" irritate me.

Your responses seem to be of lower level than my level if u r comparing. Go fight a smart Pit that knows the matchup, then come back. I wouldn't be the one to actually say that, but for the sake of this place and to protect ur embarrassment, do so.

Metatitan

Smash Master
LOL don't act all high and mighty admiral, you're a wifi player.

Here's a good question(I'm posting because this thread is hysterical and amuses me), has a good OFFLINE TOURNAMENT pit ever faced an OFFLINE TOURNAMENT DK in an OFFLINE match?

Coffee™

I need it....
I think both admiral and darknid are wrong in quite a bit of their points, although mostly Darknid, but I'm not gonna comment on specifics anymore. This debate is funny, so I'll just sit here with my popcorn. :)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
While Metatitan trolls (Again), I still stand firm on my beliefs. And that's lazy R@vyn, real lazy. (share the popcorn later) -_-

But regardless, I'm keeping it at 60:40 Pit for now, until convinced to change otherwise. I am leaning to 55:45 Pit, somehow.

aish

Smash Journeyman
LOL don't act all high and mighty admiral, you're a wifi player.

Here's a good question(I'm posting because this thread is hysterical and amuses me), has a good OFFLINE TOURNAMENT pit ever faced an OFFLINE TOURNAMENT DK in an OFFLINE match?
I faced a pretty good DK at my tournament 8D he hasn't made it to my other ones though as of late =[ can i fall under good offline tournament pit though 8D? D8 most kills he got on me were grab and throw me to the stage so it became stage spiked OTL only thing that worked wonders was once nair hit you can spam use it a few more times if lucky 8D but i lost the set =[ got spiked many times xD

Doctor X

Smash Lord
My pit has a perfect 3 set record against Ripple. :)

Then again I haven't played him in close to a year. :ohwell:

Edit: Also this debate-- and the lack of discussion in my Ike thread-- proves why matchup discussions will never, ever, ever work. People only "discuss" when there's a flame war.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599

i agree DK is amazing in the air
sigh his bair is such a beautiful tool to use. I dont understand why people consider him...slow...in the hands of a good player; DK can be such a wrecking machine. His smashes are fast and powerful. I wish my DDD had good smashes like DK. Then his tilts are like deliciously ranged and are fast too
sigh DK is full of awesome. A pit going up against a good DK should be wary of just how much range, power and speed DK has. If i was a Pit, i dunno i'd be scared to death too--- if death in the form of a 250lb muscle machine gorilla was rushing me from across the platform. I'd shot arrows as if my % depended on it.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
Alas, Pit can build up more damage here, and last longer on FD, too, as well as camp well, which he's already good at.
While he lasts longer, DK also lasts longer. It's not an advantage to any one character unless you have a brake like DK which means you'll last even longer.

It's to about 40%, and DK can't escape unless the Pit moves slow on the CG. Once you're at the edge and forced to air release, you have a chance of being gimped. That's under even 70% when done right.
An air release? You mean ground release? There's no threat of a gimp from an air release. By that logic, any time you're hit offstage you have a chance of being gimped. I could say the same thing about DK if I were so petty. DK can get you offstage LOW every time he grabs you through cargo, and omfg..YOU HAVE A CHANCE OF BEING GIMPED!

Again, B-air isn't everything.... And DK's still big enough to get hit with arrows, over or under the B-air hitbox. A Pit could shield through them and get under DK's skin.
At the same time, if Pit was under DK, U-air would take over if the DK doesn't time D-air or the airdodge correctly. Some Pit players prefer to predict an airdodge, then connect a B-air.
That's funny since DK's aerial speed is top of A tier, he can just outrun you and bair you. You can juggle him since he does have problems with that, but that has nothing to do with aerial spacing. By the way, bair IS everything. It beats every aerial you have and dominates you. It makes you its *****.

Again, Arrows over or under the B-air hitbox, you really need to stop mentioning it. And you still doubt the Pit F-air timings. It ain't frequent,
You need to stop mentioning arrows against DK's bair. If DK is using a bair, it means he is close enough to hit you with it, which means you shouldn't be shooting any arrows since DK is liable to stomp a mudhole in your *** if you do.

ook and another are only ones i remember, and the real question here is Can you name me a few GOOD Pits that you faced? Ever?
Well since you went the wifi route, I've faced ADN, rogue pit and some other 1900+ dude whose name I don't remember on the ladder. All nice guys, none gave my DK too much trouble, and I'm not even good at brawl.

Again u go with ur stupid B-air overestimation. B-air ISN'T EVERYTHING!
I beg to differ.

You're the one wrong on this. While DK is the 2nd heaviest, he's still at the lower half in terms of recovery. D3, Snake, Wario, for example, have better recoveries, and still are heavyweights, giving them the chance to live longer as well instead of being bait for easy gimps, which actually Pit can do to DK.
Uh..lol dude. What attack do you have that's going to send DK low? None. Pit has no attacks that are going to threaten DK by sending him low. Fox, MK, Snake, sure you could say that. Pit, no. Any time you send him offstage, he will be luxuriously high, allowing him to B reverse and bair his way to safety. DK's recovery is good, by the way. You measure a recovery by rate of success, not by how far the character can move.

Easily wrong.
I'd like to thank you for not explaining why, since it saved me an excruciatingly confusing read.

During the ladder last year, he simply was a great DK, no complaints. Regardless of the B-airs, I made it quite a bit, but challenging. And your stupid insults about my "Theories" irritate me.
lol dude DK is not a wifi fabulous character like Pit. DK heavily relies on spacing to win most of his matchups, meaning his wifi game is ****. I beat Bigfoot's DK on the ladder with Bowser(BOWSER of all wifi ****ing chars) to put this in perspective.

Your responses seem to be of lower level than my level if u r comparing. Go fight a smart Pit that knows the matchup, then come back. I wouldn't be the one to actually say that, but for the sake of this place and to protect ur embarrassment, do so.
Yet you're the one talking about gimping people out of an air release and pit's fair being a better spacing move than DK's bair. You've already embarrassed yourself dude.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Want some soda R@vyn? Anyways it's apparent that nobody here knows what they're talking about. One side is all theorycraft and the other is all theorycraft and knowledge based only on wifi (which is probably worse than just theorycraft). *Goes back to watching*

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
While he lasts longer, DK also lasts longer. It's not an advantage to any one character unless you have a brake like DK which means you'll last even longer.
Hince I said Pit can camp better. DK ain't gonna live long without some good DI of some sort. DK will most likely live around 130-160% depending on the stage and distance from the blast radius from Fsmash or a sweetspotted B-air, which kills quicker if it isn't stale. With Pit being able to pressure and rack up damage fast as he is pressuring, it won't take long for Pit to get DK to the 100s before you know it if the DK cannot keep Pit off of him.

An air release? You mean ground release? There's no threat of a gimp from an air release. By that logic, any time you're hit offstage you have a chance of being gimped. I could say the same thing about DK if I were so petty. DK can get you offstage LOW every time he grabs you through cargo, and omfg..YOU HAVE A CHANCE OF BEING GIMPED!
Air release, stupid. The one where a char is forced to be released into the air. A Pit can do this to DK after CGing him and holding him off the ledge. After that, a Pit has a chance to gimp you, after Pit CGs you to the ledge, where you are actually forced to an air release (If Pit does not pummel at the time when he is released).
The CG is still 0-40%, not 30.

Pit has one of the best edgeguarding games in the game as it is, one of the better chars that can gimp others as well, about half the cast at best, with DK being one of his better targets to gimp.
Unfortunate for you, you lack mentioning the many recovery options Pit has, AND capable of shooting arrows AS he is recovering to mess you up if you wish to pursue him, not guaranteed 100%, but still, Pit has that against you, same as he does when he arrows you away while you try to recover.

And just about a good amount of ppl knows that they can just hold Up or Down on the control stick to quickly get outta the cargo thing, and if u r off stage before u can cargo spike... Pit has a chance to capitalize.

That's funny since DK's aerial speed is top of A tier, he can just outrun you and bair you. You can juggle him since he does have problems with that, but that has nothing to do with aerial spacing. By the way, bair IS everything. It beats every aerial you have and dominates you. It makes you its *****.
We don't care bout no aerial speed here, and ffs B-air ISN'T EVERYTHING! You act as if no Pit player could shield (not mirror shield) through those stupid attacks and close in to pressure you with his quick multi-hit attacks.
You yourself underestimate Pit at close-range, especially against a big target. Pit could capitalize easily on your mistakes.

You need to stop mentioning arrows against DK's bair. If DK is using a bair, it means he is close enough to hit you with it, which means you shouldn't be shooting any arrows since DK is liable to stomp a mudhole in your *** if you do.

DK is still a big target, and you won't even know if the Pit wants to shield or avoid ur attacks and close in. Not all Pit players are defensive.

Well since you went the wifi route, I've faced ADN, rogue pit and some other 1900+ dude whose name I don't remember on the ladder. All nice guys, none gave my DK too much trouble, and I'm not even good at brawl.
Right, making up stories.... That's the way to go..... NOT!

Uh..lol dude. What attack do you have that's going to send DK low? None. Pit has no attacks that are going to threaten DK by sending him low. Fox, MK, Snake, sure you could say that. Pit, no. Any time you send him offstage, he will be luxuriously high, allowing him to B reverse and bair his way to safety. DK's recovery is good, by the way. You measure a recovery by rate of success, not by how far the character can move.

You lack such knowledge here. DK isn't supposed to get knocked low by Pit's attacks, for Pit can't really do that unless you really DI yourself downwards. Pit is supposed to pressure you and your limited recovery to get DK to go lower, from arrow after arrow, usually getting a DK to airdodge or try stalling with Side-B, and get knocked back further and further as arrows hit em, knowing that DK's recovery is limited.
Now if DK goes too high, his only option is to airdodge against pursuing Pit. Even so, a Pit's U-air is hard to airdodge, same with N-air. Other Pits may want you to airdodge, and wait to connect a Sweetspotted B-air. Some Pits would rather wait and piviot grab you when doing that fastfalling airdodge.
If he does it too low, he's more prone to edgehogs and mirror shieldings, maybe even getting knocked back by an F-air.

Regardless, Pit has an edge when it comes to edgeguarding, and recovery options in this matchup.

I'd like to thank you for not explaining why, since it saved me an excruciatingly confusing read.
You yourself are confusing enough that some would rather not answer to...

lol dude DK is not a wifi fabulous character like Pit. DK heavily relies on spacing to win most of his matchups, meaning his wifi game is ****. I beat Bigfoot's DK on the ladder with Bowser(BOWSER of all wifi ****ing chars) to put this in perspective.
Power Smashes on Wifi like Ike.... Right.... And Bowser isn't the worst.

Yet you're the one talking about gimping people out of an air release and pit's fair being a better spacing move than DK's bair. You've already embarrassed yourself dude.
I never said Pit's F-air is a better spacing tool for that Ape's B-air. You overestimate the stupid B-air and underestimate Pit's F-air.
Granted, Pit has a chance to gimp a DK after CGing one off the stage, grab and hold him right off the ledge during the CG, wait for the air release, then a chance for DK being gimped is right there, under even 50%. Even if the Pit doesn't gimp him right away, Pit would most likely have done additional damage to DK.
At the same time, you embarrassed yourself already by saying DK has the advantage over Pit from the beginning, and we all know Pit has the slight advantage over him.

Where even some TRY to debate to get DK to at least 50:50 with Pit, I just don't see it. 55:45 Pit would most likely be better.

By the way, bair IS everything.
I had to quote this of what u said by itself to show how biased and wrong you are. IF B-air was everything, then you would beat just about almost every Pit by just spamming that one move. Not only will the Pit eventually catch on and try to counter it, but the B-air will be stale when constantly used.
Now, to take example, G&W 's B-air is more threatening, and harder to avoid and counter, especially with Pit (there are still some that suffer more than Pit against G&W).
The point is this; B-AIR ISN'T EVERYTHING!

And I still am firm about this amtchup being 55:45 Pit.

EDIT: And metatitan still trolling, not even giving one bit of helpful info. That's even worse than not contributing at all.

Coffee™

I need it....
Want some soda R@vyn? Anyways it's apparent that nobody here knows what they're talking about. One side is all theorycraft and the other is all theorycraft and knowledge based only on wifi (which is probably worse than just theorycraft). *Goes back to watching*
Nah, I'm good. I got that Kool-Aid out already but yeh you right lol.

EDIT: Matchup is 60:40 Pit adm.

Top Bottom