• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does it Insult You When People Play Brawl Horribly?

Royblazer

Smash Apprentice
Nope. Some of my friends aren't very good at Brawl, and some of my cousins aren't either. If they're not good at the game, so be it.

Calm101

Smash Rookie
i don't particularly care, it only pisses me off when someone automatically claims they will beat me without even trying to fight me. but if someone wants to be egoistic let them ***** and complain once they lose.. :)

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
i don't particularly care, it only pisses me off when someone automatically claims they will beat me without even trying to fight me. but if someone wants to be egoistic let them ***** and complain once they lose.. :)
you are a bright lad...

Murallie

Smash Rookie
For me, it depends on the person. Some people are ***** when it comes to Brawl/Melee. As for me, I'm fairly good. I use one hand due to physical limitations. There were a few who I fought against who were rather egotistic. Sure, I lose sometimes but, hey I try. I've loved the game since it first came out. People who are like that really... well, I don't know. Let us pass judgment on them. :laugh:

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
Uh, no. Why would feel insulted? I just find people who kinda suck and train them myself, until they reach a point where they actually pose a threat. Then I beat them down and kill their ego! hehe, just kidding.

Ojanya

Smash Ace
I definetly feel insulted, for example, I was playing With Anyone Teams the other day as Luigi. There was a decent Pikachu, a decent Marth, and me. Then there was this absolutely atrocious Lucas that ONLY did PK Thunder and tried to hit us. Apparently he didn't understand how to guide it into himself for the extra boost, because he couldn't recover for ****. I'm saying to myself "ok idiot, learn the rules of the character before you actually display those poor skills to the public!".
All the little kids in GameStop play Brawl like they are sooooo good, but it's like.....be educated or don't play. At least be DECENT. I can appreciate someone who is not as inclined at spacing or advanced techs but can put up a decent fight, but what I CAN'T fathom is someone who doesn't know that aerials or tilts exist. Seriously, it gets on my nerves to no end. Does anyone else feel this way?
Like 98% of the Gamestop Brawl "Tourney."

They think they're good because they got an item.

TheREALShadowChaos

Smash Journeyman
It insults me when someone hates on someone else because they were beaten by the said person and continue thinking they're amazing. It's even worse when they insult and/or make excuses as to why you win (ie, you were spamming).

That's very annoying and pisses me off to no end.
I know that feeling.

People who call you a noob and refuse to play against you because you beat them, that is gay. -_- Especially when they brag every time they win. -_-

I know such a guy. Henow says that he does not want to play against me because l only use R.O.B. ,but he also refuses to play against me when l use Zelda, Sonic, or Falco....

Also in the past he D/Ced every 1v1 match that l was going to win, in other words, every match. -_-

At least he could stop bragging about every match that he wins because he is clearly a noob since he can't even beat me. (My Smash skills are even WORSE than my English grammar !!!!)

ProNoob

Smash Cadet
I had a friend named Wesley, and he told me that he could beat me and he was a pro.
I knew he couldn't put his money in his mouth, considering that I owned him 4 stocked him in SSB.
He continued to disagree about how bad he was, and he even shunned some videos that got me into advanced SSBM.
When he slept over at my house, I 4 stocked him so easily at Melee.
Then, we played some Brawl and he beat me for a few rounds.
(However, I don't own a wii, and he had brawl for about 2-4 months)
After picking Marth, I owned him immensely.
He went through 3-4 of his "best" characters, and all of them were shut down when I started using R.O.B.
Then he picked his "ultimate" character, which was Metaknight.
I beat him, but not as good cuz he spammed the *** tornado.
Heh, but when I found a counter, he utterily lost every match until he found cheap stage tricks to keep me at bay.
I had pity for him, considering that he had the game for a huge time and that I just started playing.
But he got better, THANK GOD FOR PRO SSBM!!!

Shadow_of_Link

Smash Apprentice
It depends on the person. If they claim they're good, and we have match, and they can't even shorthop, shield, tilt or whatever, then I care. It's like, why say you're good when you clearly aren't? It just pisses me off (cause I have a high intolerance of ignorance >_>)

Zench

Smash Cadet
of course i don't feel insulted, why should i care if there is this random guy playing brawl a little bit at his friends house. thats how i think, its just nothing to be mad about. there is more to it than what you see on the screen.
(but for intended spammers, yes GTFO!)

Aura Power

Smash Apprentice
MO (small town sry, can't tell you exactly where)
Spammers specifically Pikachu/Ike users, I've nver fought an Aether spammer but the move already annoys me. Plus IMO sammers are more like traps/obstacles than actual players. But I don't have anyone around me that is annoying the couple opponents I have know what a tilt is, and are kinda decent opponents so I'm not complaining

Veggi

Smash Champion
For me, it depends on the person. Some people are ***** when it comes to Brawl/Melee. As for me, I'm fairly good. I use one hand due to physical limitations. There were a few who I fought against who were rather egotistic. Sure, I lose sometimes but, hey I try. I've loved the game since it first came out. People who are like that really... well, I don't know. Let us pass judgment on them. :laugh:
You can play Smash with one hand?! I heard some people on Smash 64 could do it, but Melee and Brawl must be hard.

tonyrulz92

Smash Apprentice
Yes, it certainly does. Especially when those people who don't know how to play button mash and end up scoring multiple hits on you.

Uffe

Smash Hero
It insults me when someone who doesn't play who I main tries to defeat me and make me look bad. Seriously, if you're going to do that, give up, just take the game out and never play it again.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
You can play Smash with one hand?! I heard some people on Smash 64 could do it, but Melee and Brawl must be hard.
I beat my friend in a legit math with one hand as Jiggz in Melee.
(he was CF.hes honestly good)
I play a pretty mean one-handed Melee Sheik. =P

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
I don't suggest actually trying that, though, as you'll then almost definitely lose.
but it could be more enjoyable than the match itself. all that blood and guts n stuff. since i'm usually playing with not so good players, i don't mind, as long as they're helping me win. like spamming a move on someone else then i come in and finish both off. >_>

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Oddly enough, I get worse when I play against a n00b. But when I play against High level players. I get better somehow.

stoopdklutz

Smash Journeyman
If its a little kid, I play horribly, then come back, just to mess with their heads. If it's a slightly older little kid, I Ice block lock them.

I hate arrogant little kids, but I can understand why they think they're good.

Zanoske

Smash Journeyman
If its a little kid, I play horribly, then come back, just to mess with their heads. If it's a slightly older little kid, I Ice block lock them.

I hate arrogant little kids, but I can understand why they think they're good.
When I play an arrogant kid, I get peach and **** them.

PCHU

Smash Lord
You guys are lucky, our gamestop only has ONE controller.
So that means any n00b with a lofty attitude can talk crap and get away with it.
But if they're ever coming over to my house, they're dead.

But yes, it really hurts me.
Especially because my friend and I main Ike and Falco.
I have a reason for what seems like laser-spamming, and it's to laserlock people.
Sometimes I don't always hit them in time.

But Ikes just tear me apart.
I mean, you honestly think you can win by spamming fsmash and Aether?
Goodness, anytime I come across them, I always make sure I get the FIRST KO on them.

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
Not just 'cause someone plays bad. Makes me mad when someone that sucks says they're good, does bad, and all 'a the casuals in the room believe them. Or when someone that's really bad beats me in a match 'cause of a lucky Final Smash or item in a FFA (or by avoiding me the whole fight), then chickens out when I try to challenge him to a 1-on-1.

Zanoske

Smash Journeyman
Not just 'cause someone plays bad. Makes me mad when someone that sucks says they're good, does bad, and all 'a the casuals in the room believe them. Or when someone that's really bad beats me in a match 'cause of a lucky Final Smash or item in a FFA (or by avoiding me the whole fight), then chickens out when I try to challenge him to a 1-on-1.
When someone chickens out after a lucky match, tell them that their scared to play you again. or something like "aww, poor little baby scared to play again!"

something like that, always works for me when im up against my stupid older brother that acts like an arrogant kid in brawl

Calixto

Smash Apprentice
Not really, no. I mean, the games are sorta hard to watch if it's two newbies going at it, but I don't see how it's insulting. Unless it's two newbies claiming to be awesome, in which case you can just own them both at the same time. Problem solved.

GI Josh

Smash Journeyman
I only hate it when a noob you're owning just happen to get one kill on you, and then they brag that they are all that

XHMI

Smash Rookie
I'm one of those sucky people at brawl
However, I'm perfectly aware about it
and I only play with 3 or 4 of my friends who are way better than me

personally, I get angry when people don't even attempt advice.
like, good lord, when I tell my brother that he should shield (he sucks ***, can't even beat a lvl 7), he shrugs if off and still doesn't acknowledge it. then I pwn him and he gets angry and leaves

stoopdklutz

Smash Journeyman
I have an Oli friend who is decent, but never takes my advice. He could be so much better...

Also, I played A REALLY bad captain falcon who did nothing but spammed side b. he took a stock off me, and the rest of the night at the party was him bragging about it.

Top Bottom