• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
dthrow to up b aww yeaa!!!

tell me about it i got owned by peach at pound LOL i think i need to start running away and throwing pills more often
D.throw -> Up+B. You would do some dumb bull**** like that. At the same time, that IS pretty witty considering your other alternatives. XD

AND YES, THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN TRYING TO TELL YOUR *** ABOUT MATCHUPS LIKE PEACH AND LUIGI. YOU'VE GOT TO THROW PILLS.

I don't know why you and shroomed have this "pills are for camping" mentality. It ain't like that. You need pills to make those ****ers stop doing **** (pulling turnips for peach, which cuts her approach, and WDing around for Luigi), and coax then into doing stupid **** like put their shields up.

I MEAN F***, YOU CAN APPROACH WITH PILLS. GO BACK AND WATCH $MAC'S ****ING 10 YEAR OLD TUTORIAL WITH THE "FLEE THE DRUG SCENE" NOSENSE.

f***!

__

In other news, Bayonetta = Crank that Right Trigger Bros.

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
D.throw -> Up+B. You would do some dumb bull**** like that. At the same time, that IS pretty witty considering your other alternatives. XD

AND YES, THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN TRYING TO TELL YOUR *** ABOUT MATCHUPS LIKE PEACH AND LUIGI. YOU'VE GOT TO THROW PILLS.

I don't know why you and shroomed have this "pills are for camping" mentality. It ain't like that. You need pills to make those ****ers stop doing **** (pulling turnips for peach, which cuts her approach, and WDing around for Luigi), and coax then into doing stupid **** like put their shields up.

I MEAN F***, YOU CAN APPROACH WITH PILLS. GO BACK AND WATCH $MAC'S ****ING 10 YEAR OLD TUTORIAL WITH THE "FLEE THE DRUG SCENE" NOSENSE.

f***!

This, no reason not to throw pills against characters like that, it limits their options considerably. Pills all day, son

Shroomed

Smash Master
i use tons of pills vs marth cuz he's a mother****in piece of **** with a humungous *** sword

other than that, doc doesnt need pillzzzz that much

unless he's camping =D

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
i use tons of pills vs marth cuz he's a mother****in piece of **** with a humungous *** sword

unless he's camping =D
To me thats like saying Ryu doesn't need his Hadoken. Pills, hadokens, they're valuable tools that can control a lot of space.

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Lol I'm not the best Doc. but thanks anyways. I'm way too washed up now and there's other great Doc. players out there. Dogysamich, Shroomed, otg, HMW and Spikes (don't know if Cyphus still plays) ... some pretty sick Doc. players, and VGMasta is up and coming, trust me (I'm sure I missed a few ... those are just the ones I've watched/played). Maybe if I got back into smash and went to tourneys again I'd stand a chance against some of you guys, but that's doubtful anytime soon so keep repping. I really just come on the boards to see the new faces to Doc. and try to help people with some of the things I've learned over the past few years of maining him.

otg

Smash Master
word, its nice having you around homie, but I'm not as good as everyone else you listed (spikes i would **** tho). I'm like dogys apprentice in the dark arts to so expect me to start ****** tristate soon.

VGmasta

Smash Lord

unless he's camping =D
I remember when that IShotLazer dude let me throw about 70 pills in one match. :laugh:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6miD9_vKjk
It was the campiest Marth that I was ever aware of.

But, F*** ALL THAT STUFF ABOUT "CAMPING" Shroomed...

I'm gonna start doin' some DJ Nintendo/SmashMac stuff and pill as long as my ALLOW ME to do so. The only reason I haven't spent a bunch of time spamming the pills that I use to is because I'm still a noob with Doc :ohwell:; so I've been playing a bunch friendlies/casuals to try actually approaching people as Doc just to see what kinda approaches work and what doesn't work. After playing against Renth and RockCrock last Friday, I finding that Doc's options out of sheild (OoS) vs. Ganon aren't that good :(. Once I'm done discovering all of my approaching options as Doc to adjust my metagame, I'm gonna re-insert the pill game I had goin' as long as I'm playing seriouslies.

I mean, if your opponents are getting crushed by your appoaches anyway, then you may as well just proceed to do that. But against anybody that knows the Doc matchup at all, Doc just doesn't have enough attack power/priority/range to be approaching all the time . It's just flat out smarter to at least try to get the free pill damage in, even if it is "camping". So I'm gonna sit back and camp this mofos like I'm playin' Halo 2. Hell I'll pitch a tent and roast some marshmallows while I'm at it.

Random Doc fact everybody: If you catch somebody in all 7 hits of a fresh full hop d-air it deals 19%. Even Doc's stale d-air deals 15% on all 7 hits. Now how **** is that?! :chuckle:

Shroomed

Smash Master
everyone says i play doc like fox

runnin around throwin out attacks

pills are jus my safety net for when i approach afterwards lol

Renth

Smash Hero
Couple things.

Barry I love you.

Shroomed is very good listen to everything he has to say.

Ricky.. if you start camping me i'll be very sad and probably play falco and just laser for 200 years.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Couple things.

Barry I love you.

Shroomed is very good listen to everything he has to say.

Ricky.. if you start camping me i'll be very sad and probably play falco and just laser for 200 years.
Yes much love too ALL the Doc players in here. I hear everyone all the way. Sorry Mark (Renth), but you and I both know how badly Doc gets slaughtered by Ganon. So, ummm... yeah looks like you're gonna do like Mang0 does vs. Doc (whip out that killer Falco of yours. :chuckle:).

EDIT:
Aside from that, you're not gonna actually let me camp and throw pills the whole match. Doc CAN'T literally camp the match with pills unless his opponents ALLOW Doc to camp. Every competent Ganon can do a human coconut (Ganon's air-jump) right over the pill into a f-air on Doc's face. Actually, a lot of my opponents just flat out cancel the pills with of attacks of their own.

Doc might get away with camping if he had more running/jumping speed like Falcon or Fox. Plus the pill projectile only travels at a mediocre speed/distance.

Renth

Smash Hero
Yes much love too all the Doc players in here. I hear everyone all the way. Sorry Mark (Renth), but you and I both know how badly Doc gets slaughtered by Ganon. So, ummm... yeah looks like you're gonna do like Mang0 does vs. Doc (whip out that killer Falco of yours. :chuckle:).

Aside from that, you're not gonna actually let me camp and throw pills the whole match. Doc CAN'T literally camp the match with pills unless his opponents ALLOW him to. Every competent Ganon can do a human coconut right over the pill into a f-air on Doc's face.
People and your silly names for things coconut-kobe ect. bleh hate them all personally. Doctor Mario does not get "slaughtered by Ganon" imo. Seeing how both Dogy Sammich and SmashMac have both beaten me in tournament. :p

And, you're right pill spamming doesn't really bother ganon much at all.

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Renth <3. How's life man.

The only grabs I really ever get on Ganon as Doc. are because I either tech-followed or the Ganon didn't space correctly. If I grab out of shield it's pretty lucky. If the Ganon knows Doc., he should know you're going to try and grab him out of shield so typically they will space every aerial pretty much making shield-grabbing almost worthless. Once you do grab though it's like a field-day if you know the percents and what to do at them. Correct pilling and spacing tricks really does help overall with Doc's game-play, creating openings that you've never known possible against some characters (Ganon included but only on stage.) You can mess up his recovery from below as well with them or set him up for a bair/cape, but since his aerials all go through pills, they're not entirely as useful off stage or while recovering.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Yeah, I over-exaggerated with the whole slaughtered by Ganon theme. That's just my Doc getting slaughtered by you and Dennis (RockCrock). The Doc vs. Ganon matchup aint that bad. But that Marth is just a str8 up *** all day.

Renth

Smash Hero
Renth <3. How's life man.
I'm fine, hope to run into you sometime soon or atleast catch up, you know my aim.

Do pills really bother anyone good?
No

The fact that you can uair juggle the balls off Ganon free is what makes this matchup amazing imo.
Anybody can combo ganon allll dayy haha so lame

Yeah, I over-exaggerated with the whole slaughtered by Ganon theme. That's just my Doc getting slaughtered by you and Dennis (RockCrock). The Doc vs. Ganon matchup aint that bad. But that Marth is just a str8 up *** all day.
You'll get there, keep studying and playing. Dennis is a phenominal player losing to him is no big deal.

Shroomed

Smash Master
rockcrock's DK was harder than his ganon

IMAGINE IF DOC'S PILLS WERE LIKE THIS

well i cant find the doc one so the mario one will do, but there was one where pills were like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-gDom0jWuM

i need to approach with fair moar

and do any of you find it semi-difficult to L-cancel the dair?
i miss that **** all the time, that's pretty bad lol

Renth

Smash Hero

VGmasta

Smash Lord
rockcrock's DK was harder than his ganon

IMAGINE IF DOC'S PILLS WERE LIKE THIS

well i cant find the doc one so the mario one will do, but there was one where pills were like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-gDom0jWuM

and do any of you find it semi-difficult to L-cancel the dair?
i miss that **** all the time, that's pretty bad lol
LOL, If Mario/Doc has that kind of projectile brokeness they'd prolly be banned altogether. And yes the L-cancel is a bit trickier. I think it only works when you hit L (or whatever button you L-cancel with) right before you land on the ground (like a couple of frames or something). All the other aerials can be L-canceled with more room for error upon the time you decide to press the L-cancel before landing.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yea I put up a lot of doc vids on my channel, if people would critique 'em that'd help a lot, since I just recently went back to doc and I wasn't too good to begin with haha.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
I'm so happy.
I went to Tourneyplay 4 this weekend and actually beat legit people* in brackets, both singles and doubles.
I got 7th in teams and I think 17th in singles.
Doc *****.

*A Luigi/Sheik player in particular.
Never played a good Luigi seriously, but I remembered all the advice I'd learned about this matchup and won. Then he went FD and picked Sheik. I was like, Okay.

I did find out though, that I'm really bad at the Falco matchup.

Top Bottom