• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you use L or R for dodging?

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
I think I used L. I don't have a GCC (yet, I'm getting one) though, it was at my cousins.

Plus, I'm used to pressing Z on the wiimote+nunchuk combo.

The Marth

Smash Apprentice
R for everything, L just seems so wierd. I don't button mash A and B, I button mash R so it's natural :laugh:

gocubs44123

Smash Cadet
I think I use L but its so natural a reaction I'll have to make for sure Im using L and not R.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
L for dodging/sheilding. I have R set to attacks so I can buffer Ganon ledge shenanigans easier; ledge-canceled dair's and the like.

Supersneezy00

Smash Rookie
L. I don't know why, since I'm right handed. But if I actually think about it, instead of acting on years of training, I can use the R button just as accurate as L,. It IS a little uncomfortable though.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
i never used L before, but since in Melee i need to L cancel, i've been using it more. R dodge allt he way.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Hmm, just though about this and I dont even use my right index finger
I use l for everything brawl and melee, shield, lcancel, airdodge etc
have never used r or z, i just grab with r and a
I guess its cos my right hand is already doing too much lol, gotta give it a break sometime

link 6321

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3909-8008-4987
I use L, because I have to press A+R and Z for my boost grabs with Snake. If I use my 2nd, Captain Falcon, I naturally use L and never R.

Zen Basis

Smash Rookie
I use the L button.

Haha, and guess what else is kind of funny-- If play other video games where I'm about to get hit, I always end up trying to shield with my L trigger. It usually ends badly; for example, playing Super Mario/Kirby 64, and my first instinct when I get surprised by an enemy is to press my L trigger. Boo muscle memory...

UberBowser

Smash Rookie
I don't know if this is weird but I only use R for ground dodges and L for any and all aerials.

Playing against Tabuu on Intense really helped my aerial dodges. I guess from there I got into the rhythm of using L in the air.

Volts

Smash Cadet
Most of the time I really don't notice, I like to use L because otherwise I feel like my left hand doesn't really get to do anything.

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
I use R. I tend to use L for character-specific control configurations. It's awesome to have a whole extra button free, but the L/R are kinda hard to press quickly, so it limits what you can do with it... still useful though.

Top Bottom