• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you use L or R for dodging?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I use R, for some reason I feel like I lose accuracy with the control stick If I use L, I think it has to do with my grip on the controller. Problably has to do with X being grab for me instead of Z too, frees up my right index finger for dodging.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I feel dirty when I use R...

It's so...unnatural.

:093:

Nicole

Smash Champion
I use R and all of my smash crew says I'm weird for doing it...apparently R is supposed to be used for grabbing. But X works just as well for that! (then they tell me X is for jumping...sigh)

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
I've always wondered about this. Personally I use L for everything dodging and shielding related, but I use R for air dodges as well, and sometimes for Z-airs too.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I don't think I posted in this thread yet, but I actually use both now.
I still prefer L over R any day.

It might be because I'm ambidextrous left handed.

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
I use R for general Shielding/Dodging/Rolling on occasion. I use L for glide tossing. I did the same with Melee, only I also used R for L-canceling and L for Wavedashing.

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
I use L for all my shielding and dodging needs, since I use Z to grab... I modified my classic controller so that R is grab...ZR is just too annoyingly away from my finger...of course, I only use classic whenever my friends and I are running short on controllers.

Top Bottom