• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you prefer light or heavy characters?

Vect0r

Smash Journeyman
I definitely prefer the heavy dudes, like Bowser and D3 (those are my mains) I used to play as lighter characters a bit more than I do now, but I decided the heavies fit my playing style more.

How about you?

PrinceRamen

Smash Lord
NNID
PrinceRamen
3DS FC
1590-4706-2476
Well i main more light chars than heavy, so i guess i like light chars and mid weight characters. The only heavy's i use is DDD and Snake.

I'm pretty sure this thread was made before.=/ i think......

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
I perfer light or middle weights because they're usually faster. I suck with all heavies in Brawl because they're so slow for me. In Melee it wasn't as bad because of L cancel, but in Brawl I get ***** when I use a heavy.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Eh, I like 'em both, but IMO, being able to move and attack faster is better than having more mass and strength.

ChAlz

Smash Cadet
I prefer them both.

I main the 2nd lightest character in the game and second the 3rd heaviest in the game.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I play characters in every weight class.

day-day - ZSS is very lightweight.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Lightweight for me, because I like my characters to move and hit fast
Really? That's how I like my women.

Mario is mid-weight, as he should be. Ganon's pretty heavy, and Kirby is very light.

My 3 favorite characters along with Ness and DK.

lax guy5

Smash Journeyman
Doesn't matter too much for me, as long as they fit my play-style. Like my two mains are very different! (Pikachu = light, Ike = Heavy.)

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
I main Light chars, mostly due to their speed and quick attacks.

Heavys are ok, but just too big a target.

POKE40

Smash Lord
Light characters mostly. G&W, Jiggs, MK, and Diddy are my favorites.
All are good at gimping.

Although Wario and snake are my favorite heavy weights due to Wario's great recovery and bizzare air movement and snake's multiple projectiles, including a non-special trap, and has also a recovery that can be done again with b-down, intiate denotating, and use up-b again.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I used to prefer heavy, but that has changed.

llamapaste

Smash Journeyman
I like light characters that can survive a long time like Gdubs or MK.

REL38

Smash Lord
It doesn't matter too much if you DI, but that doesn't always go your way.

My lightest char, Kirby, can usually live up to 130% in most cases while my Snake reaches 170%.

I used to prefer heavy weights, but it doesn't seem to matter all that much in Brawl.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
middleweight and lightweight. I can get more combos across, I can run faster, sure less power but a better recovery (trust me the lighter ones have the better recoveries), with most lightweight ones its easier to juggle. If you dont believe me Id like to introduce you to my friends Kirby, Lucas, and Sonic. Yeah Ill pound your *** if you come across me.

Rapax

Smash Apprentice
I prefer heavy and mid-weight. Like Bowser and Marth ;)

I just can't play light characters :psycho:

Well, i don't mind. Heavy and middle do have the most cool characters =) (Ganondorf, Link, Bowser, Ike, Marth, King Dedede, ...)

BSP

Smash Legend
Personally, i don't think they balenced the weight classes that well. Anyway, i use mario- medium, luigi-medium, ness- about medium light, sonic- medium. They have about similar playstyles(except sonic).

GALE 14

Smash Journeyman
i play more middle heavy charakters
but light i play too
link mk snake

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Boozer and DK are not slow....
Whoever said it obviously meant running/walking/horizontal air speed. Stop being so close minded, people! -_-

I prefer lightweights. I prefer being able to combo PLUS having speed is a big plus.

Supreme65

Smash Apprentice
Light weight. Cuz all of them require techical skill (expect MK). Peach, Diddy and GnW requires a lot of skills before you can completely master them. The only middle and heavy are Luigi, Snake.

justaway12

Smash Master
How on earth does Peach way more then ZSS? Is it the dress and gloves that make her weigh more? lol They should be the same weight at least.

I think it's all that junk in the truck (and by junk I mean her weapons. Obviously :p).
She also ways more than Zelda, Sheik and Marth, the only other characters that aren't very small.

Off-topic:
I love your avatar and sig. A lot! <3

Top Bottom